Synchronicity for Six Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rose and Maggie were met by Maeve, Mary, and Susan as they exited the ladies' room. Hugs and air kisses abounded amid the questioning looks.

"Where's Julie?" Susan inquired.

"Oh, she and Tom are already at school, getting their apartment arranged. Although I'd hope they'd have things sorted out by now. We moved them in last weekend," Rose answered.

"Which would explain why we did not see you last Sunday," deduced Maeve.

"Yeah, it's a little hard to be in two places at the same time," mumbled Maggie.

"What was that, dear?" pressed Maeve, smiling yet imposing her will upon the girl.

"I'm very sorry, Mrs. Johnson. I really need some coffee before I can be sociable. Would you please excuse me?" With that, Maggie hurried to the Fellowship Hall.

"You've got your hands full with that one, don't you Rose?" Maeve asked.

"You have no idea. I swear it's a curse that Ron put on me. He prayed for intelligent children, not compliant ones. His prayer was answered by Maggie, and then he bolted. I cannot adequately convey my gratitude to you and Jack for giving her something constructive to do with her time until she can get to college in August. But, thank you, so much."

Smiling and nodding, the three gathered up Rose and they set off to find their menfolk. The ladies approached their gentlemen and each offered a light kiss on the lips so as not to mar the lipstick or lip gloss. They all stood around in companionable silence, sipping their drinks and eating their donuts. At some unseen signal, everyone began to make their way to the worship center. Just prior to entering, Maeve pulled Rose to the side.

"Dearest, Rose. Would you please join us at my house on Tuesday morning at 7:30? It's time for you to become more involved, if you wish."

Halfway expecting this 'summons', Rose replied with, "It would be my pleasure, Maeve. Should I bring anything?"

"Oh, no, dear. We will just be having some good coffee, coffee cake, and conversation. Yes, we know you'll have to get to work, too. Mary is counting the days until she no longer must go in. In that, you are a God-send for her. You know how to get to my house, right?"

"Google Maps is my good friend. I'll be fine, thanks. Let's go in to keep our guys in line."

Monday, January 11

'Happy Fucking Birthday to me,' Alan mused as he pulled into his driveway. David and Rose had considerately parked to one side of the driveway so Alan had access to the garage. It had not been the best of days for Alan at his new job. Gil had been truthful when he had prepped Alan for the project managers Alan would be supervising. Two of them were good at their jobs, but the other two were far more challenging than Alan had expected. He had spent most of the afternoon meeting with these 'problem' PMs, and his patience was at an end.

Because he was so new to his job, nobody realized that today was his 48th birthday. That was forgivable. But his family had said nothing to him that morning, either. Admittedly, David and Maggie were still sleeping (or at least they had not emerged from the front bedroom) when he left, but Rose was up. Surely, she realized today was the one special day of the year for him. Sighing mightily, he closed the garage door and entered the house.

The dark dining room suddenly lit up and a chorus of "Happy Birthday, Alan!" echoed throughout. His heart lightened and his attitude did a 180-degree flip. A broad smile crossed his face as Rose wrapped him in her arms and looked into his eyes. He looked around her head to see David and Maggie along with Tom and Julie, Maeve and Jack Johnson, Gil and Susan Larsen, and Mary and George Henderson. The half sheet cake was on the table and there were champagne glasses of a bubbly amber liquid near the plates and forks.

"Are you surprised, honey love?" Rose inquired.

"Yes, very, my love. I have to admit that I came home a very grumpy bear. But this makes the day all better now."

"Come, have a piece of cake and then we'll go out for supper, all of us."

Hugs and kisses were offered and accepted from his family and all the ladies. Alan made the first cuts into the cake, then Maeve took over the cake distribution. Mary handed him a glass of bubbly stuff and he sniffed it first. Assuring him it was merely sparkling cider, she smiled and said, "We know you far too well, Alan. It's safe for all to have some."

When everyone had a glass in hand, Gil stepped up and offered a toast to Alan. Everyone lifted their glasses, echoed the toast, and took a nice big drink. The pieces of birthday cake were eaten and Alan excused himself for a few minutes to address some output needs.

Rose watched as he did not mount the steps to their room, but instead went into the living room. She was worried this might happen. She caught Tom's eye and nodded her head with a sorrowful look. Tom then got David's attention and the girls quickly picked up on things.

"I'll be right back. Would you four please hold down the fort for a few minutes?" Rose asked quietly. Getting nods of assent, she quietly walked down the hall to the front door and looked into the living room. Sure enough, Alan was just standing there before Laura's picture, head bowed, and audibly sobbing. She came up behind him, wrapped her arms around him, and laid her head sideways on his back.

"I'm here, Alan. She got her way and brought me to you and you to me." She turned him around and pulled his head to her shoulder. "I love you so much, Alan Joseph Harrison. You have become my everything. Now, dry your eyes, tell Laura 'Thank You', and let's get on with supper. Will Los Tres Amigos work for you?"

Alan wiped his eyes on her blouse, then sniffled back the last of his tears.

Alan used the half-bath in the hallway while Rose went up to change her tear-stained blouse. He returned to his children and his guests before Rose did and made the explanation that she had wanted to change before heading out for supper. Then he looked puzzled and asked, "So, where did you all park? I did not see any unexpected vehicles on the street when I came home."

"Mom wanted it to be a surprise, so we came in my car," Julie explained.

"And we all came in George's Suburban from our house," Jack supplied. "Are we headed back to that little hole-in-the-wall place from Christmas Eve?"

"Yes, Los Tres Amigos, Jack. I hope you all can deal with the very best authentic Mexican cuisine in town." Heads nodded all around and huge smiles appeared on the four younger ones' faces. Rose appeared in a red blouse and tight black skirt combination, and everyone quickly departed for supper.

When they reached the restaurant, they saw a sign on the door, stating 'Closed for Private Party'. Alan's soaring hopes plunged like a lead balloon. Rose just got out her phone and made a quiet call, saying, "We're all here now." As she was putting her phone into her purse, the beautiful daughter of the owner appeared and unlocked the door from the inside. She gestured for everyone to enter, then she relocked the door.

The excellent meal was enjoyed by everyone. The Larsens and the Hendersons were vociferous in their praise. They had previously been unaware of the restaurant and the quality of its food. Jack and Maeve had ventured to try the fajitas which they found surprisingly delightful. Alan accepted the well-wishes of his family, friends, and the restaurant staff, and it was nearly 8:30 when they finished.

"Don't worry about the bill, love. I've already taken care of it," Rose assured him when he started to look around once everyone was full. "Besides, you still have your birthday present to unwrap." She bounced her eyebrows so Alan had a very good idea what his present would be.

The four older ladies quickly huddled and assured each other that the weekly meeting at Maeve's was still on for the morning. With quick hugs and air kisses, the Harrisons and Lawsons headed back to the house while the other six returned to claim their vehicles at Jack and Maeve's.

Leaving their sons and daughters to their own devices, Rose and Alan retired to their bedroom. Each hurriedly removed their clothing and together they addressed their sanitation needs. The simple act of standing side by side at the sink, naked and ready for their fun had resurrected Alan's tears. Oh how he had missed this joint time with Laura! Rose saw his tears and tried to wipe them away with her thumbs. Alan caught her hands and gently pulled her to him. His salty lips sought hers and soon his stiffening cock was poking her.

"Come on to bed, my love," she said while leading him by that same stiff handle. "I have just the place for you to put that to very good use."

Soon she was astride him, joyfully, and he mumbled, "Happy Fucking Birthday to me!"

"What was that, love?" Rose inquired.

"I said, 'Happy Fucking Birthday to me,'" Alan replied.

"No, dearest one. It's a Happy Birthday Fucking to you."

Alan would be a few minutes late to work in the morning.

Tuesday, January 12

Rose met the other ladies at Maeve's for a light breakfast and coffee. She was accepting their drawing her into their circle. She did not want to think of it as a clique, although it probably was to an outsider. Still, their intentions were for the good of everybody, and somebody had to take the reins of leadership. Sipping her coffee which was nicely improved by the Amaretto creamer Maeve offered, she crossed her ankles and listened until she was addressed directly.

"So, Rose, how was Alan's post-supper birthday last night?" Susan Larsen inquired with a knowing grin and a twinkle in her eyes.

"Oh, I think he enjoyed the whole experience. I know I sure did."

That set off cackles from Maeve and Mary, and Susan smiled broadly.

"So, how have the last two weeks been for you all? A bit of a whirlwind, perhaps?" Susan inquired.

"So much has happened. Let me think back.

"Alan's first day at his new job was the 29th. I sent him off with a big kiss, a packed lunch, and the admonition to simply ease into the new job. David was slotted in to be a lifeguard all week, and of course Maggie had her job at the store." Rose inclined her head to Maeve again in thanks. "Tom, Julie, and I decided to take things easy for a couple of days. I made a large pan of lasagna to celebrate Alan's new position. Thank you, Mary, for the recommendation of the Italian sausage. It made the dish just perfect!

"Tom, Julie, and I drove to Centreville on New Year's Eve and got a big U-Haul truck rented. I had intended for Tom to drive it, but he's not 25 years old yet, so I was a very Nervous Nellie getting that monstrosity to my apartment complex. We packed up almost everything in the kitchen and linen closet that day, sorting what would be stored and what would go with them to their new apartment. Which I found to be rather small.

"Alan, David, and Maggie drove up when they were done with their work, and we danced and rang in the new year. I am so very glad Alan did not drive up so he could drive the truck back here. Anyway, we got the apartment empty but not yet cleaned and drove back here on New Year's Day. We unloaded the stuff we're keeping in the basement the next morning and then set out for Tom and Julie's place.

"Their apartment is just three or four blocks from school, and their landlord is a very nice guy. Bruce Parker is his name, and without us even asking, he was there helping us move the beds, sofa, chairs, tables, and boxes into the apartment. That took the better part of the afternoon while Maggie and I unpacked what we could of the kitchen and bedroom. Julie was so adorable, directing and pointing where she wanted everything to go. Alan must have had words with Tom beforehand, because all I ever heard from Tom was, 'Yes, dear.'

"They emptied the truck and got it returned before the rental place closed, then we went out to eat at a Golden Corral. We invited Mr. Parker to come with, but he begged off. Tom and Julie returned to their place, and the four of us stayed at a hotel. We did not come home because it was so late, and it was Tom's birthday the next day. We had breakfast with all six of us, then the four of us drove back here on Sunday, which is why we missed the lunch we had been planning. I'm so sorry, Maeve, for spacing that out."

"It's alright, dear. The six of us had a pleasant soup and salad luncheon and then the guys hid out in Jack's 'Man Cave' watching the dumb football games. How about your new position? Didn't you start that on the 4th?"

"Yes, I did. I think I may have bitten off a bit more than I was ready to chew, though."

"Oh?" Mary's eyebrows almost disappeared into her hairline at Rose's admission. "I never got that impression, dear. You are just so calm, cool, and collected. I'm actually a bit envious. Your customer-centric manner is quite the example to try to follow."

"Thank you for that, Mary. Without the customers, I would not have a job. Anyway, you can't see it, but I'm emulating a duck almost every day; calm and cool above the water and paddling madly below it."

"Well, don't worry about it, dear. I'm merely a phone call away, even after I stop coming to the office. You are doing fine and I have total confidence in you." Mary patted Rose's hand in assurance.

"That's all the time we have today, I believe. Rose and Mary must get off to work now. We'll talk about some service opportunities next week. Thank you all for coming this morning," Maeve concluded.

= = =

Tom and Julie were getting ready to head back to their apartment when David caught them.

"I need to get Maggie to the store, but I wanted to bounce some thoughts off you before you leave. Can you wait until I get back?"

"I suppose we could dawdle over some breakfast while you are making your delivery. Go on, we'll be here when you get back," Tom assured him.

Once they were in David's Jeep, Maggie looked at him. "Are you going to talk to them about us going there over Spring Break?"

"Yep. My break is the week after theirs. I know you've had your eye on their second bedroom as a visitor's landing place."

"Yeah, well given how far it is, it's difficult to make that a single day trip. We wouldn't necessarily have to stay the whole week, but definitely a couple of days. Try this idea on for size, Davey. I'll have to spend a year in the dorms; so might you. But the autumn of my sophomore year, maybe we could cohabitate in that apartment."

"I'm way ahead of you there, Magpie. I think my dad and your mom are there as well. Tom and Julie will have proven it's cheaper than living in the dorms with the meal plans, and I got lucky with Robert as my roommate this year but there's no guarantee that we'd be so lucky again. Besides, I love you."

Maggie grabbed his right hand resting on the gear shift and gently squeezed. "And I love you too, Davey."

When David returned, Tom and Julie had just cleaned up their breakfast detritus and were wrapped in each other's arms. "So, brother, what did you want to talk to us about?"

"Your Spring Break is just after St. Patrick's Day in March, right? Mine's a week later. Maggie and I would like to come and spend a couple of nights with you two at that time. Just to kinda get the lay of the land for next fall, you know."

Tom looked at Julie and raised his eyebrows. Julie pursed her lips and gave a small shrug, leaving the decision in his hands. Hopefully by then their schedules would be better defined. They were still in a honeymoon-like phase before their classes began. Still getting the wrinkles out, so to speak. And definitely banging like bunnies.

"Yeah, I think we could accommodate you two for a couple of nights. We'll need to keep in touch with each other to work out the specifics. I take it you two liked what you saw?"

"Well, it was a pretty small place, but the location was excellent and Mr. Parker seems like a really nice guy."

"Yeah, we really lucked into finding that place when we did." Tom chose not to elaborate on his belief that Laura had influenced things. "We've gotta get rolling now."

Julie pulled David into a big hug and kissed the side of his head. "Take very good care of my sister while you're still here at home. I love you, just not as much as I love Tom."

David cracked a smile at her words. "Ditto. Tom, you've got everything you came with and need to take with you?"

"We've got one stop to make on our way out of town, David. We'll text the 'rents when we get there safely."

As they pulled out onto the street, Julie asked, "Where do we need to stop, Tom?"

"At the Adult Toy Box store. We need more condoms, at the very least. Who knows what other fun toys we might find."

"Oooh, I like where your mind is at, Mr. Harrison. Direct me, please."

They picked up a mega sampler pack of 144 condoms of different colors, textures, and features, as well as a bright pink Rabbit vibe. Julie was so impressed with the one Dawn had and here was her opportunity to get one for herself. Some flavored lubricants rounded out their purchases, and soon they were on the road.

= = =

David was at loose ends. He had completed all of his scheduled Lifeguard shifts, and he had not been called back since the last week of December. He was bored. He would head back to the State Art Institute for the spring semester after church next Sunday. Everybody else in the house was working. He didn't feel like watching a movie. Without conscious direction, his feet took him into the living room. He sat on the sofa and looked up at the portrait of Laura. He was justifiably proud of that piece. His instructor was rather saddened that he had insisted on bring it home for Thanksgiving.

He didn't know if its presence was causing more grief than solace. An idea occurred to him, and he needed to talk it over with Alan and Rose. Then he remembered he needed to complete the application to transfer to State in the fall. With that motivating him, he went up to his room and fired up his computer. He completed and submitted the application then sat back in his chair with his fingers interlaced behind his head.

= = =

Alan finished with his latest discussion with the managers who were struggling with their projects. He had had to be more direct with them than he wished to be. The EDGE (Explain, Direct, Guide, and Enable) method just wasn't working with them. They seemed resistant to his help. On the brighter side of things, he had five resumes provided by the recruiter for people from his previous employer. They had followed through and made contact with the recruiter and were seeking alternative employment opportunities. He needed some one-on-one time with Gil, but nothing was open on Gil's calendar. At 2 PM, he saw Gil walk by with a coat on, and Alan jumped to catch him.

"I'm just taking a 10 or 15-minute break to walk the parking lot, Alan. Why don't you get your jacket on and come with me?" Gil offered.

Walking together, Alan shared his concerns about the problematic project managers. He then added that he had received some resumes of people wishing to follow Alan from his previous employer.

"I did warn you about those two," Gil reminded.

"You did, indeed. Did you bring me in to be your 'hatchet man' in their cases?" Alan inquired.

"Let's just say I wanted a neutral outsider's opinion. You need to set your 'Mr. Nice Guy' persona aside and have a hard talk with them, soon."

Exhaling heavily, Alan nodded in agreement. "What about the others who still wish to follow me here?" Gil smiled at the question.

"We're bidding on a recompete project. It's one you worked on a few years ago. Your name is giving us some very good traction in this RFP process. I hope we'll be able to add some more headcount in the near future. So, go ahead and have the PMs start interviewing. We'll probably have to shake up the teams a bit, though. How about we discuss this on Friday over lunch?"