Synchronicity for Six Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Turning in her seat, Katie flung her arms around Maggie and sobbed, "Yes, yes, Mags. I choose you all to be my family," Katie cried yet again, but there were no tears left to be shed at that point. All that remained was confusion and anger about her aunt and uncle and love for Maggie and Rose, her chosen family.

For the next hour or so, Katie sat between Rose and Maggie as Rose related the rest of what Larry had told David. She vacillated between the shock and dismay of finding out her parents were not her birth parents and flashes of intense anger at her relatives who conspired to keep that truth from her. She rightly reasoned that her O'Shea grandparents were complicit, and she could not comprehend how a conspiracy of that magnitude could be kept from the older family members. Perhaps Larry and Sharon were not in on the secret, but her birth parents and her aunts and uncles had to be.

Katie was quiet for the most part but occasionally lapsed into sobs, either on Rose's or Maggie's shoulder. She didn't know Alan all that well, yet, and she still carried a torch for David. She would never allow herself to betray Maggie's friendship, but she still hoped. So, she kept her relative distance from the men. After a little bit, Alan nudged David's arm and they stood and left the living room.

David finished folding his clean laundry and brought it upstairs to be ready for Sunday's return trip and rejoined his father. Alan sat at the kitchen table, texting Pastor John. He informed the pastor that while Katie was related to Brendan and Michelle O'Shea, they were not her birth parents. That information had been made known to Katie that day, and there possibly could be drama at church in the morning. Alan wanted John and Ruth to be aware and ready to intervene if necessary.

"Let's sit and have a bowl of ice cream," Alan suggested. While they enjoyed the frozen treat, David waited. His father wanted to say or ask something, and David had long figured out it was best to wait for his father to formulate what he wished to say. So, David tried to eat slowly, savoring the treat.

"David, are you really okay with my selling this place and possibly buying that other house?"

David smiled. There it was: uncertainty on his father's part. It was a far cry from how Alan usually behaved.

"Yes, Dad, I'm totally certain I'm okay with it. I would have loved to be able to see inside the buildings today, but I think I can see some of the attraction of that place for you. You will be marrying Rose, and she wants a place to claim as her own. She'll never be able to do that here. You are starting the next phase of your life, Dad. You need to do what you have to do for that to work. 'Happy wife, happy life', right? 'If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy'. And from everything I see and hear, you make Momma happy." David twisted his lips in a knowing smirk as Alan blushed slightly.

"Just like you make Magpie happy?"

"We're still very new into our relationship, Dad. We both know this." David snorted, then added, "We've not had an argument, yet. Not that I go around looking for things to differ from her about. Part of this is due to my being home only every other weekend. I do wish to thank you for allowing us to share the big bed while I am home, though. It makes it tougher to be away at school, but coming home is so very nice. I can't tell you how much this helps," as he held up his right hand and twisted the friendship ring around its finger.

Alan smiled in remembrance of the giving of those rings. "Ah, that reminds me. I wanted to tell you and your brother that when the time comes, both sets of your grandparents' rings are in a safe deposit box. Are you okay with having whichever set Tom doesn't select? We both know that time is approaching for him and Jules, right?"

"Right you are, Dad. Yes, I'm happy to let him choose whichever set first. I think both girls might be a bit disappointed, given the rose gold set you purchased for Momma. I would not be able to offer Mom's rings to anyone, though. That would not be right in my mind."

"Nor in mine, son. Nor in mine."

= = =

Eventually, Katie got to the point of yawning mightily. The evening had taken a lot out of her and it was beginning to show.

"Come on, Kat," Maggie stated. "Let's get you tucked into bed so you can get a good night's sleep. Nodding her head, Katie tried to stand but sat back down quickly. Maggie pulled on Katie's hands and got her standing, albeit totally wrapped around Maggie as she strove to maintain their balance. Rose stood up, gently turned Katie, and pulled the younger lady into her embrace. No more words were used, but a soft kiss on Katie's temple and a stroke of the hair by Rose, and Katie was being led by the hand up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, Maggie gave Katie a very slight push towards David's room.

"I'll get your stuff out of my room and into that one. Go on, make yourself comfy."

Katie entered the room and inhaled. She was tingling all over. This was David's room, and it was to be hers for the night! She turned on the light, and yes, this was his room. Obviously decorated for a boy, but that was a very nice‑looking wide bed there. She sat on the edge, just soaking in the atmosphere. Maggie soon appeared with Katie's clothes, which were hung in the closet on the other side of the bed. Then Maggie explained where the towels and washcloths were in the shared bathroom.

"I know it's a little early; it's only 8:30. But you look frazzled, 'Sister'. Get some rest. Things will look much better in the morning light. Do you drink coffee?"

Katie made a face and said, "Yuck! No, I don't do coffee. Is there orange or apple juice?"

"I'll be sure to thaw out some OJ for the morning, Kat. Are you okay otherwise for now?"

"For now, yeah, I think I'm good." Katie yawned again. "But that bed looks really nice." Maggie smiled broadly.

"Yeah, it's pretty comfortable, and I'm sure in your current state, you'll never notice the pea between the mattress and box spring." Maggie pulled Katie in for one last hug and cheek kiss and said goodnight. Just before Maggie closed the door, she heard Katie say, "Goodnight, 'Sister'." Katie dressed for bed and was quickly enveloped by the fragrance of the detergent the Harrisons used, and was asleep within five minutes.

= = =

"Say, Tom, could we clear some space to dance again tonight?" John asked, totally shocking Dawn, Julie, and Tom with his request.

"I don't see why not. Certainly!"

"And I'd like to request a little different music, if I may? Some 'Big Band' music from the 1930s and '40s, please?"

"Where have you ever listened to 'Big Band' music, John?" Dawn inquired.

"My mom and dad listen to it occasionally. It always seemed strange to me that it had such easy rhythms and flowed so smoothly, yet I've never seen them dance to it. Or to any music at all, I guess."

"Jules, can you find a Spotify playlist that will suit John?" Tom requested as he and John began moving some furniture around to create the dance floor.

"Got one right here. 'Big Band Playlist of the '40s.' Gentlemen, take your ladies."

Julie and Dawn quickly snuggled into their man's chest as they slowly swayed and eased around the room and each other. After a couple of songs, instrumentals only, John stopped.

"Julie, could you find another Big Band playlist, maybe one with some vocals?"

"Yeah, sure thing, John."

She found another one and this playlist's selections were quite pleasing to everyone. They had even heard two or three of the songs before. The four of them quietly danced the evening away. This was exactly the cheap entertainment they needed on their college student budgets, even Dawn. All four of them went to bed very contented with how the evening had gone.

= = =

Sunday, February 7

The delicious sensation of his morning erection pressing into her backside roused her from her sleep. She wiggled her hips slightly, encouraging him to further display his ardor for her. Her nipple stiffened between his fingers as his right hand gently squeezed her right breast. She tucked her chin down to her body, exposing her neck and inviting him to excite her more, which he did with great delight.

"Oh, baby, yes, yes, YES!" she exclaimed as he hit just the right spot. The overnight growth of his beard gave a pleasing sensation on her neck as she wiggled her rump even harder against his erection. Clothing on their lower torsos was shed and the predictable resolution to their morning playtime crashed upon them like the waves in 'From Here to Eternity'.

The gentle knock on the door and Julie's voice came, asking the room's occupants not to disturb their landlord, please.

"Okay, Jules," Dawn answered, then returned to appreciating John being in the comfortable Queen‑size bed with her.

Julie returned to her room and closed the door. Tom lay on top of the covers, naked and sporting his own stiff erection. Julie had been maintaining his rigidity for some time before Dawn and John's antics required her to caution them. That she was also stark naked in her own home did not phase her in the least.

"Now, where was I?" she asked, rhetorically, as her hand sought out his cock. "Hmmm, seems to require some additional lubrication." She dribbled a few additional drops of lubricant on his cock, and resumed her ministrations.

"That's it, Tommy. Hold back. See if I get tired... before... you... launch." Her words were magic, and he erupted, just as she had intended. She continued to stroke and caress him until he softened and conked out. Her left hand was well coated with his spend. She looked over at the clock which read 6:15 AM. Julie got up and cleaned off her hand and a bit of her forearm, then returned with a warm, wet washcloth to clean him up. Then she snuggled up to his side, kissed his unresponsive lips, and lay her head on his chest to doze.

= = =

David was up first and put on shorts and a t-shirt before heading downstairs to start the coffee. Maggie had shared with him Katie's dislike for the brew and preference for fruit juice, so while he waited for the coffee to brew, he fixed a pitcher of orange juice. Still having some time to wait, he toasted two bagels and assembled Maggie's mug of coffee, Katie's glass of juice, and two plates with a choice of butter or cream cheese on the tray from the top of the refrigerator. Carefully climbing the stairs, he opened the bedroom door with his foot. A big smile crossed his face as he saw Maggie's nose twitch at the scent of the coffee.

"Would you care for butter or cream cheese or nothing on your bagel, my lady dear?" he asked. She kissed him with her answer and smeared some butter on two of the bagel halves.

"I'll be right back," he promised and stepped down to his bedroom. He knocked on the door and heard a sleepy, "Yeah?"

"It's David, and I've got juice and a toasted bagel. Are you decent and may I enter?"

The door opened to reveal Katie in a very cute pink cotton nightie showing a lot of leg. She backed up and sat on the bed while he set the tray next to her and backed up.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"7:30ish, Katie. We generally head over to church around 9:00. Did Maggie tell you about the bathroom?"

"Yeah, she told me. Thank you for this. Mmmm. Breakfast in bed. A girl could get used to this sort of treatment," she teased.

"Too bad for you but Maggie's got first dibs." David shrugged his shoulders. "I'm so sorry for having to bear such unhappy news, 'Sister'. Oh, and I need the tray to bring Momma and Dad's brews and bagels, please. Maggie's in her bedroom if you'd like to go talk with her some more."

Katie quickly smeared some cream cheese on her bagel halves and removed them and the juice glass from the tray.

"You may now continue your rounds, 'Brother David'," she informed him.

With the empty tray in hand, David backed away and closed the door, then returned to the kitchen. Where he discovered Alan and Rose sitting at the table already and drinking their mugs of coffee. David finished off the pot into his own mug and asked if a second pot was needed. Alan said he thought they could hold out until they got to church.

"So, what's the game plan for today?" David asked, leaning back against the countertop. "Aside from church this morning, that is."

"I had thought about taking Maggie and Katie by the place we're looking at, but maybe that's best put off until there's more certainty with it. We wanted to see it with you this weekend since you were home. We can see it with the girls practically any day," Alan explained. "I sent Pastor John a text last night to prepare him for possible drama today. I need you and Maggie to stick very close to Katie this morning. Everybody wants peace at church on Sunday morning, especially the pastor. We specifically need to avoid any drama with the O'Shea family before or during worship."

David nodded in agreement with Alan's logic. "Sounds sensible to me, Dad. Momma, do you have anything to add?"

Once again, David calling her 'Momma' set Rose's heart a-flutter with joy. Someday, maybe she'd get over that reaction. She thought for a second and shook her head.

"I've nothing else to add, David. This may cause a bit of a strain on your friendship with Larry, though."

"I've considered that, and I'm good with the path we've chosen to follow. If he knew something and did nothing, then he should not be upset that we did what he should have and let Katie know. If he feels our friendship is damaged, that's on him. We'll just have to see what sort of support we need to provide to Katie. Of course, she's quite welcome to stay in my room, Dad. I won't be back until the 19th anyway. And when I do come back, I plan to stay with Maggie, so, yeah... Oh, and Momma, I told Dad this last night so I'll tell you now. I'm good with him selling this place and you two getting a house that is yours and Dad's. It's gotta be tough for you with all the stuff of Mom's influence around here." He stepped forward and kissed her on the forehead then headed back upstairs to his girlfriend and new sister.

= = =

Maggie rode to church with Katie, so David opted to ride with Alan and Rose. David had discussed, quietly, with Maggie about the need to stay close to Katie and to intervene quickly if the O'Sheas were seen. Katie seemed a bit withdrawn once she emerged and dressed for church. She had packed her stuff away and placed it in her Honda, so she would be headed back to her home once the worship was finished.

Rose had met up with Maeve, Mary, and Susan in the Ladies' room before heading into the Fellowship Hall for coffee and donuts. She made the other three leading ladies of the church aware of the potential for drama as tactfully as she could. They promised to talk about it on Tuesday morning at breakfast, which Rose had missed last week. Rose then asked Mary to talk for a few minutes after worship. Slightly puzzled, Mary agreed to wait at a bench outside the worship center.

Jack Johnson waved Maggie and Katie over and wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders. "These fine ladies were instrumental to our flagship store having its best sales day ever!" he shared with everyone in hearing range. "And all I'm asking from them next Saturday is unprecedented excellence!" He gave each a quick, grandparental buss on the forehead and released them.

"Thanks, Jack," Maggie responded, while Katie echoed with her, "Thank you, Mr. Johnson." Bumping shoulders, the two strode to the beverage center, aware of all the eyes on them, and loving every second of it. It was the pride that Maggie saw in David's eyes at Jack's pronouncement that stirred her the most. She felt a twinge of sorrow that Katie didn't have anyone there looking at her with pride. Then Maggie realized that Rose and Alan were likely doing that precise thing, and she felt better.

The time came for those in the Fellowship Hall to enter the worship space, and David and Maggie made sure to flank Katie the whole way. But like anything else, even the best‑laid plans sometimes go awry. They were just passing the main entryway when a woman's voice called out.

"Katie O'Shea! How was your overnight with Maggie?"

Stopping and turning to face the speaker, Katie said very precisely, "I had a wonderful time last night, Aunt Michelle. Thank you very much for asking." Katie then resumed her march into the worship space beside her new brother and sister. Maggie was whispering, "Not here, not now," into Katie's ear as they led her around to the right side of the worship space.

The open mouths, impossibly wide eyes, and completely ashen complexions on Michelle and Brendan O'Shea's faces were a testament to the shock they felt. Pastor John and his wife, Ruth, were almost immediately at their side and pulling them out of the stream of incoming worshippers. Rose and her friends had been about fifteen feet behind David, Maggie, and Katie, and so were witnesses to the damage control efforts. Rose sighed, as this was a portion of the drama she had been hoping to avoid.

"Ladies, I'll explain in much greater detail on Tuesday morning. For now, please help us surround all of the O'Shea family with support and love," Rose explained. Reaching for Alan's hand, she hurried to catch up with the three younger people.

Brendan and Michelle O'Shea were directed to the left side of the worship area, while the Harrisons and Lawsons sat on the right, as usual. With Alan on the aisle and Rose to his right, then Katie, Maggie, and lastly David, Katie was surrounded and safe. When the time came for the Passing of the Peace, Rose, Katie, and Maggie remained at their seats while Alan and David moved around a little. Maggie noticed the one time when Katie's jaw tightened up, and she followed her line of sight toward Brendan and Michelle.

"Katie, please, this is not the time or place," Maggie whispered.

"You're right, Mags. But things are going to change. I promise you that," Katie replied, equally quietly. She gave one last scathing glare at her aunt and uncle, then turned to greet ... Jack and Maeve Johnson, who were sitting right behind her.

The remainder of the worship service passed without incident, and Katie delayed leaving as long as she could. Ruth and Pastor John gave her big hugs and offered their services and support, for which she gratefully thanked them.

Rose spoke with Mary Henderson about the ramifications of trying to get the house whose loan was in danger of defaulting. Mary assured her that there would not be any fallout if Rose were to independently make contact with the family and their attorney and then work out a plan to buy the place. In fact, that was how she and George had gotten their current house.

Rose got up and collected her family to go home. She had a very big smile now that she had gotten Mary's assurances. Katie was standing next to her car, waiting in the chilly midday air. She rushed into Rose's arms.

"I'm so proud of you, Kathleen Margaret," Rose stated. "You were very brave this morning."

"Thank you, Momma. I have to go talk with them now. If things don't resolve in my favor ..."

"You will always have a home with us," Rose finished.

Katie got into her Honda and slowly exited the church parking lot, turning to head to her aunt and uncle's house.

Inside the Volvo, Rose let everyone know that Katie would be confronting her uncle and aunt and, therefore, might be moving in soon. Maggie looked pleased hearing her mother's words. David gave a small smile and nodded his acceptance. Alan pressed his lips together as he considered this change to the status quo, accepting that it was a matter of when, not if.

A quiet soup and sandwich lunch on the chilly winter day sated their needs, and soon it was time for David to return to school. Maggie wore her coat out to say goodbye to David in private, indicating to Alan and Rose that the leave‑taking might be extended.