Table Talk

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think that should work."

Emmy was feeling a bit nervous but loved her look. "Ok, Cecilia, it's time for you to get lost. I don't want you distracting him when he picks me up."

Cecilia gave Emmy a hug before leaving. Her eyes were a bit teary. "Em, I really hope this guy is the one. You're going to knock his fucking socks off, girl."

Emmy hugged her friend back. "Thanks for your help, Celia. I'll call you tomorrow."

*******

Marc came to pick Emmy up. He stared as she opened the door to her apartment. "Emmy... you look fantastic."

"You don't look so bad yourself." Emmy looked at Marc, who was wearing a dressy windowpane button-down shirt with fine blue striping. His tie was also blue and subtly patterned, and black dress pants completed the look. Emmy came up to him and gave him a long hug. She kissed his cheek, then brushed the bit of lip gloss off with her thumb and said, "Let's go get some food, handsome."

Marc noted the appreciative glances from other diners as they followed the hostess to their booth. He guided Emmy with his hand lightly touching the small of her back. Their server came up. "Would you like to start with something to drink?"

"I'd like a Moscow mule, please," said Emmy.

Mark smiled at her, then looked briefly at the wine list. "I'd like a glass of the Carpineto Chianti Classico."

"Very good. I'll be back with your drinks."

Emmy looked at Marc. "The atmosphere here is really nice. Do you have any food recommendations?"

"I've only had lunch here, but I'm sure that everything is excellent."

"I could get lost in this menu! Oh, I think the Ravioli Quattro Formaggi sounds good." She looked up. "Marc, could we split the beet salad?"

"That sounds good to me. I'm going to have the Tagliatelle alla Bolognese. It's always a challenge not to overeat in a good Italian restaurant."

"Don't I know it! But I've been looking forward to this dinner."

"So have I," said Marc. "Especially since I'm dining with the loveliest woman in the entire restaurant."

Emmy smiled. "That's very sweet of you."

The server brought their drinks and they clinked their glasses.

Marc asked, "What shall we drink to?"

Emmy grinned. "Here's to writing new stories."

Marc chuckled. "Mine or yours?"

"I think 'ours' is more appropriate," said Emmy, her eyes twinkling at him. She felt confident and flirty. Marc kept smiling at her. This was going to be a special evening, she could feel it.

The server brought them a small plate of complimentary Bruschetta, then took their dinner orders.

Marc said, "I'll have another glass of the Chianti when the entrée comes."

Emmy looked at the server. "Will that wine go well with the ravioli?"

He smiled at her. "Yes, a medium bodied red will be an excellent match."

"Marc -- let's just get a bottle then."

He looked at the server. "As the lady says, we'll have a bottle."

Emmy and Marc savored the excellent food. They each shared a bit of their entrees, and admired the rich flavors. Then they agreed to split an order of raspberry gelato for dessert.

When they finished Emmy leaned back and sighed. "That was wonderful. I'm glad we didn't over-order and had room for a bit of dessert."

Marc nodded. "This is the finest meal I've had in a long time." He paused. "Emmy, I know that I told you that you didn't need to wear a killer outfit for me to enjoy your company on a date, but I'm blown away with how nice you look tonight. I feel privileged to have you here with me."

Emmy beamed at him. "It's so nice of you to say that. But please don't presume that our evening is over just yet."

Before Marc could respond their server came with the check. Both Marc and Emmy reached for the tray and then laughed at each other. Emmy said, "I've got this tonight" as she took the tray. She pulled her credit card out and handed the tray back. The server took the tray and went to ring it up.

Marc looked at Emmy, smiling. "I wasn't sure whether or not you had managed to out me."

Emmy's look was sly. "I didn't want to be obvious. It was more fun to keep you wondering."

Mark nodded. "You're such a playful woman. I love that about you."

"Marc -- do you remember when we first saw each other? What day that was?"

Marc thought for a moment. "It was April 15th, tax day, right? When we went to Manic for lunch."

Emmy shook her head. "That was the first day we spoke. But we saw each other before that."

Marc's thoughts flashed back to the day he was writing furiously, and had looked up to see her brilliant eyes staring at him. "Of course, it was two weeks before that when I first saw you at the table."

Emmy nodded. "April first. I never told you that I looked for you in the library again the following week."

Marc winced. "That was the day I couldn't make it. I'm sorry I missed you."

"I couldn't work up the nerve to speak to you the first time, when you were working so hard. Then when I came back and you weren't there, I felt like fate had played the cruelest possible April Fool's trick on me... and that I might never find you again."

Marc was staring at her. "But... you did find me again. And I'm extremely happy that you did."

"I am too. Look into my eyes, Marc. Tell me what you see."

Marc smiled. Looking into Emmy's eyes had become a special pleasure for him. "I see the most charming, funny, smartest woman that I've ever met. As an added bonus, I find her to be quite lovely."

Emmy blushed a bit. She pulled out her phone and unlocked it. "That's very flattering."

The server came back with the check. Emmy added the tip and signed it, then put her card back into her purse. She picked up her phone again.

"It seems that you saw something else that day when you first looked into my eyes." She pulled up a page on her phone and began to read from it. Her eyes were darting between the screen and Marc's face, which now held a puzzled look.

"But the most striking thing about her was her eyes -- they riveted me. Their color held a complex richness, as if thousands of shining emeralds were being tossed about in the blue waters of the bay."

Emmy smiled at Marc, whose mouth was now open with astonishment. "It was a very pleasant surprise for me to read those words. A very pleasant surprise indeed... passiflora." Emmy giggled at Marc's shocked expression.

"You... but... but you paid for dinner!"

Emmy shrugged, still smiling. "It was totally worth it." She leaned forward and ran her fingers lightly over the back of Marc's hand. She spoke softly. "This is my April Fool's trick, Marc Leavitt. I did find you out after all."

Marc looked at her, shaking his head in disbelief. "Emmy, you are a wonder. A true wonder."

"Thank you, kind sir. Now, why don't we go."

"Where do you want to go?"

She had her sly grin again. "I would suggest that we go to your place."

*******

Marc unlocked the door of his vintage brick bungalow and showed Emmy in. She looked around. "This is so charming! Look at all of the wood trim." She stepped into the front room. "Are those the original tiles around the fireplace?"

Marc nodded. "I've been doing a bit of restoration and updating little by little. But the place has most of its original features intact."

"I love it. This is exactly what newer developments are missing, handcrafted features and vintage charm."

"We're in violent agreement about that! Shall I make us some coffee?"

"Do you have decaf?"

"Coming right up. Please make yourself comfortable."

Emmy slipped off her pumps and flexed her feet. Then she browsed Marc's CDs and found a Dave Brubeck album. The urbane jazz was playing as Marc returned with two mugs.

"Oh, you don't prefer house music or hip hop?"

Emmy took the mug of coffee from him. "I was in the mood for something more relaxing." She smirked at him. "I guess that you can tease a bit after all."

"I seem to be learning from one of the best."

Emmy flashed him a grin. Feeling daring, she reached across for a book lying on the coffee table, knowing that Marc could easily see down her dress front at that angle. "Oh, I've been wanting to read this, but the library copy is always checked out. Can you lend it to me?"

Marc's face was flushed. The unexpected sight of Emmy's cleavage enclosed in her sexy blue bra had caught him off balance. He took a deep breath. "Of course, Emmy. I'd be happy to lend it to you."

Emmy put the book back on the table and looked at him. "Marc, why don't you lose your tie and unbutton your collar? You look a bit uncomfortable."

Marc grimaced, then followed her advice.

"Better now?"

"Yes, much. Thanks Emmy."

Emmy sensed his uneasiness even after he unbuttoned. "Marc, I wish you would just relax. I've had a great evening, but I'm in no rush to leave. I feel like we finally have the chance to just spend some time together and be comfortable with each other. Is something... bothering you?"

Marc was faced with the reality of conceding that his feelings for Emmy were stronger than he had admitted to himself. It was time to move past his caution.

He moved closer and put his arm around her. She ran her hand over his other arm, her intense eyes holding his. "Marc, I don't care what has happened to either of us in the past. I only care that you and I are together now."

Marc was emboldened by that. He took her chin and turned her head close to his. Then he kissed her with real passion, all hesitation driven from his mind. She felt his hand, tenderly caressing her breast, then gently squeezing the soft mound. Emmy felt the dampness seeping into her panties. His mouth was close to her ear. "Emmy... you are the best thing that has happened to me. And you look so sexy tonight that it's driving me wild." He reached around her and fumbled at the back of her dress.

Emmy gasped, "There's a hook at the top."

Marc found and released it. Then he pulled her up. "I'm taking you to bed, Emmy."

"Oh, please, Marc, please," she breathed.

He guided her to his bedroom. They kissed again, then he lowered the zipper on Emmy's dress.

"Over my head, Marc."

He took the hem and lifted the fabric up as Emmy raised her arms. The dress dropped to the floor as Marc stared at the wonder of Emmy's body, the blue lace clinging in bold contrast against her smooth pale curves. He ached with desire.

Emmy reached for him and unbuttoned his shirt. Marc flung it to the floor. Then he was holding her again, raining kisses over her face, tracing her ear lobe with his tongue, then sweeping it into the hollow of her neck as Emmy moaned with pleasure. She pressed against his crotch and felt the ridge of his arousal. Marc felt for the clasp of her bra and released her soft mounds from their lacy confines.

Emmy shrugged her bra to the floor and clasped Marc's head to her. His tongue swept slowly around her areola, causing her to shiver with delight. Then he guided her to the bed and lowered her.

"Marc," she gasped, "take off your pants!"

He complied. Then he was on the bed with her, lowering his head to hers. "Oh, Emmy... " He playfully nipped at her lips with his own, then their mouths opened and they melded. Emmy ran a hand through his hair, exploring Marc's tongue with her own as she moaned.

Then he lowered again to her soft breast, flicking the straining nipple with his tongue, gently scraping his teeth over it, then sucking her mound into his mouth. Emmy gasped at the sensations that were sending waves of pleasure through her. Her heat consumed her as she felt Marc's fingers slip under the waistband of her panties. His hand ran softly over the fine hairs of her mound, then he was pulling the lacy fabric down. Emmy raised her hips, breathing hard.

He gently pushed her legs apart, then she felt his warm breath on her vulva. "Marc... oh god!" His tongue ran along the length of her labia, up and down, up and down, then probed into her wet slit. Emmy had both hands on Marc's head, gasping as he thrust into her rippled sheath. He tongued her pussy, lapping up her tangy nectar. Then he moved to her clit, running his tongue around the sides as Emmy tried desperately to move him to the nub itself.

""God Marc... please... stop teasing me... ooohh!"

Marc's tongue found his target now and worked it in a rhythm that had Emmy's legs shaking. Her moans rang in his ears. He pleasured her again and again, then felt her nails dig into his scalp as her hips bucked and she wailed through her climax.

Marc gently kissed her, running his hands along her legs. He felt the small tremors of aftershock rippling through her. At last he moved to her side and pulled her face to his. She tasted the sweet tang of her womanhood as their mouths met. He gazed at her, gently running his fingers over her face. Emmy was still gulping for breath, her heart racing.

"I hope you're not stopping there, mister." She reached for him and felt his straining cock through his boxers, now slick with precum. "These need to come off now."

Marc chuckled and pushed his shorts down, kicking them away. "A bit demanding, are you?"

"Shut up and fuck me."

He rolled over her and rubbed himself along her slickness. "Maybe just a bit of teasing first?"

Emmy groaned and pushed against him. Her hands slid down over his butt and urged him toward the target. Then Marc's head pushed between her engorged lips, slowly sinking deep into her heat. "Ohhh Marc, that feels so good..."

She felt him stretching her, filling her to her core. Marc pulled back as she whimpered, then thrust fully into her as her heels wrapped around his legs. Their bodies began to move in rhythm, both of them breathing hard, grunts of pleasure accompanying their coupling. Emmy gasped, "I want to be on top for a bit." They rolled over and she straddled him. She adjusted herself and ground against him with whimpers of delight.

Marc's fingers played over her breasts, rolling her nipples as her hips ground against his. Her head rolled back and her eyes closed as sensations filled her straining pussy. Her wetness covered Marc's thighs now, making them slick. He pulled her down and their mouths melded, both of them moaning.

Emmy rolled off Marc and lay on her back again. She moved her hands under her thighs and raised them. "Marc... I need it hard... please..."

Her womanly scent filled his nostrils. He again entered her depths as she moaned and he thrust into her again and again. Their bodies were now slapping together, Emmy's heels bouncing off his back. "Yes, Marc, god, yes, yes... unnhh! I'm so close!"

Marc tried desperately to hold back, wanting to ride through her orgasm, then she cried out and he felt her muscles spasm around him. He thrust as deep as he could, his balls tightening, and he grunted as the pulses leapt from his manhood, filling her with his hot liquid. They collapsed in a sweaty heap.

Finally they stilled. Marc's finger gently traced Emmy's jawline as her smoldering eyes fixed his. Her voice was gentle. "I'm glad you've learned when to stop teasing."

Marc chuckled. "Like I said before, I've been taught by the best."

"Marc... I suppose I forgot to mention my IUD."

He laughed. "Well that will save a trip to the pharmacy. I, um, guess I was a bit carried away there."

"Oh I didn't mind." She giggled. "I think that pounding me was fitting payback for me tricking you."

Marc considered the disaster that was his bed, with their shared fluids now soaking into the sheets. "I'd better get out the spare set of sheets."

"I'll help you change them. Then maybe we could shower together?"

He glared at her. "Emmy, I'm taking no responsibility for what happens in the shower. Especially not with a woman as fucking hot as you are."

Emmy giggled. "Maybe I'll even encourage you -- after I tease you a bit first."

They shared another kiss, this time gentle and loving. Emmy felt warm and fulfilled, running her hands slowly over Marc's back and humming contentedly.

*******

Marc retrieved a fluffy sea sponge from the linen closet and was washing Emmy under the warm spray.

"Hey, don't forget about my kitty. You made quite a mess down there."

He eased her legs apart and moved the sponge gently along her pink lips. "I'm not sure that was entirely my fault."

"Mmmm, that feels nice," cooed Emmy. "But I think you're trying to get me all horny again." She reached for his purple glans and stroked two fingers slowly back and forth under the head.

Marc groaned a bit. "And what exactly is it you're trying to do?"

Emmy watched as Marc's shaft slowly expanded and rose. "Do you really have to ask?"

"No." He turned her to the wall and she bent over with her legs apart, bracing against the tile.

"Then stop talking and get busy... please."

"Well... since you said please..." He pushed forward, burying himself deep into her waiting vagina as Emmy threw her head back and gasped.

*******

Marc was drying Emmy off with a fluffy bath sheet. "You weren't kidding about encouraging me, were you?"

Emmy's eyes were shining as she combed her damp hair out with her fingers. "You're quite the tiger with a little bit of encouragement. Rowwrr!" They laughed. He walked her back to the bedroom, their arms wrapped around each other.

"Ohh, this looks so inviting." Emmy climbed into the freshly made bed and stretched out luxuriously on the crisp sheet. The warm shower activity had made her drowsy. Two candles on the dresser flickered as Marc turned out the overhead light, slid into the bed and pulled her against him.

"Marc... I'm sorry. So sleepy. I think you wore me out."

"It's all right. There will be plenty of time for us now."

"Mmm-hmm. Do you get morning wood, baby?"

"Did you just call me 'baby'?" The warm breath from his soft chuckle tickled her cheek as she lay against him. "I'm a healthy guy, so yes, I do."

"Then I'll make it up to you in the morning."

Marc turned her face toward his and gave her a soft kiss. "Emmy?" He whispered.

She opened her sleepy eyes to look at him in the flickering light, smiling.

"Yes Marc?"

"I really love your eyes."

Emmy smiled and snuggled into him again as his arm wrapped around her. "I know you do, baby."

He reached down and pulled the blanket over them.

*******

Epilogue - Eleven months later

Emmy's brush moved in rhythm up and down the wall surface. They were painting the upstairs hallway of the bungalow. The wood trim was masked so they wouldn't get paint on it. She stopped and stepped back. "Marc? I really thought this would turn out a shade darker."

Marc came over from where he had been working on the adjoining wall. "It will dry down a bit. Look at that area we did first, it's mostly dry and it's already darker. I think it looks great."

Emmy considered. "Well, maybe you're right."

"You just need to give it a chance, Em. We can live with it for a few days and then decide. Then we'll only have the guest bedroom to paint." He put his roller into the tray and wrapped his arms around her waist. Emmy leaned her head back and kissed him.

She smiled into his eyes. "Hey, do you remember what today is?"

"Of course I do. I already put my special rub on the slab of ribs and they're wrapped up in the fridge. I'll run out later for some of those baby potatoes you like. Maybe I'll even get some raspberry gelato."

Emmy laughed. She got a wicked gleam in her eyes, then flicked her brush along the back of Marc's hand. Marc looked down at the streaks of paint.

"Are you going to prank me every year now?" But he was smiling.

"Of course. You have to put in the effort, baby."

Marc laughed. He turned her head toward him and kissed her again. "That's ok. You can wash it off me later, you minx -- in the shower."

Emmy turned and draped her arms around his neck. "I promise."