Tablet Master Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aven flopped on his back, staring at the blossoming branches above for a moment.

"How long have we known each other?" she said.

"We just met," he said.

"How?"

"You were already in the cell next to mine and then you handed me the key. You said the guards would come to rape you and when they did, I'd have the opportunity to distract them while you kill them." Aven sat. "Turns out I killed them both."

"Technically I killed one of them, but yeah, you did great."

"Why can't you remember all this?"

"There is a malevolent spirit in a figurine I got from an old ruin," she said. "It takes over me when it feels like it, sometimes for a few hours, sometimes days."

"Where is that figurine?"

"Last I know, Shadyss crushed the figurine, but then the spirit took over and here we are. I have no idea how long ago this was. What's your story?"

"I came back to meet with my father, Salks, and found him on his death bed," he said. "He had a Tablet and I accidentally conjured Mia out of it. I made her save him... I should never have done that, and then tried to move on with my life, discovering how amazing Mia was, but Valsheen came along. He paid a wizard to control me with magic so he could get his hands on the Tablet. The wizard raped me, but Mia attacked him just in time before vanishing back into the Tablet. I confronted my father, he kicked my ass, I waited ten days until Mia finally showed up to kill my father but vanished once again before she could finish the job and then of course, I didn't have enough guts to finish him myself, so he took a healing potion and then I assume, found you and the Tablet, stole it from you and then returned home where he found me and had me sent to jail."

"Looks like we both want the same thing now," she said.

Aven nodded. "We'd have to trust each other with the Tablets once we get them back," he said. "If that figurine was crushed, does this mean this was the last time the spirit could possess you?"

"I certainly hope so."

"What should I do if you ever change again?"

"Run?" she smirked.

"That's very reassuring," he said.

"Where do you think we should start?" she said.

"We're fugitives in Lankmar. My father has one Tablet, possibly two. You got Mia's Tablet from Valsheen's corpse, however that happened, so yay... Valsheen is dead... but then Salks took the Tablets from you, although I only saw one in his hands. He has the guards and magistrate in his pocket and he's probably going to summon Mia and Shadyss as soon as he can to let all these horrible people rape and torture them and then kill them, over and over..." Aven sighed. "It's bad... but it's a good thing at the same time. It means he won't keep them at his side for protection, so we won't have to fight them."

"All we need to do is find Salks and kill him," she said. "Easy! We sneak back in the city, sneak into his home and kill him while he sleeps."

"Easier said then done," Aven said. "Isn't it a bit... evil? I mean, killing him while he sleeps?"

"You can wake him up if you prefer," she said.

"If you can get us all the way to his manor, I know my way in, and we can steal the Tablets from him."

"Sounds like a plan," she said, standing up. "Let's go then, we have to circle around the city to enter from the other side. If you don't slow us down too much, we can make it by nightfall."

The plan was simple and its execution a lot simpler than he'd anticipated. Wasp led him back into the city before nightfall and they made it to the manor without problems.

Salks was not there and most of the little belongings he had left were gone.

Aven flopped on a chair in the dining room after they had searched the entire manor. "He's gone," he said, sighing heavily. "I'll never get Mia back."

"You really have no idea where he might have gone?"

"He could be anywhere," Aven said. "I bet he already sold this manor, which means I'm broke, I have nowhere to go, and I have absolutely nothing."

"We're no quitters," Wasp said. "I want Shadyss back and you want Mia back. Let's team up and we'll find them. We find a nice hiding spot in this manor, somewhere he wouldn't surprise us. We keep a very low profile and stay until someone comes to kick us out, with luck Salks will return. Meanwhile, you try and figure out where he is, make money if you can, and I'll take care of putting food on the table."

"Sounds like the life of a thief," he said.

"Well... if that's what we have to become to survive and to get our friends back, then this is what we are now; Thieves."

"Fuck it!" Aven stood up and nodded. "Let's do this!"

They slept in different rooms that first night, assuming no one would come to the manor so soon.

The next day Wasp gathered enough food to last them a week while Aven created a small hiding place between the walls in one of his secret places from when he was a kid.

The manor offered a series of secret passages within its walls. They had a way in an out of the manor through and they could even light a candle no one would see its light, unless they were to open one of many holes made to spy in different rooms.

They sat face to face in the narrow hiding place and ate quietly that evening.

"Salks knows about these passages," Aven said, whispering, "but I doubt he'd search these walls right away if he came back."

"Why are you whispering?"

"Practice," he whispered. "We may not know when someone comes in and I want to make sure we'll be the one to have the drop on them and not the other way around."

"Good call," she whispered even lower. "Since we have enough food for a while, I'll try and make us some gold tomorrow."

"How did you get so much food so fast anyways?" Aven asked.

"I didn't tell you, although I thought it was pretty obvious," she said with a grin. "I'm actually a thief, and maybe an assassin even, although I never had any real contact that I can remember doing. I did get a contract once, but I think I was possessed when I did it. The target was dead, that's for sure, and I got the money, but I don't remember doing it, or how. Is this going to be a problem?"

"No, no," Aven said. "It would have been... a few days ago, but not anymore. I will do what must be done to survive as long as it doesn't involve hurting or killing innocent people."

"Where does stealing food from a farmer stands in your moral balance?"

"It's wrong, but if I'm starving, I will do it," he said.

"What if what you steal is the only food he had left?"

"If he's selling it at the market, then it's not the only food he has left."

"Good point," Wasp chuckled. "I think we're good then. Good night."

Wasp blew the candle out and laid down to sleep.

Aven stared into the darkness. Pondering about what they had just discussed while listening to her breathing. He thought about the first time Mia appeared before him, he couldn't stop staring as her black fur breast under her bright blue bikini top.

'I should have let her kill him,' he thought, remembering how much Mia wanted to kill Salks instead of healing him that day.

"This is all my fault," he muttered softly, looking up as though he was praying. "I'm sorry I failed you Mia. I promised I would never let Salks be your master ever again. I will free you once more and this time, I will let you kill him."

He laid down, sighing deeply.

His mind kept him awake for a long time and the cold didn't help. Without any of the fireplace burning in the manor at this time of year, one blanket wasn't enough. He thought of going out to fetch one, but a candlelight at night would most likely attract someone's attention.

He heard Wasp's teeth clacking slightly, but she didn't answer when he whispered her name, twice.

Aven covered her with his blanket. He sat into a ball against the wall and wrapped his arms around his frame to keep him warm.

He woke up with the two blankets. It was pitch black between the walls, even during the day. He patted the floor to find the candle and the tinder box.

Wasp wasn't there.

He gathered a few more blankets and then ate some bread and cheese before discretely fetching some water in the yard.

Luckily for him, his father had left behind a lot of stuff, although none with much value. Many outfits, shoes, hats, and most necessary things to get clean and to shave.

It had been over ten years Aven hadn't shaved his beard, but he knew this was the best disguise to avoid being recognised. He also shaved each side of his head to leave a single line of short hair on top from his forehead to the back of his neck.

His disguise was simple, but very effective. His bearded face was plastered all over the city and even he wouldn't recognise himself without the beard.

He hung around in public places during the day, listening to other noble's conversations, joining them sometimes as well, inquiring about Salks when he felt appropriate. He went to a few inns before ending the day in taverns and brothels.

Many had lots of things to say about Salks, but no one knew where he was, most said he was in his manor, but Aven knew he wasn't.

Aven circled around the manor discretely to see if anyone was there, but it looked empty. He sneaked back to their hiding spot to find Wasp sitting and eating quietly.

"How was your day," she asked.

"Nothing," he said.

Wasp gaped as she lifted her head to look at him sit.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I know right... I'm a totally different man without my beard."

"Totally different?" she said, leaning forward to grab his face with both hands. "You already looked young with that beard and now you look like a boy."

She rubbed and petted his cheek for a moment, her eyes big like a child discovering a toy for the first time. He let her.

"I never asked," she said leaning back after a moment. "How old are you?"

"I'm nineteen."

"Wow!" she smiled and shook her head for a moment before taking a bite of beef jerky. "I'm thirty-five by the way."

"Damn girl," he said, "you barely look eighteen."

"I know. I think it's because my grand-grandfather was an elf."

"Whatever it is," Aven said, unable to hold back this time. "You are very beautiful."

She smiled. "You are handsome too," she said.

His heart skipped a beat and his mind went AWOL, filling his thoughts with lewd scenarios.

"I'm really not into men with beards," she said, feeding more hope to his fantasy. "It made you look stronger though, and maybe a little more intimidating."

Aven gawped, his train of thought shattered.

"Don't take it the wrong way," she said. "I'm sure you can still be very intimidating if you want to."

He blinked a few times, debating if this was truly a compliment.

"Oh, and thanks for the blanket," she said, leaning to plant a kiss on his cheek. "You're a true gentleman."

He inhaled deeply and smiled. "You're welcome. How was your day?"

"I got my hands on a heavy pouch full of gold, but another thief spotted me and threatened to tell the guards, so I had to give him most of it. I still got about fifty coins. I took an opportunity to grab a fancy gold necklace," she placed the necklace in front of him, "so you can try and sell it tomorrow. I think it's worth about two hundred, so if you get half that it would be great."

Aven examined the necklace. "Yeah, I think I can get at least a hundred."

The night was particularly cold, and two blankets was barely enough for him.

"Are you cold," he asked, whispering.

He was ready to give her one of his again, but she squeezed next to him instead, cuddling and adding their blankets together.

He wrapped his arms around her, and the cocoon of blanket felt like he was in an oven all the sudden.

"Don't get any idea," she said, as though she had read his mind.

He moved his hips away so she wouldn't feel his manhood grow into her back. She didn't smell like sewer anymore, on the contrary, she wore the sweet smell of lavender. He inhaled deeply, flaring his fantasies like gasoline into fire.

Her breathing slowed and he felt a few spasms in her arm after a moment. She was asleep, or so he thought. It took him a long time to smother his desire so that he too, could drift into slumber, but as his mind finally began shutting down, she pushed his hand gently down to her fold.

She pressed into his fingers, in turn pressing against the fabric of her pants between her legs and moaned softly.

"I thought you didn't want me to get any ideas," he said, suddenly wide awake.

"I wanted to make sure," she said, pushing her hips back against his hardened shaft. "I needed to know you weren't like most men. I wanted to know you can control your impulses and respect my wishes."

"Does this mean I passed with flying colors?"

She laughed. "Yes, yes it does."

Aven rubbed between her legs for a moment, her hand reaching around her frame to fondle his balls and his hard shaft from atop his pants.

He kissed her neck with lust, and she turned to offer her mouth. Their lips merged as their tongues danced feverishly. Their hands were gradually undressing each other while they kissed passionately. Their heartbeats increased and the heat intensified.

As his fingers slid up her thigh and tummy, feeling her delicate soft skin, Aven couldn't help but envision Mia's soft fur as his mind replaced Wasp's face with Mia's.

Mia was all he could think about.

He pushed his dick inside her and moaned.

She moaned too.

He buried his face into her neck, planting kisses as he thrusted slowly and deeply.

She clung at him, moaning as she bit her lips sealed to contain her sound, her hips bucking against his thrust.

He reached under her ass, pulling her tight against him, his mind imagining how Mia's tail would feel as his brain made him feel her fur brushing through his fingers.

He bucked hard and moaned, his body shuddered, and his dick throbbed as it poured his heart and soul inside her.

She held him tight, her legs wrapped around his hips, grinding and bucking at him some more as she too, cried loudly for a moment.

He stared at the almost invisible silhouette of her, unable to see her in the dark while his mind showed a clear picture of Mia's adorable little snout.

She pushed him off gently, cuddled closely with one leg and one arm hooked over him, still panting as he too, cooled down for a long moment.

He held her tight against him, staring into the darkness, feeling her warm breath into his neck.

"Good night Aven," she whispered.

"Good night Wasp'" he said, making sure he said the right name. 'Good night Mia,' he prayed in his mind, tears forming into his eyes as the reflection of all this began fostering shame into his heart.

"What's wrong," Wasp said calmly.

Aven took a deep breath. "I'm sorry Wasp," he said. "I kept thinking about Mia."

She laughed. "It's okay. I kept thinking about Shadyss."

"So, you're not disappointed?"

"Not at all," she said, giving his penis a gentle squeeze. "You satisfied me."

"I mean-"

She shushed him with a kiss. "Don't overthink it. I like you and I trust you. We're friends... with benefit. You can imagine anyone you want when we have sex and I'm sure I'm hoping as much as you are, that one day we might actually do it again with the object of our true desire... and maybe all together. Let's sleep now."

His heart felt light again, and his imagination sent him into a very long period of insomnia.

The sound of a dozen people yanked him out of a lascivious dream. Wasp pressed her hand on his mouth and shushed him. Their hiding place was lit from the peeping hole Wasp had open to see what was going on.

Aven moved to another hole to look.

The magistrate was ordering servants as they brought new furniture into the house. It didn't take long before Aven knew what was going on.

Salks had sold the manor to the magistrate, who gave it to one of his daughters for her wedding. They were to get married tomorrow, and everyone had to hurry so the house would be ready in time for them to consummate their marriage in their new home, as tradition obliged.

This also meant Salks wasn't coming back.

They hid within the walls all day long, listening to people talk, watching them through the multiple peeping holes, hoping to hear about Salks.

They spied on the newly weds and took great joy in it. Their secret life was a thrill and their complicity grew every day. No one knew they were there, and no one even heard them moan and cry when they had sex, almost every night. They even made it a daring game to not make sound as they pushed each other to the limits at the risk of being discovered.

Wasp continued to provide food and jewelry Aven would later sell for gold, and she also gave him basic lessons in sword fighting. She was quite the expert with two short blades in her hands and Aven needed some pointers on how to use them properly even though he did it right when they escaped from jail.

Aven continued to visit all the places he could, even paid to attend more private events so he could meddle with the nobles, but no one knew where Salks had gone. Aven even had a long discussion with the magistrate, who never saw through his ruse, and the man had no idea where Salks was until finally, the news came out.

It wasn't about Salks, but her name was on everyone's lips, every noble, every guards, and every citizen of the middle to higher class. Her face was even plastered all over the city; Shadyss, the new champion of Praxion's gladiator Arena.

After almost a year, they finally had a lead.

"There is no mention of Mia, but she has to be there too," Aven said, swirling with Wasp in his arms before kissing her passionately.

"We have to go to Praxion," Wasp said, glowing and smiling. "How much do we have?"

"Barely enough to buy rations for the week," he said. "I had to spend most of our gold to attend those boring events."

"Praxion's a week away if we walk," she said. "If I steal us two horses or a chariot, we could be there in two."

"This is a big risk," Aven said. "Maybe we should walk. We'll find food along the way, beg some farmers if we have to."

"It would be safer, but I can't wait to get there," she said.

"What if I borrowed the magistrate's chariot," he said as the idea popped in his mind, "or even better... what if I get him to go and bring us to Praxion?"

"Sounds like a plan," she said. "I'll have a look around for a pair of horses I could steal, and you work on the magistrate to double our chances. If you fail, I'll steals the horses."

Aven grabbed her face and kissed her energetically before they went their separate ways.

He was already acquainted with the magistrate under his friend's name; Beraum. All good lies needed a strong foundation of truth and he knew his pseudonym enough to sell his lies to anyone.

The discussion was brief and a lot easier than he'd expected. The magistrate had already planned on going at the end of the month, after receiving an invitation from Salks, who has Aven assumed, was the owner of the new champion gladiator, and Aven barely had to insist to get invited on that trip.

"I can't believe we're on our way to find Shadyss," Wasp said, showering Aven with kisses the next day. "You're awesome!"

"Not as awesome as you," he said, giving her firm ass a squeeze. "You kept us fed all this time while all I did was chit chatting and attending parties and events." He scoffed. "If I'd known the information would hit us like that, I'd have spent my time making more money and taking better care of you this whole time."

"We had no way to know dummy. You still took care of me like a true gentleman."

"But I should have treated you like a princess," he said, planting a kiss on her lips. "We should have lived in a manor with servants, hot food and a warm bath every day."