All Comments on 'Tabula Rasa'

by JukeboxEMCSA

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Endings

This is why I don't read your stories any more. Not because of their quality - excellent prose, excellent narrative, hook, characters, all of it. You're a great writer. But because you only ever do one-offs, or almost only.

What I *want* is for this to have a happy ending, where she is able to tap into an untouched part of her mind and get her life back, her memory, her family and friends. A struggle, but one she overcomes. But I think this might have the worst ending.

I worry that this story has a bad ending, where she never really regains her memories, and everyone who knew her mourns her, and she grows old and dies having forever lost her identity. But that wouldn't be the worst ending.

I feel a worse ending would be where they do make progress, and they're about to get her back - but the doctor, who is "safe", breaks out, and deletes all resistance, all who would oppose him, and then goes on to ruin more lives, while ruining Tabby all over again. But even that's not the worst ending.

No, because of how you write, Jukebox, and while I have no evidence, I suspect it may be because of *why* you write... The worst ending, that I think this story will have, is no ending at all. This is all it will ever be.

So I'm going to go back to not reading your stories. No offence intended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I saw the other comment and just wanted to say you’re the best

I love your one shots. I like that sometimes the main character escapes and sometimes they don’t. You’re the only author I can find to read on here.

HomomorphismHomomorphismover 3 years ago

That Anon comment is hilarious cuz they’re def coming back lmfao. Awesome job as always!! Keep it up!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous