Taking Care of a Sweet Neighbor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a bit, I got up to get her some water and her medication, then cleared off the food that we did not eat and cleaned up. I walked with her up to her bed, helped her get undressed and into her nightgown, then tucked her into bed. I kissed her softly as I got ready to leave.

"Pete, thank you for loving me. In this short time, it has been wonderful being able to feel love and passion again in my life and I will be forever grateful for you."

I kissed her again, shut off the light and headed downstairs. I made sure everything was off that needed to be off, locked her sliding door and headed out the front to go home. I walked in misery, feeling so bad for her and for myself, tears running uncontrollably down my face.

I got home and Mom knew something was wrong as she came running over to me. I hugged her tight and sobbed into her shoulder, telling her what happened with Ms. Julie. Mom poured her and I a glass of bourbon, sitting with me in the living room listening to all that has been going on with Julie and me. She sat there in stunned silence then spoke.

"Under normal circumstances, I cannot say I would ever approve of my young adult son being with a woman that is old enough to be his grandmother, but Ms. Julie is someone that has been incredibly special to me for a long time, Petey. In fact, at one point when her husband was still alive and they were having a bit of a rough patch, I was there to console her through it, and for a short time, we became lovers, too."

I was floored and my mouth hit the floor. "Now listen, that was awhile back and her and I are great friends, so there is no need to be bringing this up again. You are an adult now, soon to be a Marine, far be it for me to pass any judgement on who you love and don't love, which bids me to ask, what about Kari? Does she know about Ms. Julie?"

"Noooo, and I don't plan on telling her the intimate part. She knows I've been working for her and have become good friends but I'm not sharing that with her, besides, we aren't that serious that I need to tell her personal stuff like that, anyway."

"Well, mister, you could have fooled me, I've seen how that girl looks at you when she comes over and I can tell you that she is head over heels in love with you, just you keep that in the back of your mind. I will help you in any way I can with Ms. Julie over the rest of the summer, too. She is probably going to be needing a nurse when she gets bad, so I'll call her doctor and tell him that I will be the one to be assigned to her."

I hugged Mom and thanked her for being so understanding and willing to help Julie, then went up to bed, feeling a little lightheaded from the bourbon and the emotional breakdowns. Sleep found me pretty quickly.

I woke up the next morning to my alarm and I jumped up out of bed so fast I nearly broke my ankle running into the shower. I finished, dressed as quick as I could and headed down to see Julie, after giving Mom a quick hug and kiss.

I got there and rang the bell. Julie answered the door looking like nothing happened, her face lit up with a big smile, very happy to see me. I walked into the house with her and she turned and hugged me very tightly. "Pete, thank you for yesterday. You were here when I really needed you and I appreciate that more than you could know. Today is a new day and while I am feeling good, I want us to go back to normal as long as I can, okay?" She grinned and winked adding, "That means as much lovemaking as we can get in as well, okay?

How could I even think about letting this beautiful woman down? "Julie, I am here for you, to help you around the house and to love you as much as I can." I leaned in and kissed her, and she quickly responded by pulling me into a deeper passionate one, teasing my tongue with hers and making my cock come to life in a heartbeat.

Before we even got started doing anything we gave in to our desires and made love right there in living room. She was heaven wrapped up in a petite sexy mature woman the way she moved with me, our bodies blending in sweet perfect harmony. No would know that there was 40 years difference in our ages as we had become one.

Before we knew it, an hour had passed, and we finally got our clothes back on and got busy doing some yard work. I mowed her grass, while she worked the trimmer around the edges. I would tease her a little every time I went by her with the mower, either reaching out and tickling her, or giving her some ultra-cheesy pick-up line. She just shook her head and laughed at me.

We finished, had some lunch, and then went for a swim, this time neither of us caring to wear swimsuits. We played in the water, splashing, and having a great time, then we would come together and kiss for a bit, enjoying the free feeling of our naked bodies outside. We dried off from the pool and made love several more times that afternoon until it was time for me to go. We held each other in her living room by the door, kissed our goodbyes for the night and I headed home.

This was the way it went for us for the next month, enjoying each other as much as possible. Along the way, she asked me about Kari, and I gave her the full story. Julie cried a little, but she knew that Kari was most likely going to be my wife one day. I know deep down, she wished she could be young again and it would be her.

Then during the second month, Julie started to get really sick. Mom started coming over on a regular basis to help with her. Mom and Kari had a long talk about Julie, and she explained to Kari how I swore to her that I would help Julie this summer, and how it became more of a need when Julie got sick. Thankfully, she left out the part about Julie and I being intimate. I do not think Kari would have ever understood that.

Kari would come over and help Mom with Julie and Julie grew to really love Kari, too. The days were coming to an end and we were preparing for the worst. Julie's Daughters came in town to be with her, too so the house was quite busy at times. I worked my tail off to make sure the house was kept in good order, Kari helped with cooking and Mom tended to Julie when she needed more medication.

I sat with Julie one morning, while everyone else had gone out to get a bite to eat. I helped her sit up and gave her some water. She managed a smile, and I gave her a soft kiss. She put her now frail hand up to my face to touch me so sweetly. I could not help but start to cry.

She shook her head no, whispering for me not to cry. She looked at me in the eye and said in her weak voice, "Pete, promise me something. Ask Kari to marry you before you go into the Marines. Please do that for me. She loves you as much as I do, and I know she will be the best wife you could ask for." Tears flowed harder from me as I nodded and promised her I would. "Thank you for loving me and taking such wonderful care of me," she smiled and squeezed my hand.

Julie died that night, her Daughters by her side along with Mom, Kari, and me. I could not help but lose it. Kari hugged me so tightly outside Julie's room as I sobbed into her hug, her crying right along with me. A few days later, we buried Julie next to her husband after a small service at the cemetery chapel.

Two weeks later, we were called into an attorney's office for the reading of Julie's will. She left her two Daughters an exceptionally large sum of money. You would have never known she had that kind of wealth hidden away because she acted so down to earth, never once acting like some rich snob.

Then came the shock as the attorney finished reading the will. "To Pete Williams, my superhero from the neighborhood, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you did for me and for that I leave you my home, and property and all of its contents to do with as you will. Thank you again."

I left the reading of the will flying on cloud nine and I knew there was something I had yet to do. I had made some arrangements with a jeweler in town and stopped by to pick up the item. I went to local supermarket where Kari was working a summer job. I found her in one of the aisles stocking shelves. "Hey Pete," smiled and came up to me to give me a hug.

I had let her manager in on what I was going to do. She and several of the other employees waited at the end of the aisle. I got down on one knee and reached in my pocket. Kari's eyes got huge and her hands went to her mouth. "Kari Russell, will you be my wife?" Kari started bawling nodding her head yes, jumped into my arms, and wrapped her legs around me, as I stood up, while everyone around us cheered.

I had to leave for the Marines in 3 weeks, so the wedding was planned quickly. We got married in a small ceremony and had a nice reception following. Kari and I spent a couple nights in the city at a nice hotel paid for by you know who, Julie. How she pulled that off, I will never know. I looked up to the sky and whispered, "Promise kept, thank you and I love you."