Taking Care of Everything Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With that we sat and had an enjoyable dinner with a second glass of wine. Once we were finished with our grilled chicken salads, we went ahead and adjourned to the living room. I let her take a seat on the couch first.

"Have a seat, anywhere you would like."

Mary responded by saying, "Ken, it's your house, you sit where you want."

I smiled a wicked smile and said, "One could only wish."

She arched her eyes row at me but smiled.

I took a seat with her sitting on my right, my left 'leg' opposite her reach limiting the opportunity for her to come in contact with my left leg.

We talked about music and the different genres. I tried to educate her; she tried to educate me which I greatly appreciated. There was a purposeful pause on her part.

She turned and looked at me. Now mind you this wasn't just her head turning, her entire body turned, one leg moved, up and under her bum, the other crossed over, her torso her face looking right at me. Her eyes bore holes into mine.

I broke the silence. "Ask and I will tell you what I am comfortable sharing." I took her hand in mine and plainly said, "Now, please understand I will not share everything now but I will share what I am comfortable with."

She looked down at my leg then back to my eyes. She seemed to have frowned when she said, "I ... I'm sorry" her eyes cast down and away. "I don't want to pry but you move with such grace, I really couldn't tell." Her eyes moved back looking at me.

Now, as a side note, no one, and I mean no one, has ever told me I moved with grace. I was moved more than words could describe. I was confused; I didn't know how to react.

I took a deep breath and started.

"I was on a mission in a simple convoy, where we were going to an outpost radio site and Intel site where I was assisting with the upgrade of their network."

I paused. Mary took my hand, "it's okay you don't need to."

I should have listened to her but I continued.

As we headed down the main supply route in a very wide open area, there was a sudden explosion, and everything was a blur from that point, I do not remember much."

"I woke up in the hospital, my leg above my knee was gone, my left side pretty banged up, ribs cracked, broken. My left arm was broken in three places."

I lowered my head, "Two others in my HUMMVEE were killed, another in a wheelchair, I got lucky."

Suddenly, I felt a slight panic, I felt myself starting to perspire. I stood, I was breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Intuition and training took over, which is my downfall. I needed to get some distance, panic was setting in. I grabbed our wine glasses asking if she wanted a refill.

I needed to escape, this was a huge mistake. I moved as quickly as possible out of the living room into the kitchen. I set the glasses down and grabbed at the countertop. It was happening; again. I felt myself getting lightheaded, panicking.

I turned my head, looking over my shoulder, my voice shaking, almost stuttering with a very apologetic message.

"I am sorry this was a mistake. I can't do this to you Mary." My head spinning, I felt dizzy. "I am sorry for wasting your time on someone like me."

I suddenly got a headache, I was seeing stars, flickering dots, my chest aching, my heart racing faster and faster with each moment.

I started to fall. I tried to grab the countertop, I grabbed for anything but missed. As I fell to the floor everything went black.

***

I can honestly say that one of the greatest feelings I have ever enjoyed was that first and perfect kiss. Mary had beauty and a hunger hidden in her kisses.

The room we were in was dark but I could see and feel her kisses on my neck, my right cheek, and my lips. My hands roamed her back and sides then it hit me, she wasn't wearing a bra. Mary's hands were running up my front over my chest and down my back. She would slide her fingers down my back to my waist and then she slid them up my sides.

"Ouch!"

I thought to myself, "What is happening? "Ouch" another sharp pain, there! Another pain, someone was rubbing my chest; hard.

"Ouch damnit. Fuck that hurt." I took a deep breath then screamed "Fucking stop it"

I heard my name repeatedly, "Ken! Then louder, Ken!" I felt a pinch on the back of my hand and tried to pull it back and I blinked, trying to open my eyes.

As the room finally came into focus I saw two strangers looking down on me wearing powder blue shirts, paramedics!

"Fuck not again." I said. I then saw Mary in the background with tears in her eyes.

Fifteen minutes later I signed off on the paperwork saying I didn't need to go to the hospital and then I would be fine. It was just another panic attack. The paramedics had cleaned up the mess they made in the kitchen. Mary helped me back to the couch where we sat down for a minute.

"If you want to let yourself out, I understand, I need a quick shower. I need to freshen up." I said quietly. "I smell."

I stood and walked back to the bedroom, pulling the door closed. I undressed then sat on my bed. I removed my prosthetic, the gel pad and sock, grabbed my crutches and made my way to the shower. After a quick shower, I came out of the bathroom. I put on a pair of underwear and basketball shorts then made my way over to my bed with the use of my crutches.

"Fuck!" I screamed and grabbed my crutches from the bedside and moved back to the dresser where I grabbed a clean shirt. I put it on with the use of my crutches; I slowly made my way out of the bedroom and into the living room. As I walked down the hallway, I saw her sitting on the loveseat with a tissue in her hand and a few crumpled up at her feet.

"Hey!" I said softly, "Listen, I need to apologize."

She interrupted me standing and walking over to me. She wrapped her arms around me whispering. "I am sorry; I didn't mean to cause that."

We separated and I made my way to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. "Can I get you some water?" I asked.

She nodded. "Please, I can help."

"No, I can make it, thank you"

Returning from the kitchen, I worked my way over to her and handed Mary a bottle of water and then made my way to the couch, sitting down. Once I got comfortable I finally spoke.

"Mary, I will be bold and probably stupid for asking this but why are you still here?"

She snapped her head and neck looking at me.

"Certainly, there are normal and more attractive men or women out there whom you would be attracted to and who would be attracted to you?"

The expression on her face was one I had never seen. I would say, shock mixed with frustration and a general attitude of her being pissed off.

"Really!" She stood, "Really!"

She looked at me now with tears in her eyes, "How dare you? How ..." she paused, "Just delete my number."

She gathered up her tissues, went to the kitchen trash, threw them away, came back to the living room, looked at me and repeated, "Just delete my number Ken."

She turned and walked out of my apartment.

Well, I can say at least I got a second date with her. I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

***

I hope you enjoyed chapter 1. There will be more to come with Ken and Mary in the near future.

Thank you,

Aoife

12