Taking Your Shot Ch. 02

Story Info
Natalie has her first day as herself.
8.7k words
4.84
5.3k
11

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 07/11/2023
Created 10/23/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Two: For Natalie

Reminder: if you see ** before text that means I am talking to you the reader and not another character in this story.

**Thank you all so much for reading my story so far. Over 7,000 of you read chapter one since it has been published. When setting out in telling you this story I was unsure how it would be received. The reception is empowering and fueling my creativity for my storytelling.

The written medium is an amazing way to engage one's mind and even their soul. Please feel free to comment and contact me through Literotica. I want to engage with all of my readers!**

I am awakened by the sound of my cell phone ringing. I already attempted to ignore it twice this morning but finally have decided to find out who it was. I pat around my bed trying to place my hand on the phone without luck.

"Aggghh," I moaned as I sat up and looked around the room.

Unable to see my phone I continue to feel around my bed.

"It has to be here somewhere," I exclaim to myself.

The ringing stops momentarily but starts right up again. It has to be Elaina I think to myself.

Now my head is closely hovering over my bed trying to hear where it is coming from. Clearly still tired from the day and night before otherwise this wouldn't take so long.

Finally, I place my hand on my phone after searching under my pillows. Looking at the phone I see "Mom" was the caller. I press the button to answer.

Before even saying hello, I hear my mom on the phone," Good morning sweetie!"

"Hi Mom. How has your trip been so far." I respond sounding rather unenthusiastic.

"Oh, the typical trip with your father," she says. "All he can think about is his work. You know how he is."

"Yeah," is all I can muster for a response.

I take a second to orient myself in my room. I glance in my bureau mirror. My hair is still pulled back in a ponytail, I am still wearing the black tank top, and only the G-string.

"How have things been around the house," Mom asks.

"Pretty uneventful," I say as a smile comes across my face.

"The Ring notification I got last night saying someone was ringing the door would say otherwise," she adds.

I cannot respond at the moment and just stare down at my phone not believing what I had just heard.

"Sweetie? Sweetie? Are you still there" she asks.

A moment or two passes before I hear her continue.

"Sweetheart. I am so happy for you. Was that the Wheeler boy?" she continues.

"Mom?" I question as I hear her speaking.

"What? Do you really think as your mother that I didn't know after all of these years that you kept a secret?" she adds.

"You have known," I ask.

"Of course, sweetheart. You are my child. To be honest, you haven't been all that great about hiding everything." she says. "I just didn't want to force you to talk about it until you were ready."

I stand there stunned by what I am hearing.

"So, was that Reggie Wheeler's son?" she asks.

"Um, yes," I responded, still in disbelief.

"If I was your age again, I would be all over that too," she says.

"Mom!," I say.

"What? We aren't allowed to talk about boys," she adds. "That's what we girls do sweetie. You better get used to it."

"Mom!" I try to say again, stopping her from talking.

"I am so excited for you," she squeals. "He was there quite late as well. You need to tell me the details."

"Mom, I don't know if I can," I responded.

"Sweetheart, I have been waiting for the days we have these conversations for so long," she says.

Still in disbelief I struggle to get any thought into words. She continued to talk but my brain was unable to compute anything she was saying.

I am broken from my thoughts when I hear her ask," Are you still a virgin?"

"Mom!," I say, raising my voice. "Yes, I am still a virgin!"

"That would be a bit much for a first date at your age," she adds.

"It wasn't a date," I responded. "So much happened yesterday that I cannot even put it all in words for myself right now."

"So do you like this boy?" she asks.

"Yes," I say trailing off.

All I hear is a large squeal from the phone. It's so loud that I have to remove the phone from my ear.

"He clearly likes you," she adds. "We will need to talk later but I wanted to talk this morning. I am so excited and happy for you!"

**It is the moments like this that I am so happy for the mother that I have. Growing up, she was absolutely the best mother I could have asked for. Her ability to be so open at this moment only cemented my already established opinion of her.**

"Yes, can we please talk later," I say.

"Of course, sweetie," she responds. "I have a surprise or two for you planned for the day. So, you need to get ready."

"Surprises?" I ask. "What surprises?"

"Sweetie, I have been waiting a long time for this," she says. "I already have set you up with an appointment at 11 down at the salon with Claire. She is prepared to give you the "works". Hair, color, mani, and pedi. Whatever you want. It is yours today."

"Mom, I am not ready for all of that," I say.

"She will only do what you ask her to do," she responds. "You need a haircut at the very least."

I take a second to think about what it would be like to be fully pampered as Natalie.

"What will Clair think," I ask.

"Honey, she is my best friend from high school," she says. "She was quite excited when I called and told her today was the day, I needed your appointment."

I am absolutely taken back hearing her say. How long have people known or at the very least questioned it, I think.

"Mom. I just want to say thank you," I say. "You, Nicholas have been so accepting. Even Elaina when I told her before."

"Of course, sweetheart," she responds. "Don't forget your father as he says he will need some time to get used to it but loves you for who you are."

I stand in complete shock hearing that last piece.

"Really," I ask as my voice raises in happiness.

"Yes. In fact, you can use your family debit card to go shopping for anything you need," she adds.

Tears start to build in my eyes as I am overcome with emotion.

"Thank you so much," is all I can say in return.

"Have a great day sweetie. Talk to you later," she says, hanging up the phone.

Tears start flowing from my eyes as I stand in disbelief. Learning that my parents, both of them, are supportive of me comes as a shock. Not because they are supportive but how supportive they are being.

I hear my notification sound from a text message from my phone. Looking down I see Mom sent a text. The text read "Don't forget 11 o'clock. What should we call you?".

My fingers automatically hit N, A, T before I pause for a moment before hitting A, L, I, and E. My thumb hovers over the send button as I think about how Natalie wasn't real yesterday morning. With a deep breath I hit the button.

I immediately see the read notification appear under my text. The phone dings again from another text message that read "I love it!".

Seeing the final text from my mother just starts me crying again. I wipe the tears from my eyes and head to the bathroom to start my day.

Getting ready is quite uneventful. A quick shower, light makeup, and brushing my teeth. Getting back in my bedroom I grab my hidden stash of clothes and start throwing them onto my bed.

"No need to keep all of this a secret anymore," I say out loud.

Rummaging through the strewn about clothes I decide on a white and floral-patterned sundress. I pull the dress over my head and let it sit on my shoulders and fall. The length of the dress stops at the middle of my thighs. Looking down I see the plunging neckline expose my flat chest. A feeling of disappointment flutters into my mind.

I shake my head to keep myself focused. I shuffle more clothes around on my bed as I look for a pair of white panties. I grab a pair of white lace bikini cut underwear and quickly slide them up my legs.

I take a quick look at myself in the mirror and like what I see. The sundress has some cross material just under the plunging neckline that causes the bottom to flow amazingly. It also gives me the appearance of a shapelier body.

To finish the outfit, I grab a pair of white ankle socks and a pair of white tennis shoes that had been barely worn.

I give myself a twirl in the mirror. I see the fabric of the dress lift as I turn. I give myself a nod as I think how cute I currently look.

I quickly pick up my phone, keys, and my wallet. Walking out the door I cannot help but look at my boring brown leather wallet. Item number one for shopping, purse or pocketbook.

I open the door to my car, a gift from my father earlier in the year for my birthday. The white compact car was cute to look at but otherwise nothing notable.

Without hesitation, I start the vehicle and pull out of the driveway.

**That's right! Natalie is out in public on her own. There is no way this would have happened without Nicholas, my parents, and especially Elaina. She has been the best for so long and the first person to learn of my secret. Well, I told her but that took years for me to build up the courage to do so. Oh shit, I need to call Elaina. I will tell you more about her later**

I start hitting buttons on the phone setting of the car and call Elaina.

The phone barely rings before I hear Elaina say," It's about damn time! I have been so worried."

"Elaina, I am so, so sorry," I responded. "Yesterday just got away from me."

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"I think I am better than okay. In fact, I am the best I have ever been," I say.

"Wait, what," she quickly responds.

"I have some things to tell you." I say before telling Elaina about last night with Nicholas minus the events after we returned to my house and my conversations with my mom earlier.

"So, you are going to the salon right now," she asks.

"Yes, I am almost there actually," I say.

"Are you going as Nathaniel or Natalie," she inquired.

"I am definitely Natalie today," I responded. "I may always be Natalie from now on."

I do not hear anything from Elaina on the phone. Waiting for a response I turned my car into the parking lot of the salon. I see the sign on the building reading "Studio 207" as I pull into a parking spot right near the door.

"Elaina?" I finally ask.

"Sorry, I am crying," she finally says, sounding both happy and crying at the same time.

"You don't need to do that," I tell her. "Stop crying."

"Natalie, the only time I have ever truly seen you happy is when you have been Natalie," she says. "I am so happy for you."

"Aw, thank you," I responded, starting to tear up. "You know I love you."

"I love you too girly," she says with a sniffle.

"I will call you later and we can talk more." I say as I send the call to my phone before stepping out of my car.

"Yes!" is all I hear from Elaina on the phone as I walk to the salon's door.

"I'll call you later," I say as I hang up the phone.

I take a deep breath as I reach out to open the salon door. I slowly pull the door open as I collect myself before entering. I take one more deep breath and step into the salon.

"WOOOO" is all I hear from Clair standing behind the counter. I take a quick second to take in my surroundings. The floors are a white tile, the walls covered with black, white and gold accents and décor, and an accent brick wall the length of the wall where the stations are.

"Look at you!" Clair exclaims coming from around the counter.

Clair, as always, is looking perfect. A short, edgy blonde hair style, tight black skirt that hugs her hips perfectly, a loose white top that does nothing to hide her large breasts, three-inch heels, and gold jewelry around her neck, wrists, and on multiple fingers.

"Welcome to Studio 207 Natalie," Clair says as she throws her arms out to display the salon.

"Hi Clair," I say rather meekly.

Without hesitation Clair gives me a hug. As she lets me go, she grabs my arm and gives me a quick spin.

"Cute dress," she says. "Perfect for a summer day like today."

"Thank you," is all I can say in response.

"Honey, you missed those on those shoes," she says wrinkling her nose.

I struggle to think what to say.

"Here's the deal sweetie, "Clair starts saying. "I am going to sit you down at a station and let you look through a couple of books for a hairstyle. I want to know the style and color. We will get your hair styled. Then we will start with the color. While that is happening, we will get your manicure and pedicure going."

I stand dumbfounded listening to her speak. I silently follow her to the station that she motions to me to sit at. I see on the counter three books of hairstyles already laid out.

"Look through these and I will be back," Clair says, turning away.

"Clair," I quickly responded. "I know what I want already."

Clair slowly turns around and looks at me with excitement.

"Let's have it sweetie," she commands.

I take a deep breath, hold it for a second, and then say," Above the shoulder layered bob with a side part and platinum blonde."

"Done," is all Clair says before grabbing her equipment from the workstation.

Clair immediately starts combing out and checking over my hair. She remained quiet while she focused on her work. I am used to Clair being over the top chatty and loud. Seeing her at work and the focus she has for her craft is not how I envisioned her.

Over the next few hours Clair whisks me around the salon showing me how fun it is "to be a woman" as she put it. Clair and I chat about her and my mother's college days, the new trendy fashion styles of the summer, and only a little bit about Natalie which I appreciate.

At the end, I am standing in front of a full-length gold rimmed mirror. My hair trimmed from its original length into a tapered layered bob, the blonde perfectly colored to the style, and my fingers, now acrylic, and toenails painted a neutral nude type of color.

"Give me your phone," Clair says standing behind me.

"What? Why," I ask hesitantly.

"Sweetheart, your mother is going to want to see you," she says. "Let me take the picture and you can send it to her."

I set my phone to the camera setting and hand it to Clair. I give a quick spin, stop, and look over my shoulder smiling at Clair as she takes the photo.

"Honey, you were born for this," Clair says, handing me back my phone.

I quickly look at the photo and see a super cute teenage girl. I see Natalie. I see me. I feel my future.

Clair walks me to the front counter as I continue to look at the phone she had taken. Standing at the front counter look at Clair who takes her spot behind the cash register.

"What do I owe you," I ask.

"Absolutely nothing," she responds. "Your money's no good in my salon. Come back any time."

"Clair..," I start pleading.

"Natalie. Your mother is my sister, my family," she states. "You are my niece, my family."

I feel the tears starting again.

"There will be none of that in my store," Clair says, handing me a tissue.

I take the tissue and gently pat under my eyes to absorb the one tear that started flowing.

"Go have fun," Clair says. "Today is a new adventure. Enjoy it."

I thank Clair and give her a hug before exiting the salon. Walking to my car I feel a new level of confidence. The hair and nails completing Natalie's look takes me from a "passable" crossdresser to a female teenager.

I take a moment sitting in my car to look at the photo one more time. Clicking on the photo I hit the share button, look for my mother's name, and hit send.

I impatiently wait to see when the text of the photo is read. After only 30 seconds I start going through other missed texts. I was so caught up in the salon experience I never checked my phone once.

I see missed text messages from Elaina and Nicholas. I skip right to Nicholas' texts and read:

"Hey Natalie", "Are you available later tonight?", "I have another hockey practice from 6 to 8 tonight", and "I want to see you tonight"

Butterflies fill my stomach. I start to type a response before I delete the letters. My thumb moves up to the phone button. I press the button and the phone starts calling Nicholas.

"Hey there!" I hear Nicholas say.

I can almost feel his happiness in his voice.

"Hi," is all I say in response.

"I wasn't expecting a call," he responds. "But I appreciate it. I want to hear your voice."

"Sorry for the delay," I say. "How was practice this morning?"

"Brutal. I was quite tired to start," he says.

"Waking up was hard for me too," I say thinking about how much of a daze I was in earlier.

"I got through it. I have another practice later tonight," he states. "Can I see you afterwards?"

"I would like that,"I say smiling to myself.

"Great! The practice is at the ice arena across town. Can I call you afterwards," he asks.

"Yes!," I exclaim.

"I will talk to you then," he says. "I really need to take a nap before my practice. I will see you later."

"Looking forward to it," I responded.

Hearing his phone disconnect I check my text messages from Elaina. She is looking for updates on my salon visit. Rather than send her the picture I text "meet me at Starbucks in 15?".

I sit in the parking lot waiting for a response from Elaina. I close my eyes briefly and think about Nicholas picking me up into his truck. I want nothing more than to feel Nicholas' touch right now.

My phone notifies me of a text message. Glancing down I see it is from Mom.

The text message says "Awww. You look great sweetie. I love that sundress on you."

I cannot help but smile. The phone shows that my mother was still typing.

Another text appears "Your dad thinks you look great too!"

My heart sinks for a moment reading the message. This cannot be easy on my father I think.

**Growing up my dad really wanted a man's boy if I am being honest. I always felt loved and he never treated me poorly but for years he tried to get me into sports. Football, Baseball, Soccer, and anything else you can think of he probably gave it a try with me. He loves me, I know this.**

I can only wonder what is going through his mind at this time. His son, Nathaniel, wants to be a woman. At the same time, clearly Mom has known about me for some time. Does that mean he has known all of this time as well I ask myself.

"Of course," I say to myself. "If Clair knows, why wouldn't Dad."

I cannot help but feel a level of disappointment for my father as I think about it. Even with his support, this must still be hard for him.

I start clicking letters on my phone and send the following response texts: "Thank you", "Tell Dad I love him!", and "I am so happy right now".

Thinking back I am unable to think of the last time I said "I love you" to my father. As an 18 year old man that just didn't make sense. As Natalie, it seems appropriate.

My phone dings again and I see another message from my mother "He loves you too. We both love you."

The feeling of being loved courses through my body. This cannot be real I think to myself.

I check my phone one last time before heading to the local Starbucks.

Arriving at the Starbucks I pull into the drive-thru lane. Sitting there in line I look at the people walking in the parking lot. It appears as though not a single one of them even cares that I exist. I feel a small increase in confidence in my look.

I look into the rear view mirror and say to myself, "With this haircut, you are all in now."

I move my head around checking out my new stylish platinum blonde bob. The style is clearly feminine and will never look masculine.

The line moves slowly per usual at this location. I ordered a medium caramel macchiato. The barista assisting the window didn't hesitate when seeing me in the car. I quietly pay and thank her for my drink. Driving off I feel further empowered that I had a successful interaction with someone who doesn't know my situation.