Tales from the Goddess War Ch. 05: Matriarch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They can be an alarming folk," Bemere agreed. "But our dismay at their behavior does not make Human actions inevitably evil."

Khivu smiled. "Spoken as a true diplomat. Give me your advice then; were you the matriarch here and now, how would you proceed?"

"Khivu Ataphalis, I do not think you will like my answer," Bemere said, after some thought.

The matriarch smiled. "Ekih taught me that those are the answers I must consider most closely."

"A wise teacher. My advice is to create an alliance with the Humans."

"You were correct, serah; I don't like your answer. Tell me why I would join those that attacked my children?"

"Not Cyannous of course. Humanity cannot be treated as a single thing, any more than your burrow is identical to any other. But I think you would find the Brynjarl Sands very welcoming. They are nearby and their rulers tend toward wisdom. The current prince and princess are friends and I judge they would be delighted to find a new trading partner and friend."

"How would I trust that their wise leadership will continue? As you have explained, Human lives are short, and one may never be sure of their intentions."

"The Brynjarl Sands are a unique example. Our nations have been close allies and friends for nearly a hundred human generations. We have always found them to be honorable allies, and I have counted many of them as trusted friends."

Khivu cocked her head slightly. "Then would you be willing to act as the first messenger between this burrow and Brynjarl Sands?"

"It would be my honor," Bemere said, bowing. "I trust that my queen would agree that this matter is far more important than my earlier tasks."

"I find that I need advice for Humans, and I get a watcher of Humans. Your Green Mother, or our Father Darkness have shown great favor to our burrow in bringing you here."

"Perhaps it is both," Gwyenth said. "I know of no enmity between the Father of Darkness and the Green Mother."

Khivu inclined her head. "This is truth. Pera Sonbro bids that we love the Goddess as She loves all life, whether Understone or in the Lands of the Sky. Tell me, Gwyenth; how would the High fae respond to..."

An hour and a half later, after they had finished their counsel, they rejoined the others in the main chamber. Bemere had worried how well Twyla was dealing with such a novel situation and was relieved to see that she was sitting next to Kaylie and the pair was in an animated conversation with Anniak and Gruni.

Khivu sighed happily as she slipped into the water of the largest pool. Anniak looked up and smiled when she saw Bemere. She stood up, her skirt and bandeau shedding the water and went to retrieve a familiar looking case.

"The rest of your belongings will follow soon, but I thought you might have need for this sooner than the rest," she said, presenting it to Bemere.

"You have my deepest gratitude," Bemere said, taking the box of pegos.

"I made sure everything was completely clean and ordered," Anniak said quietly. "There are some very interesting shapes there. I found myself quite curious how some of them were used."

Despite the time spent with Twyla, the close presence of the matriarch had quickly restored Bemere's need, hotter and more urgent than before. After a glance to make sure her human companion was settled, she smiled at the Aphostic elf.

"I'd be happy to explain if you'd like."

Anniak reached out, running a fingertip over Bemere's arm. "Your self-control is quite extraordinary. As my own fertile time is coming soon, I would be most grateful if you would share any techniques."

"It would be my pleasure," Bemere said, a little thickly. "Is there a spot a little out of the way?"

...

Sitting together on the edge of the pool, Kaylie and Twyla watched as Bemere and Anniak embraced tightly, hands already pulling at each other's clothing. Twyla's nipples hardened as she saw Anniak's thigh press between Bemere's, knowing how wonderful that pressure felt.

"I see that you are not afflicted with some terrible jealousy," Kaylie teased, brushing a finger over the dimple Twyla's hard nipple made in her bandeau.

"Not at all," Twyla chuckled. "Unless you had some plan to distract me."

Kaylie moved closer until their legs and hips were touching as her fingers continued to tease Twyla's nipple. "I'm very accomplished in the arts of distraction."

Twyla began to breathe harder, putting her arm around Kaylie. "I see that, maybe pinch just a little harder?"

"Let's just get this out of the way," Kaylie murmured in her ear, loosening the cloth around Twyla's breasts.

...

"It's heartening to see our guests so enthusiastically taking part," Gruni said to Khivu. "Do you think that you'll have to order my mate to join us?"

Khivu turned to where Donag had settled, back to the wall and facing the door.

"There are a dozen warriors outside of that door," Khivu called. "Come and join us. Here, tonight, your matriarch requests that you remember our old friendship more than the recent changes."

Donag thought for a moment. "Can I pretend to forget?"

"Come to me and you can pretend whatever you like," Khivu said, running her hands down her sides.

Donag came to join them but the woebegone look on his face made Gruni laugh. "This is hardly torture, oh-so-serious one!"

"No, bathing with you two is never torture," he agreed, disrobing. "But you know that I vowed to protect her."

"The closer you are, the more potent your care becomes," Khivu said. "Anyway, we were children when you swore me that."

"The Law has no age, it was a true vow and..." Donag's sonorous voice was cut off as Khivu kissed him, wiggling onto his lap. Four of her legs wrapped around him, pulling them tightly together.

After kissing Donag, Khivu turned to Gruni and pulled her close. "I've been thinking of you both all day," the matriarch said.

...

Anniak guided Bemere down to one of the many piles of pillows scattered around the bathing chamber. Bemere, her lust fully reawakened and growing stronger by the moment, bit her lip to keep from screaming out as Anniak ran her sharp fingernails up Bemere's thigh.

"Your scent is so strong," the Dark elf murmured in her ear. "You've gone too long without relief."

"Your teasing is not helping with that." Bemere groaned as Anniak's deft fingers loosened the sash around her waist.

"Apologies," the Aphostic elf said, the smile on her face giving lie to the sentiment. "This may help."

Bemere gasped as the other woman's fingers traced her lower lips, opening them gently. Her stomach clenched repeatedly in minor orgasms as fingers slid inside of her sex. A much stronger orgasm followed as Anniak found the small gland deep inside.

"Your Seed of Life is over-engorged," Anniak said quietly. "You've had far too much stimulation and not enough relief."

"As I said, a condition that you are not helping," Bemere panted.

Anniak smiled and sat back, tasting the fingers she'd had inside. "I'm sure you'd agree that an accurate diagnosis must be made before treatment. Yes, I can taste the humor in your wetness."

Bemere sat up slightly to see Anniak opening the pego case. She selected one of the longer phalli and looked down at Bemere.

"In all seriousness, emptying it all at once will be...intense," Anniak said. "Are you ready?"

"My moans and wet cunt haven't given it away?"

Anniak kissed Bemere's lips lightly and pressed the head of the pego between Bemere's lips. The orgasms were stronger this time, her sex finally having something to squeeze. The curve of the pego slid a little deeper and Bemere shuddered as it brushed over her Seed of Life, releasing more of the lust humor into her blood.

"There we are," Anniak said to herself.

A moment later, there was an agonizing pleasure-pain as the other elf firmly pressed the pego against the gland. Bemere's body went rigid and she groaned deeply. After several seconds she fell back against the cushions, eyes opening.

"That is a huge relief," she panted. "You have my thanks...."

Bemere's eyes went wide as the flood of lustful humors surged into her mind. Anniak smiled down at her.

"Yes, it will take some time for the effects of all that ichor to dissipate."

Bemere grabbed Anniak's hand, making her shove the pego deeper. The Dark elf laughed and began fucking her harder. The orgasms washed over Bemere, one after another, pushing her deep into a blissful, erotic haze.

...

When Bemere finally returned to her mind, she realized that there were several hands stroking her body while two mouths nibbled and teased her from neck to nipples. Between her legs, someone's tongue. She saw Twyla and Kaylie pressed close on either side and Anniak's raven-dark hair spread across her thighs.

"Welcome back," Twyla said quietly.

Kaylie looked up at Bemere, a wicked smile on her face. "That was most impressive."

Anniak looked up at Bemere, face wet. "You should not have waited so long."

There were moans and gasps echoing around her as well and Bemere lifted her head to look around. She saw Gwyenth first, held over Gruni's mouth. The Plaflakhi's tongue was pressed deep inside the High elf's sex. Gwyenth eyes were shut and there was a euphoric expression on her face.

Near them was another tangle of limbs. After a moment, Bemere saw Donag, Khivu, and Axit writhing slowly together, all of them moaning and gasping.

Anniak took another pego from the case, a replica of a thick fae-shaped cock, and held it up for Bemere to see.

"This one next, I think."

Bemere's eyes closed, her back slowly arching as the heavy mass filled her. They shifted around her, but Bemere barely noticed as the sensation of pego was joined by a new, eager tongue.

...

"How is she doing?" Kaylie asked Twyla as the pair sat breast deep in the warm water.

"Mistress Anniak said that her mind has gone to commune with a kyickmur and that she'll return soon. I'd imagine that the poor dear is exhausted."

"With good reason," Kaylie said. "I never thought I'd see anyone cum for three straight hours."

"Mistress Anniak is going to show me the best way to drain her each evening," Twyla said. "I'm supposed to insist."

Kaylie's hand drifted to Twyla's thigh, stroking it gently. "With respect, she's a fool if she makes you insist. May I join the lesson? Maybe I'll be able to surprise Gwyenth with something new."

Twyla spread her legs as Kaylie's fingers slid closer. "I'd like that very much. Are the two of you...I'm not sure the term to use. Married?"

Kaylie grinned. "No, and I hope that I'm never deranged enough to consider it. We keep each other warm as necessary. Boreas is my one true love and partner, but their cycles of arousal are complicated and don't match others needs as well."

"You haven't mentioned him before," Twyla said. "Is he waiting for you somewhere?"

"It's been too hectic for explanations, hasn't it? Well, first of all, we are called Cloud Ghosts. Part of the reason is that we ride gryphons?"

The blonde woman stared at her. "Those are real?"

Kaylie laughed. "Very much so. I'll take you up and introduce you to Boreas in a bit. They're likely out hunting just now."

"And you...."

Kaylie nodded. "Oh yes. Would you like to hear about it?"

Twyla nodded, starting to breathe harder as Kaylie's fingers found their mark.

The four of them took a much needed break from the revelry of the burrow and withdrew to the little camp perched on the high terrace. Twyla and Kaylie had fallen asleep as soon as they'd laid down. Bemere and Gwyenth packed their pipes and smoked quietly, leaning against Ouranos' warm flank as they talked.

"Back to the Sands then," Gwyenth said.

"After a short detour back to Grand Locks. Twyla is supposed to return to the Pale College on a canal boat, and I'll venture over Gateman's Notch to return to Brynjarl Sands on Khivu's mission and send a long letter back to my own court."

"I know that you cannot admit your true task," Gwyenth said, going slightly cross-eyed as she studied the embers in her pipe. "That being said, Ouranos heard news that Mad Gregor has finally met his fate. He was at one of those barbaric tournament things, carousing and managed to get himself kicked in the head performing some rustic prank. Dead where he fell."

Bemere raised an eyebrow but Gwyenth shook her head. "It wasn't us."

"Nor us. That is to say, the Selenic court."

Gwyenth raised her own skeptical eyebrow. "Would you know if it was?"

"Definitely, the Executors employ subtle poisons, difficult to detect. This sounds more like low comedy."

"Maybe it wasn't a mortal's doing then."

"One of the Divines?" Bemere said doubtfully. "If they decided to act, why didn't they move sooner? There was no need to allow that fool to raise a single army, let alone three. Now the land goes untended, bringing famine and yet more pointless death. Even the Blood Drinker is not so ruthless."

Gwyenth immediately made a warding gesture. "Let's not start questioning actions of the Divines, hmm? No good ever comes of it."

"I'm sure that my Mother of Trees already knows of my sorrow, as an echo of her own," Bemere said. "I have spent much time considering the situation, and whatever killed him, the life of the Mad MacGregor is a rebuke for the policies of my court. Had the Selenic Lady reacted even a bit sooner, a simple adjustment of the matter would have spared thousands of lives."

Gwyenth shook her head, amused. "Not content with questioning the actions of the Divines, now you criticize the Selene herself? Perhaps you've had enough clover."

"I am permitted to have my own thoughts."

The Golden elf looked at her. "Those were words, not thoughts, my friend. Among most of the Golden, that would be enough. And I think you are correct in that our Green Mother deeply grieves those lives, may She ever take her children along smooth paths and quiet waters."

"On and ever on," Bemere replied surprised. Still, her fingers moved almost automatically, casting the Green Mother's glyph.

"You look surprised," Gwyenth said. "Did they tell you that all the Goldens follow Blood-Drinker or Knife-in-the-Darkness?"

"It's not that bad, but I never considered the Golden as particular lovers of lives beyond their own. I'm happy to be proven wrong."

"Her worship is not widespread, but She is respected, and I am one of Her faithful. Another strange coincidence in our improbable meeting. I swear that this is the last time I will ask; is your presence here purely accidental?"

Bemere snorted. "I would think that my constant ignorance and mistakes would be enough to put your mind at rest over any secret plan."

"Daughter, I must correct you," Twyla said, sitting up. "You both follow My plans"

Their chuckles died in their throats as she stood and faced them. Bemere's pipe fell from her nerveless fingers. Twyla's blue eyes had been replaced by a emerald green orbs that glowed brightly. Ouranos and Boreas woke with startled snorts as they leapt to their feet. Then both gryphons lowered their heads to the stone, soft growls of adoration coming from deep in their throats.

"Hello, my dearest ones," Twyla said, putting a hand on each of their heads. "As ever, your folk are a pleasure to delight My eyes but I have come to speak to your smaller companions and must not blight my herald's mind."

Despite Her words, the gryphons stayed close on either side, keeping their heads under Her hands. Smiling down at them, She went to where Bemere and Gwyenth knelt, faces to the ground.

"That will not do, meet Me on your feet, champions."

Gwyenth and Bemere glanced at each other as they climbed to their feet.

"Each of you has found your way along a torturous path to this moment and I am most pleased. You have seen the monstrous burdens and miseries that are visited upon the Humans. I have watched and waited, hoping that their siblings would show them the way forward, side by side. Instead, I find My elder children heaping misery and death on the youngers. I was patient, but that has come to an end."

Behind them, there was another startled gasp and then muffled thrashing as Kaylie threw her blankets off and jumped to her feet. Surrounded by the power and emotions of the Green Lady, Bemere felt the bubbling amusement as Kaylie saw them and dropped to her knees.

"Thus comes the beginning of My war. You are My beloved champions, even through your darkest moments. Journey with My love and regard and we will speak further, in time."

The green light in Twyla's eyes disappeared as they closed, and she began to collapse. They both grabbed her, joined a moment later by Kaylie. Twyla opened her eyes and blearily squinted at them.

"All three of you? At once?" she muttered. "No, that's just ridiculous, wait until morning."

Still giddy from the power that had swirled around them, the elves held back laughter as they half-carried Twyla back to her blankets.

"I'll stay with her," Kaylie said. "The Mother of Trees spoke in my dream; she bids me to say two words; Asterlith and Hawthorne."

Yawning, she laid down next to Twyla, cuddled close and fell into a deep sleep again. The gryphons grumble-chattered at Gwyenth before they stretched out on either side of the humans.

"They want to smell her," Gwyenth said. "I have no idea why we can no longer lean against one of them."

Bemere laughed as the two elves found a place to sit back down and were silent for time.

"I've been trading letters with a small group of trusted friends," Bemere finally said. "We share views on...forbidden subjects."

"I wonder at what the Plenilune could possibly consider forbidden," Gwyenth said. "With that in mind, you must trust your friends deeply."

"Not so deeply as to reveal our names," Bemere said.

Gwyenth smiled. "Truly. I've always wondered what 'Asterlith' was."

Bemere laughed. "It's a kind of grass in the Plenilune lands. Very tough and nearly impossible to eradicate."

"An excellent sigil then. I assume that you've encountered Hawthorne trees in your travels."

"A beautiful tree and wonderfully thorny. I don't think I could ever have guessed that you were High fae, let alone a Cloud Ghost. Your treatise on shadow diplomacy was fascinating."

Gwyenth stared at the sky long enough that Bemere wondered if she'd invoked a valour, but she eventually looked at Bemere.

"In our own ways, we've spent our lives preventing war," Gwyenth said quietly. "How do we break faith with all those lost friends? Has it all been a waste?"

"I'm reminded of my father saying that the bearer of a message is as important as the message itself. Chali Blood-Drinker did not visit us, it was the Green Lady, Mother of Trees, creator of life. I doubt there will be the armies like those we remember."

"A visit from Knife-in-the-Darkness is just as fatal as some archer's bolt," Gwyenth warned.

Bemere laughed. "We have another saying; best to not sleep alone."

Gwyenth rolled her eyes. "Is that the Plenilune answer to everything?"

"It's a solution that works far more often than you'd think," Bemere said, pulling her close.

A short afterward;

Thanks for your patience, tying most of the threads together logically was more involved than I would have guessed. This began as a simple stroke story, a maximum of 10-20 (typewritten) pages, just a weekend's romp. And here we are, 160 pages later. Sorry about that, romance and eroticism are more interesting when I have a sense of the character and their motivations. Short stories are the hardest to write, but I'm still trying.

There will be a second series of stories set in Allworld, but it won't be for a while. The next offering is called Becoming Anek, from the Fleet Scout series, and there's still the next part of the Sparrow & Tulip series, called Song of Rage. My deepest thanks for sticking with me and I'll see you sooner than later.