Tales from the Road Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled, I had been working to get her away from the big panties into something smaller since we first hooked up. Those thongs looked damn hot on her ass, and even her landing strip made the front look damn edible.

She was in a mood for some revenge, she plopped in the passenger seat with her top mostly unbuttoned letting me have a good look at that tan stretchy bra that let her nipples stand out sooooo nicely. I enjoyed it as long as I could, knowing somewhere along the way it would get switched out for one of her regular bras.

I grinned, somehow the dryer had managed to thin out her bra collection a bit. It seemed to be losing a padded bra every now and then. It would be interesting to see if she bought more of them, or got more of the regular material bras. I was voting for more of the lace ones, but my vote didn't count that much. She had three lace and three stretchy ones. I was happy with any of the six.

I was encouraged to see her switch to a regular bra instead of her padded when we got to the next site.

And she was NOT happy. They'd had off and on rain for over a week. We had to set up in the street instead of the town square... and the humidity made her t-shirt a bit translucent.

By the end of the first evening, it clung to her nicely, and the white cups were apparent against her tan.

The ticket count was down a bit from the last three years but not as much as we expected with all the humidity. I just grinned at the lacey texture showing through.

On Wednesday she was a bit leery, but managed to get into the groove despite the feeling she was being gawked at. Personally, I was loving the nice bit of lace and nipple bump in that clinging t-shirt.

The ticket count was a decent bit above average. "It's just a fluke," I was told.

"Emmmm, Emmmm, Emmmmmmmm! Can we stay an extra day honey?" I reached for and grabbed a tit rolling her nipple between thumb and finger. She swatted it away so I let it drop and then ran my finger back up the cleft of her pussy making her gasp.

She wore her white lace bra yesterday, and the tan one was in the dirty clothes. That meant it was the black lace bra over her tan skin under a fairly thin white t-shirt. Her blue shorts didn't cling enough to actually give her a camel toe, but they were snug enough to look damn hot on her ass.

Ro made sure to grab her big sunglasses.

By suppertime it was undeniable. With Ro on the big ride and Eunice on the little one, we had more than surpassed last year's count just on a visual look in the ticket boxes. Two bright pink rides with two hot women manning the entrance was just an unbeatable combination.

Ro stripped to her thong and bra and folded the top half of the cups in while I counted. Once I had the numbers, I tossed the paperwork on the counter and tossed her into bed. That aromatic pussy in this small sleeper was just too much to ignore.

Ro didn't want to admit it, but after a few more tests on what would normally be slow stops, even she was convinced. Well, that and being by another show. We had another multiple company show and had a nice Octopus beside us.

Ro just watched as the two hot young ladies had quite the crowd around them the first day. The next day Ro was in her lace bra, t-shirt, and shorts again.

I smiled on the last day. They had a wristband night to get the kids in, and the girls next door had dayglow bikini tops on under their t-shirts.

"Uh Uhhh," was all Ro said.

Granted, the girls next door were medium B cuppers, and in her mind Ro was still a C to D cup girl.

I did chuckle later after shut down. If the guys only knew how little chance they had with those two, they went into the shower together... Damn.

A few weeks later the gods smiled on me. The kiddie ride got totaled. We were at a truck stop filling up, then parked to run in and grab a bite. Just as we were about to go in the door, we heard one hell of a crash in the parking lot.

Like all the truckers, we headed for the noise to see just how bad somebody's truck got screwed up. The problem was it was our truck, well actually it was the kiddie scrambler.

Some kid with a long load of steel hadn't set his brakes properly, and he rolled back into our trailer. The pipe sticking out the back of his trailer went right into the side of the main spindle of the kiddie ride.

If it hadn't been as overbuilt as Günther had made it, it probably would have decapitated it. Instead, it severely fucked it up. No way in hell it would pass inspection now. We spent a better part of the afternoon going through all the police reports and insurance bull. The only saving grace was the truck stop had video cameras on the lot.

They were low grade and grainy, but they put the nail in the coffin so to speak on the accident. We made an actual paid call to Matteo to tell him the kiddie ride was out of commission and we'd call in the next day or two.

If we didn't have our special motor box and the trailer mounted ride, we'd have lost a full day. We got a late start, but we were able to get up and operating by supper time.

I spent the next morning on the toll-free number to the insurance company while Ro ran down and got a polaroid camera and took a ton of pictures. She did three sets. One for the insurance company, one for us to keep, and one to send back to Günther.

Being down one ride, Ro decided to do the t-shirt and lace bra and have Eunice help her take tickets the first two days. They switched to shorts the last two days... and I barely kept from drooling.

She still rolls her eyes at the polaroid I have of the two of them working the ride.

We went back and forth with the insurance company on the value of the ride. It was twenty years old... but it had just been rebuilt. If we had told them it was built from scrap on a farm they would have had a fit.

Eventually, we met in the middle with a fair amount tossed in for lost income. We could have fought it for more, but we were on the road without a lot of spare time or a backup.

Ro sent Matteo the pics of the damaged ride and three copies of the AB magazine to see what the possibilities were.

The good news is that with the girls taking tickets, our numbers were up a bit. Bad news we were spending extra fuel to pull around a damaged ride.

It took a while, but Günther and Matteo were able to track down a well-used trailer mounted kiddie scrambler at a decent price. They sent Leon to us with the truck to get the damaged ride and a cashier's check for the used ride. He showed me the pictures, and it was in BAD shape. But Günther seemed to think he could take two and make a good one.

We kept right on going to the end of the year, the extra two stops in the wrong direction and all. The girls kept manning the ride, and Ro and I were skimping everywhere we could. Hector even took pity on me and brought me a few bags of donuts when Ro wasn't around.

One of these years we're actually going to get a winter break off. The scary part was her folks were talking about making the trip down here next year if we didn't come up. I was halfway hoping Ro would go for it and kick in for their airfare down instead of ours up to the tundra.

We were both looking forward to the winter break, and dreading the trip home. Several weeks off, but the wrecked ride was disheartening.

DAMN!

Have you ever seen those animations where it looks like the machine is exploding? Take that times two, then drop all the parts on the ground from there. A bunch of pink parts and a bunch of green parts with a fair mix of the two.

Matteo had the nerve to laugh at me as I stared at a lot full of parts and pieces everywhere. "It's not as bad as it looks."

"Uh huh."

Turns out it really wasn't.

The used ride was trashed operationally, but not structurally. The steel was all still in great shape, but all the bearings and gears and such were so far gone it was a wonder it ran at all.

But ninety percent of that from our ride would transfer. The reason it looked like it did was Günther had used somewhat heavier bearings when he made the central pivot. Like twice as heavy. The new ones for the factory ride were on the way, and the rest of the ride couldn't be assembled until it was back together.

The heavier rams and pumps for the side leaves were easy to adapt, and the motor, gearbox, driveshaft's, and bearings would all go in once that was together.

All of his seats were going to need bushings in the mounts... he used larger pins.

The light bars just needed different size mounting holes, so we'd have double what we needed. The kids were happy no more holes to drill, and I was happy the center swash plate bolted right in.

We assembled everything just to make sure it would all go together. It was more green than pink, and I told Ro we could just change it to a green ride. I got the look and Leon laughed.

It was disassembled, sandblasted, and was once again painted PINK!

It also appeared that we were expected to come here for the winter from now on. Matteo had the power company swap out the transformer on the pole. We now had a three phase connection at the pole.

Even Ro and Yohanna laughed when I spotted that.

Seems we had been volunteered to be the attractions at the church fundraiser. There were all sorts of little portable things, and as foretold, Günther and Stefano had made a mini Ferris wheel. It only held little kids with six seats of two, but they squealed as it moved.

By order of the moms, the kiddie scrambler was limited to half speed.

Some kind of teapot thing was on the drawing board. They'd probably start with old tractor rims and spindles knowing Günther.

And life on the road went on. Ro was gaining enough upper body strength that quite often she was showing up the local help. Something their girlfriends thought was quite funny at times.

We did little tweaks and upgrades, but nothing major. We kept an eye on other rides on other shows, discussing the ups and downs of each one. We had thought about another ride, but that would put us at a different level from what we had. No matter what, it had to be trailer mounted. Ground set was just too labor intensive and ate into profits.

Dom still grumbled at losing his Scrambler, but he did chuckle at my having to deal with PINK.

Ro was working on my resolve in getting, or more like NOT getting, certain rides. We converted the lighting from bulbs to fluorescent tubes with colored sleeves. On wrist band nights, she'd swap the tubes for black lights and put on her 'special' uniform.

After watching some girls from another show 'stealing all our riders', she copied what they did. The girls had white lingerie under their clothes. The black lights made them look HOT!

Ro would put on white and something undies. They were bras with white bands and under cups and colored lace cups and straps. Slim panties with a narrow white center and colored / lacy sides, and under the blacklight all you noticed was the white... DAMN!

After two years on the road, and one COLD ASS TRIP TO ALASKA, we got stupid again.

Ro had been browsing through the AB whenever she got the chance, and she showed me a Tornado that was for sale. The pictures looked good, but that didn't mean they were accurate. The plus side is the company selling it was going to be at a big fair with us in a little over a month.

We made a call to Leon, who passed the info to Günther to see if he thought it was doable. They started researching, Yohanna was pissed he was out in the shop so much again. Matteo just laughed at his mother.

Just before we met up, Günther gave us a short list of things to check on the ride and what the asking prices were for similar rides. The company was asking a bit on the high side.

We agreed ahead of time with Aldo where we would be setting up, and made the leisurely three day drive in two. I was glad we did, the other company was there bright and early setting up the next morning.

Ro and I stood around like a couple of townies, but she got a few decent Polaroids of parts of the ride as it was being set up. The ride was not in nearly as good a shape as the AB picture led you to believe, and some of the hidden parts were in very rough shape. The truck pulling it didn't look much better. The cab didn't look too bad, but there were oil spots in the grass under it by the second day.

On tear down day we made them an offer about twenty percent below what they were asking. They tried to haggle until I pulled out the list of the problems with the ride and the truck that was pulling it. They were trying to find a sucker, and I wasn't it. I left them with Matteo's number if they changed their mind.

About a month from the end of the season, they called Matteo. They still tried to negotiate, but agreed to our offer. We were headed north to their winter quarters at the end of the season. They would have it up and operational when we got there, and go through the tear down with us to make sure we knew what to do.

It was a two day drive, and contrary to my thoughts, Ro insisted we stop at a truck wash and spray everything down so it was shiny and clean when we pulled into their lot. At the time I didn't think it was necessary. Boy was I wrong.

It was a slow drive the last ten miles on gravel roads to not raise a cloud and dirty up the kiddie ride. Their guys chuckled at our pink ride, and that just got Ro's dander up.

They fired the ride up, and it still made all the clunks and clangs it did when we first saw it. But the bicycle rack was still in the transport rack. A quick inspection showed several broken pieces in the middle of the stack. They grumbled, but replaced them with ones that seemed to match the rest of them.

We had it all folded and racked, and the guy was anxious to get his check.

I was just about to hand it over when they started backing a piece of shit truck under the front of the ride. "Uh uh, that's not happening."

"That's the truck that goes with it."

"Like hell!" Ro said pulling out the AB ad and the polaroid we took on site. Both showed the show company name and the Tornado logo on the door. It was a decent sized truck and sleeper. The one they were backing up was the tiniest cab over you could get, no sleeper, and was full of dents and dings.

They hemmed and hawed a bit and we started to walk away.

"Fine, fine!"

They got the right truck, and because they had tried a few things, we made sure the titles matched the ride and truck. They did, but we didn't need problems later.

So we were the not so proud owners of a needs a lot of work Tornado... and in debt to both our parents. They chuckled at Ro climbing into the cab, but she wasn't legal to drive the double.

Oh yeah, and they barely left us enough fuel to get to the next truck stop, and, "It's a damn good thing we're headed south, the heater in this thing doesn't work!"

We filled up, and just because it was such a quality truck, I followed her.

I got the long list of things wrong with the truck over the next three truck stops. Mainly she couldn't get it over fifty without the wheel shaking.

We were about half an hour from the end of the last day when Ro coasted to the shoulder. She was NOT happy, "THAT MOTHER FUCKING WOBBLY FUCKING PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT JUST UP AND FUCKING DIED ON ME !!!!"

"Like won't start?"

"FUCKING RIGHT! CRANKS OVER BUT DOESN'T FUCKING DO SHIT!"

I wrapped my arms around her. She started to calm down, but not a lot. "We're not far from the farm. We have two choices. I can drive on while you wait here with the new truck, or you can take the pink truck with the Scramblers and I wait here. There's only two turns, and if you take it wide and easy you shouldn't have any problems."

She sighed and went to the pink truck. "And tell Matteo to bring the long air hose just in case," I called out as she pulled out past me. I got two honks of the air horn. Just because, I tried cranking it over. It spun over, but that was it.

It was an hour later and here came the big semi. Thankfully this was not the first time they'd pulled in a broken down truck. By the time he got here, I had no air pressure. We spun the drain valve out and aired up the truck. Hooked up the log chain, flipped the flashers on, and made the slow trip to the farm. Another five miles and we would have had to air up the truck again, there was barely a hiss as I set the brakes.

I spent the next three days getting wet. I tried to get Ro to take a shot, but I got 'the look'. We fired up the steam cleaner and started going over the truck and the ride.

I did the truck first because Leon and Matteo were going to see why it wouldn't run first off. It still took half a day just to get it down to a manageable level. I had made the first pass on the ride and turned to see Leon standing there with a big ass grin.

I shook my head, "Really?"

His grin got bigger as he turned the filter over, some kind of sludge came glugging out.

"The fucking fuel filter?"

"Mainly, the fuel pump is pretty weak, but Dad thinks it was over stressed from the plugged filter and just needs a kit in it."

I was glad for just that, but worried about what else we'd find. After a lot closer inspection of both ride and truck, we came up with a game plan. Well not exactly 'we'. The adults were taking over.

Ro's parents had come down, and since they and my folks were now our bank, along with some 'guidance' from Günther and Yohanna. We were given the plan.

Günther and I were going to start in on the ride and pull help as needed. Matteo and Leon were going to start in on the truck. The ride would take priority. Worst case we would use our old truck until the 'new' truck was roadworthy.

The girls lost the vote on the color. They had two pink rides, I wanted this one to be gloss black with the big sparkly flakes in it.

"But honey..." Ro started in.

I gave her the look.

"But..."

I crossed my arms.

"Okay."

She kissed me... then licked my nose.

I swatted her ass as she scooted away.

It looked like the ride had exploded again, but it was all black instead of pink and green this time. We ordered new bearings for just about everything on the ride, then rebuilt the motor and pump.

The truck was still iffy.

The leaks were just seals, but practically all of them. All the ball joints in the front end were bad or going. The motor was not too bad, but not the greatest. Basically, we got it back to 'one stage above a pedal car' as Günther would put it.

The farm trucks used for hauling grain in the fall ran and were street legal, but not much more. It was fifty-fifty if this truck was better or worse than the grain trucks. We had a motor and basic required lights. Everything else would be as much as we could do before pulling out. Ro was begging to get the heat and AC working. She had to drive it until she could get checked out on pulling doubles.

She had passed the written, but failed the first road test. We had an ace in the hole so to speak. While we were fixing the Tornado, we added a pintle hitch and air and electric connections to the back.

Ro was not happy I had the guys paint the dolly for the kiddie Scrambler black, but I could pull it behind the Tornado so she could drive the pink truck and full sized scrambler for now.

We even managed to get the air ride seat fixed. The control valve had gone out and the other company had just put a wood block under it. We got the heater control working with a manual lever. The AC had a bad compressor. A call to Aldo at winter quarters and he confirmed his mechanic could do it once we got back with the show. So we put a shorter belt on it for now, bypassing the AC compressor.

The time flew by, and the ride was ready to go and looking damn good. The truck looked like an old truck. We'd re-evaluate this fall when we came back.