All Comments on 'Tales from the Stream Ch. 16'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
stroudlestroudleover 2 years ago

The prize for the most imaginative use of advertising and getting some more back story goes to you Wax. What a ride that was , I'm glad the girls all had each other to hold their hands , that's what friends are for after all.

I also liked how you started with some downtime and the crew catching up on correspondences. Aidoru's love affair with toberlerones carries on , a girl(s) after my own heart .

Great ending too with everyone taking a nap together, even Reg

Thank you Wax, another stonkingly good chapter . Jc

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
Simply brilliant!

This really is a brilliant chapter, Wax, illustrating as it does the horrors of relentless advertising. The thought of holograms tailored to penetrate and play on the desires and fears of the subjects is scary. And I could see it happening at some time in the not too distant future. The scenes of Xi ShenZhen made me think of the original Blade Runner film with the polluted city and all the buildings covered in holographic adverts.

As an afterthought, you should really be getting commission from the Toblerone company. I'l bet sales have shot up among the Literotica readership.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 2 years ago

Love it! AI advertising will be the death of all of us one day ...

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

This is one of the most terrifying glimpses of the future I’ve read ids it just me or does it feel like we aren’t far from it?

CreatingKateCreatingKateover 2 years ago

This strange little story, much like the crew of the Black Prince, wanders through space without much direction but with lots of heart. I love your witty writing and consistent updates. And the sex? Well to quote the captain, it's absolutely fucking beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That....was really nice! Thanks for bringing me into this delightful world.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 2 years ago
Well done.

Tailoring ads to a viewer is already happening. Read up about something on line, next time you know you start getting email advertising for a product you researched. I'm glad the girls were there for each other, seeing them through the sensory onslaught. Topped off with a warm beverage, Sheldon Cooper would approve, and a nice cuddle. Well written as always Wax. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Came here for the sexy stuff and ended up reading an amazing CyberPunk short story. Really can't express how well done this was.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 2 years agoAuthor

CreatingKate is right. There's not a lot of plot. They just kind of wander from one adventure to the next. But, it worked for Seinfeld for how many years? So why not? And Stroudle gets the prize for pointing out the story's theme is about holding hands and making it through tough times together. Thanks everyone for all the comments. I always smile when I read them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

.

An incredibly smart was to pack a ton of backstory about our favorite lesbian space pirates into one chapter, while at the same time demonstrating the camaraderie of the crew. I also agree with others about the quirky, somewhat random episodic nature of the work. Escapism at its finest.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Still rolling along. I liked th pice where Joan came in nd think the pirate old do good job helping her get MIA involved in her trade plans.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES