Tales from the Stream Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The retail workers union," said Jade. "I thought that was just an urban legend."

"Cafeteria Workers and Hospitality," said the woman. "But we're making progress. Paving the way for our brothers and sisters."

"You're amazing," said Janine.

"Nice shirt," said the union leader. "Be gay, do crimes. I like it."

"We should probably split," said Captain Joan. "I imagine the bots will be back with reinforcements soon."

"Mmm. Mm-hmm," said the union leader. "Anybody got the time by the way?"

Captain Jade pulled out her pocket watch and glanced a its face. "Two-thirty," she said. "Right on the nose."

"Thanks."

"So, are we leaving?" asked Captain Joan.

"No can do," said the union leader. "Two-thirty is our appointed break time. Nobody going anywhere before Two-forty-five."

"Um, okay..." said Jade.

Amaliya made a fist and tapped the center of her chest twice. "Solidarity," she said.

The group stood looking at each other for a good two minutes before Captain Joan spoke up.

"Listen, is anyone going to be offended if we, um, head back to our ship?" she said. "I don't want to appear ungrateful, but, you know..." she tilted her head to a still smoking drone.

"That's fine," said the union leader.

"Thanks for the assist and all..." said Jade.

"Don't mention it."

"You guys are the best," said Janine.

Amaliya raised her clenched fist in the air. "Solidarity!"

* * *

Back in Mia's Meadow

"Sounds like you had quite an adventure," said Jamie to Captain Joan. "I'm sorry I missed it.

"Luckily, Amaliya's new friends saved the day. Otherwise, we'd still be there, probably on sub paragraph L by now."

"Cafeteria workers armed with tasers," mused Jamie. "Who woulda thought?"

"Never underestimate the power of organized labor," said Amaliya. She raised her clenched fist into the air.

Captain Jade grinned as she wrapped her arms around Amaliya. "I never got a chance to properly thank you," she said. "You were amazing, baby."

Amaliya lowered her fist to hold Jade tight.

"Okay," said Emily, looking at the group. "Who wants to help me 3D print a turntable so we can listen to Lenore's records?"

The knot of girls in colorful T-shirts all raised their hands, as did the Novices standing beside them and the emotional support harvester crabs riding on their shoulders.

* * *

Afterword

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the absurdity of their recent adventure. There will be more coming.