Tales of Dick Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He grinned, "Yeah, it was amazing. I can get used to this."

The next morning after breakfast, Steven and I were in the living room. That's when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. It was KJ. He pulled me aside and I could feel instantly that something was wrong, he looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jason. I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now. I wanted to say it before graduation, but here we are."

"What? What is it?" I said in a concerned voice.

"I'm leaving..." his voice trailed off, he cleared his throat and continued, "I am leaving for the military today."

"What? Why?"

"I haven't found what I want to do, so why not join the service while I try to find things out."

I took a step back in shock. My best friend since childhood was leaving and I wouldn't be seeing him for years. I look down at the ground for a few seconds holding back my tears.

KJ placed his hands on my shoulder and said, "Look, I'll visit when I can but honestly I think this is the best for me. I don't know what I want to do in life right now and I certainly don't want to spend it at a McDonalds serving McFlurries."

I looked up at him and saw the tears in his eyes traveling down his cheeks. I wiped a tear from my eyes and gave him a big hug. I held him tightly. "You better come back," I whispered into his ear.

"You bet I fucking will."

When he let go, he told me to take care then said goodbye to everyone in the room. Then he left the house.

I held back more of my tears as I saw him enter his dad's truck. I told myself that this wasn't goodbye for good.

A week later, the four of us had finally finished moving into our new house. It was very nice and the new furniture made the house look welcoming. We each had a room and my cousin got along well with Dick and Javi.

Steven had convinced me to join him in summer classes at PCC so we could get a good lay of the land. We would be starting in two weeks and I honestly was excited to do it. Dick and Javi were both excited for us too.

Life was about to get so much better, with college and all. So many new people I was going to meet, that we were going to meet. It truly was going to be great.

12