Tales of the Wastelander Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll get the cart," Ylva volunteered, not wanting to leave behind the weapons and gear they had.

"Good idea. Bring it up close by, as ours is almost full and I'm sure you'd want to carry your share," Lawrie stated.

Smiling and finding the man's honesty refreshing, Ben kept an eye out for more Clackers. Ylva didn't go far past the treeline before the cart trundled out, with the Thunderers pulling it. She brought the cart up to where Lawrie had finished squeezing a Clacker dry, before dropping its corpse to the ground.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Ylva asked as she hopped down from the seat.

"Cut the claws from the Clackers at the elbow joint and take the heads too. We need to dry them out, so we can make the teeth pulling much easier," Lawrie ordered.

Ylva nodded and got to work, dicing up the carcass and leaving the rest for the scavengers. Lawrie was quick in his method of draining each Clacker, making quick work of each one. Ylva followed along, making the cuts needed and stacking the remnants in a pile for Mellany and Tasya to collect and sort.

"Wha..." Ben heard Mellany say before the sound of shattering glass reached his ears.

"Hmm?" Ben wondered as he turned. He looked right at Mellany, who was staring at Ylva. Or more specifically, the axe she held in her hand.

"That axe, where did you get it?" Mellany demanded.

"Why do you want to know?" Ylva asked as she hefted the weapon in front of her.

"Please! Tell me where you got it!" Mellany pleaded.

"She took from a brutal asshole of a slaver, who we put down. Why? Is it important?" Ben asked.

What happened next was something neither Ben nor Ylva saw happening. Mellany fell to knees and cried, but these were not tears of mourning, they were tears of happiness. She wept with joy at seeing this weapon, and Ben was as to why she would be happy about this.

******************************

And that wraps up chapter four, everyone! Don't worry, I have already made significant progress on chapter five and should have it ready before the month is out! I hope everyone has been enjoying this story so far and that it meets the expectations of those who requested I write this genre!

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my work and I do hope that you've enjoyed it! I'm open to constructive criticism and will seriously consider any suggestions made about various story arcs. Please feel free to rate and comment on my work down below. If you like what I write, don't be afraid to follow and share, though your views, ratings and comments are quite enough for me.

In the meantime, this is C.H. Darkstrider, signing off to grab a beer and some quality time with the wife! ;) You will attain whatever you most desire, as long as you believe in yourself. Cheers!