All Comments on 'Talk at the Kitchen Table'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksalmost 2 years ago

Wish it worked out like that. Never does. I Will think about it and possibly add to the post then

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

cucks get one star

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

Decent story. Nice to see a wife stepped away from the cliff. She should have insisted om meeting and talking with his wife to see if the story was true, and if the wife did give her husband permission. Chances are he is just an a-hole looking for pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Damn... truly cookin' with gas!! Beautifully written and so authentically constructed. No villains here, only real people. Keep on writin'... 5/5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How soon they forget: "Earlier, when menopause showed its ugly head, Dee was not in the mood. But she came back with a roar..."

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

..."This isn't about us, it's about me." the death of any partnership. One partner begins to put themselves in the foreground and no longer has the other partner in mind! She did, and the partnership will never be what it was to this point. It doesn't matter if she broke contact or not. She opened "Pandorra's box" and will never be able to close it again. He'll be reminded again and again in the future that she was in fact ready to cheat on him and thought it was "okay"! Who can guarantee him that this will not happen again in the future?

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

If you think this is believable then i suggest your wife help you find a qualified therapist.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 2 years ago

Hmmm not a bad story. But it does show the wife has lack of respect for the husband. And yes the would be boyfriend would definitely be spoken to. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The seduction, once started, will continue unabated. He'll switch to the often used...

.

... "We'll only do it once, just to relieve the sexual tension between us, and then we'll be done with it. Since it bothers our spouses so much, let's just keep it between ourselves and not tell them. Just once to get it out of our system."

.

Of course, just once will not be enough and the affair is under way. The wife will continue, satisfied that no one is getting hurt and she's having a hell of a time. The rest of it will lay out just as the husband described, eventually she'll do or say something that will alert the husband and then the marriage is dead. Everybody gets hurt with the kind of pain that lasts for years. Finis.

.

For many, I doubt the marriage would survive her simply presenting her plan for dating other men. Game over. Still gave you 4 stars, nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks. You've given us an even-handed and simple look at this issue. I appreciate it (5*).

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoalmost 2 years ago

Moderately interesting tale. By no mean breaking new ground, but I'm curious. What did the preface have to do with the story? Was your wife saying people don't cheat or emotional affairs don't exist or conversations like these don't happen? Because if that's the case, your wife needs a reality check.

In any case, 4-stars

-JMFC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lisa is looking a little unsettled, even withdrawn if I'm good enough to read her expression.

Who is Lisa??

Aside from this hiccup, a pretty good story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Keep writing. I enjoyed this. Good to see a potential cheater make the rught choice

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 2 years ago

Really good story and writing! The only thing that didn’t ring true for me was her naïveté. This is her third marriage, she is nearly sixty, she knows how seduction works, she seems to know how her husband might feel about it, yet she runs this past him to see if he might go along and be a happy cuckold. Then immediately calls it all off upon seeing his reaction. If before this, he trusted her, that is forever gone now. There will be no illusion by him that she is not on the lookout for a better deal. Next time she won’t ask, she do it on the downlow. Doesn’t seem the odds of a great marriage from here on out are very high. If I’m completely wrong about that, I apologize for sowing seeds of doubt.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

He needs to start trusting but verifying asap.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

And I bet Duke's wife didn't even have so much as a cold. She was played by a player.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good take. A very rare 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just amazing that a wife could say, "we have the perfect marriage" and then talk about cheating because something isn't working. There is no perfect marriage because there are no perfect people, only flawed ones. What she was really saying was, "husband, I'm selfish and you're not giving me what I want. I'm going to go get it somewhere else, because I care more about me than you." I guess he was right to talk her through it for the sake of 32 years, but not sure I agree with his conclusion "we will be alright." He probably just postponed the inevitable and should have let her live with her choices, out of his house, without him.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

After getting up the nerve for the talk, then trying to fool him with the general proposal when she had one guy in mind, she suddenly sees the error of her ways? He needs to check on her ALL THE TIME. But, if it's come to that, go? I wonder if he believes her apology. D

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

I basically agree with your wife. I suppose in an infinite universe, anything might happen SOMETIME, but I doubt there's anything CLOSE to the number of wives telling their husbands that they're going on a date, will likely fuck, and expect that not only will their husbands not leave, but that it'll have little impact on their marriage.

\

"No more spontaneity, rather scheduled once per week sex." - You might have to schedule intercourse, there's plenty of other forms of sex that can be spontaneous.

\

I'm sorry, there's only one answer to this bullshit: If she "need" to get fucked more than he can do, WANTS to get fucked, and intends to get fucked by other men, than they can get divorced right now.

\

Meh. Odd break where they're talking, then he's getting out of the shower. Had she gone out? Granted, it was answered quickly, but it was still awkward. Kind of petered out, implied a confrontation with Duke, should have shown it, since Duke was younger and bigger, how did he deal with that without some sort of an ambush?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So she was already having an affair. Her now hurt husband will never forget what she did or said. And in the end she just gets off Scott free.....

Nope. Leave her cheating ass on the curb.

Wonderman1Wonderman1almost 2 years ago

Very Interesting story. Deep discussion and I enjoyed it. Not your usual loving wives story but a very good one and I hope you write more. I think you are going to be a very good contributor to this website. Best wishes on more stories.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

That was disturbingly good. It's a familiar theme, but the writing was exceptional. The description of the discussion was spot on. He's going to be watching her for a long time to come, but if she works at it they can recover what they had.

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

To the writer- your wife was/is right. Normal people don't talk like that, nor do they act like this. Normal wives don't bring in a grenade and sit it on kitchen table and ask their husband 'How about it?' Ok, this happens in LW quite a bit, but not in real life. And definitely the man doesn't react and forgive his grenade launching wife in ONE DAY. But, you write well, keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't know, that would be a hard one. (No pun intended) A loving wife would know how badly a talk like that would hurt her husband. If she's willing to tear his heart out for a little excitement of her own, it would indicate to me that her love is not as strong as I thought or is waning. If I stayed with her, it would take a long time before I regained my trust in her and I doubt I would ever fully recover.

Burner70Burner70almost 2 years ago

Good story, but keep an eye on her , the deceitful seeds have been planted

TallyDaveTallyDavealmost 2 years ago

Enjoyable story. My complements.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 2 years ago

I am glad your wife likes your writing. You wrote that you wrote and published your life story, congrats, but you didn't learn anything from that.

Standing at the sink, drying our dinner dishes with, Deandra (Dee for short) washing, I was marveling at how beautiful she is, even after all these years.

I came down the stairs, grabbing a beer and taking a seat at our kitchen table. Lisa is looking a little unsettled, even withdrawn if I'm good enough to read her expression.

Who is Lisa?

Congrats on your first submission anyway.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 2 years ago

I find it very odd that he introduces his wife as someone who he had been close to all his life, drawn to. I would assume he knows her by this point. Yet, she does something like this and is seems clueless about what she is doing to their relationship.

And, it's too late. Her actions have introduced poison and doubt into her marriage. He says, "We were going to be alright" because "Dee made the right decision". The "right decision" would have been not to take up with this slick guy at work. A woman with her head on straight KNOWS this. Devon now KNOWS her head is not on straight. The results of that are unpredictable but it is certainly NOT reassuring concerning her future fidelity. He is naïve to assume they will work things out. He is working with a NEW woman, one who will not behave as she did in the past. He is going to have his guard up and, guess what, rebuilding intimacy is not easy with your guard up.

Lumpy2Lumpy2almost 2 years ago

Great story. I wish my wife would have this conversation with me. I would have to meet the guy, and if I liked him I would let her give it a try.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 2 years ago

Devon would have killed Duke and gone to jail. She would have no one and nothing. She would be a three time loser. Maybe they came back from the brink. Maybe not. I wouldn’t trust her. She already went too far and they won’t make it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hope this was ur only offering? Anymore cuckish rambling’s that your geriatric imagination has to offer .. kind sir.. do keep you yourself please!!

mainer42mainer42almost 2 years ago

Well done you two. Conversation and honesty are always the foothold of a relationship. Life has it's moments but truth and honesty will always give us more control.

Chuck100Chuck100almost 2 years ago

The only thing I can say is Trust BUT verify. It is inevitable she will begin slipping if things don't improve. His nightmare which he eloquently stated will come to past. Trust is a fragile thing once broken even if painstakingly repaired it is never the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"I didn't respond, so she took advantage by ploughing through.

"Do you agree we have the perfect marriage?" -- His response, "NOT ANYMORE!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Decent effort. But like with all of the many versions of this “I love you completely but I need more sex” trope….it has to fail on the jagged rocks of logic.

.

It is just impossible for a person…man or woman….who claims to fully love and adore their mate —- especially after decades —- to declare that they MUST seek out sex from another just because the mate no longer can perform as well as before…or at all. THAT is NOT what any loving “soulmate” would ever do. EVER.

.

Fortunately, this story went the way that a few on here do….the offending mate reacts properly to the impact of their extreme selfishness and calls it off. Especially with our hero having “a chat” with “the Duke” 😎

.

4 ****

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

One of the harder trust issues they'll have to resolve will be for how long and how many times had she gone to lunch alone with Duke for it to get to this point. That's a lot of private time with another man that she never told Devon about until this conversation. That's a lot of deception and hiding things from him that Dee is going to have to answer for.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

Excellent story, one that leaves many questions. In my mind when a relationship gets to this point and this conversation is held, the game is over.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Minor edit issue where Dee became Lisa, but overall good story. I did find some of the plot forced relative to my experiences. My wife of 30+ years and I are in a similar life stage to this couple. Only difference is if a woman's libido drops with the onset of menopause, it doesn't come back unless she does hormone replacement therapy. Even then, the libido doesn't usually go back to "normal". The last part is this couple were long lost loves. When you're in that situation and finally get together, it's not about sex, it's about intimacy. You can't get intimacy outside of your soulmate unless they aren't your soulmate. You find of hint at that in the story, but I struggled to wrap my mind around the characters during the setup and the actions of Dee. 4*

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

When it comes to storytelling, you're not just cooking with gas, you're going like 60! Please take these five stars and keep writing.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

Congratulations on an excellent first story. Looking forward to many more. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Even the "request" should result in a divorce action. One may not follow through, but filing would be appropriate "therapy" for the bitch and a test to see how repentant she truly is. As for the husband suggesting he could sit in a corner while she chats up strangers in a bar...really? You've written a normal male character and then have him suggesting cuck games.

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69almost 2 years ago

I like it. Definitely had that around the kitchen table atmosphere. He did miss a point. He stayed by her during her slow time in menopause. But a very level headed conversation on an emotionally delicate subject. I look forward your next story. Meeting the Duke of Austin. Hint hint.

irinmikeirinmikealmost 2 years ago

What woman, who had been with her man for decades, would not know how he would react To a statement like; “how do you feel about me going out on occasional dates with other men”.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Ha At 18 years old they broke up and got free from each other and Dee hooked up with another guy and got pregnant. I bet she's the one telling Devon they should take a break so she could date another dude. 32 years later she's doing it again with stupid Devon as back-uo plan for retirement.

/

HA!

ANY man with balls would have escorted Dee to the door and changed the locks. The stupid Devon is a classic SIMP!

/

She'll do it again and probably this SIMP will catapult. She is already been having an affair.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

Sweet story even if it made no sense. She was looking to stab him in the heart and then fell apart after a few tears. Probably needed bit more context before going that route. Keep writing, it improves in time!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Used car salesman like Duke can talk your socks off. She was sold a bill of goods. Whether she's telling the truth is another matter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Well

This point tells Dee is stuck on stupid, "But I would come home to you and try..."

Umm she's 60 years old, married twice and divorce. Considering that she got knocked up so quickly after having a pause in her relationship at 18 and that she's bringing up BS now kinda implies Dee is not shy about sex. So what kind of things will Dukie-boy would be able to teach her?

After being blindsided like this and the fact he weathered her menopause days, the reconciliation was way too quick and diminished the story. Will she have "temporary madness" again? I also have to wonder about how they work things out like they had for so many years. Yeah, like 32 years of not being together? Don't think that worked out too well especially when she wanted her husband to accept her stepping out.

Gave it three stars. Not bad, not great. Just OK.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Nah...u gotta get rid of that one...star crossed livers or not...the sheer disrespect...the fact that she would tell another man about your sexual problems is a bridge too far...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She obviously can have no further contact with her would be paramour. So she must resign from her job immediately. No, she can't wait until she finds an opening somewhere else. And he has full inspection rights over her communications and whereabouts indefinitely. There's a price to pay for playing fast and loose with intimacy. Welcome to the check out register.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

I'm really torn with this story. It's very well written and you do a great job of bringing the emotions of your characters out. BUT...there's no way the wife in your story loves nor respects her husband. She just doesn't and she all but admits it. Maybe they didn't use the "for better or worse" in their wedding because this wife looks to be looking out for herself when the worst happened. After a discussion like this there's no way the husband would ever look at his wife the same way. To me it would throw a very dark cloud over the marriage probably forever. And seriously a little hug isn't going to fix everything she blew up with her little talk. I would have liked to hear about the meeting he had with "The Duke of fucking Austin".

If I understand the preface correctly your wife doesn't believe conversations like this happen. While I've never experienced a discussion like this and don't know of anyone that has I still believe that conversations like this do occur. Or maybe I've just been reading loving wives stories way too long. 🤣

I really enjoyed your story and hope you'll continue posting here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Head trouble off at the pass ! Liked the way your character handled this potentially fatal scenario ! There are words of wisdom there that others could use if they find themselves in a similar situation! Giving it 5 stars for the insight it provided and a personal thank you for publishing it !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your wife is right. This is idiotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, brilliantly done. A real thinker in under two pages. No truly loving wife would crush her beloved husband this way. I’m not saying this kind of thing doesn’t happen; I’m saying it means true love has been sacrificed in an irrevocable flash of selfishness. Even her seemingly sincere reconsideration necessarily leaves the nagging question of whether she really reacquired clarity or just switched strategy for a behind-his-back Plan B. This feels to me like the fatal mistake made in “February Sucks.” Once the wife fired that bullet, there was no calling it back. I usually lean a bit toward RAAC, but here I would divorce her.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

I like the story. Even if the words would not be articulated as written, the underlying thought is there.

None of us have all the facts of the specific relationship and so we cannot say whether husband is better off forgiving or going nuclear. I would think that marriage was already severely damaged, perhaps fatally, by the wife just asking the question.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this but felt as though the ending was cut short, the storyline could have been developed more to encompass more character development and more angst and more confrontation. She had been conducting an emotional affair for a good while apparently; the husband, meanwhile, was clueless.

The fact that he was experiencing sexual problems with his equipment whilst not yet sixty is problematical, surely at such a young age modern medicine could certainly help.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 2 years ago

I'm a little skeptical of Dee's future intentions.

""Which offer is that?" I ask for clarity.

"All of them." She smiles her best smile. Then I smile back.

Fuck you John Doe. We were going to be alright, especially after I had my little meeting with The Duke of fucking Austin. Dee made the right decision, and we'd work things out like we had for so many years."

They had been separated by 35 years after young love after she cheated and got pregnant at 18 years old. That's number one, then she has two marriages and divorces you would think that she would learn something by then. She went through her change of life and shut his down sexually and now she decides that she needs to be thrilled again in life and starts an affair with a younger guy from work and tries to talk her husband to "hang back and keep ready" while she goes out and get's her pleasure.

Why would her husband think that she won't relapse again and do it secretly the next time? What happens after her husband tries his level best and his equipment still falters? Good attempt but too many holes in logic.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 2 years ago

Excellent! 5 ⭐️s, but...

She was clearly a linear thinker, he was not. His thinking process was on multiple tracks and the confluence of these tracks should have lead to divorce.

If, and that's a big if, she can ward off future seducers, slick talkers and passes, she might survive, but he should be suspicious. She's now on at least "strike one", if not strike two. Thank goodness she recognized the errors of her ways, but she clearly displayed her flaws.

A post nup seems to be in order.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Silly premise, not well presented

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Rather simple-minded. Fundamentally it's about a man who can no longer satisfy his wife talking at her. relentlessly. At the end her problem has not been solved, indeed he made no realistic attempt to solve it. Apparently she's decided to put up with his inadequacy. Then he cries! Oh, just great! Leave him, sweetheart, there are a lot of opportunities out there.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Interesting conversation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

At least he knew what to say to make her understand how messed up her straying would cost her. Most men do not have the ability to deal with that situation.they would totally lose it and all hell would break loose!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The reality is that those women who want "something extra" in their life, don't ask their husbands. They just go and do it anyway and hope he never finds out.

katibkatibalmost 2 years ago

You're the cat's pajamas! Very good.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Damage was already done...too late to go back. Emotionally she is already gone and HAS cheated.

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

I’d still fuck her off. How dare she. She wants strange l’d give it to her. But she’ll be alone after her lover leaves her, as he will. After all it’s all in the chase, once he’s won it’s over.

I’d also let Dukes wife know what a scumbag he is, she can the decide his fate. Alls fair in love and war.

Scores 3/5, nothing exciting really, Just ho hum.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

1 star - talk about a fairy tale - this is just such a horrible idea.

The woman has already committed emotional adultery.

She is even stupid enough to approach her husband with her adultery plan.

Why is the moron husband even considering a second chance for this stupid slut?

Divorce is the only reasonable alternative and NEVER marrying again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A hard story for me to read. I got dumped on May 6th, this year. lost my wife of 46 yrs. last year. found out my brother was sleeping with my gf on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the hotel and I got her bed at night but no sex for 5 months. She got 38K from me, he fixed her two cars in my shop and she got labor in trade. I'm promised grand kids and sold my home to buy one closer to her kids that now I can't ever see. Brother just told me not to ever call him again. Life will go on and I hope your story is real and a happy ending or you got a messed up mind like mine is now. lol Take care and enjoy your life together. Johnmccall2@hotmail.com

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

You started out with a very idiotic conversation:

First there is the chessy and asinine: "Devon, you know I love you with everything I am,"

The she asks him to allow her to date other men. Then we move in to the really idiotic dialog:

"You know I love everything about 'US'", Then moving right into: ""Do you agree we have the perfect marriage?"" then last but not least: ""And you agree with me that we are soul mates, and should be together forever?""

Such absurd BS. She starts out lying and then proves how delusional and idiotic she really is.

If my wife asked me:"I'm asking what you think about me going out on dates.", I would ask her to picture me punching her in the face several times. (see I believe in equality of the sexes)

Then after admitting she has an emotional relationship with someone else, she eventually changes her mind and he now acts like nothing happened and ... " We were going to be alright". Absurd and silly

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 2 years ago

Well thought out. I am sure there have been many incidents like this and with outcomes opposite, leading to sadness and loss. When blindsided by something as this in real time, one does not have the advantage of being able to think about the correct response and dictate it so eloquently. A response that can diffuse the question is limited to and controlled by our emotions and most likely would make matters worse. It is an unfair attack on a spouse, a sucker punch, and unless you are a verbal scholar with ice water in your veins, you are doomed. The marriage is likely over the minute you sit down at the table.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

I'll start by saying that "IF" this conversation happened his side was spot on, though the end is NOT the way any conversation like this would go. Any person, man or woman, would begin to question their relationship after that little chat.

Honestly, this conversation does not happen often, the odds of a straight happily married couple chatting in such a manner are so infinitesimally small we could say it never happens at all.

Unless, and heres the kicker, the husband is a cuck and has displayed that weakness in either bi/gay behavior and desires.

Most spouses will just outright cheat if they needed more than the "Love of their life" before they tried this. It is a marriage killer, plain and simple.

That said it was well written, not realistic, but still well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She won't tell him about the cheating now. It will still happen. 4 divorces between them? These are not stable or desireable people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really, really good first story. Do these kind of talk actually happen? I have no idea as I've never personally experienced it myself nor any of my friends as far as I know. But I have a feeling that yes something like this could actually happen. And when it does the fall out lasts much longer than with the characters in your story. No way a husband is going to get hit with this and recover from it that quickly. Looking forward to reading more of your stories. Thanks.

So what happened to The Duke of fucking Austin?? Inquiring minds would to know. 🙃

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

This was very good story about 'the talk' and the wife wants to date. The husband had all the right answers and broke the wife out of her temporary madness. 5 stars

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

I'm afraid I have to agree with your wife on this one, the "we need to talk" cliche is wildly improbable in real life. Most cheating wives are very sneaky, and will go to great lengths to keep the cucked hubbie from finding out what they've been up to.

What possible incentive would they have to be honest about their infidelity? Telling the husband is a huge risk, with consequences like divorce, public condemnation for being a slut, and even physical violence a very real possibility.

-

As for this cheating wife, she's just burned a lot of bridges. She destroyed her husband's trust in her. She also emasculated him and broke his heart, which might well lead to a divorce.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

yeah thats what always bothered me about these "honey we need to talk" stories they dont seem to know their spouse very well. and these short term bouts of idk "madness" "dumbass" "mentally confused" do these ppl not care why this is happening to them? ppl should see their doctor more often

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

Well written story. 5 stars. Oi have never heard that line from any of my wives or shack ups but it would certainly put a chill in the air. If he leaves her she will still have lover and he will be. lonely. If he looks the other way and permits her cheating she might be happier and treat hubby better. However after 32 yrs apart I can't imagine that she would jeopardize happiness with hubby for a date with another. Seems she didn't miss hubby that much after all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
It Doesn't Bear Up Under Scrutiny.

She wanted to fuck another man because her husband couldn't fuck her very well, or at all. And she wanted her husband to condone her fucking another man, to understand it, maybe even to be happy for her extra marital sex. And she came to this decision because she was already dating the man she wanted to fuck. But it wasn't just fucking. She wanted to have an intimate sexual erotic romance with this man she met and has been dating. Dressing up for her new man, romantic dinners, dancing, maybe trips, gifts, surprises, special favors? Special sexual favors? Why not, the lame old hubby can't do it for her?

A thief is not just a person who steals, or who becomes a thief by stealing. No, a thief first is a person who thinks it is OK to steal, who wants and plans to steal. A thief becomes a thief in their mind before they become a thief by their actions.

His wife had already decided she wanted to date the Duke, romance the Duke, become the Duke's lover. We know the wife is lying when she says her desire to fuck the Duke is about her husband's sexual inadequacy. If that's her only problem they can hire the wife a male prostitute, a human dildo. He shows up, he fucks her, they pay him, he leaves, she's satisfied. What the wife was asking for was for her husband to allow her to stop being his wife, without divorcing her. She wanted to become the Duke's romantic and sexual partner without the trauma and betrayal of committing adultery, by asking her husband to condone and forgive her in advance for committing adultery. Why would she even ask her husband for this if she didn't think he would probably grant it? Which of course is the real problem. The wife has lost respect and regard for her husband, wants to replace him sexually and romantically, and thinks her request is legitimate, even entitled.

Once all this finally sinks in, despite how this story leaves the couple, their marriage is over. The wife did not succumb to a moment of "madness." She methodically and carefully embraced the opportunity to become the Duke's lover. She expected to convince her husband, take advantage of his love for her, and use his admitted sexual inadequacy as justification to replace him as her lover, her pleasure, her sexual and romantic mate. Once the husband realizes and accepts the reality of the wife's thoughts and actions, he will be gutted. He won't trust her, he won't respect her, he won't even enjoy her company anymore. Why should he, she already decided to replace him. She just wanted his buy in to absolve her conscience. Selfish much?

Its OVER. The marriage is toast. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry. But the marriage is doomed.

He will constantly be thinking of this.

And divorced 2x already makes it worse.

Even her asking doomed them.

other2other1other2other1almost 2 years ago

There was a lot to get through in this story, I liked the plot, it walked up to the edge of the cliff, looked at the view then walked backwards.

He did the right thing laying it all out, and she didn't act like the slut in so many of these stories (that we all love btw) and kept moving forward with her plan.

I hope that he got the medical help (not just pills) that he needed and that they found their way through it.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Familiar theme, well executed. I like your writing style. I think my reaction would be similar to his. BUT, if my spouse came to me and said she has decided she needs/wants to fuck some other guy, well, I’ve already lost her and would not even consider continuing the marriage. For her to have spent time cozying up to some dipshit and then planning her talk tells me she has lost all respect for me and has no concern for OUR relationship. Lastly, While beating the crap out of the guy might make me feel better, it really is stupid. It won’t make her loyal to me again. It will likely land me in jail. No, revenge must be clever and mostly financial or emotional, not physical. Sorry to run on there. Enjoyed your story, please write again.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

The story was okay but to be honest I agree with your wife, this is not realistic. No woman is going to ask her husband if it would be okay to date other men like this. Unless she is a total harriden age would know damn well that he would react poorly. That she already has a guy lined up would be even worse.

If this was a hypothetical,where she said they had slowed down and wondering what to do, maybe...but even then she had to know he would say no.

The other thing is hubby is just too calm and collected, he is like Perry Mason cooly laying out his case. That gut would be in shock,feeling anger, and no way he would be this methodical.

In real life either she would fall for the sleaze and cheat, or if she was really missing sex talk to him about it to see what they could do.

And yes there have been cases where a wife or husband are really I'll and they give tacit approval to have sex with others, usually with something like MS or ALS, but that is different.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
Grow some balls man

Grow a pair

MonsieurXMonsieurXalmost 2 years ago

The story desperately needs editing. Who the hell is Lisa?

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 2 years ago

I liked it, instead of blowing up he used his head and played it like a chest game, not just the next move but several moves ahead. Maybe he should have asked Dee if her ultimate goal was to just make a permanent swap. The two of them, Dee and the Duke, could just trade in their broken partners. I'll bet in the end; his wife never had cancer and "The Duke" just wanted to put another notch on his bed.

Lessismore56Lessismore56almost 2 years ago

Very good story. Expands on the we have to talk theme. Most husband's when blindsided liked this find it difficult to say the right thing, your MC did and it saved the day. Tomorrow might be another matter, especially if the couple doesn't continue communicating, maybe even counseling. You mixed up the names which is a common beginners mistake but it didn't hurt the story, easy to figure out who you were writing about. I look forward to more of your stories. The story rates a solid 4+. I gave you a 5 just to help even out the "CUCK story gets a 1 commentors" here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"We've done nothing that wouldn't pass the spouse test". Really? This woman's grasp of reality is worryingly tenuous if she thinks that secret lunch dates with lots of flirting, stolen kisses and making plans for future trysts would pass the test of any normal spouse. She's crossed a lot of lines already yet tries to play the innocent. I'd have to think very carefully about remaining married to someone like her. A good read, though. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The wife in your story stops their relationship at 18 and almost immediately gets knocked up by another man. She's since gone through two divorces. I'm sorry but she hardly seems like a great catch to me. I could easily see someone like her having this conversation with her THIRD husband. She seems to have the morals and character of an alley cat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written. I enjoyed it

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 2 years ago

Loved the story, but admittedly the wife is just plain dumb to think that she hadn't done anything that would pass the spouse test. Plotting with someone else DOESN'T pass the spouse test. Whatever. Of course, without these "imaginary women" we wouldn't have a LW section.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

I see counseling in their future, especially her. Not sure how a spouse can justify this type of thinking. Its too bad he didnt turn the table and suggest he date as well..

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

Very good story, but I don’t think it’s real life at all. Pretty much every man I know would have been through with her right after she said she wanted to go out with other men. The end, game over. Maybe these two were more civilized than the usual couple. But as both were on their 3rd marriage you have to wonder about the reasons the previous two failed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It always occurs to me in these stories about the reversing of the male female libido, that there is little talk of faithfulness when the show was on the other foot. Rarely is there is the argument of “while you were menopausal/post both/or just not as horny as me why couldn’t I go out and have sex?”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One may think, the older you get the wiser you became. Seams the primal libido clouds the rational, too often.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It’s so very wrong to use libido as a reason. Younger men can fuck literally all day long. I had a steady girlfriend and still jacked off five times a day after pumping her with three loads. That means most young men can have two to six women in rotation all the time. Never EVER use the libido argument on men. It won’t end well. Young men sacrifice way too much to match a woman’s libido. Well, good men.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The :talk" is a well established but unrealistic cliche. People who cheat or who are about to cheat on their relationship partner would NEVER ever ask for permission. They just cheat and expect not to get caught. They've already reached the mental stage where they don't see moral issue to cheating and have already given themselves permission to cheat as their entitled right.

"I guess I fell for it."

No, the wife went looking for it. She's already given herself permission to cheat and latched onto the first younger good looking guy that showed her any interest in her. Women control the gateway to all pussy. Men don't get to fuck unless they're invited in.

If the wife's 59-60 she should be postmenopausal at this point. If she still has a libido where she thinks she needs to be out fucking younger men then most likely she's doing Hormone Replacement Therapy. Sounds like hubby needs to see a specialist in regards to his issues and get tested for low testosterone. On average, healthy males have 20 times the testosterone levels of women. Testosterone drives and maintains libido in both males and women. For most of their lives an man's libido is always going to be greater than a women's. If not then there are underlying heath issues that aren't being addressed.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Blah, blah, blah. He married a slut. Deal with it and dump her. If he can't manage that, set up a date with good looking young GFE hooker the night she's going out and make sure he goes to the same restaurant. At least that way he gets to have a laugh before he dumps her.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...