Talk at the Kitchen Table

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After my shower, I went into my study and plopped down hard in my chair. It was time to start making a list of things I would need to do. I'd been divorced twice before Dee and I found each other again, so I was old hat at the particulars. A profound sadness overcame me, thinking not only about becoming a three-time loser, but to lose something so precious to me. I began sobbing like someone had turned on a faucet.

Suddenly, after I don't know how long, I feel two arms encircle me, and Dee's face on my back. She's holding me until I get myself under control, which is several minutes.

As I sniffle and try to straighten up, she holds me tighter. "I'm so sorry baby. Please forgive my temporary madness."

I turn towards her as she breaks the embrace. I want to look into her eyes and see if she's really come to her senses.

"I was wrong. So very wrong. I was thinking about me and not about us. You were right. Duke said and did all the right things, and because of our...issues, I guess I fell for it.

I just got off the phone with him. The first thing I told him was to lose my number. I said I didn't want to go to lunch or anything else, and asked him to stop hitting on me. I apologized if I was coming onto him, or gave the wrong impression. He got angry. Said I was a tease. I reminded him, that he was the one who started with the constant compliments. I also reminded him that we work together, and I didn't want either of us to end up in HR.

Then I told him I made a mistake talking to him about you. I reminded him that I loved you, and thinking it through, I would only be hurting you by getting more involved with him. He tried to tell me that I want him, and he knows it. I told him he's wrong and to leave me alone. If you can find it in your heart, to forgive me, then I'll take you up on your offer."

"Which offer is that?" I ask for clarity.

"All of them." She smiles her best smile. Then I smile back.

Fuck you John Doe. We were going to be alright, especially after I had my little meeting with The Duke of fucking Austin. Dee made the right decision, and we'd work things out like we had for so many years.

12