Taming a Brat Pt. 06

Story Info
Kane makes plans.
2.2k words
4.52
5.7k
3
0

Part 6 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Kane's POV*

As I entered my building, I spotted Alias talking with Mrs. Shaw from accounting. I chuckled to myself, knowing she probably was asking her for directions. Mrs. Shaw was a very dry lady, and I knew she would give Alias a hard time. I fought the instinct to go over to her and offer to show her around.

You can't be her friend, Kane. She has to make it on her own so people will respect her.

I made my way up to my office, forgetting the beautiful girl lost in my lobby. I was confident in her, and I knew she would find her way around. She had my number and could text me if she needed help with anything. I didn't tell her that, but I almost hoped she would.

I entered my office and gathered up my notes for the meeting. We had a 9:30 meeting with our marketing team every morning to discuss what we can do better and where we went wrong. I hated these meetings, but I've found them to be the best way to weed out the people looking for recognition for simplicity. I grabbed my phone to let Alias know about the meeting as it had completely slipped my mind this morning. I was never forgetful, so I don't know how she managed to make me forget important things.

Alias, every morning we have a 9:30 meeting with the marketing department in the conference hall on the 16th floor. Be on time. -Kane

I wondered how she was doing as I hopped back onto the elevator, headed to the conference hall. At 9:30 precisely, everyone arrived- that is everyone except her. Not surprisingly.

I began the meeting and shoved my irritation down as I began to discuss last months numbers when I saw her auburn hair poking through the crowd of people. Our eyes locked. I could tell she was hoping I didn't notice her tardiness. I looked down at my watch, 9:33 a.m.

Did she even read my text? Did she just disregard the 'don't be late' or can she not work an elevator?

I pushed through my thoughts and continued discussing the teams downfalls. I was about to begin making suggestions on better tactics when I heard her voice shout over the crowd.

"What was the best deal someone made last month?" The crowd parted so that I could have better look at her.

I clenched my jaw to bite back a scolding and decided to introduce her instead. "Ms. Alias Star, everyone. Our new head of Marketing for our starter company project."

"Hi, everyone. I am so excited to be your new department head, and I can't wait to start implementing new ideas here, starting with these meetings!" She looked so confident in her uncalled for outburst.

I hated being interrupted though. I couldn't hide my irritation at her words.

"Is that all, Ms. Star?" I was annoyed.

"Actually, no. You didn't answer my question. What was a huge win for the department last month?"

I thought carefully whether I would play her little game or if I would scold her right here in front of everyone.

Brat.

"Sam Hanson signed a contract for one million dollars in advertising for Cario's Casino chain," I responded hoping she wouldn't say anything else.

"WOOOOO! GO SAM!" Her voice echoed through the room with enthusiasm. She had no clue who he was, yet she cheered for his accomplishment without shame. As much as I enjoyed it, I had to maintain order in my own meeting.

"Ms. Star, are you finished now?" I tried to seem irritated.

"I just have one more question for you, sir,"

I felt my heart pound at that word. Oh, if only you knew, Alias. I adjusted my tie and cleared my throat to maintain my composure. She didn't know yet, but I don't allow any of my employees- or anyone- for that matter address me as sir.

I quickly dismissed my thoughts to prevent any unnecessary suspicion.

"Yes, Ms. Star?"

"Why do you only point out the shortcomings and failed attempts as opposed to recognizing the effort put in?"

Why did she have to ask me that? I hated doing this,� but it was the only way I got the results I wanted.

She struck a nerve with her question, so I ended the meeting knowing I would be unnecessarily harsh if I continued on. She really put me in a foul mood at this point.

As everyone was exited, I saw her try to duck in with the crowd and escape her lecture for her behavior.

"Ms. Star, my office," I called to her before she could make it out of the doorway. She stopped dead in her tracks and spun on her heels to face me.

"And where might that be Mr. Rhodes?"

Right, she doesn't know where that is.

"Top floor. See you there."

I turned to talk to my associate and provide him with the remainder of notes we missed today because of Alias and asked him to include them in tomorrow's meeting. I took my time, knowing Alias would be upstairs awaiting my arrival. I have to admit, I enjoyed the thought of making her wait for me... maybe too much.

I rode the elevator up to my office, carefully planning my lecture to seem harsh enough to make her listen, but not so harsh that she sees me as a prick. She can't get special treatment, but I would have fired anyone else on the spot for an outburst like that. She is lucky I am only scolding her for now.

I tried to look as stern as possible when the doors opened and my eyes landed on her. She was slouched back in the chair, head resting on the wall with her eyes closed. Her eyelids fluttered open as soon as she heard me step off the elevator, and she looked at me expectantly. I nodded for her to follow me into my office.

"Take a seat," I told her softly.

"Yes, sir."

No, Alias. She was looking around the room, so I'm sure she didn't see the look on my face when I glared at her for continually calling me the one thing I didn't allow anyone to address me as.

"Ms. Star, maybe I haven't been clear enough with you," I wanted to be direct with her and make this as easy as possible.

"First and foremost, do not interrupt my meetings. Not ever. Questions can be asked to me directly at the end. Also, never tell me how to have my own meeting. You're the head of Marketing, not the CEO of this company. Go back to Star Marketing if you're looking for hospitality, this isn't that."

I didn't really want her to go, but I needed to know she had the want to stay here- the backbone to work� here. My employees were just like me- hardcore and cold. She would have to be tough to make it.

"Secondly, you were late to my meeting. I specifically told you not to be late and texted you with plenty of time to make it there. A text to which you have yet to reply might a I add."

That last part might have been unnecessary, but she had just told me she was going to be responding to me from now on. Doesn't keep her word, write that down somewhere.

"I was finding my office all morning, no thanks to you, so I didn't have time to check my phone. Then, I was sent to the principals office as soon as the bell rang, so my apologies for not having a chance to respond," she sarcastically replied.

"I didn't ask for an excuse, Ms. Star," I wasn't interested in hearing her banter.

"Well, ask for it or not. It wasn't my fault I was late, and you should be kinder to your employees," she retaliated.

"I don't remember hiring you to tell me how to run my company."

"You hired me to run your marketing department, and positive employer/employee relationships are an essential part of marketing. How can I speak highly of a company whose CEO only speaks negatively to his employees?"

Her honesty was brutal, I couldn't hide the fact that she hit a nerve. If she didn't like the way I run my company, she could go- no matter how badly I didn't want her too.

"Alias, you agreed to work for me. If you don't wish to continue, please hand in a written resignation and have it on my desk by the end of the day."

She seemed to be debating my words. "So what will it be?"

"I won't be quitting, Mr. Rhodes. You'll have to fire me to get rid of me."

I wouldn't fire her. If I was going to, I already would have. Relief washed over me knowing that she was stubborn enough to not quit. I liked that, she was determined despite any obstacles.

"Continue to cause disruptions, and I will have no choice. Are you going to keep breaking rules, Alias?" I smiled smugly.

She leaned forward on my desk, propping up her elbows on the edge. She looked at me with the best fake puppy dog eyes I have ever seen. I tried to ignore how adorable she looked.

"No, sir," she pleaded with me.

Goddamn it, Alias. I tried to bite back my instincts, but she definitely knew how to get under my skin. I decided to let her know my rule.

"Lastly, do not ever call me sir. Understood?"

She could not call me Sir. I don't allow anyone to call me sir.

"Why?" she asked me, genuinely curious. I debated for a moment how to respond to her before deciding to keep my reasons to myself.

"Don't," I chuckled, but I was serious.

"You're dismissed," I smiled lightly and waved my hand toward the door.

I glanced up at her as she stopped in the doorway and turned around with a shit eating grin.

"Yes, sir," she taunted me, slamming my door shut and undoubtedly hopping on the elevator as fast as she could.

I fought the urge to chase after her and teach her a real lesson on disobedience. I couldn't help myself and allowed my imagination to wander. I envisioned her kneeling at my feet, looking up at me with those puppy dog eyes from earlier. Hands bound in front of her while she pleads for my forgiveness.

"I'm so, so sorry, Sir," she begged me.

"You keep breaking rules, Alias. You must be punished."

"I'll be a good girl for you, Sir, I promise," she continued to bargain with me.

"Sorry, Princess. You can't get out of this one."

What am I doing? Snap out of it, Kane. It's strictly professional with Alias, and that is all it will ever be! She probably has no clue about my lifestyle, I could never play with her.

I snapped myself out of my day dream and groaned as reality hit me that I was fantasizing about a girl who halfway despised me. A girl who would be afraid of me. A stubborn brat incapable of submitting to me without a doubt. I have to stop thinking about her, even if that means being cold towards her until I can dissolve whatever feelings I think I might have.

I went back to my work, trying to distract myself from my protruding thoughts when I heard my phone ding.

Alias: Hey grumpy, where is the cafeteria?

Of course it was her, just me luck. Grumpy? I am not grumpy. I rolled my eyes before responding.

Kane: Fourth floor, brat.

Alias: I'm not a brat, Sir.

Kane: Alias, I told you not to call me that.

Alias: I know, but if I'm going to follow all of your rules, then I get to break one. This one. Sir. ;)

Kane: Stop. This is not the rule you can break.

Alias: Then what rule can I break, Sir?

She was taunting me at this point. How was I going to explain to her why she absolutely can not call me that? Fuck it, I'll show her. She'll run for the hills, but if she wanted to know so badly, I'll show her. I just needed to do this the right way to avoid a potential PR nightmare.

Kane: What are your plans Friday?

Alias: Obviously work.

Kane: After work.

Alias: No plans, why? Wanna take me to dinner for being so mean to me today?

I could hear her giggle through the phone.

Kane: No, I want to show you something.

Alias: Sure thing, see you Friday night. What should I wear?

Shit. I definitely didn't think this all the way through. I knew she wouldn't have the right attire, and I didn't want her to go out and buy anything for one night.

Kane: I'll send an outfit to your apartment.

Alias: Ooh, fancy. I look forward to seeing what you've picked out.

Somehow, I doubt that.

Kane: I'll pick you up at 8:30.

Alias: 8:33?

I knew she was toying with me. Little do you know, Alias, little do you know. Friday would answer all of her questions about me. She will either realize she should respect me and my rules, or she will pack up her office and never speak to me again. It was a risk I was willing to take to put her in her place.

Until Friday, Alias.