Taming a Brat Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kane turned to look at me as he started to speak, but then stopped himself. I knew he wanted an explanation, but I really didn't feel like pouring my deepest trauma out to him. I turned my head toward the window and an uncomfortable silence fell between us until we arrived at Kane's building.

Kane helped me out of the car and placed his arm around my waist, to which I actually appreciated. He nodded goodbye to Damion before escorting me inside. Despite the commotion, I was still a little drunk and my feet were killing me. We rode the elevator up to the penthouse in silence. When the doors opened, I immediately collapsed onto the sofa and began pulling off my shoes. Kane went to the bedroom without a word and returned with a t-shirt and some boxers. He handed them to me gently as he took a seat beside me. He seemed to be deep in thought, so I walked around to the bedroom where I saw him go so that I could change.

Kane's bedroom was extravagant. He had windows from the ceiling to the floor with black and gold curtains blocking the blinding city lights from entering. Black and gold accents filled the room which seemed pretty fitting for him. I quickly changed and let out a deep sigh before returning back to the living room. Kane hadn't moved and inch from where I left him, still deep in thought. I plopped down beside him and waited for the flood of questions, but they never came.

"Thank you for coming," I said quietly.

"Why did you ask me to send Damion to pick you up?" He asked, hints of anger lingered in his voice.

"I needed a ride," I explained.

"How would you have gotten outside to him?" He asked, still angry.

"When I texted, I didn't know he had seen me," I almost whispered.

Kane looked at me sympathetically. I dropped my head. I'm no damsel in distress, but with Ashton, I was a fragile piece of glass. I hated how he made me feel that way, and I hated for people to look at me with the 'I'm so sorry' eyes. That was exactly how Kane was looking at me now.

"I want to ask a lot of things, but I won't. If you want to talk about it, we can," Kane said kindly. I felt my shoulders relax knowing I wouldn't be forced to talk if I didn't have too.

"How about a glass of wine?" I asked hoping to get drunk enough to just pass out and forget this night entirely.

"How about a glass of water?" Kane responded. I followed with a groan knowing it's what I need, but not what I want. Kane got up to make the glass of water when I decided I would tell him pieces of the story. As my employer, he did need to know the potential danger I might be in. I prayed Ashton wouldn't show up at Rhodes Inc., but he never failed to surprise me before. Kane came back to the sofa and took a seat.

"I'd like to talk," I stated, trying to bravely face putting the terrible story into words.

"I'd like to listen," he smiled lightly letting me know I could begin whenever I was ready. It took a moment to find the words, but soon I began telling him about Ashton.

"When I graduated business school, I took a job as an entry level marketer. Ashton was a senior marketer at the company, and we began spending a lot of time together as he became my mentor. You know how the rest of the story goes," I explained. Kane nodded signaling he understood.

"We dated for a little over a year when I started to notice how bad his temper was. He became very controlling over me, where I went, what I wore, who I was with. He even tried to get me to fire Sarah at one point, claiming she was turning me against him. When I didn't listen to his demands..." I started to lose my voice.

Kane looked concerned and placed his hand on my back for support. I leaned into his touch as I recalled my previous relationship.

"He took his anger out on me. He hurt me. Crazy enough, I made excuses for him," I dropped my head. Kane tensed at my words.

"I tried running, but he always found me. He'd come and whisper sweet lies to me until I forgave him and I came back time after time. That is, until I finally saw him for what he really was after one night things went too far. I had confronted him about another woman. I packed my things the next day while he was at work and left. I bought an apartment after a few months of hotel jumping under a fake name that was supposed to be extremely secured," I shot Kane a glance, hinting at how he managed to get past the 'super secure' front desk. He smiled lightly, but I could tell he was bothered.

"He either didn't look for me, or he decided to let me go because he never showed back up after I left. I never heard from him or about him, that is until tonight. I thought this part of my life was way behind me," my voice cracked on my last few words.

"Alias, you don't have to worry," Kane rubbed my back soothingly, "He will never hurt you again. I'll see to that."

I felt panic creep up as I processed what he was saying. "Kane, you cannot go to the police, his dad is a cop," I pleaded.

"You just don't worry about it. Now, where are you going to stay until we figure this out?" He asked me compassionately.

"We? I only told you in case he shows up at the office," I scrunched my face up. This wasn't Kane's problem. Not unless Ashton came to Rhodes Inc.

"Yes, we, Alias. That's not up for debate. Now where are you staying?" He repeated.

I thought for a moment. I couldn't get a hotel, at least not in my own name. I didn't particularly want to stay alone. I didn't particularly want to stay here. It wasn't safe for me to stay with Sarah in case he did find her hotel room. I sighed realizing I didn't have many options.

"So, I'm assuming that means here?" Kane asked. I nodded my head regretfully as I agreed.

"I don't have to stay here, Alias. I can leave anytime," Kane stated.

"Leave your own house? I won't ask you to do that," I smiled in appreciation at his effort to make me comfortable.

"I know you probably don't want to be around me," he stated.

"I do and I don't," I rolled my eyes with a slight smile, "Right now, I do."

"Just not when I'm a brat, huh?" He joked. My jaw dropped.

"Did the Kane Rhodes just admit he was a brat?" I giggled.

"Yeah, yeah. Once in a lifetime thing, don't expect to hear it again. I did some thinking on what you said," he explained with a sly smile.

"Really now?" I smirked at him. I figured he decided I wasn't worth his time and forgot me the night I left here.

"I spent all week thinking about what you said. I wanted to grab a drink with you and apologize, but..." He raised an eyebrow referring to the fiasco that was tonight. My heart fluttered a little as I realized maybe I assumed the worst of him.

"So, you wanted to tell me I was right. You're the brat, not me?" I joked.

"I wanted to tell you we were both brats," he rolled his eyes, "But in our own ways. I'm a demanding, controlling brat. And you, Alias, you are a rebellious, one of a kind brat," he smiled at me.

"And how exactly am I a brat?" I asked seriously as I shot him a sideways glance.

"You have an attitude that is utterly unmatched. You do what you want with no regard to anyone's rules. You shape your own idea of what things should be despite what they actually are," he explained.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but he wasn't wrong. I spent most of my life conforming to everyone else's ideals. I decided I would never do that again. Call it rebellious, selfish, or whatever you want.

"But, you are the kind of brat I could learn a thing or two from. Your blatant disregard for my no socializing rule resulted in much happier employees and much better work. I'd appreciate your input with the other departments as well," he continued.

"Are you complimenting me or insulting me?" I laughed, "I'd be glad to give you my opinions."

"Oh, I'm sure you would," He chuckled, "But for tonight, how about pizza and a movie?"

I could have cried. My stomach answered for me with a loud rumble to which Kane burst out laughing.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He pulled his phone out to place the order.

"It's a million yeses," I beamed.

"Pick the movie while I order," he handed me the remote.

"Okay, but I am picking so sorry if you don't like it!" I sat up straight, knowing exactly what movie I wanted to watch.

"Just know horror movies, please," he joked. I laughed at the request, horror movies are my favorite.

____________________________________

The pizza arrived, and I did in fact choose a horror movie. Every time Kane complained, I reminded him that he was a brat. He was not thrilled, but he eventually caved and let me turn the movie on.

I realized about halfway through the movie why he requested no horror movies. He jumped at literally everything, even when the music got suspenseful. I started to think he might be putting on a bit to make me laugh, but I appreciated it nonetheless. Kane was actually pretty decent company once he puts his pride to the side. Despite everything, he was looking after me even though it wasn't his place. I leaned over onto his shoulder and rested my head. He instinctively put his arm around me and gave a caring squeeze, his eyes remained glued to the massacre on the TV screen. I took the chance to look at him and actually study his face. We hadn't been this close since he kissed me at the club. I was studying his perfectly cut jawline when I realized his eyes had moved from the movie to me.

"Alias?" I could see him raise his eyebrow at me through the flickers of light from the TV.

"Yes?" I played dumb, knowing he caught me staring.

He smiled lightly and shook his head before pulling me into him, his hand rested on the outside of my thigh. I nuzzled into his side and threw my arm around his waist. I probably shouldn't be cuddling with him, but I wanted too. I wanted the comfort, I wanted Kane's comfort. A thought crossed my mind, and I buried my face in Kane's chest as I tried to shove it away.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Kane asked sincerely.

I debated for a moment whether or not I'd tell him or keep it to myself. I thought on what Sarah said, and it was hard to deny myself what I wanted, at least wanted to try. Kane's words rang through my ears, "Ask for what you want, Alias."

"Can I go back to the club with you?" I blurted. I know, probably bad timing. I felt like it would help me feel better though. Discovering a new side of myself seems much better than reliving my past, and Kane was the only person I knew who could help me do just that. Even if he didn't want to be my Dom or my teacher, hopefully he could at least point me in the right direction.

"What?" He finally spoke, clearly taken off guard by my question.

"I want to go back, will you take me?" I asked again. I looked up at him to try to read his expression, but he just seemed to be processing what I asked.

"You don't have to be my Dom or my anything honestly. Well, maybe my friend... who doesn't let me get into a bad situation or involved with a Dom who doesn't fit me. I guess I'm asking you to help introduce me around so I can explore-.." I continued.

"No," he said plainly. He seemed to become frustrated with me, but he already made it clear he wouldn't be anything but my boss. I sat up to be able to look at him better.

"And why not?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No, I won't introduce you around to a bunch of Doms. Yes, I will introduce you to other subs," he explained.

I thought I might have heard a bit of jealousy in his tone. A devilish idea came to mind and I couldn't help myself. I poked my bottom lip out and started to pout.

"But Kane, how will I ever find a Dom if you don't introduce me to some?" I batted my eyes at him. His jaw clenched and I could tell he was definitely jealous. I bit back the smirk that was trying to creep up on my face.

"Alias, I am not going to introduce you to any other Doms. I'm sorry, but I won't," he stated.

"But why not?" I crossed my arms in full pout mode now.

"Because I just won't," he was becoming more frustrated by the minute. I knew where this was going, but I wasn't planning on stopping until he said what I wanted him to say.

"How am I supposed to learn to be a sub without a Dom?" I asked seriously, bottom lip still poking out.

"You can meet one for yourself, but I won't be introducing you," he rolled his eyes and let out a huff.

"Why? Surely you know some good ones for me?" I smiled and batted my eyes at him.

"I'm a good one for you, Alias. That's why," he almost yelled in frustration. My smile turned to a wicked smirk as he took my bait.

"I thought you didn't want-.." I started, but he cut me off.

"I didn't want too at first. I didn't want to make things complicated between us at work, but that happened anyway. So, we could try. That is if you wanted, of course. I want you to be able to be comfortable while you explore your boundaries. Just tell me what you want, Alias," he said softly, yet sternly.

"I want you, Kane. I want you to be my Dom, at least for a little while until I figure out what I'm doing," I blushed a little as I admitted my thoughts. Truth was, I didn't want to meet anyone else- at least, not until I was at least a little experienced. With Kane, he already knew I was clueless, so I would be most comfortable starting out with him.

"Only for a little while?" He smirked at me.

"Well, who knows how long," I blushed a bit harder, causing him to chuckle. I didn't plan long term, but I don't know how long it takes to be considered a novice. Not to mention, my contract with Rhodes Inc. ends in 6 months, who knows what will happen by then.

"Let's finish talking tomorrow, it's getting late. I can sleep here if you would like to take the bed," he smiled lightly at me.

"I'll sleep here," I grinned, hoping he'd stay here too. I hadn't slept beside anyone in years, and I truly didn't want to sleep alone tonight. Cuddling never hurt anybody, right?

"Okay, I'll take the bed-.."

"Or you could sleep here too?" I smiled lightly at him.

He smiled back at me before laying back on the sofa and raising an arm, inviting me to lay down beside him. I squeezed in the opening between him and the sofa cushions and wrapped my arm around his torso. He laid his hand on my back and began lightly running his fingers up and down my spine. I shivered slightly at his gentle touch before sinking into a deep, deep sleep.

12