All Comments on 'Tell Me No Lies'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Those are the type of lies I'd want to hear all the time!

5

ChopinesqueChopinesque10 months ago

Beautiful story, well written, not lying.

CagivagurlCagivagurl10 months ago

5 wonderful stars, for a 5 star story.

Cagivagurl

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight10 months ago

Nice romantic LW story! Well done.

KinPAKinPA10 months ago

Wonderful story with great and human characters.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb5110 months ago

Great Job Randi, Loved it

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodger10 months ago

Normally l would write a Sonnet, Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? However l need to yeet my old ass to work. Great story as always....

MigbirdMigbird10 months ago

Simply perfect opening scene — perfect for the theme and more, so revealing of what you share of your two main characters and their relationship. As a near hopeless romantic does not get much better.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Not that it had much to do with the actual story but, I'm glad the BBQ sauce on the tiddies got explained 😁

Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story.

Wonderman1Wonderman110 months ago

Spectacular story and a wonderful true Loving wife.

TechumsahTechumsah10 months ago

Great story and angle, loved it.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

A nice little love story where the heart knows what it wants. Very good. 5 stars

stev2244stev224410 months ago

That was a sweet romance with a truly loving wife. 5*

SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Great story! A definite 5!

amyyumamyyum10 months ago

Really sweet Randi; despite that (ha, ha) It was worth 5* to me. (smile)

linnearlinnear10 months ago

Always a pleasure reading one of your stories, no matter how long or short it is.

KahunabobKahunabob10 months ago

Wait. An actual loving wives story about, you know, a loving wife? Huh. Go figure. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop the whole time. Nice plot twist. Fun read. :)

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

A very good love story and a quality ending for certain. 5 stars

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit10 months ago

Awesome… What a cool way to take the theme and turn it on its head and spin it. Well done.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief10 months ago

Almost holding my breath not wanting things to go to shit for them. Everything was going along almost too good and that's when bad things happen in most stories, but not this time. Well done.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff10 months ago

This, my dear Randi, sort of shocked me. I wasn't sure where this was headed, but your mastery of a complex issue made this story shine. I guess Deb and I should expect nothing less from your talented mind. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brilliant. Made me fall in love with them. Imposter syndrome is a fucking bitch.

RubiconXRubiconX10 months ago

Such a pleasure to be in the hands of a master of the craft. The sureness, the clarity, the genuine well-earned emotion, the beauty of the relationships among these well-conceived characters… whew. Thank you!

GroundrodGroundrod10 months ago

Wow! Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Love blackrandi!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You write so well that the characters become real. Great story, *****

Jalibar62Jalibar6210 months ago

Talk about an opening line! Lol.

RukkertRukkert10 months ago

Always love your stories, 👍

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not sure how these stories are judged, but having read them all, these are the folks whom I most like as friends and neighbors. Best story in ages!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wonderful twist on the lie to me motif, so far its been my favorite story out of my favorite writers! I love stories where there's a miscommunication between couples that lead to challenging adversities as opposed to infidelity. I believe a couples can come back from everything except infidelity. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Different take on a lie. Guess there are some that are worth it. 99.9% are not! 5

des911des91110 months ago

Nicely twisted away from what we expected. Well done. Enjoyable and warm. Just nice. Thank you

demanderdemander10 months ago

I really liked this. D

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

Throughout literary history, several plays and books have become famous for their opening line; "They call me Ishmael," "'He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream," "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," "Now is the winter of our discontent," but none can compare to "There I stood, barbecue sauce on my titties," I predict it will go down in the annals of literary genius. Once again, Blackrandil1958 entertains us with a great story. 5 big stars.

TnicollTnicoll10 months ago

Outstanding Randi! I agree with Laptopwriter, what a great opening line. And now for something completely different.

Craig1878Craig187810 months ago

Yes how can you not read this story after that opening line? Given the tittle I was bracing myself for a heart break that never came. Well done Randi. Thank you for another enjoyable story. Five stars goes with saying. Ooops I said it anyway.....

Hooked1957Hooked195710 months ago

Huh? A Loving Wives story about a loving wife? Ridiculous. Well done. You carried that one off really well.

Hooked

Billyboy1953Billyboy195310 months ago

One of my favorite writers on this site.

Well done with the plot twist there Randi. 5⭐️

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar10 months ago

I'm envious of Laptopwriter's post. It's perfect, as was this story's opening. 5* from me.

pepepilotpepepilot10 months ago

I have to agree with all of the comments I read. BUT, I was impressed with the story's honesty and that it was not run-of-the-mill BS as we see all the time. Great job again Randl!

Omart57Omart5710 months ago

Great story, Randi! Loved it! Thank You, for all your stories!

njlaurennjlauren10 months ago

Great story, this one feels real and is special because of it.

IJS0904IJS090410 months ago

This story felt real. Your characters felt alive to me and I loved your take on telling lies. The last thing she was going to do was give up on him. This is an uplifting love story and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox10 months ago

Thank you so much Randi, your story as always just rocks!!!

AccelarVesterAccelarVester10 months ago

A wonderful love story. Thank you!

5*

FD45FD4510 months ago

Not sure what to think of this one.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Cute with a really good life lesson at the heart of it all - 4.7*

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDiesel10 months ago

For the most part, I like the story. Maybe it's a byproduct of getting old that I didn't understand some of the younger terminology and phrases. It's difficult when my brain looks at a collection of letters wondering if it's a typo or a word and interrupts the story flow. On another note, where do I sign up to buy a batch of ribs?

LarrynDallasLarrynDallas10 months ago

Heartwarming. Excellent as usual from this author.

6King6King10 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pathn0tTak3nPathn0tTak3n10 months ago

In retrospect the theme is common and, was announced at the beginning of the story. But, was masterfully revealed. Well done miss Randy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I have definite standards for giving a 5. This story didn't quite make one of them. I give a 5 anyway. I can't help it.

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

That was a very good story which took an unexpected and delightful turn. 5* tale.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith10 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ great story and lesson.

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Great twist on the "lie" word, and a delightful story. 5*.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Such a sweet story! Thanks Randi

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Strange story... difficult to read, at least for me... sorry... :-(

ohioohio10 months ago

Very sweet, and beautifully written. How does a guy named Sheldon get that lucky? Or is karma making it up to him for being named Sheldon? The way you tell the story, it's more than worth it!

Thanks, ohio

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

Cute, she was there to give her man the confidence boost he needed, like a perfect spouse. It's a two-way street, of course, and a good lesson for all of us. Thanks, BR58

arrowglassarrowglass10 months ago
Nice way to end it...with a twist!

I expected no less...and really enjoyed it!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster110 months ago

It's a "5", of course !

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a BlackRandi tale that wasn't.

Gotta love the love in this story between the two main characters...

...the kids were a plus with their love.

Great story...no lie !

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It is by Blackrandi. What can it be but a 5!

Sumnut96Sumnut9610 months ago

SURPRISE SURPRISE! A loving wife that actually loves her husband. And here i didn't think they existed in this genre. Well written and paced. 5 stars

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Lovely romance story, done in your inimitable style. A slice of human life, the sort of story you excel in writing and excel in bringing your along in the journey.

Well done, 5/5, all the way

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"Tiddies?" Do you mean tits?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Lots of authors write stories, some quite good, but Randi is one of the few that make me feel as though I’m a fly on the wall watching people’s lives unfold. They are certainly people I don’t know, but they do seem so real. That’s a rare talent!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I love this story. Give awesome stars for a job well accomplished. Not a traitorous spouse in sight, either. Big thanks!

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow loved that and that’s the sort of wife we could only wish we had. Envious of Sheldon here.

And some very valid points made too

4bk554bk5510 months ago

Fantastic!!!! All 5stars

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

Wow, what an awesome LW story! Thanks so much for this story! 5/5

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

I’m not nearly as eloquent as LTW, but I enjoyed your real Loving Wife story just as much. After four stories read, this looks like one of your best invitationals yet.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very nice

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Honestly….I kept waiting for her to comment to herself that as much as she loved hubby, that hard body intern at her work was necessary to take her places Hubby couldn’t 😎

.

But instead, she was a true loving wife. Apparently 😎

.

Look, I know I’m one of those unwashed anons and everything, but may I take a moment to express my extreme gratitude for EVERYTHING you seem to do to provide, promote, encourage, and facilitate quality writing at this site? This latest writers’ invitational is a perfect example of that — a small bevy of quality stories today that entertained, and eve at times educated a bit. Thank you!

.

5 *****

Harryin VAHarryin VA10 months ago

Fabulous. Simply Fabulous

KiwihunterKiwihunter10 months ago

Wow Randi. Just wow. What this old man would do for a love like that. Absolutely amazing 👏

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson10 months ago

Beautiful story and thanks for sponsoring this event, it's been awesome!

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove10 months ago

You can write true love with the best of them, you surpass them because you mean it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Pointless

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow. That was wonderful. Thank you.

amygdalaamygdala10 months ago

This was a nice slice of life. I think many of us has been in a similar position as no man/person is an island on to themself. We all need that safe harbor where we can let our guard down and be vulnerable for a little bit.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow, this one's a treasure. So well done. Thank you. Easy 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Aw, Randi, we heard nothing but the truth from you for the last, say 6 years!

Well done, with bells, whistles and lights going bonkers.

rdcyclistrdcyclist10 months ago

You win BR. Best story here. By far...

Storm113Storm11310 months ago

Good, really good. 5☆

BillandKateBillandKate10 months ago

You marry a woman who is almost a decade younger than you and is totally out of your league. Then she turns around and tells you how lucky she is to be your wife, friend and lover - that's when you know that it can't get any better than this.

Great romantic tale. Easy 5 stars.

dmallorddmallord10 months ago

That right there is a real love story. Thanks for the lighthearted read.

GerMagGerMag10 months ago

Yep a really easy 5 star. Thank you for this refreshing, good feeling story. A great and easy read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
Ah thanks!

Another Great story! Thanks! DerMtMan

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
I

Really enjoy a nice noncheating happy story thank you so much.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove10 months ago

Thank you for a slice of life and a life affirming philosophy; fierce and loving

straightshooter1958straightshooter195810 months ago

Delightful. Thank you!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire10 months ago

Great job, Randi, with excellent misdirection and a very good outcome as a result. Sheldon’s confidence was an issue but I love her response and the last line. Thanks for hosting another excellent event.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Exceptionally nice twist on the challenge. Enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story, thoroughly enjoyed it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...