Temper Temper

Story Info
A wife's fiery anger sets her marriage aflame.
15.8k words
3.76
28.1k
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KBLake
KBLake
141 Followers

Grant and Angie are two supporting characters who appear in another series of stories I'm working on. This started as an explanation of what happened between them, and I soon realized it needed to be told on its own. I hope you enjoy reading it. Please vote and comment!

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this story are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.


Grant winced and hung up the phone. Angie had just sounded a little off, maybe a little colder. And who could blame her, this damn project had been forcing him to work late more often than not, but not in a way he could plan on it. He couldn't believe how much he loved his fiery, beautiful, little wife. And she had been so damn patient...at first. It pained him that right now his work-life balance was a laugh, and that they were suffering for it...she was suffering for it. He'd explained to her that he hoped it would lead to a promotion, and at first, she understood. Then after a few weeks, she'd begun saying he didn't need the promotion. Now she wasn't saying much of anything.

He knew he came home tired and stressed, which meant that not only did they have less time together, but she also had to deal with him in a bad mood more often than not. What made it even worse was Kelly. Kelly Dyson was assigned to work on this project with him. She was from procurement, and they would play a significant role in the success of the task he'd been assigned.

She was fresh out of college and six years younger than him at twenty-two. She was bright; bright enough to have been put on this project when they normally would have given it to someone with more experience. There were two more things about Kelly, at five foot seven, blonde, and curvy, she was extremely attractive. She was also too interested in him.

She had shown signs right away, over two months ago. Grant wasn't vain, but he knew he was good looking, six feet tall, took care of himself, and had wavy, brown hair that he hated but women seemed to like. So, he'd seen this before. But he had never had a woman just keep trying. It had started with her flirting, then, despite him not responding, she had progressed to touching him, nothing that seemed inappropriate at first, but now it seemed like she always found a reason to have a hand on his shoulder, arm or back. She had even grabbed his knee once, but his surprised flinch had made her withdraw her hand.

Grant did think once that he should tell Angie about it, but she had a temper, and he was afraid she'd flip out, or possibly make a scene and cause issues for him here. Besides, he was a guy, guys weren't supposed to be intimidated by women, they were supposed to want this kind of attention, or so he'd been brought up to believe. So, although he didn't encourage her, he didn't do much to dissuade her either. And he never told Angie.

Another thing that bothered him was that there was a part of him that admitted this might not result in a promotion, or the money that would come with it. He knew he'd never get the time he missed with Angie back, but he would try his damndest to make it up to her!


Angie wasn't happy. Not as happy as she had been when she'd met Grant five years ago. He had done everything in his power to win her heart. Her family had been convinced he was the one before she was! He treated her like gold and even handled her temper easily, helping to diffuse it more often than not.

Angie's grandparents had moved to Houston years ago from South Florida, and before that, they had lived in Puerto Rico where they had been born. Her mother had married a local, but Angie's Latina heritage came through strongly. Her skin had a perpetually tanned appearance, and when she actually tanned it got even darker. Her big eyes were so deep brown they looked black, and her hair was mahogany brown and showed streaks of auburn when she got a lot of sun. She was five foot two, slender, and had small, firm breasts.

But Angie saw the tall Texas blondes and envied their big tits, big hair, bubble butts and big boyfriends. She knew she was stretching the truth. There were people of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds in Houston, but she made the perception her reality.

Then Grant came up to her in college one day and started talking. For some reason, she couldn't get it through her head that he was serious about her. It wasn't that she didn't get dates; she'd had plenty, and even a couple serious boyfriends since high school. But for some reason, he fell into her mythology and couldn't possibly be interested in a non-blonde, non-cheerleader type.

But he made her deliriously happy, and eventually she returned the favor when she agreed to marry him. He got a job in production at an oil company, and she used her business degree to get a job in a chain coffee shop's regional headquarters. It didn't seem like much, but she knew there would be chances to move up.

Four years had gone by, and they had a good life, and a good marriage. They did everything together and had a fun circle of friends. All that had changed a couple of months ago. He had been excited about a project he'd been assigned to lead. The prospect of a promotion was good news for them and the first week, he'd only had one late night.

Now he was working late every night, and the last two weekends as well. When he was home, he was tired and grumpy. He kept telling her it would be over soon, but she no longer believed it. If this was how it was going to be, she didn't want him getting the position. They hadn't been out with friends in eight weeks, they hadn't even gotten an invitation in the last two. She lost her cool a couple of times, but still he worked.


Grant was feeling punch-drunk. He was so tired, but so close to finishing the proposal! He tried to explain to Angie that this may be the last week of late nights, but she had just rolled her eyes at him. He didn't blame her, he'd stupidly promised that in the past to try to avoid arguments, even though he knew it wasn't true at the time.

As happy as he was that he'd soon be spending more time with his wife, he was equally glad he'd be rid of Kelly's never-ending attempts at seduction. They'd seemed to pick up this week as if she knew she'd miss her chance once the proposal was done. Her attempts this past month had been difficult to ignore. It seemed like every time he turned around there she was, bending over, short skirt riding up to show the top of thigh-highs, or leaning over his desk, with breasts almost popping out her bra, visible in her loose low-cut blouse.

To make it worse, Angie and he hadn't made love in about three weeks. They had enjoyed a great sex life, both having healthy libidos, but they'd both stopped trying to initiate sex; her out of anger, him out of exhaustion. Kelly had noticed the tension and had startled him a couple of weeks ago by trying to massage his shoulders. He'd shrugged it off a couple of times, but she kept trying and eventually he gave up. He was tense after all; and it felt great. No harm, no foul, right?


Angie hung up after talking with her mother. She'd inherited her temper from her but had just learned that she still couldn't hold a candle to her mom when it came to giving someone a piece of their mind. She was still a little wide-eyed in shock. She had called complaining about Grant and his precious project and her mother cut her off, telling her to stop whining and be a wife. That she was being selfish and should put herself in his shoes, that he was doing this for them to have a better future.

Angie didn't agree with all of that, but it did make her feel a little bad about how things had gotten between them. She knew she had done her part to make things worse, and decided to make it up to him tonight when he got home. But he'd be tired, so maybe there was something else she could do.

Then she had it! She'd go to their favorite barbeque joint and bring him supper. They could even eat together! She knew that Kelly person was there, but hopefully, she'd give them a few minutes to enjoy the food alone. She looked at the clock and realized there was time. So, she called in the order and left.


Angie walked through the main entrance into the lobby. The oil industry was big in Texas, and it ran twenty-four seven, so there were some shift workers in operations, monitoring things at external sites. Even though the lobby was open, at night you had to check in with security. Luckily, the guard knew her and smiled and waved her through.

Angie took the elevator up, the smell of the food becoming more intense in the enclosed space. Once she got to his floor she exited and set off in the direction of his office. The lights in the hall were mostly off, just one fixture in ten being on for safety. No one would be here this time of the evening except Grant and Kelly. She saw the glow of light coming from his office area. He worked in a small section that had a work area and whiteboard as you entered the door. There were windows into the hall making it viewable to anyone walking by. Grant had one of four offices off that area.

Angie walked up and went to grab the handle. As she did, she looked past the worktable to Grant's open office door. Kelly was standing behind him, he was typing away and looking at his screen. Just as she started to turn the handle, she saw Kelly grasp, and slowly pull her dress off over her head.

Angie's mouth dropped open.

Kelly was wearing heels and thigh-highs, no panties, and no bra. Angie saw those big breasts topped with hard pink nipples and she suddenly felt inadequate, all of her insecurities about her petite build coming back from where she had banished them. Then Kelly reached forward and started massaging Grant's shoulders, Angie could see him close his eyes in pleasure and her blood began to boil.

She spun around and stormed off to the elevator, slamming the food into a trash can on the way. Once down to the lobby, she practically ran out, ignoring the guard as tears of frustration, pain and rage coursed down her cheeks.


Grant felt Kelly's hands on his shoulders. He closed his eyes in anger. 'Now?' he thought. They were fifteen minutes away from submitting and she was going to try and distract him again. He pulled away and spun to face her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he hissed, seeing her naked form.

"Put your clothes on! I am done with this crap! I've tried to be nice about this, but you don't seem to get the message. I'm married! Happily married! I'm not interested in having an affair with you, or anyone else!"

Kelly paled, and without a word, picked up her dress, put it on, and stalked out. Grant was so wound up, he paced for a couple minutes after she left. He had let this go way too far! He finally remembered he only had a couple edits left to make. So, he sat down, finished them, and submitted the proposal to his boss for review. Done!

Grant grabbed his coat and walked out of his office into the hall. Looking at his watch he realized this would be the earliest he'd been home in weeks! When he arrived at the elevator, he hit the button to call it and realized he could clearly smell barbeque coming from the trash can. That was odd. The cleaning crew had already come and gone. He shrugged and figured they must have missed one.


Angie barely remembered driving home other than having to take her foot off the gas a couple of times after realizing she was speeding. Her tears had dried up, and she was almost shaking with anger. How could he! Many unpleasant names and just general poor language flew from her mouth after she slammed the door upon entering from the garage.

She needed to break something! She decided to leave and then yelled,

"Fuck that! HE can leave!"

She went up into the master bedroom and tried to figure out where to start. Should she pack his stuff and put it outside? Or maybe just throw it out on the lawn? Why even lift a finger? Maybe she'd make him do the work! Her anger and indecision kept her from doing anything other than fume for the next thirty minutes.

Suddenly, she saw the flash of headlights through the upstairs window and realized Grant was pulling into the garage! She thought fast and did something she'd never done before. With great effort, she pushed her anger aside, took a deep breath and went into the bathroom as she heard the garage door closing. Looking in the mirror, she made sure she looked okay. Thankfully, she'd finished crying an hour ago. A cold smile slowly grew on her face.

Angie was going to get even.

Grant came through the door and put his briefcase down on the entry bench.

"Angie, I'm home!" he called with some volume, not knowing where she was.

As he walked into the kitchen, he heard her coming down the stairs. She entered and Grant inwardly sighed seeing her flat look.

"You're early."

"Well, technically I'm late. But that was it, Sugar! I submitted the proposal. No more late nights! Well, there may be one next week when it gets presented to the board."

Angie just turned and walked out of the kitchen, no smile. Grant audibly sighed this time. He didn't blame her, but he was hoping the news would put them back to where they'd been. He now knew it was going to take some work.


It had been so hard to act like she didn't know anything about him fucking that bimbo! It took all her will to make herself sleep in the same bed. When he'd tried to initiate sex for the first time in nearly a month, she'd rolled over and claimed she was on her period. She heard him sigh and then after a while he was asleep.

She couldn't seem to be able to do the same. All she could see when she closed her eyes was that perfect blonde with her big firm tits, round ass, and long legs. She could see her laying on her back on his desk; thigh-high covered legs wrapped around his back, heels pointing up as Grant's cock pumped in and out of her, making her tits jiggle, hard nipples tracing circles in the air while she was screaming his name.

She woke up, panting, not realizing she'd fallen asleep. She realized she was aroused...wet! What the hell was wrong with her? Damn him!


The next morning, Angie was downstairs drinking coffee and plotting.

He was still sleeping, which didn't surprise her, he'd been sleeping in most weekends and then heading into the office. She had already decided to play on her lie about her cycle and claim cramps to get out of anything this weekend.

She thought about it and felt like if she kicked him out, or she left, he would have won somehow. It wasn't enough. She wanted him to hurt just like she was. Her anger was back in full swing this morning and she embraced it like an old friend. It had banished those weird sexy thoughts and dreams she'd experienced and helped her focus.

Her plan was simple on the surface. She was going to let someone fuck her and make sure he saw it. The problem was she didn't know who, or how to time it. She realized she had to put up with him while she figured out the details.


Grant was at wits end with Angie. Nothing seemed to be able to put a smile on her face. All weekend she stayed in the bedroom, laying on the bed, claiming her PMS was flaring. He was worried because it had never bothered her this much before. After he tried for the third time that Saturday to offer help, she told him to go golf or something. So, he did.

Sunday was no better. He wanted his wife back. Damn it, he was here all weekend! His project was over!

Monday, she at least got up to go to work. She had not warmed up at all and Grant decided he'd have to order flowers and plan something special soon. At noon, his boss called him in and gave him the good news. They loved his proposal and the CEO had decided to put it in front of the board this Wednesday evening! And they wanted him to present it. His boss told him the promotion was in the bag and it would be made official next pay period. They were positive the board would approve it.

Grant came through the door that night and gave Angie the good news, and for the first time in a long time, she smiled. If Grant hadn't been so excited, he would have noticed it didn't go to her eyes.

Angie now had her day and time. Grant said the board meeting always ended promptly at seven. He assured her they never had a function after. Given the drive home, he'd be home at seven thirty. Now to find a man. Angie planned on telling her boss that she had to leave work a little early Wednesday. She thought about using a hook-up app, but it felt like she'd be putting too much information out there.

She decided to do it the old-fashioned way, and she knew just the spot. There was a plant near her office, and they did shift work. There was a bar down the street that got most of its business from workers looking to wind down after their shift. She had seen the dayshift getting done at four. That should give her plenty of time to get picked up, back home and set the scene for her cheating husband.


Angie brought her makeup kit and had worn a loose, ankle length skirt with a button up blouse to work...very appropriate. Once in the car, she unzipped the skirt and wriggled out of it, revealing the tight miniskirt she'd worn underneath. She unbuttoned the top of her blouse and put on some makeup using the rearview mirror. 'There. Perfect!', she thought. She didn't have big tits like Kelly, but she had learned how to turn heads in high-school and still liked doing it when she went out with Grant. That thought bothered her, so she shoved it aside.

She drove a couple of blocks down and parked at the bar, looked at her wedding and engagement rings and then pulled them off and put them in her purse. She had second thoughts but banished them with the memory of perfect Kelly, standing naked next to Grant.

Lots of heads turned when she walked in alone. She hadn't really planned this out, so she just walked to an empty stool at the bar and hopped up into it and crossed her legs. She looked to her right at the bartender, figuring she'd have one drink to calm her nerves a little. Before he even looked her way, she was startled by a gruff voice at her left.

"Let me buy you a drink."

Angie turned her head and tried not to show her disgust. The guy was probably twice her age, overweight, dirty and his breath reeked of whiskey. He was giving her what he must have felt was a winning smile, all she noticed was the missing tooth. He raised his hand like he was going to put it on her shoulder, she reflexively leaned away, thinking, 'What have I got myself into? This was supposed to be different! I was going to choose between all the hot guys.'

A hand clamped onto whiskey breath's wrist and stopped it before it touched her.

"Why don't you go back to your table Frank?"

Frank looked surprised, angry and a little scared, one right after the other in rapid succession. As he backed up, turned, and scurried away, the man stepped forward and Angie got a look at him. Compared to Frank, he was a stud! But when she looked closely, she realized that he was put together just fine, but was just above average in the looks department. Still, he'd do.

KBLake
KBLake
141 Followers