Temptation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I felt my stomach fall as nothing good ever came from those words. I was twenty-one and had never been with anyone except my sister, but I knew the weight of those words. Before I could say anything, my sister started to cry, and my first instinct was to console her. She held up a hand and pointed to the armchair nearby.

"We can't keep doing this," she stated, not meeting my eyes.

"What?"

"We can't keep doing this, Mark. I love you more than life itself, but you're my brother, and we can't keep this going. We can't get married. We can't have kids. We have to keep our love hidden from everyone important to us. We're constantly lying to our family and friends."

"But..."

"I'm doing the right thing for us both, Mark. I can't bear the thought of you being with someone else. I can't even begin to think of how I'm going to throw up thinking of being with another man. The very idea shakes me to the core. But we can't keep this going. Us. Our relationship."

I sat there in silence, simply staring at her, feeling my heart shatter into a million pieces in my chest. I could have cried. I could have begged. But I knew my sister almost better than she knew herself. Once she'd made a decision, unless I could prove facts and evidence to the contrary, she wasn't going to change her mind.

"I love you, Beth," I finally whispered, "Please don't do this."

She cried harder and I had to stop myself moving across the room to hold her, whisper it would all be okay, that we could just leave and be together. "I have to do this for both of us," she finally stated, wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand, "You need to find someone who isn't your sister, fall in love with her, get married, start a family, and be able to show off that love to everyone, not keep it hidden away because no-one will ever understand that you're in love with me." She took a deep breath and cried even more as she whispered, "As much as I'm in love with you."

I moved quickly, sliding on my knees to sit in front of her. Caressing her cheek, I wiped away the tears. "We can leave," I whispered, "We don't have to stay here. We can move anywhere we want so that we can be together. I'll change my name, then we can get married, have kids, and be together."

"No. I'm not making you leave everyone we know and love behind, and I know you wouldn't expect that of me, Mark. I know I'm going to break your heart doing this. I know you're going to hate me going forward. But I can live with that, knowing I'm releasing you to find happiness with someone else."

"I'm happiest with you, Beth," I replied softly, feeling tears of my own start to fall.

"We have to find it somewhere else, Mark." She hugged me tightly before adding, "I'm moving out and going away for a while, Mark. It's the best thing to do. Create some distance between us so we can move on."

I clutched her tighter. "Please don't go..."

We were both crying by now. She was in floods of tears. I just didn't want my sister to leave me. "I have to. It's best for both of us. I love you too much to keep this going. I'm not going to tell you where I'm going. I'm not telling anyone. I'm just going to disappear one day and then I'll make contact once I'm settled. It's better that way, Mark."

"I love you, Beth."

"I know you do, Mark. I love you too. I don't want to go. It's going to be so hard for both of us, but..."

I leaned back and looked at her gorgeous face. I hated seeing her upset. I hated that her heart was breaking as much as mine. But as she gently pushed me back and walked away, I knew that was it. That night, she didn't come to my room, and when trying to go into hers, for the first time I could remember, the door was locked. I didn't try knocking.

I had to go to work, I couldn't stay at home in my first week to keep an eye on her. I sent her constant messages, but she didn't reply. Arriving home from work the first three days, she was obviously keeping her distance, joining me for dinner, but ensuring she was locked up in her room otherwise.

Waking up on Thursday morning, I was walking out to my car when Beth called me to stop. Turning to face her, she said nothing except wrapping her arms around me, squeezing me hard as I hugged her in return. I knew what it was.

A last hug goodbye.

"I love you, Beth. Please remember that. I'll never stop. You're my girl."

She didn't say anything though she did start to cry. Leaning down to kiss her, it was a chaste kiss, just in case the neighbours were watching, her fingers gently caressing my cheek, gazing into my eyes for what I knew, in my heart, was the last time.

"Please don't go," I whispered, "Stay with me."

She fled back inside, unable to stay with me any longer. With a heavy heart, I slid behind the wheel of my car and drove to work. I could barely concentrate all day, thankful it was all training, so looking a little lost was almost expected at times. Arriving home, Beth's car was gone. Heading inside, I walked straight towards her bedroom. Some of the furniture remained, but a cursory check showed that all her clothing was gone.

Sighing to myself, I returned to my bedroom, had a little cry, before I went to find my parents. They were aware she'd moved out that morning, but where she'd gone, they didn't know either. She'd left no forwarding address but did keep the same number so she could keep in touch with us.

Heading to bed that evening, I sent her a final message, stating that I still understand why, but that I still loved her, would always love her, and that if she changed her mind, I would have her back without a second thought.

For six months, I heard nothing from her. I didn't message her too often. She'd made her feelings clear. Though my deep love remained, resentment and anger did slowly build. I blamed her for making a unilateral decision without even thinking about my thoughts or feelings. I understood some of her reasoning, but she made up her mind, and that was it.

I moved out of home during those six months as I couldn't stand to be reminded of her disappearance every single day walking past her bedroom. I found a reasonably priced two-bedroom apartment close enough to my place of work that I didn't need to drive. Surprisingly, my parents were rather upset that the second of their oldest children had flown the coop, my father helping me out moving with a couple of friends, Mum doing the usual thing of trying her best to help but annoying me at the same time.

Home alone one evening, my phone ringing was a surprise. Most of my mates would only text. Mum called once a week, probably talking to her more in the time since I moved out than in the past couple of years. Checking the name, I actually debated whether to pick up or not.

"Hello, Beth." There was no reply, only the sound of her crying. Despite it all, I hated hearing her so upset. "Beth?"

"I'm sorry, Mark... I'm so sorry. I miss you and I love you so much. Please don't hate me forever."

"I love..." But I didn't finish as I heard the line disconnect. I was tempted to call her back, but I assumed she was still feeling fragile, and to be honest, I was still feeling rather angry about everything. The last thing I wanted to do was blow up and ruin whatever relationship we had left.

I received a message from her on my birthday. It was simple but made me smile. I still had no idea where she was living, but when Mum invited me for Christmas, I did wonder if she'd arrive. Getting to my parents early, I spent time with my siblings, who were excited to have their big brother back at the house. Mum and both grandmothers were preparing lunch when there was a knock at the door, my father escorting my sister inside. Our eyes met and, for a moment, it was like no-one else was around.

But she spent the entire day avoiding me. I never got the chance to even have a five-minute conversation with her. It was only over lunch that I learned she'd moved to Perth, the other side of the country, as far away as possible from us while still remaining in the same country.

To be honest, the next few years passed by slowly. Aware my sister likely wasn't going to change her mind, my friends finally convinced me to go out and date. I enjoyed a couple of brief relationships, based more on sex than love, as to be honest, I hardened my heart and shut myself off from falling too deeply for anyone else.

Five years after she left, I got word that my sister returned to Sydney. Our communication during that time was limited at best. The only time she returned was for Christmas. I always received a card and present on my birthday, and she'd call but only for a brief conversation. In return, I found out her address and sent her a present and card on her birthday. But I was warned in no uncertain terms that I was not to attempt to try and visit her.

Mum called to let me know there'd be a family dinner due to my sister returning. Arriving at the house alone, I walked inside and came to a stop as my sister was on the couch, holding hands with a man I'd never met before. My sister was incredibly nervous. Thankfully, my parents didn't pick up on anything. She rose to her feet, the man next to her doing the same thing.

"Mark, this is... This is Steven. My boyfriend."

He was nothing like me. Shorter. Slimmer. Different hair. Different colour eyes. I looked at him before glancing back at my sister. "Boyfriend?"

"Yes, Mark," she said softly, "We've been dating for a year, and he chose to come to Sydney with me."

Steven offered his hand. I stared at it for a few seconds before I grabbed it. And I squeezed. He tried not to react, but he would have met the glare in my eyes. "Nice to meet you, Steven," I stated through gritted teeth, "I'm just delighted my sister has met someone."

I'm sure my sister would have recognised the sarcasm dripping from my tone. I met her eyes as I didn't let go of his hand for at least thirty seconds. She looked ready for the floor to just open up and swallow her. Letting go of his hand, I smirked as he shook it, and no doubt he was wondering as to my reaction. Turning around, I looked at my father. "Beer, Dad?"

"Plenty in the fridge, Mark. Some of those pale ales and XPA's you like so much."

Spending most of the time outside did me some good. Whenever I glanced at my sister, I wouldn't have called her 'lovey-dovey' with her partner. Whenever she met my eyes, I knew her well enough to see the guilt. What she didn't know is that I'd been dating a girl for six months and simply hadn't brought her along.

I guess it wouldn't be a surprise to hear that I left early as I simply couldn't stand being around her. I still loved her. The hate I'd felt after she'd left had long since disappeared. Now I just felt my heart break again, imagining them together in an intimate fashion...

Although back in Sydney, I rarely saw her, never visited her, and our communication was limited to the occasional message. She didn't call me often and I didn't call her. Once I was with Holly, I made sure to keep my distance. Beth knew all about Holly but never showed much interest in my relationship. I knew her relationship with Steven didn't last long, then she seemed to go through a couple of boyfriends rather quickly.

We only saw each other at Christmas and other celebrations. We did meet up for birthdays with the family, but we never spent any time alone in the same room. I wasn't sure why as I wasn't inclined to just leap on her. At most I would want a brief conversation, mostly wondering if she still felt the same way about me. All I knew is that, even after everything, I was still in love with her. Whenever she looked at me, I was left believing she still felt the same way.

But nothing changed until the night she appeared on my doorstep...

*****

I'll admit, part of me was surprised that Beth was still at my apartment when I walked in the front door that evening. I wasn't surprised that was preparing dinner for us, dumping my bag in my bedroom, before I walked through to the kitchen. She glanced my way and smiled. "I'm making your favourite, Mark," she stated.

"Still know what my favourite is, Beth?"

She flinched at that before she met my eyes and smiled again. "I might have been stalking your social media profiles for around the past..." She stopped stirring and sighed. "I made a mistake, Mark," she whispered.

Then she burst into tears, and this time, I took my sister into my arms and held her tightly. She sobbed. She cried. She fell completely to pieces. Her arms wrapped around me tightly, her fingers digging into my back. "Beth... My feelings never changed..."

"You should hate me," she cried, feeling the front of my shirt quickly dampen with tears, "I broke your heart."

"You did, but that didn't mean I just stopped loving you." Leaning back and lifting her chin, I whispered, "I always lived in hope, Beth."

"Never gave up on us?"

"Never. The only reason I never flew to Perth or showed up on your door while you lived here, is that I just didn't know how you would react. I always believed that it would have to be up to you."

She hugged me tightly while she calmed down. "I shouldn't have gone to Perth. I should have stayed close. There were so many other options at the time, but I thought..." Giving her a squeeze made her go quiet. "Can you forgive me?"

"Nothing to forgive. We're now both older, a little wiser, perhaps a few scars on the inside. Beth, you're my sister and I've been in love with you nearly all my life."

"I'm still in love with you, Mark. I've... I've been with others, but I never loved them. Not like you. Never like you. You were always the one." She paused before crying again. "I'm sorry for taking so long to come back."

"But you are back. That's the only thing that matters to me right now."

We finished cooking together, eating at the table, her hand constantly in mine, and I don't think anything was going to wipe the smile from her face. Settling down on the couch afterwards, we watched a little television though spent most of the time talking about everything that happened between the day she left and the day she turned up at my doorstep.

"I never allowed myself to be alone with you, Mark, because I knew I didn't have the willpower to resist. You'd just look at me with those gorgeous blue eyes of yours and I knew I'd give in within seconds. That's why I kept you at arm's length the entire time."

"Did you ever have any major feelings for anyone you were with?"

"God no. I chose men that were nothing like you. None of them lasted more than a few months. I hated sex with them. Well, to be honest, I haven't had all that much sex since I left you. I'd just end up comparing them to you, the connection I'd feel when my brother was inside me, and they were quickly yesterday's news."

"So why did he hit you?"

"Because of the sex. I refused him time and again, and he finally blew his top and struck me."

I squeezed her hand. "He didn't assault you otherwise, did he?"

"If he did, I'd have told you and I knew you'd handle it for me, Mark. No, he was just your typical cowardly piece of shit. I did nothing to provoke him except stating I didn't want to have sex, and he thought that was reason enough to hit me more than once."

"I really want to go over there now."

She kissed my cheek. "I called the police, Mark. They called me earlier today. It's being handled."

"What are your plans, Beth?"

"Do you want me, Mark?"

"Never stopped wanting you. Do you want me?"

"Never stopped, but I was young, foolish, and thought I was doing the right thing. I know now that I wasn't. I was protecting us from something that didn't exist. We could have made it work. I know that now." She cuddled into me. "I know you've had girlfriends..."

"None of them meant as much as you."

"Good pussy though?" I glanced as she giggled. "A sister wants to know."

"I won't lie and say the sex wasn't enjoyable, but it never meant anything compared to making love to my sister."

"I'm... I'm not quite ready for that yet, Mark. But is snuggling every night for a little while okay?"

"Are you going to move in with me?"

"I don't want to live anywhere else except with you for the rest of my life."

"What about your stuff?"

"I brought anything that mattered. I've actually stored quite a bit of our stuff with our parents. I've moved about quite a bit the past few years."

I made her squeal as I stood up and easily carried her to my bedroom. Gently laying her down, I helped undress her down to her underwear, noticing her embarrassment at the simple bra and panties. Undressing down to my own underwear, we quickly moved under the sheet and blanket, my sister cuddling into me again.

"Can you wait for me, Mark?"

"As long as you need, Beth."

"Last night, despite what happened, I slept so well, knowing I was once again in bed with my handsome brother. I felt so loved as soon as your arms were wrapped around me." Turning on my side, I pulled her close and kissed her softly. She made a contented noise before we relaxed together. "Instantly, it all feels right again." Caressing her cheek earned a large smile. "Am I still pretty enough for you?"

"Absolutely fucking gorgeous, Beth."

Her hand moved down, and I felt her brush against my cock. She smiled as the fact I was hard shouldn't have been a surprise. "I won't tease you, Mark. At least, I won't too much."

Turning around, she spooned back against me, her back against my chest, my arms holding her tight. She giggled when feeling my erection press into her. "Okay, definitely won't be waiting too long to feel you inside me again," she whispered, "I've missed everything, Mark. How close we once were. Lying with you like this. But the sex? My god, I've spent more time masturbating and reminiscing over these past years than anything else."

Moving my hand down her body, she automatically spread her legs as I let my hand slide underneath her panties. Feeling how warm and wet she was made me smile. "Is that from just being near me?" She nodded silently. "Was it always like that, Beth? Every time we were near each other?"

"Yes," she whimpered, "And if I was with someone, they'd wonder why I didn't want them to touch me when we got home. I'd go into the bathroom and masturbate to the best orgasm in ages after just seeing you."

"Are you sure you don't want your brother to use some of his talents?"

"I'm sure, Mark, but I knew you'd offer because I remember how much you loved going down on me."

Beth had organised time off work due to her assault. She gave me her address and I popped over to her old apartment. There was no sign of the ex-partner, so I packed up whatever of hers remained. He returned as I was carrying a bag of her stuff downstairs. To say he turned pale upon seeing me wouldn't be an understatement. I lowered the bag to the floor and stalked towards him, backing him up against a wall. He was shorter, slimmer, and looked ready to piss his pants.

"You'll forget her name. You'll erase her number from your phone. You'll forget she even exists. You know who I am?"

"Her brother," he managed to reply.

"And I don't appreciate cowardly men who strike my sister. The only reason I don't do a thing now is she wouldn't want me to. I love her too much to upset her again. What are you going to do when you're back in your apartment?"

"Delete her number. Everything about it. I won't see her again."

"Good boy." Picking up the bag, I resumed walking down the stairs without a backwards glance.

Returning home with her things earned one hell of a smile and then the sort of scorching kiss that used to promise a while lot more. Dragging her into my body, the kiss quickly turned steamy, ending up on the couch with my sister straddling my lap, rubbing her panties against my covered erection. She needed to break the kiss, biting her bottom lip, her eyes a sea of turmoil as I knew her body wanted one thing, but her mind needed to catch up.