Ten Things to do in Vegas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's a great idea; I'm at the airport and have 20 minutes or so while they do all the "make ready" stuff on the plane, so tell me, what happened?"

"No one knows for sure. They both had been ordered to be in court today for follow-up questions and additional cross-examination, but they didn't show up."

"Thompson just seems to have just disappeared. Another thing, his expert witness, the one that came to the hospital... left a note saying he was sorry for what he had done and killed himself in his car.

I said, "That's weird", but couldn't help smiling.

She actually heard the smile in my voice...

"It's not funny!"

"I'm not laughing; just relieved that it's over."

*****

The official ruling was that as the filing party failed to appear in court on the appointed day, the case was dismissed, and Thompson, in absentia, was relieved of any and all duties and/or authority regarding Eddie's trust and/or personal funds. In addition the judge ruled that Thompson had illegally taken funds and control, which made it a crime... a crime the insurance company, reluctantly had to cover.

We could finally live our lives together right after our honeymoon.

*****

We were snuggling with the baby on the couch one night, and I remember asking...

"Why did Fuller taking a few dollars bother you so much? Couldn't you have just let him have what he took and walk away? I mean, what are we talking about?"

"No, Wes, I love that you never asked, but he stole nearly a hundred million dollars and was after my entire estate, roughly Fifty Billion Dollars."

"Ha, you said Fifty Billion..."

She just looked at me and smiled,

"Wait, you're serious, 50 baba; wow, I didn't know."

"Well, now you know why it was so important."

"Fifty B... Wow! I make about four thousand dollars a month, which is more than enough. So I really don't want to get involved with all that."

"I understand it's a lot to think about, but I have a planned schedule of giving based on the annual earnings, so really, it takes care of itself. Now that Thompson is out of the picture, the staff is very trustworthy, and it really only needs a board meeting once a month or so...

...You're retired, so you can plan our trips, take care of me, and..." she paused to give me an exaggerated wink, "...my needs... then there are the baby's late-night feedings... and, hmm, take out the trash."

I smiled and thought of Thompson and his friend as I said,

"I already did that."