Teresa's Christmas Finale Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, does someone want to play that game?" Moynahan said, some venom in his voice. "I've got the trump card of all trump cards in this Police Force regarding that. If Briggs causes any more shit, I'll be locking his heels right where you're standing."

"Thank you, sir." said Cindy, waiting to be dismissed.

"Before I let you go," said the Chief, "how is Captain Croyle doing?"

"She's getting bored, and therefore restless, sir." said Cindy. "The doctors will probably discharge her within three days... just to keep the Hospital standing."

"Heh heh heh heh." said Moynahan. "That's my Captain Croyle. Okay, visit her whenever you feel like, just let us know you're going. And tell the Commander I said the same for him. Okay, you can go."

"Thank you, sir." said Cindy. She turned and left the office.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 11:30am, December 26th, Jack Muscone and Martin Nash came to Police Headquarters. Nash went through MCD shaking hands and wishing everyone Merry Christmas as Jack just came straight to my office. A moment later, Cindy and Martin joined us.

"Just came by to tell you that we're not getting anything on the nationwide manhunt." said Muscone. "All the airports and bus stations are alerted, we've got people running video through the computers, but so far nothing since Christmas Eve. We think they may still be in this area."

"They're going to have to show up, if just to go to the grocery store." I said. "I just don't think they planned everything so far ahead that they'd have stashes of food and act like survivalists."

"What were they planning to do?" asked Martin Nash.

"I think Cook might've had a prepared exit." I said. "But Hardwood did not expect KSTD to fire him or give us the video implicating him. So I don't think he had, or has, a plan of any kind."

"Well," said Muscone, "we did pick up some video of someone else in your County, here."

"My sister?" I asked. Muscone nodded. I said "Yeah, I had an idea she was around. But I had... more important things on my mind."

"No doubt about that." said Muscone.

"How is Teresa?" asked Martin Nash.

"Much better." said Cindy. "If she doesn't develop any infections, she'll be out by New Years Day. Maybe in time to watch the University Bulldogs in the Gator Bowl."

"The Green Crowbar is not amused about the Bulldogs being sent to the Gator Bowl." I said in explanation.

Just then, Myron burst into the room. "Oh, sorry for not knocking, sir. I just got an alert from... several sources." He meant his father, but wasn't going to say that in front of the FBI Agents in my office. "KSTD called and said their signal is being jammed."

By the time we got to MCD, KXTC had called to report that their signal was being overwhelmed also. We turned on the monitor in MCD. We did not have long to wait.

"This is Thomas Cook." said Cook as he appeared on the screen. "I have been falsely accused of the crimes that occurred on Christmas Eve. I believe that the only way I can clear my name is to turn myself in and then work to prove my innocence."

"However," said Cook, "I do not feel safe in just turning myself in. I fear that Donald Troy will try to murder me, that he will abuse the power of his Police badge and kill me. Therefore, I propose that I be transported in this limousine across the Coltrane County line and be escorted to Police Headquarters, where I will turn myself in before a large number of people... and television cameras. If Sheriff Allgood transmits acceptance of these terms on KXTC and KSTD, and guarantees me protection from the Iron Crowbar, then I will turn myself in to his custody."

Everyone was looking at me as the screen faded...

To be continued.