All Comments on 'Terrorists are Stupid.'

by RC_of_Doom

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Huh?

Obviously you have never made a serious study of bio weaponry. There are several problems with bio weapons you have not considered. First, and foremost they are unreliable. Most anything cooked up on the kitchen table and released on the populace may or may not be particularly effective. Your odds of getting a good epidemic going are actually rather slim.

Secondly, and maybe even more importantly, once relaesed, they are totally uncontrollable. If you should get a good epidemic going, in todays world of global travel chances of it comming back to haunt you are pretty good. Look how fast and wide spread H2N1 flue became and it was spred only accidently.

These are just the top two reasons why bio weapons are not used by most nations of the world to settle disagreements. Good luck with bio weapons.

austin_voyaustin_voyover 13 years ago
Ah, but a bio weapon is easy to make ...

... all you need is a couple of "true believers" who are will to contract one of the most feared diseases on the planet. Ebola. It kills painfully and slowly, the carriers are contagious long before they're symptomatic.

And nuclear. It takes about 10 kilos to make an effective, but crude bomb. But give me 2, a balloon and a stick of dynamite. Float the balloon up to about 10,000 feet upwind of your target and set the dynamite off. Plutonium is very, very nasty. If you have 10 kilos, do you make one bomb? Or kill 5 cities? Like Medina, Mecca and three others of your choice.

Finally, think Ken Keysey. RC_of_Doom knows what I'm talking about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
That's it numbnuts,

give those jerk-offs EVEN more ideas! ALTHO, a good Moslem wouldn't be caught dead on this site, u never know what type of wacko reads this site. My god, they let YOU on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Another point: Terrorists use the media as a major weapon in their arsenal. While a bio or chemical attack may indeed be devastating, they would most likely not had a comparable psychological impact as images of the collapse of the WTC did. Consider other events that wreaked even greater devastation (e.g., tsunami, earthquake in Haiti): Those images are not as seared into the human psyche: The impact is too dispersed. An effective terrorist target is symbolic as much as it inflicts feelings of fear.

Terrorists may be monstrous, but they're NOT stupid.

traci_eliottraci_eliotover 13 years ago
Not as easy as you might think.

Your main premise is OK, but the fact remains that ABCN weapons are not easy things to make, even with vast amounts of money at your disposal and good scientific help.

The Sarin attack on the Tokyo subway was extremely costly to the movement who made it and was largely ineffective. South Africa, with all the resources at its disposal, managed to make only the crudest type of nuclear weapon after years of effort.

If you'd like to read more on this subject, I can highly recommend 'Risk, The Science and Politics of Fear' by Dan Gardner. The Guardian said it was 'An invaluable resource for anyone who aspires to think clearly'.

A well-written piece, if a little off-beam - thank you.

traci

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Let's see...Just WHO is stupid here

We live in a world so concerned about someone's "feelings" and worried about someone sitting behind a screen looking at dreary X-rays of fat people that we have it coming anyway. I read one female columnist's piece about being outraged that someone also female might touch her bra, this right after two muslim nuts in Russia took a plane down with their explosive bras. The terrorists are right, we probably don't deserve to exist. We let them in, pay tax dollars to train them to fly big jets, import Chinese made box cutter knives for them to keep their costs down? And we don't even ask them what the fuck they are up to because we might hurt their feelings? Instead we stick a wand up Grandma in a wheelchair's ass. Now just WHO is stupid here?

arsenal6arsenal6over 2 years ago

9-11 was inside job period

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRC_of_Doom@RC_of_Doom
38 Followers
Been a while. Near a decade, actually. I created this profile a long time ago, when I was quite stupid. But I've been busy. I've come out with nearly 30 books and a bunch of short stories. I've even gotten married (three years, already, and they said it wouldn't last.) All m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES