That Little Spark

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If we were on our own, I would have turned, captured his face in my hands and kissed him. But knowing the boys could walk in, I just enjoyed the sensual feel of his hand, gently stroking up and down along my back.

Their movie finished; the boys walked into the kitchen yawning. Seeing they were ready for bed, I leaned down, and whispered to Brayden, "Do you want me to tuck you in?"

His eyes flared, looking mortified, he shook his head and whispered back, "No, Mom, not tonight."

"Then make sure you brush your teeth and wash your face and hands."

"We will," Brayden promised. After they'd said goodnight to us, with two quick hugs, the pair of them made their way upstairs.

David and I were walking to the front door, already dreading that he was about to leave. Reaching for my hand, he said, "It's been really nice meeting you, Kaitlin. Thanks for having Nathan over, and for inviting me to stay for dinner."

I couldn't stop grinning as I looked into his eyes, and told him, "It was wonderful meeting you, too."

Then we turned our heads when we heard Nathan just behind us, plaintively asking, "Uncle David, could you stay too, please?"

"This is his first sleep over," David quietly whispered against my ear, so only I could hear. "And I guess he's a little nervous about me leaving. Since he's lost his mom, I think he's afraid of losing me, too."

"Well, you know you're more than welcome to stay. I've got a guest room with a queen-size bed, so you wouldn't have to sleep on the couch."

"You're sure you wouldn't mind?"

I couldn't hold back my smirk, thrilled at the thought of him staying, too. "Of course not. I don't want him to feel scared, especially the first time he stays at someone else's house." And I really didn't. I could feel for the little guy, being left alone with us so soon after losing his mother, had to feel a little scary.

David nodded at his nephew. "Okay, Nathan, I'll stay."

Looking relieved, Nathan gave him a big gap-toothed smile, ran over and hugged him. Racing back up the stairs, he called back, "Thanks, Uncle David."

Upstairs, I gave David a tooth brush and got him settled in the guest room with an extra pillow and blanket, just in case. Then the two of us stood awkwardly eyeing the empty bed, trying to keep a straight face. Deciding it was time I left, so he could get ready for bed, I told him, "The bathroom's just next door. And if you need anything else, my room's right beside it."

"Thanks for letting me stay, Kaitlin," David said, gently smoothing his hand down over my arm.

Looking up at his face, I could see the look of longing in his eyes; pretty sure that I was looking at him, with the same needy look. Just the thought of us connecting, had my nipples starting to pebble and everything south of the border starting to get steamy. I knew then that I'd better head to my room, before we wound up doing something crazy, like falling into bed together.

It took me a while to finally doze off, since I couldn't get him out of my head. Imagining him in bed in the next room, I wondered if he slept in the nude.

I'd just fallen asleep when an anguished, "Mom!" had me shooting out of bed and racing barefoot down the hallway to my son's room.

The room was so dark I could barely see. But I could tell from the night light between the beds that it was Nathan tossing and turning in his sleep, crying out for his mother. I carefully sat on the edge of his bed, and he opened his eyes, squinting up at me. "Mom?"

Stroking a hand over his head, I whispered, "No, sweetie, I'm Brayden's Mom. And you're staying with us tonight, remember?" He looked around the room, saw Brayden asleep in the other twin bed, nodded his head and seemed to relax.

"How about I get you some water?" I suggested.

He gave me a little smile. "Yes, please."

When I got up to get the water, I saw David standing in the doorway, nearly naked in just a pair of black boxers. And I almost tripped over my feet. Holy Hannah, he had a nice body.

"I'm just getting him some water," I explained, once I remembered how to talk, while he nodded and went over to check on him.

David was talking to him in a soothing voice, telling him that he was okay, when I walked back in with his drink.

"Here you go," I said, handing him the glass. David helped him to sit up. Nathan thanked me, had a quick sip, smiled at us, then settled back down and closed his eyes.

The two of us walked back out together, both taking a look back, to be sure that he was settled.

Outside the guest room in the dimly lit hallway, David reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze. "Thanks for checking on him, Kaitlin."

It suddenly occurred to me that we were standing together barely dressed. I never thought about putting on a robe, I ran in there in such a hurry.

Clad in just my pink silky boy shorts and thin little tank top, of course with no bra, sure he had to be able to see my nipples poking at the fabric, I felt pretty exposed.

I noticed David's nicely muscled chest had a dusting of dark, sexy hair, trailing all the way down over his rock-hard abs, into his clingy black boxers, leaving very little to my imagination. I had such an urge to touch him, and ruffle that dark, curly hair with my fingers. Glancing down, I noticed that even his slightly hairy legs looked toned and fit.

The way his gaze was slowly sweeping over me, I thought I'd better explain why I'd run out of my room, barely clothed. "I heard someone yell, 'Mom' and I woke up and ran straight into Brayden's room. But I think Nathan will be okay now that he knows where he is."

Nodding his head, David touched his hand to my hip, leaned in and pressed a soft little kiss, just at the edge of my mouth. "It was still nice of you to check on him, and calm him down," he whispered against my lips.

I could feel my breathing getting ragged, with the warmth of his hand on my hip, and him hovering so close. Gazing up into his eyes, feeling more than a little spellbound, smoothing my hands across his chest, I leaned in, pushed up on my toes and kissed him back, right on the lips.

The feel of his thumb stroking a path over my hip bone just felt so sensual, like he was igniting a flame, as our lips parted and we deepened the kiss. Both of us softly moaning as our tongues began to tangle.

Afraid the kids might hear what we were up to, our lips still locked, I walked him backwards into the bathroom, that conveniently also adjoined my bedroom.

My heart began to pound when David kicked the door shut behind us. Desperate for more, I circled my arms around his neck, tugged him against me, and chest to chest, we just kept on kissing.

It had been so long since I'd enjoyed the feel of a man in my arms, I'd almost forgotten what it was like. Especially having the pleasure of sharing such an incredible kiss, with such a gorgeous hunk of a man.

His arms wrapped around me stroking my back, I ran my hands over his body, enjoying the feel of burrowing my curious fingers through his chest hair, and down over his abs. He just felt so deliciously warm and hard in all the right places. Capturing his face in my hands, I slid my fingers through his hair, drawing him closer. His hair felt so soft, I just couldn't stop running my hands through it. And the taste of him was surreal. I realized then, how much I'd missed this.

Eventually, I pulled back, trying to catch my breath, as sanity kicked in, when I realized where we were headed. "I'm not sure if I can do this," I told him, sounding a little shaky. "I haven't been with anyone in almost five years, since I lost my husband. And I'm a little out of practice."

Pressing a kiss to my forehead, he ran a gentle hand down over my back, shook his head and reassured me. "It's okay. We don't have to do anything."

"But we could still get in bed together and cuddle," I suggested, hoping he'd agree.

His lips curling up in a smile, he brushed his lips against mine and whispered, "I'm good with that."

Feeling a little lightheaded after that kiss, I took his hand and walked him into my bedroom. Making sure to lock both the bathroom and my door behind us. Just to ensure that no one would walk in and find us together in bed.

Though we could still hear them through the monitor on my night stand, I was glad they wouldn't be able to hear us.

It was one thing for the boys to be having a sleepover, but I didn't think it would be such a good idea for them to see us sharing a bed, enjoying our own kind of grown-up fun.

Just seeing him in my room, suddenly had me feeling giddy, like I'd just won a prize. While David was patiently waiting; I think to see what I'd do next.

I didn't even have to think, eager to feel him wrapped around me, I slid onto my back, and tugged him down onto the bed with me. Soon, both of us were moaning, and getting right back into it. Relishing the feel of making love with our mouths, while our hands cautiously ghosted over our bodies, gently exploring.

With no love life, I didn't need to be on the pill and didn't have any condoms, so I knew we'd just have to enjoy the feel of each other without stepping over the line. Though by this point, I wanted him so badly, it was kind of crazy.

Lost in the taste and feel of each of each other, as we kept kissing and touching, I could feel him growing hard against my belly, while he had my poor little puss almost beginning to weep. Wrapping my legs around him, I drew him against me. Whimpering as he notched himself between my thighs, and began teasing my clit with the most amazing long, slow strokes, hitting me just where I needed him.

Holy smokes, who knew it could get this hot, still with our clothes on?

His eyes on mine, sliding his hands up along my waist, I shivered as he cupped my breasts in his palms. Gently massaging and tugging at my nipples through my top, every inch of me deliciously tingling, he had me nearly crawling out of my skin.

Hardly able to catch my breath; I was getting so close, I swear I could almost taste it. My heart nearly pounding out of my chest, going into a full body shiver, gradually I could feel myself beginning to reach the summit.

The way he was groaning, stroking up and down against me a little harder and faster with every flex of his hips, I could tell that he was almost there, too. His weight on his hands, chest heaving, he sank his tongue into my mouth. Desperate to taste him, I sucked on the tip, twirling with my tongue, and shivered at his deep hungry growl.

Pulling back, the moonlight shining into the room was just enough to read the look of awe on his face, as he watched me shudder as a little ripple raced through me. Smiling down at me, he whispered, "I just love the way we cuddle."

Breathlessly, I chuckled. "Yeah, me, too."

God, it just felt so good, the way he kept trying to push me back over the edge, stroking his erection against my throbbing clit, making me see stars as I shivered right down to my toes.

Lowering his head, kissing each nipple in turn, right through my top, the wet heat of his mouth sent the most amazing little zaps right through me, like a live wire shooting straight to my sex.

Sliding my hands through his hair, whimpering, I shuddered as he pulled a nipple between his lips, eagerly sucking and teasing me with his tongue.

That bit of breast play was all it took.

Tossing my head from side to side on the pillow, I cried out, "Oh, David... that feels so good, I can't hold back."

"Then don't, Kaitlin, just let go," he whispered.

Sliding down my body, getting his head between my legs, he gave me just what I needed to send me crashing right over the edge into the abyss. Cupping my ass in his hands, latching onto me with his mouth, he suckled my clit right through the fabric of my little silk shorts, making me come so hard, I could hardly see straight, much less breathe.

As I quaked and shivered, David followed right after. Back up on his hands, with a few more long hard strokes, his jaw clenched, he threw back his head and groaned. And as he began to erupt, he desperately dove for the tissue box on the nightstand.

Watching him shudder as he came, I could almost feel his elation. His chest rising and falling as his eyes fell shut, my head fell back and he reached over and squeezed my hand. Neither of us able to utter a word, we were both too overwhelmed to speak.

On our backs, side by side, our fingers entwined, staring up at the ceiling, our chests were still heaving pretty hard. Slowly, I could feel myself coming back down to earth as he soothingly stroked his thumb into my palm.

Turning our heads, smiling into each other's eyes, quietly absorbing the amazing connection we had just shared, I just couldn't find the words, though my mind was racing.

Lifting my hand to his lips, David pressed a kiss to my fingers. "That has got to be the hottest thing I've ever done, especially with my clothes on."

"You and me both." We quietly laughed together.

Although we'd almost, but not quite, stepped over the line, it still had to be the most erotic thing I'd ever done. Making out, and reaching the most mind-numbing climax I'd ever experienced with my clothes still intact, almost felt surreal.

Now he had me wondering what he'd be like, if we were to actually make love, with nothing between us.

In the morning, I felt David press a kiss to my cheek and quietly murmur, "I'm going to get a shower. You stay in bed and get some more sleep, and I'll take care of the boys."

I think I might have nodded that I heard him, but then I was out again, off in dreamland.

After the wild night we'd shared, figuring out all the fun ways we could explore each other, while still keeping ourselves mostly covered, and coming more times than I could even count. By the time we both dropped off to sleep, I don't think I'd ever slept so well.

Hours later, I woke up with a start, when I opened my eyes, looked at the clock on the bedside table and gasped when I saw it was quarter to ten. I never slept this late, and wondered what was happening with the boys, and how David was coping.

I got dressed in a flash. Twisting my hair into a messy bun, I tugged on a pair of black yoga pants, and little off-the shoulder white sweater that barely skimmed my waist, not even bothering with a bra.

I'd just got down to the kitchen and stopped in the doorway and bit into my lip, smiling at the sight that greeted me.

David at the cooktop in the center island, was making pancakes with the boys. Looking hot at hell in his suit pants and white dress shirt. The sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing off his sexy, darkly matted forearms. The boys beside him, carefully adding blueberry and chocolate chips to make the eyes, noses and mouths for the big-eared Mickey Mouse pancakes he'd managed to create.

He looked up, saw me standing watching them and gave me the most teasing smile I'd ever seen. As our eyes met, I could feel my heart begin to flutter, like a butterfly beating in my chest. He was just such an amazing man; I knew it wouldn't take much to find myself falling for him.

"I made us some coffee," he said, nodding at the pot on the counter with my cup beside it.

Before going to the fridge to get some cream, I came up behind them to get a closer look.

I don't think I'd ever seen anything as cute. "Wow, how cool. How did you learn to shape them like that?"

He smiled down at his nephew. "The two of us took a few classes to learn how to cook together, eh, Nathan."

Nathan nodded, flashing a gap-toothed smile at his uncle. Touched by how sweet that was, I took a step closer. Breathing in his fresh from the shower scent, with his hair still a little damp. I slid a hand down over David's back, and gave his backside a teasing little squeeze. Then I walked over to the counter and got my coffee. Looking over his shoulder at me, he gave me a playful waggle of his eyebrows, making me laugh.

If the boys weren't in the kitchen, I had a feeling we'd have been kissing each other silly, and probably dragging each other down to the floor.

We'd had such an incredible night together, though we hadn't even had sex. Well... at least not technically. What we had shared together was still so insanely hot, it gave me a pretty good idea how good things would be, if, or maybe when, we actually got naked together.

The four of us sitting around the kitchen table, the boys eyeing the hot pancakes and fresh sliced strawberries artfully arranged on their plates, they grinned as they both dug in. Glancing out at the snow-covered backyard, I cut into one, took a bite and actually moaned out loud, they were just so incredibly tender and moist. Especially coated with melted butter and real maple syrup, dotted with the tang of fresh blueberries, and creamy melted chocolate. Clever man, even took the time to grill some bacon, that went perfectly with the pancakes.

David looked a little sheepish, as he admitted, "Hope you don't mind, but once they decided on pancakes, the boys and I raided your fridge."

"Oh, no complaints from me. Everything's just so good, you can help yourself any time you want. Getting a chance to sleep in, and then coming down to this amazing breakfast, is like a fantasy come true."

"And next time we're having a sleepover at Nathan's place," my son informed me, reaching for his milk.

Nathan flashed me a smile. "And you can come too, if you want, Mrs. Winters."

Trying to keep a straight face, I looked over my coffee cup at David who just shrugged, though I could see his eyes were dancing with mischief. It looked like the two us would be having another sleepover, too.

One of the reasons I'd been reluctant to try and get out and meet someone new, was because my son had to come to first. But seeing as David and I were in the same boat, and had boys the same age, at least we understood what it meant to try and be close to someone with children involved.

When the boys had finished their pancakes, Brayden asked, "Mom, can we go out and play in the snow?"

"Sure you can, once we've cleaned up."

As soon as I said that, they both dashed over to the sink with their plates and cups making the two us laugh at how fast they moved. "All done," Brayden said, after they'd washed their hands. "Now I'll go get my snow pants."

"I think we've got an extra pair that should fit you, Nathan, and some waterproof mittens, too."

Hearing that, his eyes dancing with excitement, he smiled at his uncle. We were lucky to have a big back yard. Since he'd been living in a condo, he looked pretty happy about getting to go outside to play, especially in freshly fallen snow.

The boys were dressed at the back door waiting to go out, and Brayden stopped and asked, "Mom, can we have some colors, too?"

Loading the dishwasher, David looked at me, confused. "Colors?"

I went to the cupboard under the sink and got out a couple of empty dish detergent bottles. "I just add a little food coloring to some water, and they can paint their snowman, adding a scarf or suit, or just draw pictures in the snow." I looked over at my son as I got down the box of food coloring. "So, what colors do you two, want?"

"Um..." Brayden looked at Nathan to see what he thought. "Red? And maybe blue and green?" When Nathan nodded his approval, Brayden elbowed him and laughed. "Cause we can make our own yellow snow, right?"

"Yellow snow?" Nathan wrinkled his forehead, till he got what he saying, and they both started giggling like mad.

"Boys," I said rolling my eyes, as the two of them went outside, still laughing. "And guys, please don't make or eat any yellow snow," I called after them, with David chuckling behind me.

We stood and watched them trudge through the snowy yard. Then both of them dropped their bottles, flopped onto their backs to make snow angels on the blanket of fresh snow. Eyes closed, with their mouths open and tongues out to catch any drifting snowflakes, they just looked so cute side-by side with their arms and legs going up and down, making angels, I just had to get a picture.