That Old, Familiar Feeling Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
North200
North200
475 Followers

She heard his deep groan, tasted his come in her mouth, swallowed, sucked with more urgency, desperate to get all of him she could. Only when he carefully separated himself from her hungry mouth did she stop and wipe the drool off her mouth and chin with the back of her hand. The fire still burned inside her, but with no means to satisfy it she remained where she was, shaking and sweating. She didn't have any words. None were needed.

He helped her to her feet, draped her in the robe and carried her to the couch. Wrapped in her robe and in his arms, the soft couch under her, she rested her head against his shoulder. The lust slowly burned down to smoldering embers. She felt...warm. Safe. How long had it been since she'd felt so safe?

She breathed a contented sigh, and closed her eyes. She didn't even feel him gather his stuff and let himself out.

*

She woke up early, still on the couch and wrapped in her robe, and lay there running through the events of the previous night. The measurements, their talk. But mostly she thought of his body. Young and virile and lovely. His scent. His sexy moans. His taste.

His effect on her was undeniable. She stroked her palms over her small breasts, nipples already erect, pleasure radiating through her. She breathed deeply and let it out slowly in a luxurious moan. Her fingertips found her sex already wet, her clitoris swollen and ready. She remembered how Garnet had interrupted her pleasure the previous night. Time to take care of unfinished business.

Except...he'd told her not to. Told her to deny herself and hold in her Daemonic energy. To let it build inside her. He was her "Master" now - in name only, of course - her guide on the strange, scary, exhilarating journey they were on together. She'd accepted the Pact, accepted him. Would it be right to act against his will?

He'd never know, of course. And the sheer pleasure of her wet fingers on her swollen bud made it tempting to take steal some pleasure while he wasn't around. Besides, it served no purpose to deny herself - she wasn't a Daemon, and she didn't have Daemonic energy. Right? Despite all the compelling evidence to the contrary she was secure in her identity as a human. It was silly to doubt something she'd accepted as fact for more than fifty years. Silly!

She sighed and dragged her fingers away from her overheated slit. Somehow it didn't feel comfortable to dismiss his instructions so casually. It bothered her to go against his wishes.

And then it bothered her that it bothered her. It wasn't his place to tell her how to behave! He'd over-stepped his bounds last night. She'd confront him about it when he returned that evening, set him straight. She could accept a physical relationship with him - she'd come that far, at least - but there had to be limits. She was an adult after all.

An adult human.

Definitely not a Daemon.

*

The day was lasting forever!

She'd done the linens, read the paper, sorted the recycling, watched a movie online and cleaned both bathrooms - and it was still only eleven thirty! Garnet wouldn't be by for another eight hours.

She decided to get a jump on the dusting, even though it wasn't the day for it. Even that only ate up ninety minutes.

She jumped back online and tried to immerse herself in another movie but she got restless a few minutes in and shut it down. One-twenty in the afternoon. Six hours left.

A cat nap on the couch burned through another forty-five minutes. After that she started cutting vegetables and seasoning meat before loading it all into a slow-cooker. Bill had always enjoyed stew - she figured her Garnet would enjoy it too.

Three o'clock. Four-plus hours to go.

She ran a hot shower and spent time washing - paying extra attention to be sure every crack and crevasse was clean. There was no telling what Garnet would decide to "measure" next - she wanted to be ready.

She shaved her armpits and legs again, even though they didn't need it, and trimmed her pubic hair a little more. Originally she hadn't wanted to draw attention to that part of her but things were different now and there was nothing wrong with looking her best.

And in that vein, was the pink, Terri-cloth bath robe really the best option to wear for his visits? It wasn't like she didn't have other choices; Bill had kept her well-supplied with night attire. Some of it she hadn't worn in years - maybe it was time to bring it out of retirement. Nothing indecent, of course. Not yet, anyway. But it wouldn't be a bad thing to dress a bit more attractively. To let Garnet know that he held a special place in her eyes.

She picked out a cream-coloured, short, silk robe. Thin but not see-through, it fell to mid-thigh. He'd be sneaking peeks all evening, trying not to blush that adorable pink. She grinned at the thought of it. She considered underwear with it but dismissed the idea. The time for modesty was long past. Plus, it was more convenient this way if there were more measurements to be taken.

Four o'clock. She growled.

It was a little cold so she turned down the air conditioning a few degrees. Stirred the stew in the slow-cooker and added a little more black pepper. Wiped down the counters. Cleaned the coffee maker. She thought about giving the fridge a thorough cleaning, but what if Garnet unexpectedly showed up early, when she was half done, the contents of her fridge scattered around the kitchen? Better to save that for tomorrow, when she had more time. She got so little time with him, she wanted to be sure she could give him all her attention when he was there.

Really, it didn't make sense for him to go home every evening if he was just going to come all the way back the following day. She had a guest room. She had a second bathroom. Her house was closer to Big Deal where he worked. What an inconvenience for him to do all that driving, and so unnecessary!

Four twenty-five.

Monica sat on a loveseat in front of the front bay window, tucking her feet under her. She had a good view of the driveway from there, so she'd see him when he pulled up. It was too late to start anything major this late in the day. She quickly checked on the slow-cooker again and added a pinch more pepper. The inside of the house felt a little warmer now, and she took another quick nap on the loveseat. The sound of a car outside woke her up, but it was only one of the neighbors.

Five-ten. Just two hours left, maybe a little more than that.

She could do some yoga, except she didn't want to get sweaty before Garnet arrived. Tomorrow, for sure. That, and cleaning the fridge. She checked on the stew again. Was it too peppery? She could make some rice to go with it, although Bill had always liked it without rice. She wished she knew what foods Garnet liked. She'd have to ask tonight.

She should start a list of things she wanted to speak to him about. His favourite foods. Staying in her guest room at night, to save that awful driving. What else? Oh, the touching - she should be allowed to touch herself. It wasn't his place to tell her whether to touch or not.

Although really, it wasn't such an imposition. His heart was in the right place, trying to help her. It's not like he was being unreasonable about it. And besides, he wasn't experienced with women - he probably hadn't even realized what she was trying to do. Did she really want to make a big case of it? If she started arguing about every little thing it would dampen his enthusiasm for coming around every evening. She decided to leave that item off the list, for now.

Five-thirty.

She sat on the loveseat again, peering out at the driveway. Every so often she looked down and smoothed out a crease in her robe. Seized by an idea, she recovered the newspaper classified ads from the recycling. She usually skipped over that section of the paper, but it would be just the thing to pass the time. She read the 'help wanted' and 'personal ads' sections too before returning the newspaper to the recycling.

Six o'clock. A little over an hour left.

She sighed as she gazed out at her empty driveway. She'd sold the car when Bill had died. Lots of room for Garnet's car now. There was no reason he shouldn't be staying over, really.

What if he decided to stay tonight? She leaped off the loveseat and hurried to the guest room, changing the sheets on the queen-sized bed. They weren't dirty - the bed hadn't been slept in for years - but she knew Garnet would appreciate fresh-smelling sheets. She did a once-over of the guest bathroom, too. She'd just cleaned it that morning, but not with the intent of Garnet using it. She made doubly sure there was a new bar of soap and some shampoo. She'd have to ask him what his favourite brand was. Another question for the list.

Six-forty.

Monica checked the stew again and returned to her sentry post on the loveseat. He could pull in at any moment. She didn't want to miss it so she decided just to sit and wait it out. She'd been patient all day - another thirty or forty minutes wouldn't matter.

*

"This is really good!" he said, clearly relishing each mouthful of stew.

"Not too peppery?"

He shook his head. "Perfect."

She smiled, secretly relieved. "There's lots, so why not take some for your lunch tomorrow?"

"You're too good to me."

"I took an oath to support you, didn't I?"

"You're more than holding up your end. I'm going to have to work harder just to live up to your example."

"Nonsense," she said, quietly pleased by the acknowledgment. "I enjoy cooking, but since Bill passed on I don't have anyone to cook for. And I have this big house and only me living here."

"Are you thinking about downsizing?"

She sighed inwardly. Again, he'd completely missed the point. It was his youth, she supposed; in a few more years he'd get better at reading between the lines. In the meantime, she'd have to get used to being more direct.

"So, maybe you should think about staying here during the week. Overnight, I mean. Less hassle for you and a shorter commute as well."

He looked up at her with surprise. "That would really put you out. I'm sure it would be a huge headache for you."

"I feel bad, you having to do all that driving, even late at night."

"It's worth it, for the chance to work with you."

"And wouldn't it be a lot easier to work with me if you stayed here? That way instead of driving you could be doing experiments or taking measurements...doing more to further your life's work - and your grandfather's legacy."

The mention of his grandfather caused him to pause and reflect on her words, as she knew it would. He ate another mouthful of stew and slowly nodded his head.

"I guess there would be more opportunities to learn about you if I was here more."

"And I have lots of space. You'd have your own room and bathroom."

"I couldn't move in - I still have my grandfather's condo to look after. But maybe...we could try it a few days per week?"

"I think that's a good idea."

He nodded again as he ate another bite. She let the matter drop, confident he was seeing things her way. A few minutes passed in companionable silence. The house felt so different when he was there. Warmer, somehow. More comfortable. Vibrant with his unique energy.

"More stew?" As Monica pushed her chair back she saw him sneak a fleeting glance at the flash of upper thigh peeking through the front of her short robe. His interest was obvious in his eyes. Did he suspect she was bare under the thin silk? He surely knew she was bra-less; her nipples were clearly outlined under the smooth fabric.

"Um, no thanks. This stew was REALLY good, thanks again. I hope you don't feel like you have to go to all this trouble. I can always grab something on the way over to save you the work."

Such a polite man - she'd admired that about him right from the start.

"It's a joy to cook for you," she said, taking the dishes to the sink and soaking them. "So? What did you have for me tonight?"

"I want to take a baseline measurement of your Daemonic energy."

"How does that work?"

"We use the Daemonic Voltometer."

"Come again?"

"It's a wooden box with copper handles on each side. I had it with me last night but we never got around to using it. Basically, you grab the handles and the needle on the gauge will jump to a number. That becomes your reading."

"I remember seeing it. I suppose I need to be in my 'natural state' for that measurement too?" She hoped she didn't sound too eager at the prospect of being naked for him again. Had it only been one night ago that the idea of nudity had seemed daunting?

He laughed. "Good news! I won't even be in the room when you take the measurement. They discovered that human energies were throwing off the results, so I have to be at least thirty feet away when you take the reading."

"What number should I be aiming at?"

"It's not like that. Just report whatever number you get and that will be fine. There's not a prize for scoring high or anything," he said, smiling at his own joke.

"Well, why not get it set up on the kitchen table? Thirty feet would put you...outside in the driveway?"

"Sounds good. The measurement takes literally a second."

"I'll give it my best."

*

She faced the glass-covered gauge mounted on the front of the cinder block-sized box. The numbers ranged from zero to one hundred and eighty. The needle was very thin and silver-coloured - a little difficult to make out against the white background of the gauge. She hoped she'd be able to see it well enough to take a good measurement.

Garnet had left the house. She was to wave him back inside when she was done. She took a deep breath and positioned her hands close to the copper grips on the sides of the box. For some reason, the moment felt important; the weight of it pressed down on her. She realized her hands were shaking a little.

Steeling herself, she gently closed her hands over the handles.

The needle made a little jump. The measurement was 'three'.

Was that good enough? Three out of a potential one-eighty didn't sound like a good score. She'd hate for Garnet to question her effort - or worse, to question the authenticity of her Daemonic heritage. Not that she was a Daemon, of course. She just didn't want him to feel discouraged. It was so important to him. To her, too.

She let go of the handles, then grabbed them again.

Three. Or...maybe that time, the needle was closer to the five than the three. It was such a thin needle, it was hard to be absolutely sure. Just to be on the safe side, she decided to report a 'five'. After all, she'd probably messed up the measurement the first time, due to jitters. Her eyes could play tricks on her when she was nervous.

She let go of the handles and waved at him through the bay window. When he came in she reported the 'five', watching his face carefully for any sign of disappointment. He just smiled and nodded, then went to record her reading. She followed him into the living room.

"So, is 'five' a good score?" she asked, trying to sound only mildly interested.

"It's not a matter of good or bad. The data itself is incredibly rare and valuable."

"What kind of reading would a Daemon typically get?"

"Oh, it can vary. The important thing is YOUR score."

She stifled a frustrated growl. Was he being deliberately evasive? She kept her own voice light and casual.

"So your grandfather's Familiar...Anna? What were her readings like?"

Garnet put down his notebook, gently rested his warm hands on her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes. "It's not a competition. Your score is the only important thing as far as I'm concerned."

"I just want to do my best. You're an amazing Master - so dedicated - and I want to be the greatest Familiar possible."

"After that stew you made, the title is yours," he said with a smile, and she couldn't help but return it.

"Fine. But...it's going to get higher, right?" she said, enjoying his eyes on her.

"That's part of what we're researching. I want to find ways to raise your energy levels."

"Why? What's so great about having lots of energy?"

He stepped back and took her hand, then pulled her down onto the couch next to him. The robe rode up to the tops of her thighs, scarcely concealing her sex. His eyes dipped lower for a moment. He'd noticed. It felt warm and sexy to be like this for him.

"Daemonic energy is like any other kind of energy. The more you have, the more you can do with it."

"What can you do with Daemonic energy?"

"The journals tell of Familiars with healing powers, psychic powers, the ability to foretell future events and make prophesies. The one I told you about who lived in the farmhouse could make it rain. My grandfather swore that Anna could control the temperature of the room using only her Daemonic energy."

"Sounds useful."

"Well...I'm more interested in studying it than in using it."

"So how will we increase my readings? Is there a plan?"

"I was thinking of what you said last night - that your energy might be related to your arousal. So why not focus on that? We'll build your arousal to high levels over a few weeks, and take periodic measurements to see if there's any effect on your energy readings."

She felt a surge of heat as her whole body seemed to flush. The idea that her Master would be devoting his efforts to increasing her arousal was irresistible. An idea that would have horrified her a week ago sounded almost too good to be true in light of the last couple of nights. Something had changed in her...something fundamental. Garnet was affecting her in ways she didn't understand and couldn't have predicted, but which were real and undeniable.

It was the Pact. It had to be. The night she'd sworn her oath to the young Knight-Observer had transformed her, even though she wasn't a Daemon.

She wasn't a Daemon. She was sure of that. Mostly.

It was a few moments before she could find her voice, and even then it came as a whisper.

"I can't wait to get started."

North200
North200
475 Followers