All Comments on 'That Old House'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 382 Comments (Page 3)
Tall_kTall_kover 7 years ago
Just WOW

Your stories are absolutely amazing!! The characters and plots are so wonderfully engaging. I have rarely felt myself being drawn into stories as I have with yours. This tale is especially great because not only does it have your usual cast of engaging characters, it also has unique plot AND (I believe), the ever-elusive perfect ratio of sex to plot. I couldn't put it down last night. PLEASE, keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful

An excellent, catch the reader and hold on, story. Thank you for a really good read.

GreenShoesGreenShoesover 7 years ago
Absolutely engaging.

This story to me was phenomenal, thank you so much for sharing. It has been a great read, and warranted my very first registration and comment after years on this site. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
this was awesome

I must admit I loved every aspect of this story. It was amazingly written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THAT HOUSE

Great story. Couldn't stop reading. Hope you come up with more stories.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 7 years ago
Too late

Can't believe I didn't read this when it was out 3 years ago. I had seen your name but was so wrapped up in my own writing I didn't read many others, if only not to copy by accident.

I couldn't have written a haunted story better than this! The writing was impeccable and I adored the characters.

I, too, wanted an answer to the spirits on the 3rd floor. It was up during civil war so lots of angry soldiers but still....missed something. And yes, the ending was a bit rushed but after 100 pages I can relate... you just wanted it over. Lol

Loved hearing of my hometown, Dulles/northern VA. But the Chesapeake isn't really near Dulles and certainly not an hour from Fredericksburg. With TX in your name not sure if you're a Texan or not. I find it difficult to write of a town I've never been...

Okay, enough critics. LOVED it beyond words. You are one of the better authors on this site. It seems ones from 2 years ago are gone and self-publishing for the money. Good for them but sad for us.

AWESOME SAUCE!

Fred78Fred78over 7 years ago
Absolutely fabulous

You are very gifted. This was truly a great read and I love your style. Enough details to paint the broad picture, while letting the reader fill in micro details. The pace is exactly right, and let's it flow. I am going through all your stories now and am impressed and enjoying it. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It was a really great story

RevlemmonRevlemmonover 7 years ago
Thanks for the read.

Wow just wow. Great story, glad I found this gem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This may be one of the finest short stories I've ever read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
loving feeling

This story is to show how love can actually show how strong love can be. Yes I know the is fictional. There is plenty of evidence out there to prove how strong love is for some people. I loved reading this story and other of stories by the same author. I do not mind that there is not allot of sex content the stories can stand on their own as it is. please keep up with the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I lived for this XD

I loved it and I hope you can write more like this story I would give you my email so u could email similar but yeah sorry

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Wow, what an amazing story! Loved it!!

violetnekovioletnekoover 7 years ago
Just amazing

This is an amazing story, worthy of publishing. The details are well done and the characteristic fleshed out. You built this story as he built the house. Just pulls you in.

justdabearjustdabearover 7 years ago
Awesome

This should be made into a movie!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Best story I've read here

Wow. Bravo! I was 100% immersed in the world. I would gladly read this again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding!

What a great story! This is far beyond what I would expect to find on a website. I re ad this in a single sitting. It was compelling. Consider going back in, expanding the characters, adding some backstory. I think this really could be a good full-length novel. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done!

Easily one of the best stories on the site!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

As usual, you knocked our socks off. I agree, this would make a great movie!

Don't ever stop writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesomeness!!!

I absolutely loved it! The details were excellent and I felt a genuine connection with the characters. Definitely my favorite story thus far!

aussie_101aussie_101over 7 years ago
Brilliant!

Really enjoyed this story, couldn't put it down. Most worthy of its place in the highest-rated charts. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Second time reading this and loved it more if possible. I often try to find the places in a story, but this one stumped me, since Fredricksburg and Millville didn't fit distance and timelines.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
wonderful

Well written..really enjoyed the story. It's intriguing and very interesting. Kudos

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOW

My house is 100+years old and needed a lot of work, but not as much as the one in your story. I had little help but it helped to make your tale more solid.. I have lived in houses in the past that were haunted butnot by malevolent spirits.cI had my closest contact with a female spirit that had died in child birth and was always asking if I had seen her baby in a thick portugese accent. With some help from a clairvoint friend we convinced her to go to the light to find her child. We never felt her presence again and the feelof the house was much lighter. Ghosts do exist and are not to be messed with.

I loved your story and look forward to more from you in the future.

thanks from the old biker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Incredible

A beautifully written story with an interesting and intriguing plot. More like this please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
simply perfect

You should seriously think about submitting this story to someone who would be in a position to have it turned into a movie. I am a heavy reader of books that were made into movies and this one is by far one of the best i have ever had the pleasure of reading.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
Loved this...

Too bad we'll never know quite what the evil was.... Something pre-existing to the house - based in the area - Or some VERY bad people who died around the origin of the house...

But I loved that Bev saved them from it...

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 7 years ago
Wow really great read!

While this is not a section I normally read the author is one of my favorites which is what got me to read. So very pleased I did read - throughly enjoyable reading time.

A sincere thank you for writing and sharing this story and all your other writings. Good story, good characters and severalt twists to add to the story with great effect!

As I paraphrase another writer - please keep writing and I will keep reading! I will add checking on my favorite authors which is how I found this reading diamond worth 5+ stars. Highest compliment I can give - I will be reading this story again!!!

AntirevAntirevalmost 7 years ago
Great

I don't normally read in this Genre of stories but this was well crafted. I started and took no breaks I had to reach the ending.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 7 years ago
good the second time around

I got more of the story this time because I was rushing to see what was going to happen next

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Excellent so well written and enjoyable

Drago566Drago566almost 7 years ago
Wow!!!

First story I have read in this category and I loved it!!!

Great Job man keep it up!!!

Your Awesome!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely the best

Best story I have read on here. And I've been reading stories here for fourteen years. Had me laughing, crying, and appropriately arroused. BRAVO!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Movie

I loved this tale. This has the makings of a movie. Please consider turning it into a screenplay and trying to attract a producer.

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 7 years ago
Oh my

Read this story long time ago

Took my time to reread it

Great!!!

Ordinary_ParadoxOrdinary_Paradoxalmost 7 years ago
Top Shelf Story Spinning

One of the best stories I have ever read. An honest-to-goodness page turner.

An impossibly rare horror story where you don't have to suspend disbelief.

On this site, I read one whole sentence in five, skim the rest, get irritated if more than three pages.

This one, I couldn't stop reading every word - all fifteen pages.

Has everything well done. Criticism: three trite phrases. Out of fifteen pages, that is fabulous.

If you only have time for one medium-length story, read this one.

If you only have time for one short story, read this one anyway.

Otherwise, when you finally get around to this one, you will regret not reading it earlier.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic!

One of the best stories that I have read in a long time!

The Old Racer

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent!

Unfortunately, I can't give it 10 stars. You're very best.

DarktaviousDarktaviousover 6 years ago
Amazing again

I had to read this one again. I read it when you first wrote it for the contest, I couldn't stop reading it. I was obsessed. And here again, I was obsessed reading it all over again. Wish I could give 10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great work.

By far out of all others written by you TX, I like it the best. Question for you if you're reading this...... Ever consider writing romance novels as a side gig? My X reads some similar to what you write. Great character building & at times.... Story lines have been well developed with thought & care. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love Endures Forever

This story left me breathless.It's 5 am, only stopped reading to go to bathroom, started last night , just finished reading.Excellentisimo///.What a plot, great character development, continuity, all greatly.written with insight and.love.Love conquers evil, adversity, and time and distance. Truly hope you will continue this saga of enchantment.Bev was reincarnated in Mary's image, so she can continue to be with.her "son and grands", this time around, prolonging Bev's life which was.close to it's end, and giving Mary a longer life this time around.Jack and his three ladies live happily ever after..Now I can go to sleep.Good nite sweet Prince Jack.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thoroughly WOWED!!!

Maybe I'm just a big scaredy cat, but I don't normally read horror stories. I can't fathom what brought me to this category and I don't know how I found this story, in particular, but I'm oooooh so glad I did! It's not only one of the best I've read on this site. It's one of the best I've ever read, period! I greatly appreciate your sharing this with us. Lacking your eloquence to convey my enjoyment, I'm just going to end this by saying, WOW!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thankful

I'm thankful that writing these stories seems to be a labor of love for you, because I sure love reading them, and sharing with a friend! :) Regarding this one, lovvvved the creativity!

shallowhandshallowhandover 6 years ago
Fantastic

Love this story, perfect blend between plot and erotica. 5 stars :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This was a delight to read. A departure from my usual preferences that I found refreshing. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Loved it...wished there was a back story of how the dark ones came to be but all in all ..excellent story line..keep it up!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best Story

Best story have ever had the pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I don’t even like ghost stories

But loved this one! Thank you again for the stories, may they continue to come forever (no, don’t get any ideas on becoming a ghost at Literotica ;) ).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Character connection

I really felt a connection between Jack and myself. I grew up in Virginia and knew of a number of old estates, though none of them had fallen into disrepair like you described, but it was easy for me to imagine.

Slow build to the horror and mystery surrounding the house. (spoiler) Bev's death had me in tears. Were the evil spirits soldiers or deserters that had died on the property?

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Well look at that... almost a year since I read this last...

Too bad I can't give you some more stars because the story definitely warrants it...

Still enjoying it and appreciate all the work that went into it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
awesome story dude!!!

you'd be surprised at how much of that could actually happen

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Extraordinary

I knew you could write, but that was brilliant. It would have been nice to know how Jack was related. Because it's hard to believe he wasn't. A far-off cousin, perhaps, raised in foster homes, still dimly able to feel the ancestral pull, the connection that those born to the House all know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
'Impressed', as a word, seems too minimal!!

Without doubt, the best story I've ever read on Literotica, and I've here for years. I actually wondered, near the end, if Bev wasn't Mary daughter, who'd miraculously survived, all those years back. Regardless, this was a thrill for me and I broke it up into several relaxed readings! Thanks for your effort!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
rating

Well written. well done.

rating, a perfect ten.

Mojo648Mojo648almost 6 years ago
Review.

All I can say is, unique, the story's better than I thought it would be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Amazing

A very interesting tale, I certainly loved the characters traits....very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
INCREDIBLE

This is a magnificent story! Wonderful writing, thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you again

Even better the second time.

Dick

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dammit.

How can I jack-off through all these tears?

darvydarvyover 5 years ago
Incredible story

Absolutely awesome story! Could not stop reading it!

justdabearjustdabearover 5 years ago

I have read this story at least 7 times, and it never gets old.

joep01joep01over 5 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Thanks for a great story. It was fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OMG

I. LOVE. This. Story!!! (2nd reading)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I couldn't wait to finish this. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best, sweet story, damn near lost it.

Such a different, sweet story of pure love, loss, and the deeper love that grew from it. Hard to keep the sniffles at bay more than once and I am 64 and a bit of a tough nut. Not nice to make an old man cry but you did a good job of it. Loved it. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Best story ever

This story was the first story that I decided was worth commenting on. The plot and sex enraptured me to no ends, causing me to finish the story in a mad rush. The characters were so well-constructed and realistic that I feel as if Mary was sitting with me as I am reading. Definitely the best I ever read. Thank you!!! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
thank you

very sweet enduring and enticing story that kept my interest all the way thru

ThandrosThandrosabout 5 years ago
The best!

This is by far the best story I've ever read in this category! Exceptionally well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
f**king awsome!!!!!

amazing!!!!! just amazing!!!!!

you must come with a sequal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The best story ever here!!

Loved it so much! Beautifully constructed with well thought out character arcs for everyone. Loved the plot and how it progresses slowly, gradually without the urgency to finish it! On the whole, it is perfect! This needs to be made into a movie or a person series :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Incredible

Easily the best story on the site.

readyrider53readyrider53almost 5 years ago
This was a fantastic story. I couldn't wait to get to the next part. I hope you will write dome more.

If you want to read a good story this is it. You won't be dissapointed.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 4 years ago
Wow, just wow

This was beautifully written, and exactly what I was looking for in a story. Thank you for all of the work you put into crafting this gem.

camtrezcamtrezover 4 years ago
The new James Herbert

Throughly good page turner. In the mold of James Herbert a terrific hirror/occult writer. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My first comment

First time I have wanted to leave a comment.

Loved this story, some more about the house, maybe Mary's story, then the civil war and how the first fire started ?

Just a thought, thanks for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I just had to write a First comment ever

I came here to read a story just about adult things and wow I left here read a story that I wish was in a book form

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
Oh Man

I enjoyed the shit out of this one! Hardly eloquent, I know, but that was my first reaction when I finished reading and thought you might like a completely honest opinion. Loved the characters and the building menace, while always fearing that tragedy might doom them all. Sure, there were unanswered questions, but that's so much more real than a neat little parcel of facts to tie everything up with a pretty little bow.

Respect, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome

Very very well written, couldn't wait to read the next chapter

DeadmanwadeDeadmanwadeover 4 years ago
Amazing, simply amazing.

One of the best stories on this site. I love it so much!

Lillith87Lillith87over 4 years ago
Perfect story

This is such a great story and so well written. I would pay for this in book form! You should be published!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Slow burn but fizzles out

I really liked the concepts of this story

Pages 1-13 did excellent in world building character development and plot but the ending just seemed rushed like you only had 15 pages to work with or you had a deadline

I’d like a more fleshed out ending

The ending is paramount

7.5/10

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing

Thank you for such a great read. I was so sad when it ended. I want more of these characters please try and publish or expand on this book.

rider66rider66almost 4 years ago
Excellent read! Thank You!

You have a wonderful talent, thank you for this lovely story. I hope you continue, and consider publication.if at all possible.

dasinclevedasinclevealmost 4 years ago

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent for storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Best!!!

This is one of the best works I've ever read!

The brilliance is simply divine!

Please, keep on writing, and you'll make it.

Thank you!

ScrumfScrumfalmost 4 years ago
I never comment, but you've more than earned the positive feedback.

The horror element was so well incorporated, I was very positively surprised. Most "horror" themes simply involve sexual encounters with ghosts/related paranormal entities; which aren't scary, on their own. But you introduced a real threat, one feared by all of the occupants, both living and non. There was real danger, along with some pretty tense moments.

I love your attention to details. Your characters felt real, and so did the house. It reminded me of "home". I grew up in a 200 yr old Victorian, not so far from your story's setting. Lots of crazy things happened there. Although I was ripped off on the ghost sex front, we definitely weren't alone there.

I would love to know more about this home's history, and possibly find out where the malevolent spirits came from. Even with so much detail already written, the history of the house would be a story worth reading, all on it's own.

greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
Wow.

I read it today and have to comment before I forget. Best story I have read up to my 64th birthday. Anything after that I don't remember. Maybe if I read it every day for a week I will remember it. I am going to read all of your stories now.

AwkwardOrpheusAwkwardOrpheusover 3 years ago
It held me captive

Sometimes, but very often, I found myself skipping the sex and jumping to the rest of the story. Too good, too short.

sundown08sundown08over 3 years ago

What an amazing story! You are an excellent writer. I could not stop reading!!!!!

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
Fantastic Story

Has to be the best story I've read in a long time. The creativity here kept me so engrossed. Couldn't stop start to finish. Thanks for writing. 5 stars and wish it could be more.

Dark_RavenDark_Ravenover 3 years ago
Loved it!

Great story! The only thing I felt was missing is that Jack never said, "I love you" to Mary, and she didn't say that to him. I really fell in love with Mary more than Karen, and felt that Jack and Mary's relationship could have been more romantic and based more on love than just constant sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Just excellent...i also skimmed past the sex... Great story...

-jaye-

Hooked_on_SmutHooked_on_Smutover 3 years ago
Gave 5 star. Mary vs Karen....

Love the "sex" with Mary, although wanting more. Like maybe Mary could solidify enough for Jack to lick her... urhm... little bean, and provide some oral pleasure... or

hold her throughout a whole session and fell asleep with her in his arms like he mentioned to her.

Like the other reader, I also prefer Mary way more than Karen. Not sure why, but I don't like Karen much. I kinda wish and was hoping that Karen either:

1. Be a major b1tch and cheated on Jack so he kicked her out of his life, and Mary would mend his broken heart with even more BJs.

2. Couldn't take the craziness and just left Jack & Bev & The House, for good; OR

3 Somehow just died outside the house so her spirit wouldn't be in the house. Like an accident or died from childbirth.

Knew from the start it was Mary giving him treats during the 1st & 2nd night with Karen

And yes, Jack should say " I love you" and more often to Mary especially when he considered Mary his first girl initially and Karen second.

I think maybe I just don't get it why Jack loved Karen sooo much when they hardly knew each other because she hasn't really done anything substantial, apart from taking care of Beth which was her job. I guess I believe in Lust at first sight more than love at first sight.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 3 years ago
Hooked from the start.

Once I started reading this story I just had to read to the finish. Not sure I like how Karen was not able to participate in the love of the two house guests. I'm thinking it would be a huge strain on their marriage that could possibly end it. Think of the terror she went through and not be able to understand those happenings. The rest of the story was outstanding and had me teary-eyed at the appropriate places. Thanks for a five star story.

Rocco1960Rocco1960about 3 years ago
Wonderful!

It got me hooked from the beginning. Wonderfully written!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Oh my goodness. This is the first story on this site which ive EVER wanted to comment on. I honestly can't get over how incredible it was to read this; I absolutely was not expecting there to be any sort of horror in this one, but you did it SO WELL. Mary's desperation to keep everyone away from the third floor, and Jack's sheer determination was so fucking palpable.

The ensuing conflict and the comfort which the two of them took from each other was intense, and sweet.

I would've have loved to read more of this, it was so fun and interesting to read. Definitely the best story I've read in a looooong time. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Best ghost/love story

Great story, ot should be published!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story. Very well written unlike most other stories in this site. You could definitely extend this story to create a book. There are some flaws though. As many other users pointed out the ending is rushed and a lot of the readers questions are left unanswered. If you tied up those loose ends, provided more details on the characters and their backstories and further explained Karen's and Jack's relationship you will have a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I cried. Full on sobbing. Just thinking about my spirit here. How sad and angry he always is. I just want to help but he doesn't like me. I wish I couls help them get to where they need to go. Good night. 3:19 AM Eastern Standard Time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story but wish you would let him told girls about Mary when he gave the gifts. Telling them while they were fussing over keeping the jewelry would have been a bigger impact. Let them know then why they had to keep each piece would have been great. Then when he found out about the danger he should have convinced Mary it was time.. Very least he should have been having conversation with Mary about showing them. It just feels like you’re dragging it out to make the story longer. Really not much happening story wise just filler stuff. The middle section should be condensed. Good story just needlessly long

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20412 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).