That Summer Pt. 01

Story Info
A young man’s torrid affair with an older married woman.
7.7k words
4.69
62.5k
81

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dloveSF
dloveSF
142 Followers

This is the first in a three-part series.

Ending And Beginning

Davey was glad to have graduated from high school, which he hated. But he wasn't really looking forward to his summer before starting college. He was 18. It was 1977.

He had no girlfriend -- he was a little shy and all the weed he smoked didn't help his self-confidence or ability to form complete, coherent sentences to impress the girls. He was tall, dark, good-looking, and smart, but often felt tongue-tied around them, especially girls he was attracted to.

He loved reading -- Hunter S. Thompson and Jack Kerouac were his favorites -- and to hike and fish but he didn't do team sports. His best chances were with aspiring hippie type girls, who also smoked a lot of weed and got as cotton-mouthed and self-conscious as he did. In his off-beat crowd, "dating" was not considered cool. Not surprisingly, his experience with girls had been sporadic and limited, though he managed to lose his virginity the year before, just barely. Sexually, he was, to paraphrase a John Prine song, his own best friend.

His small, close group of buddies were scattering to the four winds that summer: traveling, heading to Alaska to make big money on the fishing boats, or getting settled early in college towns. The gang was having a final get together at his friend Mark's house, just a few blocks from where Davey lived. But Mark was leaving too, to spend the summer in the wilderness somewhere on an Outward Bound adventure.

Mark's place had been their unofficial hangout. Mark's mom and dad were very social, and drinkers, and were often out in the evenings. When they were home, they stayed away from Mark's bedroom -- probably to avoid seeing things they did not want to see.

Davey remembered when Mark's dad, Steve, once walked into the room without knocking and just stood there staring at the triple beam scale on the desk and the rows of baggies full of weed laid out across the bed. He said nothing, turned and walked out, and never said a word about it. He was a good guy and a man of few words who apparently did not want to waste any on that disturbing scene. It was the 70s and Davey and his friends regularly got away with murder.

Like the time Mark's parents went out for the evening only to come back many hours earlier than expected. When they suddenly reappeared without warning, the lights had been changed to multi-colored bulbs, music was blaring, and the acid had come on. Mark's cool older half-sister, Ann, was with his mom and dad. She figured out what was going on in no time, shaking her head and chuckling. But not Mark's parents, who just laughed at their shenanigans and poured another vodka and tonic. The boys loved it there.

Davey liked Steve and his wife, Sandy. They were hospitable and funny and genuinely liked their son's friends. Davey and the gang felt like honorary members of the family and they came and went freely at all hours, even if Mark wasn't home. They called his parents "Steve" and "Sandy."

Davey particularly liked Sandy. In her early forties, she was very attractive and vivacious. She was slim with full breasts and an elegant yet down to earth style. She had a great smile and loved to tease and joke with the guys. She didn't talk down to them and made them feel at home. She had a special affinity for Davey. Unlike most of his friends, he was attracted to older women. Maybe she sensed that. Sandy was the frequent subject of his sexual musings.

The farewell get-together at Mark's was fun and bittersweet. Everyone knew it was the end of an era. Steve barbecued and Sandy cooked and was entertained by the guys, who gathered around her. Davey, having more social graces than his friends, offered to help her. She gladly accepted and asked him to help shuck the corn. Davey liked her standing so close. He watched her breasts move as she tore into the ears of corn to show him how. He loved her smile, among other things.

There was much laughing and storytelling. As was often the case, Steve's heavier drinking caught up with him and he went off to bed on the early side. Davey noticed Sandy shaking her head as Steve left the party.

As the festivities came to an end, Sandy stood at the door and hugged each of the guys on their way out. Davey was last. She held his shoulders and looked him in the eye, smiling that smile.

"At least you aren't deserting us this summer, Davey! You know you're always welcome here anytime. Come swim in the pool when it gets hot. And maybe you can make some spending money doing some of the chores around here that Mark's running away from." She hugged him tight and kissed his cheek.

Walking home, Davey thought about how nice she smelled and felt up against him. He was relieved his erection only came as he turned and walked out the door.

Stolen Glances

Two weeks later Davey walked by Mark's house, headed to the hitch-hiking spot out on the main road. Sandy was watering in front and called out to him.

"Hi Davey!" She beamed at him. "That darn Mark has run off for the summer and I can't get the lawn mower started. Do you have a minute to look at it for me?"

"Sure," he replied. He was glad to see her.

She put her arm around his shoulder as they walked in. Davey noticed when her breast touched him.

"How's your summer going so far?" she asked as they walked through the house.

"It's been ok. Just doing my handyman work and reading mostly."

"Well, like I said, you can make some money doing projects around here. Steve's at work all the time and doesn't like to do them anyway. Kind of useless. Changing the subject, what about a girlfriend? Has some sweet young thing snatched you up yet?"

"Not yet, but I'm ready to be snatched," he said, returning her smile.

"Any girl with half a brain would be a fool to let you get away."

"Feel free to tell them that, Sandy," he joked as they walked to the backyard.

"So, here's the uncooperative mower." She stood over it with her arms crossed over her chest.

Davey bent down and looked at the mower. She hadn't pulled the choke when she tried starting it.

"I see the problem. When it's not warmed up you need to pull out this knob before starting it," he said.

"Ah ha! This why I need a useful man around the house!"

"I can get it going and mow the yard for you. I've got time," he replied.

"That would be wonderful, Davey! I've got to get ready for a ladies' lunch that starts soon."

"No problem; happy to do it," he said.

"Thanks." Sandy smiled, patted him on the shoulder, then turned and walked into the house. He admired her shapely ass as she walked away.

Davey mowed the lawn in about fifteen minutes. When he turned the mower off, the sliding glass door opened and Sandy came out with a towel around her head, wearing a nightgown.

"Wow, that was fast. In case you're not around next time, can you show me how to start it again?"

Squatting next to the mower, he told her, "First make sure there's gas in the tank," tapping the gas cap. Next he pointed to the choke knob. "Then you pull this all the way out."

Sandy bent down at the waist to watch. As she did, the neck of her nightgown opened wide. Davey found himself looking down the inside of her nightgown. She was wearing a black bra from which her ample breasts overflowed, and lacy white panties. Davey's heart pounded.

"So, like I said, you pull this out first," he repeated, his voice imperceptibly shaking. "Then you pull the cord, and it should start right up. After a couple minutes you push the knob back in."

Still bent over, Sandy said, "Ok. I can do that." Then she straightened back up, seemingly unaware of what she'd accidentally shown Davey. It made quite the impression on his sex-obsessed teenaged brain.

"I've got to run, but thanks so much, Davey!" She kissed him on the cheek. "Don't forget to come swim whenever you'd like. Can I call you if I need more help around here?"

"Of course you can," Davey replied. For the rest of the day he thought about the wonderous sights inside her nightgown.

Working Hard

Davey could not shake his thoughts about Sandy's body, even if he had wanted to, which he did not. Several times over the next week he re-created the scene in his mind as he stood under the shower. Rubbing his cock vigorously with his soapy hands, he came hard and often thinking about what he saw and what he had not seen.

A few days later the phone rang. It was Sandy. Davey's mom picked up and he overheard their friendly conversation.

"That was Mark's mom, Sandy. She'd like to hire you to do some work around their house. She said you can come by anytime. I guess Mark's gone for the summer?" she asked.

"Yep. All summer. I'll head over in a bit and see what needs to be done," he replied casually.

His first urge was to jump in the shower but decided it would only delay his arrival at Sandy's. He was excited to go back but figured he had already had his lucky moment. He still looked forward to seeing her, whatever she was wearing.

As was the custom, he let himself in when he got to the house. Being a weekday, Steve's car was not in the driveway. Sandy was nowhere to be seen. Davey walked back toward her bedroom, calling her name.

"Hi, Davey," she responded from inside her bedroom. "I'll be right out."

He waited in the family room, thumbing through a magazine. After a few minutes Sandy walked in. She was wearing the nightgown.

She sat right next to him on the couch.

"Sorry about my outfit but I was swimming this morning and needed to shower."

"No problem, Sandy. How was your swim?" he asked, trying to sound calm.

"A little cool but refreshing. You really should give it a try. It's going to be super-hot all week."

"Next time I'll bring my bathing suit," he said nonchalantly.

"Good!" Sandy looked at him and smiled.

"What do you need help with today?" He hoped she needed an inexperienced eighteen-year-old lover.

"A bunch of boards are falling off the back fence. I'm trying to keep the critters out so they won't finish eating everything in the yard. Can you fix it for me?"

"Sure. Can you point me at Steve's tools?"

"Absolutely, come with me." She led him into the garage, turned on the light, and pointed at a large toolbox.

"There are nails and screws and things in here." Sandy bent over and opened a drawer. Without hesitating, Davey looked down her open nightgown. She was completely naked underneath. Her large breasts and dark nipples hung down. Between them he could see her flat belly and her brown pubic hair, then her shapely legs.

But he looked too long. When he looked up, she was looking him in the eyes. She must have seen him staring at her body. But she said nothing.

After a moment, she asked, "Do you think that's all you'll need for the fence?"

"I think so," he sputtered.

Maybe she hadn't noticed, or maybe she was just ignoring the awkward scene. That was, after all, the family style when it came to communicating. Between the exhilaration of seeing her naked body, and the abject fear of being caught peeking, Davey was a mess.

"I'll start right away," he managed.

"Thanks, Davey." Sandy's warm smiled helped him relax, a little.

He spent the next two hours with a racing heart and a sore thumb from every time he missed a nail with the hammer. Unfortunately for his thumb, his mind was elsewhere. It seemed she was just going to ignore what had happened, which was a huge relief to Davey. He was terrified she may have noticed; and he was overjoyed to have seen her lovely naked body.

"Lunch time!" Sandy called as she carried a tray from the kitchen to the table next to the pool. She was dressed now, wearing slacks and a tightly fitting blouse that showed off her sexy figure.

"I just finished. Perfect, thanks" he replied.

They ate and talked in the bright warm sunshine. To Davey's relief, she seemed happy and relaxed. When he finished, he got up and said, "I'd better be getting back now." He wondered why on earth he was trying leave. He often mystified himself.

Sandy stood and beckoned him over to her. "The fence looks perfect. You do great work, Davey, and I appreciate your help so much." She pulled him close, giving him a big hug, holding his body tightly against hers for longer than usual. Long enough that he felt his cock hardening in his pants.

Oh God, he thought. I hope she doesn't feel that.

But she said nothing and eventually released her arms. Then she held his face in her hands, getting up on her toes to kiss him on the forehead.

"Have a good day and see you soon, Davey."

"You too, Sandy" he said as he headed out the door. He wanted to see her soon, all of her.

Touching

Davey's showering grew more frequent and frenetic. He spun out wild voyeuristic fantasies about Sandy as he brought himself, over and over, to trembling, spurting orgasms that left him weak in the knees.

She'd been right about the heat wave. It started pushing 100 as the week wore on. Looking for some relief -- of every kind -- he decided to take her up on the swimming offer.

He gathered up his courage, fantasies, and bathing suit and walked over on a blistering hot Thursday afternoon. He let himself in and saw through the floor-to-ceiling living room windows that Sandy was swimming laps in the pool.

He called out to her as he went into the backyard, so he would not frighten her. "Hi, Sandy. It's so hot I thought I'd take you up on your pool offer if you don't mind. I could come back later though if that would be better." He wondered why the hell he offered to leave again. Excessive politeness was his sexual Achilles heel. Or one of them.

"No, now is great and I'm so glad you came to join me!" She smiled at him from the pool. Was that a sly smile?

"Did you bring a suit?" she asked.

"I did. I'll go change."

"You do that!"

Davey went to the bathroom off the kitchen and started taking off his clothes. Sandy was out in the pool, so he didn't bother closing the door all the way. When he was naked and just reaching for his bathing suit, he noticed a movement at the door and looked up.

"I wanted to bring you a nice towel," Sandy said, not averting her eyes from the naked young man in her bathroom.

"I guess we're even now," she laughed as she turned and walked back toward the pool.

So, she had noticed him looking down her nightie. But she didn't seem upset. Davey was living out one of his fantasies, which in his limited, frustrated experience never happened.

He finished tying the drawstrings on his bathing suit and went out to join her in the pool.

She was wearing an attractive one-piece suit that, as was her style, showed off her ample breasts, which looked like they wanted to escape their confines. Davey loved the way they jiggled when she walked. He didn't think she exercised other than swimming, but she had a fine, youthful figure. Her long arms and shapely legs were toned. She was tanned from her time in the pool. Her eyes were pretty and brown, with small smile lines just showing at the corners. Her brown hair was tied up to stay out of the water. She was sitting on the edge of the pool.

"I'm done with my laps, thank God," she said as she slid back into the water. "Join me for the relaxing part!"

Davey joined her in the warm water. "Nice temperature," he commented, smiling.

"I hate it being too cold," she said. The water level just reached her breasts.

Not wanting to get caught staring at them, Davey dropped down under the water to soak his head and hair. When he came up, Sandy had moved closer.

"Sorry about walking in on you, Davey," she said.

"That's ok, Sandy."

"But I guess we've known each other so long we're kind of like family. Don't you think?" She looked him straight in the eyes and smiled.

"That's true," Davey managed, surprised she had brought it up. It was not how her family usually dealt with awkward subjects.

"And you did see me the other day in the garage. And before that by the lawn mower," she said matter of factly.

Uh oh, he thought. I'm so obvious. Damn. But he was intrigued she had noticed without being upset. Had she exposed her body to him on purpose, or had lightening just struck twice?

"I'm really sorry about that, Sandy. It just kind of happened. I should have looked away. It won't happen again," he promised, looking down. He desperately hoped it would happen again.

"Nothing to apologize for, Davey. It's a compliment that a good-looking young guy like you would be interested in seeing an old lady's body." She smiled.

"You're nowhere close to being an old lady, Sandy," he stammered.

"That's sweet of you to say. But I'm old enough to be your mother."

"A very young mother," he replied, smiling.

"Ok, your very young mother." She laughed and patted his arm.

They stood close to each other in the water, without speaking.

Sandy broke the silence. "Did you like what you saw?"

Davey paused. His pulse quickened at her provocative question. But since the conversation was so relaxed, he told her, "Yes, I did. You look great." He realized he could be much more forward when he wasn't high.

"What a nice compliment, thank you!" She reached over and patted his cheek. "Since we're being honest, I've always thought you were so handsome, so I liked seeing your body today, too. I may be old, but not too old to notice what a fine young man you've become. You're so long and lean. You must drive the girls your age wild."

"If I do, they do a great job not showing it," he responded.

"Silly girls," she said, resting her hand on his shoulder. "Can I get you something to drink? I'm having a vodka and tonic."

"That would be great." He loved that they weren't uptight about a little drinking in that house.

Sandy turned and slowly lifted herself out of the pool. Davey watched the water pour off her luscious body, her bathing suit creeping up between her cheeks. As she stood, she adjusted her suit just enough that Davey got a quick glimpse of dark pubic hair. His cock twitched. She turned and smiled then went into the kitchen.

Soon she returned with their drinks, drops of water condensing on the glass in the sweltering heat. She set down the tray, handed Davey his drink, and slipped into the pool close to him.

"To old friends who've seen each other naked!" she said, smiling and clinking her glass against his.

"To naked old friends!" Davey toasted, then drank his cocktail, quickly. He had not even conjured up this scene in his debauched showers. Sandy was close enough that their bare shoulders touched as she sipped her drink.

Wanting to fill the silence, Davey asked, "Do you like swimming laps?"

"It's ok," she replied. "I started doing it to help with this pain I've had in my neck for a while. It's really aggravating."

"Does swimming help?"

"A little. But it still aches at the base of my neck, between my shoulder blades." She reached around and pointed to the spot.

"Massage helps, too," she said as she turned back to face him.

"Can Steve help you with that?"

"Steve has no interest," she replied coolly.

"I'm sorry," Davey lied.

"Could I help you?" He surprised himself with his uncharacteristic audacity. Maybe vodka and tonic should be his new drug of choice.

"I guess you could, being nearly family and all." Sandy smiled. "Here, I'll let you work on my neck and shoulders." Davey was glad his growing erection was submerged.

She leaned over the edge of the pool with her back toward him as he stood behind her. Never having massaged anyone, he hesitated. Then he put his strong hands on her shoulders. Her skin was soft. He moved to her pretty neck and started stroking it, from the base of her head then slowly down.

"Let me get this thing out of the way." She reached around and undid the delicate gold chain around her neck, setting it on the edge of the pool. "That's better."

dloveSF
dloveSF
142 Followers