That Thing Called Fate Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile

Emma and her mother were sharing a nice coffee in the lunch hall, which resided in the basement of the hospital. They were making early arrangements for the new baby that was due in about 5 months time. Emma was excited to get a new little brother or sister. Even if her mother would make a small joke at her expense. "If it's a boy, don't go falling in love with him too."

Emma would laugh a bit at the jokes, but deep down, they were starting to hurt. Almost like a small jab of a dull knife. She knew her mom wasn't trying to embarrass her and didn't have any mean intentions, but Emma would feel bad for the way things had progressed. She knew that her feelings weren't normal but she didn't really care, she had spent the good part of 5 months thinking about every aspect of the life she had envisioned with her brother Sean. From how they could live together, to how to stay undiscovered, to how they could spend forever together. Of course, she hadn't had time to have a long detailed talk with Sean about it yet and she knew right now was not the best time to bring it up either.

Emma had feared the worst with Sean's injury, but she knew he was strong and would eventually come back to her. Even if there was about a 3 day span where she had convinced herself that Sean would wake up with amnesia and would remember her as only his sister. Roxxy had helped her calm those fears by reminding her this was real life and not some cheesy soap opera.

She was very happy to have Roxxy in her life now, as her secret confidant. They had messaged everyday since the accident. Emma was always updating her about Sean's health status. Roxxy finally seemed at peace about not having Sean in her life as she wanted, and actually told Emma she was talking to a nice guy at University. Emma was happy for her, even though in the back of her mind she felt quite cocky, knowing in the end Sean's heart belonged to her. Emma had a thought or two of eventually letting Roxxy join in their fun, under her strict supervision. But for now she wanted Sean all to herself, and even if she craved for his touch more than ever, she knew she couldn't do anything with him for quite some time due to his recovery.

As the two girls talked a bit more, Emma's phone went off. She checked it quickly and relayed to her mother, "He's back in his room."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once back into my hospital room, I tried as hard as I could to keep my eyes open, but I couldn't do so, and was quickly napping. When I awoke again only a couple hours or so had passed. It was now about 3 in the afternoon and the room was empty except the one person I had guessed would be there. Emma.

I finally used my voice again, as the pain had subsided in my throat. "Hey you." I called out. She turned with a wide grin for me.

"Hey yourself, how are you feeling honey?" My heart melted a bit when she added "honey".

"Better, my throat doesn't hurt as bad now. Where did everyone go?"

"Mom and Dad went back to work. They said they would stop by after to see you again. How was your talk with Dad?" She asked.

"Very different from what I was expecting." I replied.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel like we got away with murder, but I'm glad we don't have to lie to them either."

"You would have lied to them about us?" I asked, with my earlier thoughts bleeding through into my head.

"Of course! Sean I wouldn't want to, but I would have if it meant I got to keep you. And after you revealed your feelings I knew I would do almost anything to keep us together." I don't know why but I started to burst into tears. Emma looked very concerned but I held out a hand to her. She took it, and I pulled her on top of me.

"Sean what's wrong?"

"Emma," I said, trying to stop from tearing up. Maybe it was ADD or I had not truly convinced myself earlier that I was wrong, but those hard hitting thoughts were taking over and taking over my insecurities. "I put doubt in my own head earlier. I was sitting in that scanning machine, thinking that maybe it was better for you to not have me as your significant other." I looked Emma in the eyes and she looked gobsmacked. "You have to sacrifice so much to make things work between us. I'm taking so much of a normal life away from you." Emma stood back up, and I could tell she was not happy. Then she finally looked back towards me.

"Sean, that's your problem right there." I looked back, confused. "You keep saying 'I' 'you' 'me', those don't exist anymore. Right now until the end of time, there is just 'us' and 'we'. We are in this together, and we will hop over every obstacle life throws at us, and we will do it hand in hand." I was taken aback by her statement, but she was right. I had been still looking at all this as a single participant, the lonely brother on the outside. But now we were together and a cohesive unit. I dropped my head, knowing that my insecure thoughts had hurt Emma. Emma's hand took my chin and raised my head until I was back, eye to eye with her. "Sean, I know this relationship will be a lot of work but I'm willing to fight for it, are you?" I nodded.

"Forever, and a day." Emma smiled at me, knowing she had squashed my silly thoughts. She leaned down again, but I caught her off balance and pulled back on top of me. We kissed playfully and then romantically for a while until we settled into snuggling together on my shared hospital bed. We were almost asleep next together, when the door slowly creaked open.

"Awe...you guys must have really missed each other." Roxxy stood there in the doorway, shaking some snowflakes out of her hair and off her jacket. Emma climbed out of the bed and gave her new friend and co-conspirator a hug. Roxxy took her jacket off and strolled over to me to give me a big hug as well. But with how I was positioned and how she leaned over, I was almost suffocated by her large breasts. She pulled them from my face and came back around to sit with Emma.

"So I take it, you know that I know?" Roxxy asked.

"Yes, I know that you know...that we know?" I replied looking over at Emma.

"Who's on first?" Emma concurred with sarcasm. I laughed, with the joke seemingly going over Roxxy's head.

"Well I'm glad to see you are doing okay. You scared the hell out of both of us that day." Roxxy stated.

"Sorry, didn't mean to," I sheepishly replied.

"It's okay now that you are finally awake. We all missed you so much." I smiled, thinking again how lucky I was, not just surviving, but having the support system that I had. We chatted for a while longer until our parents showed back up. Mom handed Emma an overnight bag, which made my eyebrow turn upwards. But no one said anything about it. The parents needed to talk to Emma so Roxxy volunteered to stay with me. We sat there for a bit, not knowing what to say, until Roxxy finally spoke.

"Please don't worry, I'm not going to say anything to anyone." She looked scared, like I wasn't going to believe her.

"I know you won't," I said softly, to make sure she knew I meant it.

"Thanks, you guys truly look super happy together. And I know how bad Emma has been feeling, not being able to help in any way." My smile faded once again, thinking how much Emma had cared for me and cried over me, and I was stupid enough to think she would be better off without me.

"Roxxy? Would you help me with something?" I asked.

"Anything!" She shot up.

"I want to try and make this up to Emma. She's been so caring and loyal to me. I want to do something for her, to show her how much she means to me. Problem is, I've been so sick and obviously out of it lately I don't know where to start." Roxxy looked at me like I was the sweetest guy in the world.

"Let me get back to you on that, but I may have an idea." She whispered into my ear a few thoughts and I started to get excited about the surprise for Emma. My parents and Emma returned with some bland food, but that's what I get for being comatose for a while. After that everyone said their goodbyes, and I was left again with Emma.

"So what did the parents want to talk to you about?" I asked.

"Oh they were just setting down some ground rules for tonight." I gave her a questioning look. "I'm staying with you tonight." I looked over at the hospital chair that turned into a very uncomfortable sleeping station. "You're gonna sleep on that?"

Emma giggled. "Only if you make me sleep on it, I was going to cuddle up with you for most of the night if that's okay?"

"Of course that's okay." I said reassuringly.

"Okay good, because earlier you had me worried. I was about to smack you to get some common sense back into you." I looked at her and frowned. This was not an item that I wanted to keep bringing up, but I did have to learn from it. Emma had walked up to me next to the bed again. "If you ever have doubts or fears about us, talk to me and I'll make them disappear." With that she leaned over and gave me a long romantic kiss on the lips. After she was done with that she positioned herself similar to Roxxy and proceeded to try and bury my face within her breasts. I laughed as the effect wasn't as much as Roxxy's but they were still very soft and firm. She pulled back and apologized.

"It's okay, that was nice." I giggled.

"I bet it was, but that was one of the ground rules, well practically the main rule. "No touching while at the hospital," she said with air quotes.

"Darn that sucks, and I was just going to offer a 1 hour back massage." I replied, causing Emma to gasp at me. "But I guess no touching."

"You big jerk," she exclaimed. I laughed, followed by Emma laughing. "Well in that case I guess I won't give you a treat like I had planned." She teased.

"What treat?" I asked, somewhat concerned she wasn't bluffing now.

"Well I thought that I might be a very nice sister but even more of a really great girlfriend and give you a show." I looked at her unsure what she meant. "Well mom dropped off a set of clothes for me to sleep in, but if you are going to be a big mean boyfriend, I will just get changed in the bathroom. Where no one could view my fully nude body before we go to bed." I think my jaw locked in an open position.

"I'm sorry," I quickly said, knowing full well she was teasing, but I still wanted to make her feel better. "When I get use of these jell-o arms again, you've got yourself a massage."

"One full hour?" She replied.

"Let's see how well the striptease goes first." Emma scoffed and grabbed her travel bag then took it into the bathroom. "Emma, come on, you know I was kidding." A minute passed without a response. "Emma, you know I love you with all of my heart, and you know I think you are perfect in every way." The door creaked open, just enough for Emma to peak out her head.

"With that comment you owe me 2 hours." I sighed and nodded my head.

"Whatever you want my dear sister." That seemed to make her happy. I realized then that she wasn't bluffing. I looked around my room and for the first time I counted myself lucky that our family's insurance coverage allowed me to have a private room with a door that was currently shut tight.

She slid back into the bathroom for a moment before her hand reappeared holding the shirt that used to be on Emma's person. She let it go and it dropped to the floor. Emma slowly came out of the bathroom, with her bare back to me. She had already unclasped her bra and was using one hand to hold it into place. With her other hand she quickly pulled the privacy curtain so no one entering the door could see what was going on inside if they arrived without warning. Emma started to dance very slowly as I could hear some nice romantic jazz music play from what I assumed was her phone in the bathroom. She tiptoed to my bed, and finally dipped her bra and threw it into my face. Her breasts looked just as great as I remembered them to look. Perfect and perky beyond belief. As she swayed around, so did her breasts just in a perfect sync.

She twisted and twirled until she was sitting on the other side of my bed, where she started to undo and ultimately remove her pants. She gave her little booty a shake towards me with her cute little striped panties that said "Juicy" on them. Emma stood up and looked at me, her face turning red now. I knew instantly that she was a little embarrassed. I had never seen her full in the buff. She had been in charge of everything so much today that it was weird to see her look at me for encouragement or to give her an out. But I let her decide. She swayed her hips back and forth, as she slowly slid her panties down. Bending forward and away from me. Emma was giving me the sexiest sight I had ever seen. Her beautiful ass up in the air for me with her puffy pink pussy lips displayed out for me.

I was instantly aroused by the sight, unsure if the meds and trauma to my body lately would have stopped such a reaction. But Emma's beauty overwhelmed all those factors. She stood back up straight and slowly turned around, with her hands covering her vaginal area. I raised an eyebrow until she moved her hands away and placed her hands behind her back. I was now viewing my sister, my girlfriend, my lover's beautiful bare body, and it was more glorious than I could have ever imagined. She was turning scarlet red from embarrassment, but I was trying to retain the image in my brain forever. From her erect nipples to the tiny little landing strip she had between her legs. I finally told her she could change and she quickly ducked into the bathroom. I realized that she would eventually become more used to being naked around me, so I shouldn't push too hard right now.

Emma finally reappeared after getting redressed and cleaned up for the night. She climbed into the bed with me and we sat there for a while making small talk and watching some late night TV. Before I knew it, I was waking up with a male nurse standing beside me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare ya brother. Just need to take some vitals. Glad to see you awake now." He placed the blood pressure cuff on my arm and started the machine. The nurse glanced over at Emma who was still fast asleep next to me. "I'm glad you're awake for her sake too, brother. She was so sad when you came in. Man I wish I could find someone to love as much as she loves you dude."

"Yeah it's nice." He completed his tests, gave me a fist pump, and said his goodbyes with another "brother" or two. He didn't look like Hulk Hogan though. I quickly fell back to sleep with my girl right there with me.

~~~~

The next day I started my physical therapy, and it kicked my butt. I had no clue that my muscles would turn to jello after not using them for two months. But I kept it up and pushed myself to the

limit, as I wanted to make sure I was home before Christmas. I was tired of everyone scheduling things around me. I wanted to put this incident in my back mirror, and move on with my life. I

spent most of my therapy thinking about the future. I had the girl of my dreams, I survived losing a kidney, and I had nothing but aspirations ahead of me. I thought about what Emma had said

about it being "us" and not "I" anymore. Which made me think about college. Would we go somewhere together? Could we go somewhere nobody knew who we were? Could we live some semblance of a life together without fear of being revealed to the world? Well I soon found that I couldn't rely on a football scholarship to get into a college anymore.

At my last checkup before being released, the doctor who was now overseeing my case, had revealed himself to be a fan of mine while I played in high school. He was perplexed why I had not signed to play with a big school but after what had transpired, he was glad I hadn't.

"If your kidney ruptured during a game or something, you might not have been so lucky Mr. Miller," he explained. "And now I cannot sign off on you playing again." I looked at him as though he had shot my dog. Football was the second most important thing in my life after Emma, and now it might be gone forever. "If you were to take a massive hit in the back and anything happened to your healthy kidney, your outlook would be quite dire." He continued.

"So I can't play again once I'm back to 100%?" I asked.

"I could not sign off on such a thing, not in good conscience." I frowned, and just reminded myself that I could have been dead. He asked me to do a few laps around the room, and read the physical therapist's report and felt good enough to let me go home. It was now the 24th and

just in time to make sure my family didn't have to bring Christmas to the hospital. The doctor sent me back to my room to collect my things while he drew up the discharge papers. I called Emma to let her know I was ready to come home. She sounded busy, and said someone would

be over to get me soon.

About an hour later my father walked in. He took his winter hat off and shook the melted snow off. He helped me gather the rest of my things, and as per protocol, an orderly wheeled me down to the front doors and out to the car. With everything loaded, we were on our way.

"I thought Emma would be the one to come get me?" I mused to my father.

"Yeah she wanted to, but she got lazy and behind schedule with her Christmas gift, so she's finishing up now." My father replied. "Plus with the weather as it is, it will give her extra time to make everything perfect." Dad added as he drove 35mph in a 55 zone. I had my plans for my X-Mas gift to Emma but it might take an extra day, since I was relying on Roxxy's help.

I relayed the football news to my father who I could tell instantly felt bad for me. He told me I could still go to school. I told him I would like to make things work with Emma and I together at a university, and dad said we could talk about it later. We survived the snowstorm and finally

made it home. As dad opened the front door, I immediately noticed that something was not right. My bedroom door, that led to my basement room was wide open and I could hear voices coming up from downstairs. My mother, followed by my sister soon made it to the landing only to find my father and I standing there.

"What were you doing in my room?" I interrogated.

"You will find out soon enough," my mother interjected. "Now go sit down in the living room while your father lifts the rest of the heavy boxes down there." I looked over to my dad and he rolled

his eyes with a smile. Emma grabbed my arm and pulled me into the living room. Mom sat down for a moment, as she patted her belly slightly. I was still shocked that I was going to be a big

brother again. As I pondered that, Emma snuck a quick kiss to my cheek. Our mother looked over with a bit of contempt on her face.

"I know you are excited to have him home, but remember in front of us you two are siblings only." Our mother warned.

"Yes mother," Emma replied. I grabbed her hand and held it into mine. I lifted the held hands at our mother, looking for approval.

"That's fine," she replied. She slowly got up and made her way down the hallway. As our father returned from down the same hallway with a large box labeled "Books", and he took it down the

stairs to my room.

"What the heck is going on?" I whispered to my sister. She giggled at me.

"You haven't put two and two together yet? It's your...well...our big Christmas gift from mom and dad." I racked my brain, until the light bulb finally went off. I only looked at my sister in disbelief.

"They are moving you down stairs with me?" Emma's smile gave me her answer.

"At least most of the things I want with me will be down there. My bed and drawers are staying in my room for appearances. If I had a friend from school over or something. Eventually they are going to make it the new baby's nursery."

I was shocked by all of this. What did Willy Wonka tell Charlie about the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted? Something about living happily ever after. Emma snuggled up to me as we just sat on the couch and just enjoyed the moment. The snow was falling lightly outside the window, and I could feel every bit of pain that used to plague my heart and mind evaporate.