That Wizard Came from the Moon!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The young Brood Mother was giving the abomination special interest. In the small amount of time it took for them to guide the sleeping creature out of the hall, An-Yut had glanced no more than five times at the beast, most likely attempting to gauge the creature's endowments.

"An-Yut," Sarthuk called, as the coterie turned down a corridor. "Remain with me awhile."

"Mistress?" she asked, and came to float beside Sarthuk. Sarthuk indicated the path before them and they began to float along the path, deeper into the guts of Luna.

"I require your assistance."

An-Yut was eager, that was good. "Anything, Mistress. What would you require of me?"

"This new warrior I have made, it is special. Would you agree?"

"Yes, Mistress, it is quite hungry, and it has such power."

"I thought you might see things from my perspective." Sarthuk cooed as they made their way past an armory. Strong, powerful odors wafted out as the Armsmiths crafted powerful machines of death.

"I've always admired you, An-Yut." at the sudden look of surprise from the Sister, she continued, "Aiat, it is true. I can see your hunger for strength and for secrets. You remind me as I was, so long ago on King Oryx's Dreadnaught."

"This is all very flattering, Mistress, but you have asked for my aid."

"Very true. In this new age of uncertainty, we must begin our army anew, must fortify our ranks with strength and rage. If we are ever to bring our King back, we must do so in his name. In his image."

They crossed deeper into the catacombs. "Thus, it is my decision to have you guard this new creature. I will name it, I think, as Athaneros, the Silent Hunger. I must continue my work, to conquer and explore new avenues to build us a stronger force."

Sarthuk was silent for a beat, waiting for An-Yut to reply.

"You are most gracious, Mistress, but why not any of the other Sisters? I do feel as though I may be helpful in other efforts."

"You make a good point, An-Yut, a good point indeed. However, Ir-Da trains our forces, and Il-Rut raises our broods. That would leave Ar-Gen-"

Sarthuk saw the Sister stiffen at the mention of Ar-Gen.

"-and I trust her not. I think her intentions are sinister, and wholly selfish."

"Mistress, is not selfishness our last defense? The struggle that keeps us sharp, that hones our blade and our tongues?"

An-Yut was starting to annoy Sarthuk. Sarthuk didn't fear any such thing about Ar-Gen, but she knew that trickery held stronger bonds if you tied the binding rope behind someone's back. The more her Sisters feared and distrusted each other; the more they would trust Sarthuk.

"So it is," She admitted, "But now is not the time for division. We have enemies on all sides. What we need now is unity." She caressed the chitinous shoulder of An-Yut, causing the Sister to shiver in delight.

Sarthuk's bony finger slid along An-Yut's jaw until their gazes met. Eyes burning with Soulfire bored into each other. "Would you not agree?"

Sarthuk floated further down the passage, until she reached the doorway of her observatory. It was a large alcove, with countless items embedded into small niches in the walls. Preserved bits of Wyrm, bone, Eliksni, Cabal, and Human bio-matter, all preserved in crystal domes. Outside of the massive chamber was a balcony that looked over one of the massive sub-Lunar chasms.

An-Yut followed Sarthuk out onto the balcony. Sarthuk now stood on her own legs, as opposed to continuing to hover. It was always wise, in her opinion, to keep the body as sharp as one's magick.

"I command you to watch Athaneros. To learn of him, to be responsible for catering to his hunger, for now. In future days, we will test him against others in the Great Pit of Heresy. For now, care for him, and report back to me every two cycles."

"Yes, Mistress." An-Yut executed a floating curtsy.

"After, you shall be greatly rewarded. And if you find your duty to your...liking, we shall continue along this path."

"That is most kind."

"You also must gather your Sisters in seven cycles time, and we again shall attempt to commune."

Feeling she had been dismissed, An-Yut excused herself and took leave of Sarthuk.

"An-Yut?" Sarthuk said, as An-Yut reached the tall doorway. "We, the Hive, have always been so narrow minded when it came to our strength. We are the Hive. We are Eternal. But I find it a great shame that we never took the strength of other, inferior races, and made it ours entirely. Would you not agree?"

Not entirely sure of the Mistress's intentions, An-Yut wisely decided to be honest. "I am not sure, Mistress."

Sarthuk nodded her head, glittering silver in the low light. "You will, my Sister. You will."

A Guardian and his Ghost stood deathly still for three minutes, refusing to breathe, straining to listen.

12