All Comments on 'That's What I Thought Too'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
HamsterHamsterover 5 years ago
Well!

That is certainly NOT the ending that I had anticipated. However, it does close the book on a well written and touching story. Great characters, just enough sex. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Still enjoyable

Not your normal but still very entertaining

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Another great story

but with a twist in the tail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cricket

"The defensive player, doing the equivalent of pitching, is called a bowler. He bowls six balls, which is called an inning."

Not true. When a bowler bowls six balls, it is called an 'over'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice touch

Bonus points for naming the kids of the Rangers owner Nolan Ryan.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
Aside

FRom the fact that they decided to stop a step in human evolution. Deciding to not have kids for a reason like that was subhuman .This is why the world rarely gets better.

Stupid people making stupid decisions.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 5 years ago

As I read your comment, you believe that Brent's talent is an evolutionary improvement that is being denied to the rest of humanity because he choses not to procreate. Further, that his decision made him "subhuman".

Evolution both enhances and discards talents. Our ancestors climbed trees, we don't. So the talent of tree climbing has been discarded in favor of other talents that enhance the survival of our species.

If it is wrong to deny perpetuating enhancements then it would seem equally wrong to tolerate talents that diminish species survivability. Therefore, shouldn't individuals whose genetic profile codes for low intelligence, tendencies to addiction or violence, high risk factors for diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, etc. be hindered if not prohibited from procreating? If they do procreate are they also subhuman?

So the following questions seem pertinent to your position:

Should we prohibit abortion because of the possibility that one of the unborn children might have a unique talent?

And why do you think that Brent's "talent" is an evolutionary improvement? Have you really thought about a world where some few people had that talent and how it might be used both negatively and positively?

Lastly, the decision to have or refrain from child bearing is personal.

Would you judge couples that decide to remain childless because of financial, genetic, environmental, religious, career, age, or any of a myriad of reasons, subhuman because they might have deprived humanity of an individual that you consider an enhancement.

Must they all procreate because not to do so might deprive the world of someone with a unique "talent".

Hardly!

You have a right to express your opinion as have I. I welcome your response.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts on Treymon's Comment

I forgot to add a title to my comment below. Sorry.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.

As far as the evolutionary comments are concerned, where exactly did we learn that this was a hereditary trait? Even if the trait is passed on, it would have to be triggered by something akin to being beaned by a fast ball.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Couldn't disagree with Anony 09/08/19 more.

It wasn't a selfish act, it was selfless.

The other commentator talking about evolutionary changes is also only seeing it from one side.

Could you imagine the chaos to the world, if a subset of the population gained the power to manipulate the masses at will? You'd have another set of classes, another set of underprivileged, and a group of people taking unjust advantage.

Brent may have been altruistic, but not everyone who finds they have the same talent, will be.

There would have to be adjustments in the legal processes. "Yes, I had an affair, but I was blinked into doing it!" Damn, that would be a mess. The betrayed spouse would just have to suck it up, or leave a partner who may, or may not, be lying.

Imagine the mess in the world of money and power.

I usually just read the LW category, but going through your catalog, moreandmore, I decided to give it a shot.

Glad I did, was very entertained.

Back to Steph... she walked away from Brent DESPITE her own wants, needs and desires. What would you have her do? Sacrifice her chance at motherhood? Die a lonely, unfulfilled woman? Grow bitter with age at her self imposed choice to end her lineage?

They loved each other enough to see it as it was, and separated with honour.

Brent, like her, deserved happiness. So, because they had broken up for real reasons outside of their control, when it was possible for them to reconcile, why not go for it? They both wanted it back. More power to them. There was no betrayal, no deceit, no hate.

And Brent would be able to blink Steph into trying anal. Lol.

Cheers

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 4 years ago

good story, sad ending

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
Totally awsome

My only objection,.. or perceived flaw..

The unproven premise that this brain damage trait could become hereditary.

A condition caused by an environmental accident could become a genetic condition.

That doesn't sit well with me.

I still have it 5 stars.

Magnificent story.

Beautifully done.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Good

A very good story.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago

Well written, but I don't like tear jerkers... I was bothered by her dumping him, assuming a problem would / could show up in their children when, as one reader pointed out - an injury caused the effect. He never debated that point, just let her go.

Then she waltzes back into his life after she found another guy, presumably fell in love, married and had her children, what about him - doesn't he get to have children of his own?

Regardless, for the great effort : *****

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

A bit too unbelievable the way the plot rolled . A little less noble would have been more interesting too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really liked this story! Thank you!

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

This was sad..and he willingly killed his lineage.

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

Just a great direction to take the ability and very well written

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story until the last few paragraphs. Such a shame that he had to die. Very sudden.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story, even for the second time. 5 BIG FAT STARS!

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

Awwww. Even though a brilliant writing twist at the end, he could have, maybe, possibly, survived the "attempted" attack on his life. 😪😪😪

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. Its a sad but true statement of human nature to shoot the messenger when they dont like the message. As a sound therapist, I believe the future of many illnesses lies in medicine enhanced by sound as we are all vibrating beings. Thanks again for a great read

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Hopefully you aren't a gatekeeper of future game changing technologies and other advances in anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wait, let me see if I have this right. She leaves him to get MARRIED so she can have kids that aren't affected. She came up with this genius plan, and she works at a Think Tank? He's rich; get a donor, and they can stay together!

SMH. Jeez.

Rustyy_nutRustyy_nut24 days ago

Great 2/3 terrible finish

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES