The A-Tail Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The here scientists were all traumatized by the experience, and by the realization that they were now subject to the behaviors they understood the tails imparted on the tribe's women. They expected their sex drives to become insatiable; permanently and undeniably so.

And that understanding left them petrified, and demoralized. They huddled together, crying until the early morning hours when, physically and mentally exhausted, they finally fell into a fitful sleep.

They were still uncharacteristically asleep when the men of the camp were all up and preparing breakfast.

Eventually, concerned, Doctor Burnes, took it upon himself to check up on their ladies.

Awoken by his query, Ruth stirred, "we'll be out in fifteen minutes, but can you have everyone gathered together. We need to talk to the team."

Confused, he agreed, asking, "are you all okay?"

"You'll see." Was the terse and mysterious answer.

Fifteen minutes later the seven men were sitting at the tables around the cook-fire when the women joined them. The men were all initially shocked by their colleagues' appearance. They all looked terrible, as if they were hung over from a rough night of drinking, or some such.

But it only took them a few moments to realize that the women now all sported tails like the tribal women did.

"Oh, my God, what happened?" Coop, the expedition's archivist, asked, in shock. He was normally the quietest member of the team, always focused on recording events and findings, not participating in the research.

For a few moments, all of the men nearly rioted, all asking the same question.

And the women just stood there, still too distressed to say anything. But then Norah Rasmussen took a deep breath and explained what had happened during the night.

All of the guys were shocked. "Damn!" Lucas cursed, after just a moment. "I should have insisted we maintain a night watch. Things were all going so well, so peacefully, I didn't think we had anything to worry about. I'm sorry."

Ruth Simonds gave him a feeble little smile. "It's not your fault. None of us expected anything like this, and she reached behind herself, under the towel she'd wrapped around her waist, like the others had, and waved her tail at them. It was still a young specimen, only a foot or so, long, but nonetheless clearly and disconcertingly visible.

It might have been considered comical, if it wasn't so devastating.

Dr Rasmussen then spoke up. "Yes. Now we're just like the women of the tribe. We really should have seen this coming. I had noticed our hosts getting a little edgy, these last couple of days. I think they were starting to see us as a threat to their lifestyle. Damn!"

Samantha had been standing there distraught, and crying softly. And several of the guys felt bad for her. She was the youngest of their female colleagues, and the prettiest as well, and unlike the two older and wiser PhDs she was obviously having a much more difficult time coming to grips with her condition.

"I can't live like this." She finally muttered. Then louder, "I refuse to live like this!"

For the next hour, over breakfast, the men consoled all three of them the best they could.

They summoned Carlos, their interpreter, and Dr Kipling and Lucas took him along to go over to the village to discuss the events of the night with the tribal elders.

The three elders they met with were not particularly helpful. In effect they explained that the tailing of the women was in keeping with their beliefs and traditions, and was done because many of the tribesmen had begun to see the women as troublesome and in need of the calming influence.

Jerry Kipling took 'calming influence' to mean, something more in tune with 'sexual reorientation'. But he didn't challenge them on it.

The elders also collectively confirmed that the tails could not be removed; that the women were stuck with them, and their effects on their minds and bodies. They saw it as a totally reasonable outcome.

The expedition's leaders returned to the camp a couple of hours later, dejected and empty handed. Only partly relieved that the tribe would allow them to stay in place, and leave everything as it had been, for as long as they wanted.

While they had been gone, Doctor Simonds, Doctor Burnes, and the two medical doctors, along with Doctor Seidler, the biologist, and the other two tailed women, had been locked in a mostly professional evaluation of the women's new appendages.

The other men had made themselves scarce. Finding other tasks to keep themselves busy, away from the sad drama. Embarrassed for the women and feeling inadequate, somehow for their inability to protect them. And truth-be-told, many were also intrigued by the possibilities. Their three colleagues, were soon to be turned into raving nymphomaniacs, or so their collective research had predicted.

The special study group had started with an embarrassing, but necessary examination of the leaches mounted on the women's lower backs. They were by now firmly attached, and clearly alive. It was the first time any of them had actually gotten an opportunity to examine a real tail, close-up, as the native women hadn't ever allowed it.

As a result, their scientific fascination took hold and the women themselves, actually became fascinated by the bizarre tails they were now saddled with.

Ruth Simmons actually called Coop over to document their A-tails, despite Samantha's protestations. She was far more embarrassed and disgusted by her addition.

During that session and throughout the rest of the day, while they were focusing on their analysis, the women were slowly learning how to deal with their new appendages. They all found it to be an annoying and inconvenient addition to their bodies.

First of all, they had to adjust their clothes. Holes had to be cut into their underwear and pants to accommodate the thing sticking out from their asses.

But that adjustment was minor in comparison to the feelings generated on the base of their spines, by the living thing, as it waved about randomly throughout their day. To say it was a distraction was a massive understatement!

The tugging and pulling was also a constant reminder of the tail's presence, and also a terrible warning of the chemicals that the thing was pushing into their bloodstream. The aphrodisiac that they all knew would change them forever. They also knew that it was only a matter of time, perhaps a few days, before their sexual desires would sky-rocket.

The three of them also had to learn to deal with the simple interference the tails provided to their everyday movement and actions. They couldn't lay on their backs, or sit normally in chairs with backs, as the tails got in the way. And they had to be careful when they turned, to avoid slapping their appendage on nearby trees, or people. And as the tails were indeed living things, with minds of their own, they would often wiggle and wave, and bump into the backs of the women's legs as they stood, or walked about.

They were relieved when they realized that the creatures seemed to sleep when they did, so it didn't interfere with their rest.

They learned to live with those physical aspects, but by the next morning the impact on their psyches was becoming much more difficult to control.

Predictably, it hit Samantha the hardest. The other two scientists were older, more mature and better able to focus on the physiology and the experience. It was fascinating, as well as distressing. But they were able to set their fears aside. They also accepted that there was little to be done. Everything they knew indicated that they were stuck with the tails. So, it was easy to resign themselves to their fate.

And as to the aphrodisiac aspects of the leaches, they hadn't yet felt any effects. But they knew it would come soon.

The debate over what to do, for the unfortunate team members, continued all day. Either in small groupings, or when they were all together during meals around the central campfire, everyone voiced their opinion.

Early on, Doctor Kipling had used their precious satellite phone to call back to the university. And they were as astonished and indecisive as the team was. It was they who called the Brazilian government and requested a helicopter rescue for the stricken women, but that country's military refused, as the almost unbelievable situation couldn't be described as 'life-threatening', and the only aircraft that could possibly reach their isolated location were in emergency use elsewhere.

Frustrated, he and the women resigned themselves to having to deal with the issue, themselves.

Other than that one lifeline, they had no other ready answers. Their knowledge of the leaches, was limited to their observations and the vague stories told by the villagers.

There was no clinic or laboratory anywhere nearby, and the women weren't interested in anything like that in any case. There was a clear lack of trust in everything local.

So, they all remained stumped. It was all so very frustrating. They were some of the best minds in the world and they had no solution to the women's unique and frankly, bizarre problem.

Also, during the day, the women found that they were now much more readily accepted by the village women, and they spent several hours questioning them as best they could, about life with a tail.

They returned from interviewing a small group of them, and immediately reported their conversations and discoveries to their colleagues as well as to Coop for recording.

From the experienced tribal women, they learned that their leach-induced sex drive was in fact ferocious. That although they could function as the tribe's version of homemakers, handling the chores like cooking, cleaning and child raising, their thoughts always turned to a desire for sex. It was more of a need, an addiction that could only be satisfied through an orgasm.

And it was also explained that masturbation was an unsatisfactory substitute for the real thing. No explanation for that disappointing aspect was provided.

They were surprised when the women described how very wonderful each and every sex session was. As it seemed more impactful than what they were used to; where not every time in bed with a man was remarkable.

"But they don't have any experience on which to base a comparison. They've only known sex with a tail." Norah said, as they described that discussion with the others.

"Well, we'll find out," Ruth replied, wryly.

Her comment brought tears to Samantha's eyes, and made several of the men blush. Coop, only concerned with recording the facts, not involved with the search for the solution was more intrigued than embarrassed, or frustrated. He spent his nights, alone on his cot, fantasizing about screwing sex-starved women with tails.

During their visit, the women also learned that the leaches were plentiful over near the river, easily captured and that they reproduced at a phenomenal rate.

After the first of those reviews with the team, Samantha began avoiding them. She stopped participating and just stayed in the tent. Norah and Ruth worried about her, and tried to console her. They were both focusing on their first-hand scientific analysis of the leaches, and doing their best to ignore the impact the things would have on their lives.

Samantha just couldn't do that. She was still young and not fully wedded to a career as a scientist. She hid there in the tent, crying, bemoaning the fact that her life was pretty much over.

She did join the following meetings with the tribal women, though. She just had to know more of what was to come, as painful as it was.

Finally, at dinner, on the second night, she confronted the two medical doctors, and insisted that they remove her ghastly tail.

"It could kill you." Doctor Simonds warned her.

"Yes, according to the tribe, it will kill you. Horribly so." Doctor Burnes added,

"I don't care!" she cried. "I'd rather die than go home with this thing!" And she stomped off, back to her tent. And they could hear her crying, hysterically for the rest of the evening.

The next morning, she remained adamant. Frighteningly so.

And in a talk amongst themselves, the leaders of the expedition voiced their fears that she was quite capable of committing suicide if they didn't accede to her demands.

When they brought Coop into their little meeting, he reported that all three of the women had embarrassingly reported that they were starting to feel the aphrodisiac properties of the leaches' secretions.

That added an urgency to their concern over Samantha's pleas.

Later, at lunch, restlessly irate and fearful, she demanded that they remove the leach, immediatly!

"I will not go on like this. I refuse! You're medical doctors," she cried pointing at Ruth Simonds and Ethan Barnes, "and we're all scientists. We should be able to figure this out. We have to. And before you say anything, I know we have a competent medical kit among the supplies we packed in. So please just do it!"

But the others continued to baulk, citing the stories of the painful death of the tribal women who have reportedly tried, and failed. It would be too risky, and they don't want her death on their hands. They'll wait until they get back to civilization and a real hospital and lab.

Dr. Rasmussen, the eldest and most respected woman, remained stoic, and counseled restraint. They are there to study and explore, and they should continue to do that, even at the expense of their own bodies. Some of the men agree, while the others, wisely, remain neutral.

Doctor Simonds refuses to operate, as she's a researcher and has never practiced as a real doctor. But Doctor Burnes can't use that excuse, he was a practicing surgeon for many years before he joined the university's faculty.

"So, you'll have to do it for me Ethan. Please. I can't go on like this. I just can't. I refuse to allow this primitive animal to ruin my life. I will not be turned into some sex maniac by it." Samantha raved.

At that point, overwhelmed, she collapsed onto a nearby stump and sobbing, buried her head in her hands.

Everyone felt terrible for her. Especially her two female colleagues. But none of them had any answers and they could tell that hollow encouragement wouldn't do.

Finally, after several minutes Samantha got up and walked over to Lucas, their would-be protector. He had been an Army Ranger and an expert in jungle warfare, so he was always armed.

"Lucas, please give me your gun. If Ethan won't help me, you can. I'll take care of myself."

It seemed rather theatrical to the team, watching her performance, but they had seen enough to believe that she very well could be serious. If she'd rather die than continue, she could make it happen one way or another.

It was Ruth Simonds who stood and took control. "Samantha, if you're sure. Absolutely certain, we'll do it." And she glanced over at Doctor Burnes, who resignedly nodded his acceptance.

A couple of the others mumbled their dissent, but she continued, "We are all scientists, and this wouldn't be the first time one of us tested a desperate theory on themselves. And I, more than any of you, understand Samantha's desires."

"And you have your own self-interest to help motivate you, too." Norah added, with a grim smile.

But just then Samantha spoke up. "Good, thank you. I volunteer to be the initial test subject. Will you do the procedure this afternoon? I don't have time to wait."

The procedure was not all that difficult. The doctors, with advice from the biologist, Doctor Seidler, decided to first quickly kill the leach, before it could inject any special poison, and then remove its head from her posterior. Then they'd clean the wound and dress it. Of course, before they performed the procedure, they'd fill her body with every biological preventative at their disposal, including antibiotics, anti-venoms and anything else in their kit that might help and wouldn't hurt.

The procedure went quickly and Samantha was relieved to be tail-less. She thanked them all profusely before she fell asleep with the help of a light sedative.

Norah and Ruth were secretly relieved. They remained frightened but hopeful. They prayed that the procedure would succeed and that they too could be freed of their tails Perhaps more importantly they didn't want to see Samantha die.

When Samantha woke up, just in time for dinner, she reportedly felt fine, but by nightfall, she had taken a terrible turn for the worse. The doctors did their best for her, while the others sat quietly, depressed, around the campfire.

She began to suffer terrible cramps and pain, and despite liberal use of Morphine, very early in the morning she passed away.

Everyone witnessed her suffering and terribly agonizing death, and it affected them all, especially the two, tailed women. And Coop captured the details and recorded it in photos. Although it sickened and depressed him more than anything he'd ever done.

After the ordeal ended, everyone collapsed, traumatized and depressed, into their tents. Promising to hold a burial in the afternoon.

Norah and Ruth sadly decided that they had no choice but to learn to live with their tails and the consequences that the things will produce.

After a very subdued lunch, Samantha was laid to rest in a little glade above the river.

Everyone was dejected, and all were anxious to finish up their study and head back to civilization. The two tailed women were only a little less enthused about the return, as they knew how difficult their lives would be, back in the world.

That evening, as expected, Norah and Ruth began suffering the increasingly intense sexual urges that the tribal women had described. It affected their concentration and ability to function as scientists. They both realized it, and were powerless to do anything about their condition.

All of the men, understood and saw what was happening, the scientific team, the expedition crew, and even the villagers understood, and had difficulty maintaining their composure when the women were around.

Neither Nora nor Ruth was young or pretty, but both were in good physical shape and reasonably good looking. So, when they finally surrendered to their desires, and sought partners to satisfy their lust, there were plenty of options available.

That night a new phase of the trip began.

The two women, needing sexual relief, periodically selected partners from among the male volunteers, and they paired up either in a tent or out in a quiet place in the jungle. There was little discussion or foreplay, only an embarrassed servicing took place.

The women, of course, abhor what they've been forced into, remain despondent over the loss of their friend and worried about their futures. But there's little they can do about it, and their insatiable need for sex prevents them from anything other than short-term analysis.

The men, feeling guilty, constantly encourage them to look to the future. Once they return home, and have all of the university's and the entire medical and scientific community's attention, a cure will surely become available.

Despite their humiliation and frustration with their situation, the women do describe another aspect of the tails. They reluctantly report, that their orgasms are now the greatest, most enjoyable they've ever experienced. Truly mind-blowing, Norah explains. So much so that they often faint as a result. The men can attest to that.

On those occasions when the Nora and Ruth found themselves alone together, and opened up about their condition, they admitted that they felt their lives slipping away.

Nora, ever the dedicated scientist, accepted her urges, and did an admirable job of maintaining some level of focus on her studies. Initially the sex bothered her, as she hated the lack of control over her body. But as soon as she accepted the inevitable, she did her best to focus on recording her feelings as accurately and as dispassionately as she could muster. For the science of it all. She hoped that it would be of value to the researchers who would undoubtedly be studying the malevolent leaches and their chemistry, in the months and years to come.