All Comments on 'The Aftermath'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 372 Comments (Page 4)
26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reading again

Like Huedog says, why blame this on Brian? She cheated, he didn't. Who can blame him for never trusting her again. Joe makes a case for mutual blame here, but it's all on her. If she doesn't cheat, then there is no problem. It's on the bitch.

kiteareskitearesabout 4 years ago
I thought I had read this

Can't see a comment and didn't vote, but it certainly triggered a lot of comment.

It is well written, but it is from the POV of the wife. Her problem is she couldn't understand that not only was her cheating on her husband THE one decision that caused the end of their marriage, that brought these traits to the fore but also her choice to continue withholding of information that ended all chance of reconciliation. It had nothing to do with her decision to tell him or his decision not to forgive her.

If she had not cheated it would have been a very short story :)

If she had told him sooner, rather than the weeks it took for her guilt to be too much for her to carry. And that I think summarises the rest of the story, it feels like she is looking to alleviate her guilt at the destruction of her marriage and Haley's family.

I would imagine if this were written from the husbands POV he would see it as 100% her fault from first the cheating, not telling him soon enough (was this a factor), not answering his questions, telling him that his questions are not important... wow... blaming the character traits that she brought out for refusing to let him move in and try again. Seems she could not forgive herself nor him.

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

It's a good story from the wife's POV, but she comes across as a narcissist when she dumps the reason for the divorce all on him. She claims that she accepts responsibility for her actions, but then she expects him to solve the problem she caused in their relationship. A sequel from Hubby's POV would make an interesting read.

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
Sad and uncomfortable

This read as a woman trying to put the blame for the divorce squarely on her ex-husband and really not understanding why he couldn't trust her. (Even though she did admit to the affair and the author stated two reasons.) She admitted that the affair was great by having multiple orgasms and other things about it. He should have left her sooner. A woman like her would find another reason, in her head, to cheat again. She is blaming his lack of forgiveness and trust is the main reason for the divorce.

The last paragraph confirms that she's blaming him and his lack of so called character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
realistic

I understand the ire of many who have commented, but I thought the story was very realistic. First, this story is a classic example of why couples in trouble need to go to counseling. Many do not, and this result is what happens to a lot who do not seek help. That, of course, is not the real point of the story, i think. The point of the story is that both spouses played a very real part in the failure of the marriage. And I think the author did this very well. When she cheated, she did not realize that her vision of everything around her was filtered through the love she shared with him. After she cheated, she realized that she saw something in her that she did not like. She was physically and emotionally a wreck. She lost weight, etc. All very physical indications of a deep seated issue. How could he not determine that there was a major issue. How would he not see the physical manifestations of her pain. He had moved into the "comfort" zone of the marriage, instead of the I want to woo this woman every single day. She was likely in the same zone before she cheated. Her telling him of the cheating is not really a soothing of her conscience, but an indication that she could not bear to see him treat her with the love he was. She knew she was not worthy of those feelings because of her deceit. As a result, while telling him was to get it off her chest, telling him was to let him know that she did not deserve his affection. At that point, you have two people who have pulled the scab off. She cheated, he knows. They were both in the comfort zone before this happened, but, she wants do anything possible to make it up to him, to break the relationship out of that zone, back into a love zone. She will do anything to regain the trust and the love. He will not. He pushes her away, and in so doing, shows her that he is not the man she thought he was. His pushing away indicates that he is not willing to try to get back to love, and, yes, that he was complacent in the comfort zone. That is not an excuse for her, it is just where he seems to have been. His pushing her away, causes her to reevaluate, and, when he comes back, she understands that he is not coming back for her, he is coming back for comfort. So, yes, it is both spouses fault. Initially, it is hers. But, in deciding to give up on working to save the marriage, the "straw that broke the camels back" is the fact that he did not possess the ability, or the love, to fight for her. And, yes, if he loved her by a factor of 100 prior to cheating, after he learned of the cheating, and after he saw how it physically devastated her and how she would do anything to overcome the problems, that love should have been enough to allow him to attempt to forgive and live. He chose to do nothing, choosing comfort when she needed him to chose love.

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 3 years ago
The truth but not the whole truth

For an emasculated husband, hearing the details may be essential. Otherwise, the imagination fills the blanks with the most devastating possible images. And the information might provide valuable insight that even she does not see. Hiding details would be a deal-breaker for me, a man. Having seen the damage she caused by admitting the affair, she might have tried delivering details that were heavily cushioned to spare his feelings. The key is making him see that if she didn’t truly love him — or wanted to continue cheating — she would never have admitted the transgression. All said, TV’s Baretta put it best: “If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She cheats

Yet somehow its the husbands fault for not getting over it? What a narcissistic bitch. Sorry didnt like this at all.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
How did it turned around to be his fault.

The adulteress bitch is blaming him for the aftermath of her fucking around. Sorry, she should have been kissing his ass til hell freezes over to put her family back together. In the end, it was her who destroyed her family not him. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a sad story, LOL :))

The only trouble with this marriage is that the husband is weak. First step- all relatives, friends, colleagues at work, neighbors and even the neighbors' pets should have known about this slut's "indiscretion". The second step is to get the slut to confess to her daughter about her fuck-fest at trip. This should bring the slut to consciousness a little. If the stupid slut continues to bleat about the fact that her husband is doing something with their marriage not the way she wants, then the third step is to kick the slut out of the house, marriage, family. Alternatively, to a Mexican brothel.

But the author preferred that the whore got away with it, without any consequences. And now we all know what the author is in real life :))

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Sorry, well written but in the end everything was his fault and clearly it wasn't.

Seems to be written in such a way that made her look less bad than he in all this, but not a full in your face way.

So nope, as nicely written, you failed on the reality of where they were as a couple and why. Seems she was willing to do anything to save her marriage except not passive aggressively blaming him.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

No excuses bitch or shifting the blame bitch. You did it, you!!!

And u couldn’t even give him a reason.

You are a selfish slut, there’s your reason.

He should’ve divorced your cheating ass up front you manipulative poor excuse for a human being.

1/5

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWEabout 3 years ago
Where is the payback?

In my book he should have gone after Russell Cochrane and get his revenge. Divorce from his cheating wife is also the right way forward for Brian, You are better off alone and happy than together and sad

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Classic unreliable narrator territory. She's somehow managed to split the blame equally between the both of them by the end, citing all his faults and weaknesses for the reason they couldn't make it work. She could've (1) not done the crime in the first place, (2) taken it to her grave and vowed never to repeat it, so as to own all the guilt for herself and spare him the pain, or (3) done some soul-searching to figure out why it happened and come up with a convincing argument why it would never happen again. Instead, she just dumps it in his lap and becomes a vague blubbering mess, expecting him to give her his trust when it's already been shattered in spectacular fashion. It's actually a convincing perspective from someone caught up in her own reality, but it's no fun suffering a bullshitter's tale when they're not being funny.

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
I agree

I have to agree with secretsal. A lot of people try to shift blame, or partial blame, onto others to either make themselves feel better or to look better to others. It occurs more frequently when it involves a matter of deep guilt. I'm happy that the military taught me to stand there admit my fuckup and take my ass chewing and consequences that I deserved. To few people do this today. I'm never a RAAC person. However, in this fictional case, if she truly wanted to save her marriage; she should have sat their and truthfully answered every question from her husband. Then let the chips fall where they may. It's all her fault that the marriage failed. She has no right to put ANY blame on him. I'm not a woman hater, I'm a cheater hater! I think all cheaters, for any reason, are scumbags.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Yep.... BTB at all costs can result in a Pyrrhic victory. Not everything is black and white, cut and dried!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Actually, on re-reading this, it's one of the most thoughtful, realistic stories of this genre on this site. Very well written and even more well thought out. Your 'female voice' is perfect. Believable.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198about 3 years ago

Wow, just wow! Read this story of a cheating wife, and in the comments section the husband gets called weak for divorcing a cheating whore. Ya i guess he was weak for trying to give this woman a better life by working his ass off, by trying to hard at keeping her satisfied in all ways, and by trying to take care of his daughter. I wonder of the ladies here calling him weak for not accepting the taste of another mans cum on his wife, would any of you accept the taste of another woman's pussy on your husbands dick?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

the only true character i saw was if a delusional cheting slut..who could not even find for herself the reason she cheated...why was the husband supposed to fight for her? was the fight not over the day she got married to him?if this is what SJ is trying to imply ..then i have only pity for his thought process...

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Everyone criticizing SJ who says he’s cucking out with his story didn’t read and/or understand his prologue —

“As I am attempting to write from a female perspective...”

So of course she’s not going to put all the blame on herself. What? You think it’s going to end with her talking to us from the bathtub while the blood drains from her slit up wrists?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Bullshit and horrible

That was horrible. So its the husbands inability to forgive her that destroyed their marriage? Not the whore who cheated and refused to tell her husband all the details? How is he to try and get past it when she wouldn't share all the details?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just another example of men receiving blame for breakups weather they are that cheaters or cheated on. I call bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The author making the husband out to be a bad guy because he doesn’t trust a whore who knowingly and willingly cheated on him...crappy story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Congratulations!!!

You did what the hypothetical therapist would do: blame the husband.

Ofcourse he will be insecured. That's what betrayals do. The fact that he didn't suspect or kept an eye on his wife like a jailer showed he trusted her... Until she revealed shes a cheater.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

one of the most believable female perspectives I've read in a while

Beast1961caBeast1961caover 2 years ago

Both of the bad decisions were the wayward wife's -- #1, the affair... and #2, her absolute refusal to give him the details he needed. She is the one who fucked it all away - literally... and she should have given Haley to her husband and slit her own throat... the deceitful skank!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

I agree with Beast1961ca, she made all the bad choices yet you want to find fault with his only and only choice.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

She was never completely honest with him. And who wouldn't have the same reservations about her. He is better off without her. I think she is another affair waiting to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A twisted, tortured journey to foist blame onto the injured party. An intriguing method of trying to hide the greatest bad decision, demanding forgiveness. While both share responsibility for the outcome only one owns the cause. Regardless of the number of bad decisions only one matters, the first one. Typical of the guilty trying to shed guilt!

One and done...

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - This is actually a very good description of what really happens when the wife commits adultery.

Although, she did tell her husband she committed the offense, she compounded the problem by her unwillingness to describe the infidelity with any details, so the husband could determine a way for him to get past her screw up. In fairness, both should have gone to counseling and that would have unraveled both their character flaws and they may have divorced anyway. In that case, the infidelity may have been just a symptom of a very poor marriage, between two really screwed up people, who should not have gotten married in the first place.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

While it was well written, I did notice that you attempted to make the female blame the man for the problems, and his indecision.

You didnt allow her to be honest, and what you did do was the usual "women always blame the men" crap that so many writers here generally do.

This could have been good but you couldn't resist the path too well tread around here. Which really is too bad, the possibilities of this ranking very high as a real type of story were good, but you resisted doing that.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Well written an creative plot. 5 stars

bigurnbigurnabout 2 years ago

What a piece of crap story... She screwed around. She knew that it was wrong enough, that she was wracked with guilt and had to come clean... Since he saw no reason to forgive her, then he suddenly was a weak willed, insecure, stubborn MAN ? 1 star !

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

joe really can write the mind of a woman - self deception and not a damn thing ever really being her fault

.

.

Willing to do anything to save her marriage and protect her daughter, anything unless its something she doesnt want. Like remaining faithful, or living with a man who justifiably resents her, or not doing literally the only thing her husband asked of her- not telling anyone about the cheating

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

How is this any fault of his??? Also, how in the holy hell, does she get to set rules and regulations for what he is supposed to do. Ultimately, she made the right decision, cut him free so he could be with someone that was worth it, not some loser slut like herself.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprisealmost 2 years ago

She said she would do anything. but that wasn't true was it? she never answered his Questions about was he bigger did he make her cum how many times and so on and beside that every time he fucked her if they stayed together she would always be comparing. no mater what she says its human nature so for me if she wanted to remain his wife she should of answered every question honestly and immediately and let the cards fall where they did and when they did separate she should of told the family that she had betrayed her loving husband and took ownership that might of gave him the respect that she was telling the whole truth. and maybe that would give him enough of trust to try and rebuild their Marriage..... Thank you for letting me have my thoughts Darren

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The audacity to claim her love for him was unconditional... Bitch that love didn't even manage to keep your legs closed.

Don't get me wrong though. This a good decision on the writer's part. This is how most real women (that I know of) would think. So I guess 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope, sorry, she doesn't get to blame his subsequent decision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story but ending is very typical of a certain type of woman who can’t accept she is 100% in the wrong

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a bullshit conclusion, there is only one person to blame in this story, every thing that happens is a reaction to her deliberate decision to cheat.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Any man would question himself when his wife cheats no matter how confident he might seem.all men struggle with feeling worthy

RubiconXRubiconXover 1 year ago

This is a well-written story about a horrible, impulsive decision and the way guilt preys upon the mind. Obviously, there are multiple ways the situation could be handled, and each would have its proponents. But regardless of the reader’s beliefs or choices, this story presents adults thinking and conversing the way adults do, with no resorting to ludicrous, over-the-top revenge schemes, high-tech monitoring or bizarre sexual activity. This is the destruction of a family, told in sad, realistic detail. Tragedy indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a horrible c*** she is, maybe you can get over the sex incident but when you are trying to get to sleep and your brain supplies yet another possible scenario or person who it could be, forgiveness is impossible. Full disclosure including every detail is the only hope of any. He is blameless, funny how she turns against him and makes out he has faults to justify AFTER the crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In this case BTB would have been a better. Inclusion. What a horrible c**t of a woman! Talk about deflection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LoL way to turn it around on the poor husband. She did the act and couldn't let him work through his pain. Selfish and horrible woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have left immediately and took the kid with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

boo hoo this woman is a dirtball!!!

luverlybubblyluverlybubblyover 1 year ago

wht an arrogant & selfish woman,just go off & be a whore and let Brian bring up Haley

hossamtottihossamtottiabout 1 year ago

She fuck another man and said his character is bad

Completely bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She is wrong. Brian would not have had a decision to make if she wasn’t a slut who made a decision to cheat on him!!!

The destruction of the family is entirely on her and she didn’t accept that.

Thanks

albertin55@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just another slut, blaming others when it’s really all on her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's a great study in human frailties and how we deal with our own flaws. She had a one night stand, ok, her fault. But she confessed it for the sake of her own health, not for the sake of her husband or because he deserved the truth. She told herself she did it for him, even though it was for her own good. And then she said she would do anything to save their marriage, but refused to answer his questions (funnily, here he obviously didn't deserve the truth). Again, only for herself. And in the end, it gets even better. They're both to blame, when in reality it's all on her. She could have tried a lot harder, but it was easy to tell he couldn't get over it.

I'm convinced that many of us would try the same thing. It makes our mistakes seem smaller, at least to ourselves. And it shifts the blame to others so it's not all our fault. It makes us feel better and we don't have to admit to ourselves how badly we screwed up. This story shows that perfectly, and we still see that the woman here is fully responsible (as many of the comments show). A little depressing since others have to pay the price for her mistakes, but very well written.

L.

bigurnbigurnabout 1 year ago

So, the cheating slut ruins 3 people's lives and still rationalizes that he is at fault for not forgiving her... What a egocentric bitch ! 1 Star for the attempt to blame the victim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ugh. Why do people post stories like this on Literotica, it's not erotic at all. The sex is barely mentioned. If dealing with cheating is what you have to do, go to therapy.

AmberSolisAmberSolisabout 1 year ago

A tough, very well written story. Pulled me right into it. I hate that I love it so much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

agree this is more reality than the navy seal or Mexican whorehouse solutions. She ruined it and he did what he felt was best for him. However, had it been me everyone in the world would know she is a cheating slut so I am leaving her. Let them judge me if they was but I would not hide it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

There was only 1 bad decision made and it was hers. Self-serving bullshit trying to pawn off responsibility for the divorce to Brian. Not one of her arguments held water after her betrayal. She wanted Brian to live his life waiting for her next confession.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"His decision not to fight for our family made me realize..." what a crock of feminist claptrap. She destroyed the family. Why should he have to eat a mile of shit to try and superglue it back into a vessel filled with cracks and permanently weakened? She should do what's best for the children and leave them behind, as having her for an evil, fucked up role model will only ruin their lives even more. She's toxic, cancer, waiting to spread. Love the virtue signaling tags, as if you're planning to fix all that is wrong with these stories, and find a way to simply make it worse, less erotic, and more boring and unbelievable than any of the ones you rail against.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I'm sorry, but the tags are misleading. You tagged [no brain-dead wife] yet that's exactly what she is.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Absolute bullshit on her part. Yes she is very sorry, but the fact remains thst she went and fucked another guy. Then her guilt drove her to confess and in doing this and knowing it woul wreck her husband. To relieve her guilt she tells her wrong to dump the problems in her hubbys lap. Then he is so devastated that she did this and she is so scared to tell him what happened. He gets no closure, all he gets from her is inpatients from her and she claims in the story she will do anything, anything to help him get past her adultry. So he leaves and deals with it the best he can and then comes back and here she is again showing her shitty attitude and forces the divorce. I would have put it on her facebook page, i would have sued her company, and made her life a living hell for as long as i could. This stupid bitch talks about personality disorders of her husband but never acknowledges her own fuckup.

MarkItZeroMarkItZero10 months ago

"Our once-happy family was destroyed by two bad decisions: one mine, and one Brian's. "

NOPE!

Her bad decision to cheat was the only decision that created the shitstorm. the rest were consequences of her decision. What a twat.

Giorgio66EpzGiorgio66Epz9 months ago

I know there are a million ways a story like this can play out. In real life, this story has many endings, none of which will make sense to the vast majority. It's a case of "It happened to me this way." I was pulled into the story and enjoyed to drama of it. from the outside looking in, I empathized with each character. And I even had hope that he would get past his own pain and fight just a bit for the family he claimed he loved, broken and sad as it was.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your main characters are self-centered assholes. This dumb cunt cheats in her husband on a fucking whim, and can't figure out why her faithful husband has trust and insecurity issues.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A 2 star dislike because it was just another take on the entitled female cheater line. After all her so-called guilt and grief tripping in the end she simply reverted to type: "Oh gosh, I made a bit of a mistake but it should hardly justify you getting angry about it and even less justify you not forgiving me".

Notice how she wouldn't furnish him with the details she was happy to tell us readers about? Things like how she was the one to swipe her passcard in the door. How she sat drinking with her "mentor" all evening. No mention anywhere of calling home to hub or her daughter.

Then the most telling of all cheaters lines" I made a mistake but you're the one who is making a bigger mistake if you don't get past this and forgive me".

NO! NO! NO! There weren't 2 mistakes. Just the one, made by her. Everything else was a consequence of her mistake!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She made the mistake and then she hangs herself on a cross; they made the right move to end it. There are some mistakes that cannot be repaired or made up or glossed over.

SyzyguySyzyguy7 months ago

She made a mistake. This preyed on her mind so much that she had to tell her husband. This was for her benefit, not for his. He reacted "badly" and felt unmanned. She blamed him for this, rather than accepting that she caused it (a) by drunkenly cheating and (b) telling him, and moved to see herself as the victim. Again, this was for her benefit not his, shifting the responsibility onto him. I don't think it would have helped, but could she have gone to therapy alone? There was probably little hope for them if she wouldn't fully accept that the responsibility was hers. Thank you posting a story where your characters fell like real people.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

What a lowlife cunt she is. She rationalised a transference to make it Brian’s fault and because his understandable reaction was continually dismissed by her, she ends up salving her conscience and blames him and the ditches him to make herself feel better by sharing the blame equally.

What a cunt!!!

No sympathy for a woman who has no empathy,even understanding of her partners anguish. If she was mine l’d wring her throat.

2/5.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written and the characters draw you in. Love all the BTBs here losing their absolute marbles. They cannot comprehend a situation where a singluar indiscretion results in anything less than the complete destruction of a marriage. She fucked up but Brian is an unforgiving dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

DUMP THE CUNT, She WILL do it again,

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 months ago

Brian was right!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I can't believe this whore thinks their divorce is Brian's fault. He was right to leave her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It's amusing to see all the cucks here faulting Brian for not living with a whore, if you're so righteous YOU find a whore to save

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...

SIMILAR Stories