The Akua

Story Info
Anthropologist's 18-year-old son must adapt to local ways.
7.3k words
4.37
14.1k
22
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
gocarty
gocarty
161 Followers

Well, as usual, the "great" Marianna Ehrlich got her way. The most beloved female anthropologist since Margaret Mead, she was on her way to begin a long-desired, well-financed study of the Akua people -- a little-known Polynesian tribe whose home island had never really hit the fashion pages like Tahiti or even Bora-Bora. It wasn't that it was a particularly small island -- it was larger than Hawaii itself. It had just never caught the imagination of either artists or travel promoters.

Marianna had loved the island from the first time she'd seen it. Full of lush tropical jungle, it was singularly devoid of dangerous varieties of mammals, reptiles and insects. The people were physically beautiful (to her mind, at least) -- golden skinned, with diet and tradition leading to near-perfect physical proportions. Life for the Akua was easy, but their customs were strenuous enough to keep them fit from cradle to grave -- life was like one long athletic competition in the more remote villages.

In the one major port city, Lahuana, Western civilization had had some impact. The natives who lived there made their livings catering to Western incursions. Although the tourist traffic was slight, it was steady -- enough to establish a tourist-based economy for at least a few hundred people who lived and worked in the town.

But what Marianna had seen in the small, largely untouched up-country communities had sold her on the Akua way of life. It was unique -- so different from any other society she'd studied that she felt like a grad student again -- excited, full of anticipation, energized as she hadn't been in years.

The only problem was her son, Jeremy. He was just entering his senior year of high school, an 18-year-old with the world in his grasp. He was smart, good-looking, popular, athletic -- in his peer group, he ruled. She felt him drifting into a world that she didn't entirely approve of -- a world of shallow minds and powerful egos. As an anthropologist, she knew, for a certainty, that if he finished his senior year in his present school, with the company he was keeping, she'd never really be able to reach him again. Which was why, despite his anger and all the resistance he could muster, she had taken him out of school and brought him with her to the South Pacific. "Home schooling" she called it -- no problem with that -- with her credentials, he would have no difficulty passing standardized exams for his degree.

As they stepped off the boat in Lahuana (there was no air travel to the island), she was buoyant -- everything was just as she had remembered. But one black cloud remained -- Jeremy was still in his furious teen mode. For the entire trip, he'd barely had a civil word for his mother. His life was ruined -- period. And it was all her fault. The last thing he wanted was to waste a year of his life on some godforsaken uncivilized island, playing big bwana to the natives.

She was actually a little worried -- it was beginning to look like she'd waited too long. Her lovable little Germ had grown beyond her reach -- he was now more like some full-blown disease -- unreachable and relentless in his antagonism. For the last leg of the trip -- the five-day boat ride from the nearest airport-equipped island -- she had booked them a shared cabin. She was determined to eke out as much time in the field as possible, given the finite nature of the endowment that was financing her, and she was cutting every corner possible to save money.

But her son was right about one thing -- she was still thinking of him as a little boy, when he had become, without her realizing it, a man. Or nearly so. At least in body. His mind was still that of a spoiled teenager, but he was turning into an incredibly gorgeous young man. Even as his mother, she could finally see that. In the cramped quarters of their shared cabin, she became aware of the size of him -- he took up a surprising amount of space -- especially in his surly stand-offish mood. He was tall and had a good high school athlete's body -- narrow waist, well-developed chest and legs. In the t-shirt and boxers that he wore to bed (and obviously felt fully-dressed in), she was aware of his full pecs, big biceps and muscular thighs.

On one occasion, when she'd gotten up before him (as she did every morning), he had kicked the sheet partly off his bed, fully revealing his morning erection, which thrust out the fly of his boxers. He was truly huge -- his swollen cock was at least 8 or 9 inches long and as big around as a beer bottle. He was uncircumcised, but the enormous head of his cock protruded completely beyond the foreskin, accentuating the rigidity of his erection. She couldn't resist staring at it for several minutes, while he moaned and thrust his hips, obviously rapt in some erotic dream. Finally, afraid he'd wake up to see her there, she delicately drew the sheet back over his body and left the cabin, not returning until she was sure he'd already gotten up and dressed. She was pretty sure he had no idea what had happened, but for several days, she was plagued by mental flashes of that beautiful cock of his, distracting her from her work and disturbing her sleep.

----

After several days in Lahuana, Jeremy was beginning to get used to the idea that he wasn't going to be spending his senior year screwing Angela Jordan (as he had planned).

He sulked around the cottage that his mother had rented for them, but since she spent most of her time on protracted visits to the interior, all that prime sulking was really wasted. He finally started wandering around the town, finding little or nothing to interest him. The girls looked pretty good, but they were natives. He'd grown up in an anthropological family, and natives didn't really seem like people to him. Objects of interest, but not the kind of creatures a guy could treat like equals. Or be friends with.

The beach was great, though. He decided he'd at least get a scandalous tan, and decided to buy a really small bikini and spend his days laying out. He knew from past summers that his skin would turn a smooth golden tan and his blond hair would go near white from the sun.

With his mother gone most of the time, he was really starting to get lonely. He had to admit (to himself) that he was even glad to see her when she came back from her frequent trips. He began noticing the young people in the town. At first it was confusing -- it seemed as though there were two different types of natives -- half of them wore light but conventional western clothing. But the other half -- the girls wore wraparound skirts with no tops -- their breasts were completely bare. They didn't seem particularly conscious of it, nor did anyone else. Of course, Jeremy noticed. Without any sexual outlet, he was constantly horny and the sight of those beautiful, tan breasts had him constantly hard. As oversized as his cock was, this meant that he finally had to give up on the scandalous tan -- he started wearing baggy shorts, with his most powerful jock underneath.

He finally figured out that the difference between the two types of clothing was just a matter of where the girls lived -- those that lived permanently in the town wore t-shirts and shorts or skirts. It was only those from the villages who went bare-breasted -- and he only saw them when they happened to come to town, usually to visit relatives or purchase supplies.

While the girls excited him, he found the appearance of the boys his age more disturbing. Again, the townies dressed a lot like him, but the village boys were always completely naked. Even in town. And not just the young ones. The ones his age -- with their well-developed bodies -- firm muscles, flat bellies, fat uncircumcised cocks swaying as they walked. They tended to be smooth-bodied -- very little body hair. Even their pubic hair was minimal -- just the one neat patch above the cock -- the rest of the belly perfectly smooth. He noticed that they tended to have well-developed buttocks and thighs -- they must do a lot of running. When not moving, they looked like Roman statues. While they seemed very friendly, he was too uncomfortable around them to carry on a conversation, let alone in French, which was the only non-Polynesian language most of them spoke.

He was just beginning to relax into the eventless life of the town when his mother came home one evening, very excited.

"They've agreed to let us join a village!" she couldn't stop grinning as she gave him the news.

He stuck with the aloof teen attitude, but inside he knew why she was excited. He knew enough about her work to realize that this was a big deal -- that she could get a lot more information from the inside than just by observing. "What do you mean, 'us'?" he asked.

"Both of us," she answered. "They know I have a son and they offered a hut and acceptance into their tribe -- well, their village, actually. These things are handled on a village basis. We've got to move fast. I want to be up there tomorrow. The process takes a week or two and the sooner we start, the better."

"Uh, what exactly do we have to do? To join them?"

Marianna was relieved. Without saying so directly, his question made it clear that he wasn't going to refuse outright. She had to admit she didn't know exactly what would be involved. That was part of the process -- to learn the rules and procedures.

Both of them worked in near-congenial silence for the rest of the day, packing up everything they'd need, packaging the rest to leave it behind until later. They took a boat half-way around the island to get to a point that would shorten the overland trek by half.

In the morning, they hired a farm wagon and oxen, loaded their boxes into it and started plodding up the trail toward the village. Within half an hour, they were in dense jungle. Despite himself, Jeremy was excited -- he'd never seen real jungle before -- not in person. Halfway through the day, they were met by a group from the village who welcomed them to their part of the island and accompanied the wagon in a festive mood as it continued on its way up the slowly climbing trail. Jeremy was gratified by the concern and consideration being shown them. He hadn't realized in what high regard his mother was held here.

When they finally reached the village, Jeremy was in a complete haze -- he was exhausted and hardly able to keep his eyes open. He and his mother were shown to their new home -- a three-room structure that allowed each of them a private sleeping area and a general room for cooking, eating and study. He just rolled into bed, barely managing to strip down to his shorts.

The following morning, he overslept -- from sheer exhaustion. They had already been visited by the headman of the village, who gave Marianna her initial instructions on becoming a villager. In a nutshell, they were to conform as completely as possible to village norms -- whether any unusual requests or "outsider" items or behaviors would be allowed could be discussed (as need arose) and decided upon by the village council. But the council's decisions were final -- it would be considered insulting to continue to argue for any special requests after a formal process had been gone through.

It was pretty much what she had hoped for -- the people were, in general, very reasonable and kindly, and it was actually her own preference that exceptions not be made. Her research would be that much more valuable if her experience was authentically Akua and not some hybrid.

She was looking forward, with some trepidation, to Jeremy's reaction to all this. Because she was perfectly aware -- although it did not seem to have occurred to him -- that he was going to have to dress Akua-style during the several months that she planned for them to spend in the village. And when Jeremy woke up, he found himself already clothed in the Akua style of dress for 18-year-old boys -- he was stark naked. A couple of the village boys of his age had come in while he was sleeping and removed his boxers as part of the "removal of the foreign objects" process. All their belongings that the headman questioned or outright forbade were removed and placed in a general storage building. It was understood that Marianna and the headman would have some discussions about some of those items, but there was no real question about Jeremy's clothing -- he would have none -- that was absolute.

Jeremy woke to Marianna's calling him to breakfast. He was confused at first -- couldn't figure out where he was -- then he remembered the long journey they'd taken and their arrival the night before. He was somewhat embarrassed when he realized he was naked -- somebody must have removed his shorts. He got off the mat he'd been sleeping on and looked around, but saw no obvious place where there might be clothing. He still had a morning half-hard-on and finally, out of a need to urinate, he looked around the corner of the door into the common room. "Hey, Mom, where's the toilet? And where's my clothes?"

Marianna looked at his tousled head and as much of his bare upper body as was revealed around the door frame. "The toilet is outdoors -- at the north end of the village. There's one for men and one for women. The men's is at the end of a short path that angles off toward the left." She grinned at him. "And your clothes are in storage. As long as we're here, you'll be dressing in the Akua style. In fact, you're already dressed in the Akua style, as it happens -- 18-year-old boys wear nothing at all. Well, for formal occasions, they wear a head band and a belt, but you'll have to make those for yourself."

He stared at her, suddenly looking extraordinarily young with his mussed blond hair and his wide blue eyes. "You're kidding, right?"

She shook her head. "No, Jeremy. Surely you noticed the village boys while you were in town? I don't believe you weren't aware of that." Actually, she was quite certain that he hadn't thought it through -- right now, she was just trying to make it a pride thing -- she didn't think he'd admit being so unobservant.

And she was right. "Well, yeah," he said, making an obvious effort to remain calm. "But I didn't think that would apply to me. They know that that's not our custom. Surely they wouldn't expect me to be able to go around stark naked just like that."

"Well, Jeremy, you see, to them it's no big deal. I don't think it would occur to them that you'd mind a bit."

"Well, I do mind." He sounded a little panicky. "I can't go out like this." He sounded almost in pain. "And I really do have to go. Right now." He was moving from foot to foot, inadvertently exposing little flashes of naked hip and thigh around the door frame as he did.

"Sorry, Jeremy. But you're going to have to go just as you are. No one will pay the slightest attention. Honestly. You saw how it was yesterday. All the boys your age are completely bare -- all the time. They would only find it odd if you weren't naked." She frowned at him. "Now hurry up -- run if you want to, but just follow the path that way," (pointing north, since she assumed he had no directional bearings yet), "and get it over with. I'm starving and I've waited breakfast for you, so I don't have much patience."

She could see that he wanted to argue more, but it was just as clear that his bladder wasn't going to wait much longer. Finally, he shuffled into the main room, trying to keep his genitals covered as he turned to the door and then, literally, ran out the door. She walked over to the door to watch and giggled as she saw him dash up the path -- such a gorgeous body he had. His ass was similar in type to the locals -- full, round cheeks, totally hairless. But now that she was seeing it (for the first time) fully naked, she realized that it was actually quite a bit fuller than most of the natives, especially in contrast to his narrow, athletic waist. She was surprised to see that his ass was a real work of art -- and erotic art, at that. Most of it hadn't seen the sun in many years, and she watched fondly as his amazingly white cheeks jiggled and bounced as he ran.

There weren't many villagers around -- those that saw him stared openly (of course -- regardless of what she had told him, they were all going to be very curious about the newcomers). She noticed they all had broad smiles on their faces as they went about their business once Jeremy had disappeared into the bushes.

She sat down at her desk and began working on her notes, giving Jeremy the space to come back into the hut without being looked at. And a few minutes later she heard the pattering of his bare feet as he dashed back inside. She got up and motioned him to the table. "Just sit and I'll put breakfast on." Carefully avoiding staring, she served the local porridge-like dish with some spices and coconut milk.

He was reassured enough by her calmness and the table top covering him that he managed to begin eating -- he was obviously starving, too.

Of course, the table top didn't really cover him that well -- Marianna was impressed once again by how beautiful he was -- his body was classical, perfect. And his cock and balls, which were readily visible to her as she moved around the room, were quite large. Bigger than any man she'd ever been with. Certainly bigger than any of the villagers that she'd seen. She smiled. He was just going to have to get used to being stared at -- not for being naked, but for being so goddamned hot. Even the villagers thought so -- a couple of them had commented on his looks last night, and she'd seen the expressions on the faces of those that had seen him naked this morning.

And of course, contrary to what Marianne had just told Jeremy, the villagers knew perfectly well that Jeremy was going to be deeply embarrassed by his enforced nudity. They were not ignorant of western culture and were looking forward to having a good deal of enjoyment -- at Jeremy's expense.

As he ate, Marianna informed Jeremy that she had asked one of the boys to come by after breakfast, to show Jeremy around. She also handed him a tube of the highest rated sun-block she had. "Here -- make sure you cover yourself thoroughly with this. The parts of you that are lily-white will burn very quickly in this tropical sun -- it's critical that you keep your whole body covered with this for the first week or so. After that, we'll see. It shouldn't take too long."

Jeremy's eyes widened a little -- he hadn't even thought about that.

"Kehea will help you -- you're not going to be able to do it right otherwise. Especially on your back and backside. I've already explained to him what to do and how to do it." Jeremy's discomfort with this idea was so obvious that she immediately went on. "One problem is going to be that this is really a traditional village -- the people here do not speak English. You'll have to learn the language as quickly as possible -- Kehea will help you there, as well. He knows just a few words of English -- I taught him. He knows French a little better, so your Latin might help there when you're struggling for a word. But the best thing is just to try to learn the Akuan words and use them as best you can." She went to her desk. "Here's a list of some of the basics -- they're pronounced like Hawaiian -- pronounce every vowel separately. You shouldn't have any trouble making yourself understood. If you do, Kehea will be there to help."

Jeremy was starting to look deeply uneasy with all this. His anxiety level was rising by the moment. Fortunately, Kehea chose that moment to show up.

In the usual manner of the villagers, he made a small noise with his feet outside the door, then walked in. He walked up to Jeremy and held out his hand. "Hello!" he said in a triumphant voice.

Jeremy was totally panicked. He was completely naked and confronted by another naked guy his own age -- in front of his fully-dressed mother, no less. He froze in place, hoping to stay at least a little covered by the table top.

gocarty
gocarty
161 Followers