The Anderson Women Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Plain? Haha!" Deborah laughed at that comparison. She too found Rick a little weird. She had even told Sarah this after meeting him for the first time. It was a few years ago and she couldn't say that he had grown on her. She still found him weird; however, she respected Sarah's choice.

"Sigh... we are getting old... Sarah is getting married; Mike has a kid... sigh!"

"At least they are moving on with their lives and not stuck like us..." Deborah quipped at their situation.

"True!" Vanessa agreed. "Still, I never imagined Mike would have a kid so soon. I know, I know... technically Joe is his friends' kid, even so, Mike is now a father to him more or less..."

"Well, I always said Mike was a responsible one... unlike my Julie, who is acting weirder by the day..."

"You think so too?" Vanessa hummed. "I think ever since Mike came back, she's been acting strange..."

"And don't get me started on her choice of men... ugh!"

Vanessa giggled at that. She remembered the guy Julie had most recently brought home and a smile came across her face. "He wasn't much of a smarty-pants, was he?"

"Slow, is what I would call him." The two women laughed uproariously.

"I don't know what Julie sees in them..."

"There's nothing to see, that's the problem with her." Deborah complained about her daughter. She had always been critical of the men her daughters dated, or more specifically her younger daughter dated. "Well, what can you do if someone is hell bent on making the wrong choices...?"

"Children... always making us worry..."

"Well, you now have Joe to worry about too," Deborah said while looking towards the little boy busy playing in the sand.

"Now that we are on that topic," Vanessa said after much deliberation. She was going to share what was only between her and Mike till now. "I am thinking- I am thinking about having a child!"

"What?!" Deborah nearly leaped out of her chair in shock. "What are you talking about?!"

Vanessa felt a little miffed about the over-the-topreaction of Deborah; however, she didn't point it out to her. "It's just like I said, I am thinking of having a baby."

"But why? You already have Mike and now Joe too..."

"Yeah, but I am stepmother of Mike and Joe, however much I wish it, neither is mine..."

"Mike doesn't see you as a stepmother, you know that!"

"I know he doesn't, but I really want to be a mother, and experience childbirth, and feel like a woman again!"

"Believe me you don't want to experience childbirth..."

The two women let out a laugh at that.

Deborah took a while to digest the shocking revelation before she asked, "Your husband knows?"

Vanessa scoffed and answered, "He doesn't know a thing."

"Hmmm... who else knows?"

"Only Mike."

"That's good... he can keep a secret... well I would advice against it but since you seem to be sure... well how are you planning to tell your husband?"

"I won't!"

"Blindside him?"

"Yep!"

Deborah shook her head. "Though I am not in favour of it, it serves him right for ignoring his wife like that, and taking her for granted..."

"Yeah!"

"And maybe I should have an affair to make mine notice..."

"You're so bad..."

"Well, I can be bad when I need to!"

The two women laughed between themselves, each with their own thoughts.

***

(Scene 3)

Mike was resting inside his room. He had planned this trip to their summer home in order to get some thinking space. He was plagued with worries, not only because of work, but also due to his messy love life. He had already taken on the responsibility for raising a child and he had thought that would be all he could ever want.

But, returning home had brought a lot of surprises.There was the issue with his mother wanting to have a baby. His relationship with Julie was... undeterminable and then there was Sarah... it was all messed up and he wanted the time and space to think.

So, he had planned to go alone, but when he had let it slip to his mother, she jumped on the chance and begged to come with him. Then Sarah said that she didn't want to leave little Joe alone and announced she would come along. Julie made an excuse that if she didn't leave as well, she would have to do the work for three persons worth and she didn't want to do that. And lastly Deborah complained that she would be all alone if everyone left for the beach house.

That's how it had all played out. Mike was stuck with his family, partly because he couldn't say no to them and partly because they loved him too much to let him leave alone when they could clearly see that he was struggling with something.

"I guess you can't always have things your way..."

He was lost in his thoughts when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

It was Deborah; his aunt.She strolled in and sat beside him on the bed. The beach house was a huge property, such that there were more than ten rooms. So, everyone had their own rooms, however, Mike had chosen a room where there was minimal furniture. As a result, Deborah had nowhere else to sit but beside him.

"What's up?"

"I came to apologize to you!"

"Apologize? What for?"

"For coming here uninvited, for ruining your trip and privacy... just these simple things really."

"Nah, you're good. Don't apologize over something like that."

"Still, I feel-"

"Shhh!" Mike silenced her by placing a finger over her lips.

It wasn't awkward or upsetting, they had that much kinship between them for ages. And even when she was in a bikini it wasn't special as Mike had seen in her bikinis since he was little.

However, he had to admit there was something different about Deborah that wasn't there before, and she being in a bikini wasn't it. Mike couldn't place exactly what it was but he was sure something was different.

Deborah removed his finger from over her lips but not before she gave it a soft kiss.

A jolt ran through Mike because of that little action and he quickly retreated, confused.

"Hehe," Deborah giggled. "Don't be like that; it's just a little kiss from your aunt, nothing to balk at..."

Mike smiled and shook his head. He too didn't know why he reacted so, however, he didn't dwell on it, and playfully pinched her cheek.

Deborah giggled, she seemed to be enjoying it and also inviting it. She softly swatted his chest and said, "Bad!" She then tapped his chest with her index finger. "So, what are you hiding?"

"Hiding?"

"Or should I say, why are you hiding?"

"What are you talking about?"

Mike was confused by her questions. For a second, he thought that she knew about Sarah or Julie, but he dismissed it as swiftly as the thought came to his mind. There was no way anyone could think of that.

"You don't want to talk about it, is it?" Deborah asked with a smile.

"I'm confused."

"That you sure are..."

Mike was lost; he never knew that his aunt liked to talk in riddles. He tilted his head sideways and gave her a long look. He wanted to ascertain if she really knew something or was just probing him.

The last thing he wanted to do was to open his mouth in an inopportune timing and spill the beans.

"Well since you won't say it on your own..." Deborah began and sharply stared at him. "... I might as well just do what I came to do..."

Mike gulped nervously. He couldn't make out the reason why, but at that moment Deborah seemed very scary to him.

"Now I don't have any proof or such, but I believe there's something going on between you three. You and Sarah and Julie. I don't know what it is and why it is... but don't hurt them."

"Hurt them?"

"I am not talking physically; I mean don't hurt their hearts. I don't care what you do or who you do it with, I have only one thing to say, don't break their hearts. Or you will pay for it."

"Aunt Debbie-"

"It's just a warning."

"I-"

"And also, make up your damn mind!"

***

(Scene 4)

Sarah was running behind Joe, with a bowl of veggies in her hand. She was trailing him and also calling for him to stop. She was making different animal sounds and also proposed various bribes she would offer him if he just stopped running and finished his veggies.

Joe was giggling and running circles around the dinner table. He was very much enjoying this little game with Sarah.

Julie who was having her dinner was watching them mirthfully. Joe still hadn't taken to her but she liked the little fellow. He was a bundle of joy. Regretfully though, he was only ever like that with Sarah and Vanessa, apart from Mike of course.

"Why are you playing along like that? Just hold him and stuff them in."

"What?!"

Sarah was appalled listening to her younger sister's words. She could never, ever, imagine doing what she had suggested in passing, or at least that's how it seemed to her.

"Are you crazy?"

"Why? It's better than what you are doing now. Running around like that how's it better than my thing?"

"You don't know... that's why he doesn't like you..."

"What? What did you say?" Julie felt like she had been hit at her sore spot. She already felt sad that little Joe wouldn't take to her and was worried about it, unnecessarily so. She knew anything needs some time, especially with Joe and his case; however, it was a sensitive topic for her.

Anger consumed her as she stared at her elder sister, who seemed sorry but it didn't matter to Julie. She was enraged, she hadn't had a good time recently what with Mike and everything, and this on top of it made her mad, mad enough to exact vengeance.

"What do you know, you are not his Mom!"

Julie instantly regretted saying it. She didn't get the satisfaction; it only served to make her feel worse. But the damage was done.

Sarah had a hint of tears in her eyes as she stormed off.

"Sarah, wait!" Julie went following her to her room. "Wait, I'm sorry! I did not mean it!"

Sarah meant to slam the door shut but Julie got in before she could do that. Julie apologized profusely to her but she didn't say a word.

"Look, I'm sorry, ok? I didn't mean it and I'm sorry!"

Sarah kept mum while sitting on the bed. She didn't even listen to any of the words her sister was saying. Suddenly, though, she had a steely look on her face as she stared at Julie.

"I know!"

Julie furrowed her brows. She didn't get what Sarah meant by those words. However, before she could ask for an explanation, Sarah continued.

"I know about you and Mike!"

Julie was stunned speechless. It was like a thousand-pound hammer hit her on her face. She didn't know what to say or what to do. She had been exposed, brutally so. Still, she tried to take stock of the situation by putting up a front. "What about me and Mike?"

"No need to pretend otherwise, I heard you that night."

"You heard?"

"Yeah, I had come home early and happened to hear you and Mike. So don't pretend to be holier than thou, I know all about your tryst. I don't need advice from someone who goes behind people's backs and fucks their cousin."

Julie was crestfallen. She felt exposed and vulnerable to be calledout like that. She wasn't yet ready, she had been processing that night inside her mind, and what it meant going forward, still she wasn't ready for her family to know. If it wasn't handled carefully, it could break apart their families, and not just because of their family business.

"I- I," Julie stuttered when suddenly the smug face of Sarah came into her line of vision. Her earlier rage came back to her and she wanted to hurt her sister.

But Sarah was like the perfect woman in her mind, her idol. But there was one thing that she...

"At least I'm not fucking a dead fish!"

"Dead fish?!"

"Yeah, dead fish Rick!"

"What did you say about my fiancé!?"

"Fiancé or not at least my choice is better than yours... at least Mike is smart, hot, and fucks deliciously. Not like someone's fiancé who only cares about the quarterly report!"

"Oh, yeah? Well, at least I have a fiancé and not stuck in my high school phase still... fucking for fucking's sake. At least I have a real connection with someone."

"You call that a connection?" Julie scoffed. "I call that compromise! Have you ever noticed how you don't seem to care about his opinions or wants? Have you noticed how pissed off you get if ever Rick expresses himself in front of the family?"

"You! Well, I'm not fucking my cousin, am I?"

"Again, with that... don't you have something else to say?"

"Don't pretend what you are doing is acceptable! It could tear apart our families!"

"What do you care?"

"I just told you that! It could tear apart our families. You are playing with fire!"

"You don't have to worry! We will be together!"

"Together? So, you have finally decided?!"

The shouting had calmed down and became more of an inquisitive questionnaire. Julie, with her eyes widened, asked her sister about what she meant by those words.

"Finally?" What do you mean finally?"

"I noticed your odd behaviour, especially near Mike. So, you have decided?"

"Why do you care so much about my decision?"

"I care dammit! Just answer me!"

"Why?"

"Answer me!"

"Why?! Tell me why!"

"Because I love him, too! Because I am in love with him!"

Julie's brows lifted up as those words registered in her brain. It was like an endless echo for her. "You are in love with Mike?" She murmured.

"Yes! I am!" Sarah broke down after saying it, admitting to it.

Julie lost in her thoughts and shocked out of her body as she sat beside her sister. She hugged her close and tight. "It will be fine; it will be fine. Don't worry!"

"But how? We are in love with the same person at the same time!"

"Love? Who said anything about love? I am not in love with him!"

"Didn't you say that you would be together?"

"I was just saying that to piss you off..." Julie smiled wryly.

"So, you're not in love with Mike?"

"No!"

"And I can believe you?"

"Yes, you can! Yes, you can..."

***

(Scene 5)

"Where is everyone?" Mike asked Vanessa. They were the only ones at the dinner table with no one else in sight.

"Deborah went shopping with Joe, and Sarah and Julie are in their rooms. It's just us two for dinner tonight, baby!"

Vanessa smiled mirthfully. She loved the fact that she was having dinner alone with Mike. Ever since Mike had gotten back, she hadn't had much time to spend alone with him. First there was the work situation, Mike had a lot of responsibilities, and secondly Joe was always around.

It didn't mean that she didn't love having Joe around, far from it. Still, she craved for a mother son bonding time. She used to have so much fun with him when he had been at home and somewhere inside her mind, she missed those days of leisure.

"Oh," Mike muttered before digging in.Sarah had cooked the food for the day and he had always loved her cooking.

Mike was still lost in thought because ofDeborah's words. He wasn't paying much attention and Vanessa didn't like it. She wanted him to pay attention. That's why she had worn such fancy clothes and fancy jewellery.

"Baby? What are you thinking?"

"Huh?"

"I asked you what you were thinking..."

Mike was pulled back to reality due to his mother's pouting voice. He turned his face towards her and stared at her silently.

"Wow, mom! You look so beautiful!"

"Thank you, baby! I wore it for you!"

"For me?"

"Yes, for you!"

"Why? I mean, I love it! Definitely love it, but why did you put in so much effort?"

"Sometimes, baby, you are a dunce!"

Mike grinned at that and it made his mother giggle.

"Anyway! You look so beautiful, and it's making me feel underdressed. It's like we are not even from the same planet, you and I!"

"Don't be so modest, baby! You are very handsome!"

"Now, you're just saying that..."

"It's true, though..."

Mike laughed it off and decided to focus on his food. He was still a little rattled from his talk with Deborah. It was quite eerie.

After a short lull, Vanessa spoke, "Baby... um... have you thought about it?"

Mike knew this time what she was referring to. He also knew that he couldn't escape this time by making an excuse about not having enough time to go over it. Because, here, all he had was time. But he didn't know what to say at the moment.

Seeing that her son kept silent, she spoke in a soft voice, "Don't be worried about my reaction, and just say the truth. I am a big girl; I can handle it."

Mike was not so sure about that. He had inkling that she would be terribly disappointed if he said anything other than a resounding yes.

"Have you talked to Dad about it?"

"No, I haven't, you know that..."

Mike nodded to show that he in fact did actually know that. Still, he wanted to be sure whether or not his father knew about Vanessa's wish.

"But I did tell Debbie about it!"

"Yeah!? What did she say?"

"Nope, you have to tell me first what you think about it and then I will tell you what she said."

Mike smiled surreptitiously. He couldn't get away with it.He was in a dilemma. Not just because he found it weird that his mother wanted to have a baby or because she was asking for his opinion or maybe permission, he just was going through a lot and didn't know how to process this at the same time.

"Okay, first can you repeat it for me why you actually want to have another kid?"

"Gladly." Vanessa beamed. She cleared her throat and laid down her cutlery. "So, you may think it is a snap decision but I have really put some thought in it."

"I'm listening..."

Vanessa smiled and took Mike's palm in her own. "You were so little when I got married and I had made a promise to myself that even though I may not be your real mother, I won't let you ever feel that way. And I think I have done a good job. Don't you think so baby?!"

"Mom..." Mike never liked it when Vanessa referred to herself as stepmother. In fact, he hated it, he couldn't even entertain the idea that she was anything but his mother.

He knew it was a bit disrespectful to his birth mother but he loved Vanessa so much that it was hard for him to express it in mere words. That's why it was so hard for him to stay separated from her. He often mused about what if, what if Phil wasn't his roommate, what if he never met Robin, would he still be able to live away from his family, his mother. He got homesick easily, even though he tried to deny it, he knew it to be true.

"It's fine baby... I didn't mean to upset you... but the truth of the matter is I have never experienced giving birth, and I want to do it before I'm too old and physically unable to do it."

"Is that the only reason? Why haven't you talked about it then?" For Mike it was very strange that his mother would ask him or discuss with him about this rather than with his father, her husband.

They get along well, so what is the problem? He thought.

"Listen, first of all I want to get your view on it, it's what matters to me. Everyone will have their views on it but what matters to me is what you think... I will only go through with it, if you think you will be fine with it..."

"But mom-"

"Let me finish first!" Vanessa pumped her fingers which were clutching his hand. "Don't think that I want to replace you or that I have got this notion because Joe has started to stay with us. No, I have been thinking about it for a while now..." Vanessa paused and drank some water.

Mike, who was now quietly listening to his mother talk, could feel how much she wanted this. He could see from her expression that she really wanted it. That was the clincher, really. His decision was already made for him, for he didn't want to disappoint her, ever. It didn't matter anymore what he thought about it or what his father's opinion would be, he just wanted to make his mother happy. And if she wanted to have a baby, she could very well have it.

"For the longest time, I haven't felt like a woman. Your dad never pays any attention to me anymore, and I miss the intimacy. I want to feel like a woman again. And what better way to feel that way than getting pregnant..."