All Comments on 'The Antisocial Network'

by Charles_Bovary

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

Oh, yeah! That was a damn good read. 5*, of course!

In fact, I was enjoying it so much I was sorry it came to an end.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Lovely stuff

That was a top-of-the-class story, looking at the age-old problem from a new angle. I really enjoyed the crafty revenge from a thoroughly modern perspective. The romance was rushed but very satisfying, and the whole thing - like a good meal - was completely fulfilling.

Well done, sir! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Bit Of Fun

Far fetched? Yes. Still fun.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Great but the bitch should have been arrested for bigamy. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Easiest 5 Stars Ever!

Thank you for this original, imaginative and entertaining read. Much appreciated!

deadmunnydeadmunnyover 3 years ago
good one

Would have liked to have seen a little more revenge, but good stuff

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
Clever Story

The ex wife was a true predator and deserved everything she got.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

What a great story! It was interesting to see how Dash manipulated social media to that extent. I'm glad Marlene got outed for the nasty bitch she really was and Wes got a happy ending.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago

Loved it. Very well written and a good story. I don't know about the Restraining Order though, I think that card is played all-too-often in stories here. I think even a corrupt Judge might have a problem handing that out as a perk for a donor.

Anyhow, I thought the story was fairly realistic, legal stuff notwithstanding, and it had a happy ending. Well done. Full marks. Thanks for posting.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

What a great story

xiluaxiluaover 3 years ago
Fantastic

I believe that we now have a new angle never explored in the loving wife section. Finally something great here. 5*****

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Should have that Red H thingy on the score!

Very, very clever and very well written. Sure this will be on the honour roll list, cracking story....(not sure what AnonymousinRed is smoking but I don't want any). Thank you for that really good story, 5* all the way.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Great story, Mr. Bovary. Well done.

KidCreoleKidCreoleover 3 years ago
Response to JbRobertsson legal issues

In divorce cases, a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) can be granted with very little evidence, and without the accused being given notice (to protect true victims) and will be in affect until the hearing date, which can be a couple of days. A lot of authors on here refer to a restraining order. For that, you need lots of proof. So, a TRO can grant the filer a little time and clause the spouse some major headaches, but the time frame would be a week at most before a hearing.

I thought this was a good story, even though hubby fell to fast for the first woman he met.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Average story with typical legal stupidities

The story is at best OK, as there is no drama and nothing particularly unique beyond the social network environment.

But, I dislike the stupid line about the husband getting a $6.5 million settlement plus attorney fees almost immediately after the social network hits. If this was an isolated fact, it would be one thing, but that stupidity becomes a central focus of the story. No way in the world would anyone have negotiated that sort of settlement ever, much less in the span of a couple days.

Yet, authors seem unab le to break away from the preposterous trope that some employer is going to pay millions of dollars to avoid some sort of scandal, instead of doing the hard work of developing a more realistic story.

I gave a 3* but even that might have been too high for a story that turns on such crap.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsover 3 years ago

Wow! Something original, well written, enjoyable with a happy ending.

arincharinchover 3 years ago
Just Hilarious!

Real funny! But I gave it three stars because the plot is a bit weak. Then I added another star for knowing to use infamy, which as all good boys and girls know is being famous for a bad thing, while fame of course means being famous for a good achievement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Creative...

and who would have thought you could learn something from an LW story. Outstanding.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Clothes

Winston should have been able to get the judge to arrange for Hubby to retrieve his personal effects from the house, if not the first day after he was served, then certainly by the day after Winston was retained.

The story was nicely done, including my favorite (using ‘complemented’ correctly.)

maedhros21maedhros21over 3 years ago
Excellent

5 stars all the way!!!

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
rofl

congrats u hit the #1 spot for the dumbest story i have read on this site. u have zero understanding of the law.

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
What A Ride!!

Thanks for posting this story. Very clever plot. Plus, excellent writing. Easiest 5 stars I've ever cast.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

Loved it. Easy 5* from me.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 3 years ago

What a welcome break from these crazy times. One of the most original and enjoyable stories I’ve ever read on this site. Great job, sorry I couldn’t give it more than 5 stars.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

That was a great story and really fun to read. Amazingly, this story like a lot that I read in LW took me into a place I know very little of. Social media is a world I usually try to avoid. I do have a Facebook account, set up by my 13 year old son, who also set up my Zoom network, my computers, phones, and the tech on my Gladiator. I have 18 Facebook friends, mostly family. My son has over 1000 "friends", and my turnaround 700. I do have Instagram, but no Tweeter, or Tim Tok, whatever that is. I am completely amazed that I can work at my NC hospital from my quarantine in Arizona. I can Zoom with other Covid researchers all around the world. All this blows my mind. In this story, I was familiar with the cheating wife, there evil lover, and the betrayed husband. These are all staples of the usual cheating wife plot. But the weapons Dash used to burn the bitch were new and fascinating to me. I've read really good stories of Facebook being used as a weapon, but using YouTube videos and influencers, whatever that is, to carry out a campaign to destroy the cheating bitch was genius. I don't know Me Bovary's age, but his social media knowledge is astounding to me. Just added spice was the revelation that the bastard lover was Marlene's next intended victim. A perfect, happy ending for Wed and Dash was just the right finish. A great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was fun!

I had to laugh at one commentator that thought it was a bit far-fetched. That was obviously someone with NO clue how social media, twitter, Facebook and the internet work. Thanks for the entertainment.

5 stars

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 3 years ago

The story was pleasant enough but the legal part was nonsense. Hate to tell y'all but companies, and more to the point, insurance companies, do not hand out multi-million dollar settlements to mopes like Wes without investigation and documentation of real damages. Wes had little if any damages, maybe a few months of loss of his paltry wages. So that sort of crass ignorance impairs enjoyment of the story for me. Write what you know, not what you don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed very much

This was a refreshing take on the "getting revenge" idea that was a lot of fun.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
It must be me

I think that having to have characters with an IQ below 50 to make a story work does not make for a good story.

The writing was ok but the ex boss was mentally retarded and he became a meme ffs.

Really not good, even if well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I was reluctant to read this story

But then saw the comments and the rising star count.

I am glad I did. It was well presented and well written.

5*

CLM

JackallsJackallsover 3 years ago
Good

But too long.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago

I read the comment from " ForensicFossil" and was interested with ideas like legal details being 'nonsense' but some people think the whole of California belongs in that category!(family law especially) Crazy money-mad bitches cheating and using divorce to rip off their spouses, errattic management, excessive law firms and easily-bribable officials are not a stretch for that part of the USA. That's my opinion , of course, (I COULD be wrong!) Good story though, Thank You 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story very enjoyable,

I had to look up if a lawsuit won because of wrongful termination in calif is taxable,.the writer go this correct. Calf bleeds those with a income the most in this USA .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I liked the internet campaign angle, l don’t recall it being exploited so well in any other LW story. Great job!

Looking forward to your next post.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Insight into Cancel Culture

I enjoyed this very much. For someone like me who avoids social media, CB has provided an interesting glimpse of the power of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the rest to shape public opinion, sometimes based upon nothing more than rumor and innuendo. With voting underway in the US through 11/03/2020, I suspect all of these services will impact the election in ways we have not predicted.

I see this story as a cautionary tale in many respects. Thank you for sharing it here, CB.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 3 years ago
Very creative

And up-to-date. And too true! The social media is certainly working as described, even though it is probably destroying our lives and our culture. But it is what it is!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Holy moley...an ORIGINAL, well-written, fully developed story line on Lit. Congrats, CB.

5*. Please keep them coming (so to speak).

wonder203wonder203over 3 years ago
5*

Great story and very well written. Glad I read it!

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

Yup, really enjoyed reading this. It's not a cookie-cutter LW story, thank goodness. Getting bored lately. Thanks for all the work to give us some free entertainment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I thought the story was mediocre, but the setting was perfect.

Where better than California? The husband was a clueless poltroon, more emotion than brains, more heart than head. Great for a romantic tryst, deadly for a successful marriage.

The bulk of the story was about spin and theater, plus the machinations of a sociopath who makes her living making and breaking marriage vows. There really wasn't much to do with lust, love affairs, or marriage difficulties. Marriage was just this whore's shtick for making money. Kind of curious, but no real drama or suspense. You did infer that in addition to harvesting divorce settlements, the bitch had a fetish for sexual domination.

But you left that aspect of the story mostly unexplored and unexplained. Did she divorce this husband because she suddenly developed a taste for domination, had the current husband even been offered a sub/dominant relationship, what difference did her sexual perversion make on the plot or her choices? It appeared to be her driving concern until we learn she's a serial divorcer. Confusing.

Not a bad story, just shallow and a bit confusing. Still, thanks for the effort.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Wow, this could be the start of a great series with Wes and Dash fighting for cyber truth and justice in NOCAL. “Antisocial Network” was a real treat, a deftly plotted and executed page turner. Thanks very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

A Truly original Story .. Liked it a Lot

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
@ KidCreole

Thanks for the info, I think you're correct. There's certainly a difference between a TRO and RO. The rules apparently vary from state to state, county to county. In Texas, you need some verified reasons for obtaining a TRO that's issued without notice to the adverse party.

A Protective Order is an entirely different story. That's different from an RO.

What surprised me (after looking it up) is that A TRO is NOT a Protective Order, which means that the police cannot kick you out of your house or forcibly arrest you for violating the TRO, absent any related criminal conduct. TRO’s only last 14 days and cannot be enforced by police officers.

Police cannot arrest you for violating a TRO? That doesn't make sense to me, but, at least in Texas, TRO’s are civil injunctions, not criminal.

The judge, of course, has discretion to extend or vacate the TRO. If you violate a TRO, you'll be making the judge angry, and he can do all kinds of things to you, like holding you in contempt of court, throw you in jail, etc.

The lawyer should jump on it right away; if a TRO is contested, you'll quickly get your day in court.

I think the important point to understand is that one spouse cannot just order up a TRO because they're pissed at the other spouse. Even a TRO requires proof to be enacted. A Restraining Order requires even more.

Still a great story. Thanks!

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

great read, very creative story. awesome twist with Marlene.

needed a little bit more romancing at the end. also thought the btb was a bit incomplete.

would've been nice with an epilogue where Wes married Dash with kids and coincidentally bumped into an unfortunate Marlene

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

Odd the femdom thing never came out about Marlene.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it

Powerful story with an interesting parable.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to become a piece of shit ex-wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very

A very enjoyable story.I would have liked his boss to have been fired or demoted for the way she fired him.

Dubby49Dubby49over 3 years ago

At last a BTB story with a difference.

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
nicely done

thank you

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Second reading

I enjoyed the story just as much as I did the first time through. Well written and nicely paced, it follows a skilfully crafted arc while demonstrating that concept well.

Look forward to reading more from this talented author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

This could be a script to a good Lifetime movie. :)

IainmoreIainmoreover 3 years ago
Yarn

Thoroughly enjoyable yarn. 5 stars.

JakeDraper29JakeDraper29over 3 years ago

*****

An amazing story with a unique premise. A really convoluted but cool way to BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

What a very nice story, unique and, these days, certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. I loved it.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
UNIQUE

This is the most unique plot I have read on LW. Well written and very entertaining. 5*

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

What a superbly crafted story! Sure the central theme has been used before with superficial variations, but your interpretation and execution of both plot and character nailed this as one of the best contributions to the LW hub.

Cheers!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's overdue ...

that Cancel Culture is used to promote justice instead of to pervert it.

Imaginative, and a nice job.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Well, I had something like that in my mind for a sequel to "February sucks" - yes I know a lot of people are well set with sequels to this story. However, this is far better than everything I had in mind for my sequel. Congratulations

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 3 years ago
Eggs, Grandmother sucking

I got a chuckle out of the lawyer feeling he should explain to an accountant about taxes being owed.

At the same time, I enjoyed the story very much.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

That was fun! Nice to see a good guy win.

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 3 years ago

Good one. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fun story

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

That was pretty good. I liked the character development. Excellent insight into human behaviors

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked the well written story, but Dash is just as manipulative as Marlene. Men never have a chance at happy ever after, it will only last until she doesn't get what she wants. Then he's miserable or gone and miserable.

Just saying.

detroitdave

SlamnukeSlamnukealmost 3 years ago

Solid story about the perils of social media in the modern world as they related to dating. The problem many people have is that privacy is non-existent nowadays. No matter how hard you try, you cannot keep things secret anymore. Cheating is both easier than ever to do but harder than ever to keep secret. The wife in this story found out the latter in a hard and brutal manner. She is also going to learn very quickly that the internet never forgets. Once you become a hated viral meme, your life is essentially over. Her punishment will continue for much longer than she could have ever imagined.

Liketall1Liketall1over 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your story.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Nice twist on the revenge aspect. I wish it was that easy.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

eh 4th story now all ur MCs are too dumb to care about and the emotion u do try to put in is waste by the fact that all ur wives are just down right evil. in other words theres no one in ur stories to care about. maybe making ur MCs with a bit more maturity and the wives more human. it feels like all ur MCs live under a rock

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Cute story when I thinks about the need to BTB I will picture Marlene

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

OK, It's a Fantasy

I get that this is a fantasy, but this widely-held idea that litigation means huge amounts of money for a plaintiff with very little hard damages is plain wrong. To get big money you need big hurt; you need real damages with losses medical experts and forensic accountants can document to the hard-eyed insurance adjusters and lawyers who will evaluate the case. This guy? No. No big payoff for him.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story. Well worth 25 stars, lol How about 5 BIG STARS! OK

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

Oh, a story occurring in Sacramento, how funny. I used to ride my bicycle up Folsom Blvd to Fair Oaks Blvd from downtown to my MMA class three afternoons a week. You learn to hate the "O'l Sacatomatoes. Funny story too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hey, ForensicFossil, if somebody locks me out of my house and throws a restraining order at me just out of the blue, for no reason, at least that I know of? Guess what, somebody is going to have “hard damage” with plenty of medical experts involved. Probably some big hospital bills too. Yeah I know it’s fictional, and a very nice story at that. But that scenario in real life could easily lead to a disaster that could keep lawyers busy for years. Great story, C_B. 5*****.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

According to Gertie's last segment Marlene never bothered to divorce her first couple of husbands. How exactly does a woman continue being able to get married without any official paperwork showing she's legally divorced?

Just an inconsistency that kind of jumped out at me as soon as I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wes was very lucky in finding that law firm . My Lawyer basically got her lawyer coffee and tea .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Imaginative! Good job.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Not serious or realistic, but cute in a slightly amusing way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Smart read... social media can be devastating, especially in today's cancel culture... never underestimate its reach and power to falsify, manipulate, and destroy in every direction.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

Very nice! imagination is a good thing and this story is very well done and quite creative!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very Clever!

Mr. Bovary, very, very clever perspective on modern media and the impact of public opinion. I, and other commenters, can grumble about the fantasy of huge cash settlements, over whelming love developing in days, and going immediately viral with near total audience saturation - but Hell! we all opened a FICTION short story for the entertainment value. Thanks!

Keep 'em comin'.

Willowghby

za_robionyza_robionyover 1 year ago

Good story, pls keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars as I Loved it

NicealloverNicealloverover 1 year ago

This is a very entertaining story and a good cheating wife story with lots of fun and interesting twists. I love to read more!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

This is stupid. No let me rephrase that it's unbelievably stupid. No Let me try again this is incredibly stupid..

.

An accountant in the year 2020 does not know anything about social media?

.

Hes never heard of Facebook hes never heard of Twitter he has absolutely no idea what YouTube is?

.

This is unbelievably stupid

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Like the premise or plot. But, so many "errors", like who doesn't know about Facebook, Utube, Twitter, etc. What company settles for 6.5 million in just 2 weeks or so? Backyard Gertie was good and Marlene's whole life crashing down on her.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It made me smile, I needed it today. THANKYOU.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Awful and dislikable characters. Plot totally unrealistic and umbelievable. 1* !

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

2nd reading. Excellent plot, story and writing.

Frank66Frank6610 months ago

Fascinating story and a very enlightening look into this current world's internet. Is it real life? as a current dinosaur I'm in no position to say, but it seemed real. Sure, the settlement was over the top, but this is fiction, where fantasies come to life. A clear 5 from me.

AstordatairAstordatair10 months ago

Amazing story! One of the best on Literotica. 5 stars, without any hasitation!

gadget245gadget2459 months ago

LOL. Should have ended with "Yes, MISTRESS!".

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Entertaining but quite a few holes. Sound slides she wasn't even divorced the first couple of times. And stayed in the same state? And got remarried? With a really good fake ID? Not so easy. And the stuff about the accountant bring clueless about Internet platforms was hilarious. Can understand he doesn't know about soical.media influencing. But still.

schulz777schulz7778 months ago

It was alright

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Kept m interest thru the entire story. Worth a 5 to me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Legal settlements are not taxed.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous