All Comments on 'The Apartments'

by IBme1968

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
nit2gethernit2getherover 1 year ago

That was so sexy! I hope there is another chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The usual lying, boring, repetitive racism and overt bullshit about nonexistent BBC and skanky white women falling for the most pervasive and incorrect urban legend of all time.

LIDiverLIDiverover 1 year ago

Hot, fun story. We thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Racist trash. She just so happened to find the lightest-skinned young man more attractive than the darker-skinned men? The black boxers made him look more brown than black?! That is by far one of the worst and, quite frankly, dumbest descriptions I've ever seen. If you feel the need to say you "know it sounds racist but...," guess what? It's racist. The gigantic BBC rounds out the racist trifecta.

There's no need for any of those exclamation points.

If you doubt you need to tell somebody something, don't follow that remark with an explanation.

A whole paragraph that rattles off a character's description like sports stats is lazy, unimaginative, and wholly unnecessary. If any of those details are necessary or important to the plot, show us, don't tell us.

This is far more constructive criticism than this garbage story deserves. Do better.

IBme1968IBme1968over 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous, it almost seems like you took the time to read this story twice. Both comments from Anonymous seemed a lot alike. If it was you who wrote both of the anonymous comments, I guess you couldn't identify yourself.

I wrote a story about an apartment building. I'm not quite sure what you thought was so racist? I rented the apartment to three young men who happened to be black. Yes, they were athletes. They also seemed very inexperienced and maybe too trusting. So were the two white guys I rented to. They didn't seem unexperienced at all, they were just jocks! The only thought I had about the young black men was as tall as they were, the little apartment was going to be a struggle.

Feel free to email me and explain what I did that was so racists. I truly think some people just make everything about race. By the way I never claimed to be a professional writer, but thanks for the writing tips.

I appreciate people taking the time to write a comment, good or bad. Few do! It's easy to register and get an identity here, try it next time you leave a comment. It might be fun.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIBme1968@IBme1968
I grew up a farm girl. The boy on the neighboring farm was my best friend. That boy and I spent every free minute together. I married that boy. We are in our 60s now and have always loved reminiscing about the sometimes-naughty younger days. We are and always have been a team!