The Apprentice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Either way, we need to take it very seriously now and keep protecting him," Fiona said. "Magnus, I will be taking this shift, and I need you to be rested for the evening shift," Fiona said with a hint of a smile, watching Magnus' posture. She could tell he had had sex.

"As you say, Mistress," Magnus said, and excusing himself to the ladies, went to get some rest.

***

"What a day..." Magnus thought as he stood outside Lord Rastok's chambers.

"The attempt on Lord's life, and then the amazing sex with Sanela... Somehow I doubt I've seen the end of it, on both accounts..." Magnus thought. "This is truly boring work... Am I supposed to stay like this the whole night?"

Magnus sighed, fidgeting in his spot.

"There is no point complaining, I suppose. Mistress took this job, and we should do it responsibly. But damn, I am so bored..."

Lord's personal guards were inside his chambers. Magnus was pretty sure Lady Rastok wasn't inside. It seemed they were sleeping separately. He remembered Lady Rastok mentioning her and the Lord 'not seeing eye to eye'. It was probably a polite way of saying they didn't love each other anymore, if they ever did... Every once in a while a servant wearing a fancy livery would come knocking at the door to bring a drink to the Lord or assist him with something. Those were probably the Lord's personal servants. Magnus watched them pass with disinterest. He also saw a very pretty serving girl, wearing more jewelry and makeup than she should be, enter the Lord's chambers. Now that was quite obvious. He was having fun with his maid while his wife was in the mansion. Magnus wondered if the Lord was equally open-minded about his wife doing the same... Somehow, he seriously doubted it.

"It is never the same for men and women in these things. The social norms always favor men heavily... The more of the nobility I see, the more I understand Fiona... One should stay free and independent from this two-faced society..." Magnus thought with bitterness.

Soon after, another personal servant appeared, carrying a tray with food and wine for the Lord. Magnus barely looked at him, engulfed in his thoughts. The servant went inside, and Magnus just continued with his train of thought, wandering with his eyes, until his gaze came to rest on the floor, noticing some dirt. It felt so out of place, as both lord and Lady kept everything buttoned up.

"The servant must have forgotten to wipe his feet. He will be in such trouble if the Lord notices..." Magnus thought with a smile, realization suddenly coming to his mind...

"Wait, why would a personal servant who operated exclusively inside the mansion have dirty shoes... Oh gods..."

Magnus rushed inside Lord's chambers, holding his breath.

"Lord Rastok, wait! Don't drink that!" Magnus shouted out to the Lord as he saw him take the wine glass from the tray. The servant seemed stunned, but only for a second. He hurled the tray towards Magnus who moved to evade instinctively, and the servant rushed past him, running out of the room, his movements quicker than that of a snake.

"What is the meaning of this!" Magnus heard the Lord shout, but he was already out of the chambers in full pursuit. He wasn't going to let this assassin slip away from him twice. Magnus ran down the corridor, watching the servant-turned-assassin run with grace, avoiding obstacles and trying to keep something between them at all times. But this time, Magnus wasn't going to hesitate. He lashed out with kinetics, connecting with the assassin partially and slamming him into the wall just when he was about to turn a corner. He went for another kinetics thrust, but the assassin recovered very quickly and managed to get around the corner. A few precious seconds had been gained, nevertheless. Magnus turned the corner as well, knowing he should be able to reach the assassin properly this time, but then stopped, gritting his teeth in frustration. The assassin stood just a couple of paces from him, holding Tanya, Lord Rastok's daughter. An exotic-looking dagger was right under her throat as she watched Magnus with fear in her eyes.

"Careful, mage... We don't want this beauty to get a dagger in her neck, do we..." the assassin said with a peculiar accent, slowly backing away.

"I will not let you take her... Let go of her!" Magnus growled.

"So tenacious... But you will let me go unless you want her blood on your hands," the assassin said, moving towards a big window that overlooked the yard. It was a long fall, and Magnus knew the assassin couldn't hope to climb down to the yard while holding the girl in his hands.

"There is nowhere to go. Let her be, and maybe the Lord will be merciful. You haven't killed anyone yet..." Magnus said cautiously. He was several paces away from the assassin, his hands ready for a kinetic thrust. He wasn't going to risk putting Tanya in danger, though. He had to wait and see what the assassin was going to do. The assassin gave him a cruel grin.

"Compliments from Lord Nardis!" he said and shoved the girl through the big window. Magnus reacted instantly, running towards the window, while the assassin used the distraction to run down the corridor again. In a split second, Magnus saw the girl fall down, her scream echoing in his ears and he lashed out instantly with kinetics, slowing, and then completely stopping the fall. He sent a silent thanks to his Mistress and the rigorous practice she used to put him through as he reached out with kinetics once again, this time to pull the bewildered girl back up. Magnus took her into his arms, feeling her body tremble. Her hair was disheveled, her face a mask of fear, but somehow she still looked beautiful under the moonlight that was coming through the window.

"Are you all right?" Magnus said, and then, after getting a distraught nod from Tanya, he set her down and ran after the assassin once again. Running down the corridor, he came straight into a group of guards who were running towards him.

"Have you seen anyone? Is it possible that someone slipped through here?"

"No, Sir Mage..." one of the guards replied. "We were covering the exits, and I can assure you no one has gone through us."

"All right..." Magnus said, pensive.

"If I was an assassin and knew the whole household was on my tail, I would just... hide somewhere... Let the commotion settle down and then slip out..." Magnus thought, looking around himself. The assassin must have entered a room somewhere between the big window and this spot... Magnus went back, watching for any hiding places in the corridors themselves. There weren't any. The only possibility was the two doors he had passed while running after the assassin. But which one?

Magnus opened one of the doors carefully, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the relative dark of the room. The only light was coming through the room window, and it was the silvery light of the moon. Entering the room cautiously, he tried to pierce the shadows, to see any movement in the room. Holding his breath and trying to be alert for the faintest of sounds, he turned to look around. His eyes saw a shape, and he moved forward, cautiously, his hands at the ready. A mage didn't really need to use his hands to cast a spell, but the hand movements made it easier for the mind to focus properly. Magnus fixated on the shape he saw, its human-like form not leaving much space for doubt. It had to be the assassin.

He moved, readying his spell, but then with the corner of his eye, he saw a shadow eclipsing the moonlight to his right. It was so subtle and so brief, but he reacted so quickly, turning and lashing out with a kinetic thrust and pushing the assassin, a split second before his dagger pierced Magnus's neck. The assassin crashed into the wall, and Magnus lashed out once again, maintaining continuous pressure and keeping the assassin pinned against the wall.

"In here!" Magnus shouted. Voices appeared in the corridor, and soon guards were in the room that was now bathed in the magic light Magnus had created. Magnus turned to look at the shape he had been focused on, thinking it was the assassin. It was a suit of armor, put on display. He cursed silently, realizing how close he came to dying. Guards surrounded the assassin, taking the dagger from his hands, but not daring to grab him as he was still obviously being pressed against the wall.

"Who sent you?!" Lord Rastok asked the moment he came into the room. His face was twisted in anger and disgust. "Speak, you filthy scum!" the Lord roared, spittle coming out of his mouth. The assassin moved his mouth as if to spit at the Lord, unable to do so because of the pressure of kinetics on his body. But the gesture was evident, and it was soon followed by a mocking grin.

His eyes almost red with rage, the Lord suddenly pulled a dagger from his vest and stabbed the assassin in the heart, twisting the dagger and watching life leave the assassin's eyes. Feeling sick to his stomach, Magnus released his kinetic hold and saw the assassin's lifeless body collapse to the floor, the blood making a small pool underneath him.

"That is for thinking you can breach the sanctity of my home and go unpunished..." the Lord said, breathing hard, his rage expelled in the violent act he had performed. "Magnus... thank you, once again. Now, tell me everything."

Magnus told him everything that had transpired, fighting not to empty the contents of his stomach.

"Compliments from Lord Nardis, eh?" Lord Rastok said. "...and they used to say I was being paranoid... the fools!"

"We will speak in the morning. I will hold a council, and I expect both you and your Mistress to be there," Lord Rastok said to Magnus, who just nodded curtly. Leaving the room, Magnus ran into Fiona who was hurrying to meet him.

"Magnus, what..."

"I will tell you in our chambers. I just need to get out of here..."

***

Magnus woke up after a rough night. Usually, a rough night meant long hours of worship and sex with his Mistress... but not this time. This time, he was barely able to sleep, thrashing left and right most of the night. Last night's events, and especially the cold-blooded murder of the assassin, had left him shaken. Fiona understood his pain and just held him in her embrace, not saying a word.

After breakfast, they found themselves in the Lord's study. There were Lord and Lady Rastok, two of Lord's most trusted personal guards, Fiona and Magnus, and Captain Henrik, the commander of Lord's small army. The captain looked like a seasoned soldier, his face serious and grim. His presence at this council spoke volumes. It meant Lord Rastok was going to involve his army in some way.

"It is very much clear now that Lord Nardis has taken the gloves off. He wants my lands, and he wants to kill me first to make sure he meets no resistance. I am not going to sit here and wait for that to happen!" Lord Rastok said with a nervous voice.

"My Lord, if I may... Are we sure it was Lord Nardis who sent the assassin?" Captain Henrik asked cautiously.

"Who else could it be?! The son of a bitch always wanted my lands. I have been saying it for years!" Lord Rastok said, annoyed.

"But surely, we must consider other possibilities..." Lady Rastok said.

"Enough! I am tired of explaining myself! Lord Nardis is the enemy. He has always been my enemy. I will take my army, leaving only a small detachment in the town," Lord Rastok said, turning to Captain Henrik. "We will march towards the lands of my ally, Lord Sarane, and once we unite our armies, we will push towards the border of Lord Nardis' lands. Let's see if he has the balls to meet us on the field of battle rather than conspiring and sending assassins!"

"But my Lord husband... That would leave the town practically defenseless. Your people need you here... We need you here. Maybe we can send emissaries-"

"I am tired of this useless prattle!" Lord Rastok said, slamming down his fist, and staring down Lady Rastok who seemed embarrassed by his treatment.

"I will leave our two mages here to protect you against further attempts. They showed already that they are very capable. I will pay them now for their services and I am sure they will keep any other assassins or spies at bay, especially after last night's events," Lord Rastok said, throwing a questioning look at Fiona who just nodded.

"In all honesty," Lord added after calming himself down a bit, "I would love to take you both with my army as I am sure you would be of great help in my campaign, but that was not a part of the contract and I am guessing you wouldn't accept it, even if I offered considerably more coin?" the Lord asked with a questioning look.

"You guessed right, Your Lordship," Fiona said solemnly. "War is not our business, and I hope it never becomes one."

"That is settled then. Captain, we leave tomorrow at dawn. Make sure the army is ready, and choose a small detachment to stay in the town," the Lord said, glancing at the captain.

"Yes, my Lord," Captain Henrik said with a solemn look on his face. He didn't seem too happy with Lord's decision, but he was a soldier first and foremost. He had his orders.

***

Magnus spent the day walking through the town, visiting a couple of inns, and guarding the Lord. His mind still revolved around the scene that had happened before his eyes, the moment when Lord Rastok killed the assassin, and the image of the assassin's lifeless body slumping to the ground. Sure, the assassin almost killed the Lord twice, and Miss Tanya as well, but it was still a ruthless thing to do. A trial should have been held at the very least. Well, the assassin was dead, but it was impossible to say if there were more of them. Either way, his bodyguard duty would end tomorrow morning when the Lord departed with his army.

And so he did. Tomorrow morning they all watched the army leave the town, marching in an orderly fashion. Magnus could feel the unease they all shared with this turn of events. He felt the uncertainty creep into the hearts of the townspeople. They had heard about the attempts, and they knew the army was going to fight somewhere. They all had sons, brothers, and fathers in that army. They also knew that the town was barely defended now. If an attack occurred, most of them would be called to defend it, yet they were only farmers, traders, craftsmen... They were no soldiers. Most of them would be using tools like wood axes, pitchforks, or maybe a rusty sword if they were called into a fight.

"The town is not a happy place... People are worried," Magnus said to Fiona as they walked down the corridor of the mansion.

"It is understandable... I don't like any of this. By the way, Lady Rastok mentioned she would like to talk to you. I assume she wants to personally thank you for your bravery," Fiona said with a smirk. Magnus nodded absentmindedly.

***

"Your Ladyship," Magnus said, inclining his head politely.

"Magnus! I am glad you could come," Lady Rastok said, smiling.

"Eh, yes. Mistress told me you wanted to see me," Magnus said looking around himself. This was his first time in Lady Rastok's private chambers. There was something intimate, something forbidden about being in the chambers of a lady.

"You may go," Lady Rastok said to the young maid who stood near the door. Magnus was sure he caught a hint of a smile on the maid's face as she was leaving the room.

"Magnus..." the Lady started once they were alone. "These are such troubled times... I must thank you again for saving my husband's life, and the life of my daughter. I am in debt to you," she said with a pleasant smile.

"It was my job, Your Ladyship," Magnus said modestly.

"Of course, of course, but still, the bravery and skill you showed... You are clearly a very special young man," she said, her eyes glinting. "Yes... Very special indeed...Your Mistress has told me of your... relationship. I think that she is such a lucky woman," the Lady added with a knowing smile. Magnus's eyebrows shot up.

"Is she referring to the apprenticeship, or..."

"Err, yes... I would do anything to make her happy," Magnus said awkwardly.

"Yes, I've heard that too," the Lady said, chuckling. "Oh, Magnus... My life has been so devoid of joy..." the lady said suddenly, releasing an emotional sigh. "You have seen yourself the way my husband speaks to me... He has changed so much... and I can't even remember the last time we... it has been years..." she said with true sadness in her voice. Magnus felt his heart go out to the Lady. She was still a fine-looking woman, even at her age.

"You know, I can barely remember how it was back then when we still shared some intimacy," the Lady said, coming close. "A woman should not live without love in her life, without passion... Sometimes, I just..." she said, and suddenly tiptoed and kissed Magnus on the lips. Magnus stood frozen, surprised by her actions. It felt so awkward to be kissed by this mature noble Lady, in her private chambers even...

"Oh gods, I am so sorry, Magnus... I don't know what took over me. Please for-"

Magnus leaned in and kissed her lips, with passion this time.

"No woman should ever be without satisfaction and pleasure..." he thought, kissing Lady's lips and feeling her melt under his touch.

"Ah, Magnus... You have no idea how long it has been..."

"I will give my best to help you make up for the time you lost," he said, smiling and making her chuckle. The tension and awkwardness broke and he felt her hand pull him towards her bed. Coming to the bed, they started kissing again, Magnus taking off his shirt and feeling her lusty eyes on his chest. She admired his young, muscular body and started undressing herself with some hesitation. Magnus felt her apprehension and insecurity. She was a mature woman if still a good-looking one, and she must have felt insecure to show her body to a young man who probably slept with girls who had young and tight bodies. She finished undressing, and Magnus took her hands.

"Your Ladyship... you are so beautiful," he said, smiling and sporting an instant erection. Those two acts were enough to give her some courage and she smiled back and moved to kiss him. Never breaking the kiss, Magnus pushed her gently on the bed, deciding to give her some Magnus love and to show her how he felt about her body.

There was sagginess and wrinkled skin on some spots, but by the gods, she was still attractive and Magnus dived in without hesitation. He felt he needed to be gentle and more respectful with a noble lady like her, so he just started kissing her whole body, all the way from her neck to her feet, showering her with kisses and gentle bites. Lady Rastok's eyes closed on their own and the only thing betraying her pleasure were silent moans and a blissful look on her face. Magnus kissed his way up her legs, showering her thighs with tiny bites, and finally opening her legs. Her pussy was trimmed everywhere, so he had easy access to the meaty pussy lips that glistened with wetness. He went in without hesitation, licking her pussy with vigor.

"Ahhh... what are you doing to me... Oh Gods!" she moaned, opening her eyes to watch Magnus perform this act of absolute intimacy. Here he was, a truly good-looking young man who could get any girl he wanted, yet he was in her room on his knees, licking her mature pussy... She felt incredible arousal, satisfaction, gratitude, and a feeling of power as he nursed on her pussy, exploring it with his tongue and making her climb towards the first orgasm in many years that wasn't coming from her own fingers. She felt him attack her clit with his lips and tongue as her body started trembling in anticipation of a soul-shattering orgasm.