The Apprentice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lady Fiona! I wasn't expecting you. Please, come in," Sanela said, motioning to Fiona.

"Just Fiona, please. There is no need for formalities between us," Fiona said, entering the house.

"Of course," Sanela replied, smiling. Fiona watched her move in front of her. Sanela was wearing a somewhat tight dress that showed her amazing curves. Fiona bit her lip.

"No wonder Magnus was feeling so enthusiastic..." Fiona thought, feeling a pang of... something, suddenly. The feeling was unusual but she brushed it off.

"Can I offer you some tea?"

"Sure. Anyway, I wanted to check out your ingredients some more. Today will probably be uneventful..."

"I know what you mean... I want you to know that we are all very grateful for what you are doing for us," Sanela said, taking Fiona's hand and squeezing it. She smiled at Fiona, caressing her hand.

"Is she flirting with me? Well..." Fiona thought, returning the smile and checking Sanela out, glancing at her breasts. Sanela blushed a bit, but she never removed her eyes from Fiona's face.

"This town has grown on me, I must admit. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything bad happened to it. These are good people."

"And they like you back, Fiona... very much so," Sanela said, moving forward and kissing Fiona's hand. Fiona reached out and pulled Sanela's face to her. She gazed into her eyes and then kissed her luscious lips, unable to help herself. Sanela returned the kiss, pushing her tongue in and clashing with Fiona's tongue. Soon they were both moaning, fighting to catch their breaths as their passionate kiss extended into minutes.

"Come," Sanela said, taking Fiona's hand and guiding her to the bed. They sat on the bed, kissing, and caressing each other's breasts. Sanela started kissing down Fiona's neck, trying to get to her creamy breasts. Fiona had smaller but firmer breasts, and Sanela wanted to taste them right away. Fiona kept squeezing Sanela's breasts under her shirt, feeling the impressive mass of them.

"Magnus must have spent an hour on these sweet things... She must have rubbed them in his face, guided her nipples to his mouth, thinking she had me beat there... Well, it's time to take charge..." Fiona thought, a pang of anger entering her mind. She couldn't tell why she was suddenly feeling some aggression towards Sanela even if she felt so attracted to her...

"Wait," Fiona said, putting her hand on Sanela's face and caressing her. "Strip for me. I want to see your delicious body."

Sanela got to her feet and started slowly getting out of her clothes, putting up a show. She swayed her body seductively, smiling at Fiona and removing her clothes piece by piece.

"She really is quite the sight... She is also a nice person...so why do I feel the need to be bitchy towards her..." Fiona thought, enjoying the wonderful sight before her. She could feel her pussy tingling already.

"You are truly gorgeous."

"Thank you," Sanela said, giving her a seductive smile.

"Now help me out of my own clothes."

Sanela moved closer, swaying her naked body. She took off Fiona's blouse, kissing her neck in the process. Fiona felt pleasant tingling on the skin of her neck. Sanela kissed and licked Fiona's naked breasts, twirling her tongue around the nipple. Fiona closed her eyes and moaned.

"Damn, she is good..." Fiona thought, reclining on the bed. She extended her foot and pointed at her boot. Sanela knelt at her feet and pulled her boots off, then removed Fiona's pants and undergarments. She was kneeling in front of Fiona, marveling at her silky, pale skin, so much in contrast to her own chocolate-colored skin. Fiona spread her legs invitingly and Sanela shuffled forward, her large breasts swaying mesmerizingly.

"Ahhh!" Fiona moaned when she felt Sanela's tongue touch her labia. She pulled Sanela's head in, prompting her to lick her pussy with long strokes of her tongue. Sanela attacked the delicious pussy in front of her, probing with her long tongue deep inside and taking Fiona's juices. She switched to the clit only briefly and then continued her deep probing until she felt Fiona's thighs clench around her head and Fiona's hand pull at her long dark hair.

"Ahhh, damn... She is almost as good as Magnus..." Fiona thought, feeling Sanela's tongue switch to her clit finally, accelerating her climb to the peak.

"Yeeeess, lick me, lick me!" Fiona ordered, relishing the pleasure, but also Sanela's swift compliance with her commands. She spasmed on Sanela's tongue, gushing fluids all over her face. Her body kept twitching, her thighs squeezing Sanela's face hard. When her body finally started relaxing, she took a couple of deep breaths and then breathed out with great satisfaction. Sanela was still licking her juices and Fiona smiled at her and pulled her face up.

"That was amazing. Magnus has reached some really incredible levels with his tongue, but you are definitely not far from him," Fiona said, kissing the lips that still held her juices. "Now come lie on the bed. I want to see how good you are in this position," Fiona said, pulling Sanela on the bed and straddling Sanela's face with her ass so she was facing Sanela's feet.

"No, no... My pussy is too sensitive right now... I want to feel your tongue on my ass."

Sanela moved her tongue obediently and started flicking it on Fiona's rosebud.

"Ahh! ...yes, right there... You are such a good girl...." Fiona moaned, reaching out to play with Sanela's nipples. She was so fascinated with her large dark nipples, regretting she couldn't bend enough to suck on them.

"Never mind, there will be plenty of time to enjoy those babies... It is time for my slow ride."

She started working her hips slowly, enjoying the prolonged worship. After a while, she reached out with her hand and started rubbing Sanela's pussy, who responded promptly by arching her hips upwards, seeking more contact with Fiona's hand. This dance of bodies continued for some time, with nothing but moans and the sound of working lips to disturb the silence. Fiona loved the slow buildup that came from the tongue on her ass but at the same time, she enjoyed the teasing she was giving to Sanela. Every time Sanela would get close, Fiona would just remove her hand, and slap away Sanela's hand that would automatically try to push herself over the edge. Finally, Fiona moved her body back, placing her pussy on Sanela's mouth and starting to grind on her lips, while continuing the sweet torment of denial on Sanela's pussy. Her hips started working hard, pressing down and rubbing her pussy in Sanela's face.

"Give me your tongue... push it deep inside... Ahh!" Fiona moaned, the assaulting tongue finally precipitating her orgasm. Fiona bucked on those succulent lips and gushed her fluids, drowning Sanela in her juices. At the same time, Fiona rubbed Sanela's pussy with vigor, feeling Sanela's moans and arousal and pushing her to the top and... and then she removed her hand again, only a few seconds before the sweet release. Sanela almost screamed in frustration, her body arching, twisting, seeking any contact, but Fiona was unrelenting. After a while they both settled down, Fiona enjoying the post-orgasmic bliss, Sanela frustrated and aroused. Fiona got up to stand on the bed and looked down at Sanela. Her lovely face was smeared in Fiona's juices, her meaty lips slightly swollen, making them even more attractive.

"It is impossible to look at her and not feel aroused..." Fiona thought, caressing Sanela's meaty thighs with her foot. Sanela found the strength to smile despite her frustration, but when she moved to sit up on the bed she felt Fiona's foot on her chest.

"Where exactly do you think you are going," Fiona said in her best seductive tone. "We have just started..." she added, pushing her down with her foot and lowering herself on Sanela's chest. She gyrated her hips, smearing her pussy juices all over Sanela's amazing tits.

"Oh, I am gonna spend an hour at least sucking those babies... But for now, I want to make her satisfy me once again without giving her any release. I want to keep her horny and frustrated... Gods, I am so bad," Fiona thought, smiling wickedly at Sanela, and scooting forward until her pussy was on Sanela's lips.

"I hope you freed your whole morning..." Fiona said, sitting down.

***

Magnus woke up late. He looked around himself, thinking he had a most peculiar dream, filled with both horrible and amazing things... Slowly, the memory of last night's amazing lovemaking came to his mind, but those wonderful thoughts were soon eclipsed by the burden heavier than the mountain. The carnage he had done yesterday, the dozens of lives he had taken... His mind reeled from the thought, and Magnus held his head in his hands, unmoving.

"How do you move on from something like this? I know I was fighting for the town, for the lives of the townspeople, for all the women who won't get raped now... but still... This feeling is unbearable," Magnus thought, getting up and splashing himself with cold water. He went out into the town, trying to find the anchor for his peace, trying to remind himself who he had killed for... He walked around the town aimlessly, feeling restless and watching the people go about their work. They were waving at him, but he could see the fear on their faces.

"Are they afraid of me, or are they afraid of the army outside... I can't tell anymore," Magnus thought, sensing a hole in himself. Fiona told him he would find ways to cope with this in time... but he wasn't sure. How could taking anyone's life ever be all right, under any circumstances?

"The thing that gives me dread is that I will have to kill again... and soon probably... Oh, gods..."

He couldn't say how long he walked aimlessly until the sound of the town bell woke him from his stupor.

"Already?" Magnus thought with dread as he hurried towards the town gate. He looked at the sky. It was early afternoon already. He had been walking for hours.

He arrived there almost at the same time as Fiona. They found Lady Rastok and Captain Henrik engaged in a discussion. The Lady was now spending most of her day at the gate, walking among the soldiers, talking to them, thanking them for their devotion.

"I have to admit, she has guts. She really intends to be here even during battles... We better make sure the gate never falls..."

"What is going on?" Fiona asked.

Magnus noticed her makeup and clothes weren't immaculate as always. It almost looked as if...

"She was busy this morning it seems," Magnus thought, smiling for the first time since he had woken up.

"They are here... all of them," Captain said, pointing over the wall, and when they climbed on top of the gate they saw the full reality of their situation. They were outnumbered by at least ten to one. Magnus saw the distinct uniforms of Lord Sarane's army and the uniforms of the mercenary army. The former was considerably smaller. There was no way the Lord would be able to control so many mercenaries. They would run rampant through the town if they ever broke through, and they would bring death and misery. He recognized the truth in Fiona's words from a couple of days ago. Magnus took a deep breath, feeling a little better. The reality of their dreadful situation gave him some justification, some respite from his troubled conscience.

"Kill or be killed... so much for being civilized..."

A soldier pointed suddenly, drawing their attention. There was some movement in the enemy camp and they soon saw an enemy soldier carrying a white flag.

"I have a message for Lady Rastok! ...or whoever else is in command!" the soldier shouted, coming close to the gate.

"Speak," Lady Rastok said, seeming very calm suddenly.

"My Lord Sarane would like to offer you a peaceful way out of this. If you surrender the town, your lives will be spared and you will be able to leave unimpeded. My Lord gives his word of honor," the soldier said.

"His word of honor? Yes... his word holds such great value," Lady Rastok said disdainfully. "I reject his offer and I wish to send him my counteroffer. Tell him that if he surrenders now I will not have him executed on the spot. He will be the subject of the regent's justice. But only if he surrenders unconditionally."

The soldier looked at her, incredulous.

"I will pass on the message," he finally said, turning his horse. Magnus couldn't help grinning at Lady Rastok.

"Well said, Your Ladyship," Captain Henrik said.

"I assume you have some kind of plan, captain?"

"Yes... It is so desperate it might just work. And again, it relies heavily on our two mages..."

"Tell us, captain," Fiona said with calm determination.

"All right. The hill covers one side of the town. That leaves three sides open for a possible attack. I don't have nearly enough soldiers to cover all that space and we are also heavily outnumbered. That means I can't trade soldier for soldier, or even soldier for five soldiers. Numbers aren't working in our favor. So, I will place my soldiers only to defend some critical positions. I will place archers on top of the town gate and on top of towers, and I will use swordsmen with big shields to defend their positions. Swordsmen will always stay to defend those key points, they will never move into the attack. My only attacking force will be archers. I will use some newly recruited militia to relay messages and to help my swordsmen strengthen the key defense points. Hopefully, they won't need to really fight. They are no match for a trained soldier in any way. Aside from those several key defense points, some long stretches of the wall will be unguarded practically, except by the archer volleys. That is where you come in," the captain said, looking at Fiona and Magnus. They both nodded, beginning to understand his idea.

"I will need you both mounted on horses and placed apart, so you can move with speed whenever and wherever my messengers report the push is happening. It will be your task to push them back if they attack some undefended stretch of wall. If my archers do their job properly, it is unlikely they will be able to come over in huge groups, so it should leave you enough space to deal with them group by group as they try to come over the wall. A small group of my best soldiers will be mounted and heavily equipped as a mobile force whose task will be to eliminate any enemy group that manages to enter inside in spite of archer fire and your own magic... The plan rests on the idea that archer volleys will prevent them from sallying over the wall in large groups. That is why at least half of my soldiers will be on archer duty. The other critical point of the plan is your ability to deal with smaller groups efficiently and swiftly."

"I think your plan is the best we can manage under the circumstances," Fiona said, after considering the captain's words.

"I can't claim to have any experience in battle, but it sounds reasonable to me..." Magnus said.

"Your Ladyship... What can I do to persuade you to remain in the mansion?" the captain asked cautiously.

"Absolutely nothing, captain. I won't be in your way, but I am staying here. If they manage to conquer the town, then I should be the first one to suffer. Also, I feel my presence here gives some motivation to my soldiers."

The captain sighed and nodded. She was right about the motivation part. He heard soldiers call her 'The Steel Lady' among themselves. Her continuous presence here in the face of danger had made them respect her.

"That is settled then. I doubt they will attack before tomorrow, but it pays to be cautious. I've ordered the soldiers to sleep clothed and to be ready at a moment's notice," the captain said, motioning to Fiona and Magnus.

"Let me show you the spots I want you to take initially. I will tell the servants in the mansion to keep two of the best horses ready for you at all times."

"Magnus, I will sleep in Sanela's house tonight. I want to be closer to the action..."

Magnus nodded. There was something about the way she said it, though... He climbed the stairs to the top of the town gate. He watched the enemy camp, pacing across the battlements. There was barely any motion in the camp. One would think they came to the town for a picnic.

"I must be ready for anything... The defense rests in our hands mostly. I must put aside my moral doubts and deal with them only after it is all done," Magnus thought with resignation.

He paced the town gate for a while and he finally decided to go back and sleep while he still could. Once the fighting started, he might regret not taking every opportunity to get some rest. So when the evening came, Magnus was already in bed, trying to keep his eyes closed. But sleep refused to come. He tried all the tricks he knew but without much success. Finally, he managed to doze off for just a second...

Magnus bolted up suddenly. He looked outside, and it was pitch black. If he had to guess, he would say that dawn was still a couple of hours away. Then he heard it again... the unmistakable sound of the town bell. His gut filled with dread, he rushed to get dressed and ran outside.

"Could they be attacking during the night...?" Magnus thought, climbing into the saddle and spurring his horse into a full gallop towards the town gate.

"Captain! What is going on?" Magnus shouted, seeing Captain Henrik issuing orders and sending messengers.

"They are attacking! It seems to be an attack from multiple sides. They must have used the night to place their units all around the town, hoping to overwhelm us by attacking from three sides. My archers have good eyes though, so we spotted them early enough."

"All right, where do you need me?"

"I sent Lady Fiona to the eastern part of the wall. The northern part is covered by the hill, so that leaves the western side of the wall for you... but be ready to relocate in case the south part along with the town gate gets attacked in force," the captain said and went to climb on top of the town gate.

Magnus turned his horse and then noticed another rider coming from the mansion. It was Lady Rastok. There was no persuading her to stay in the relative safety of the mansion, it seemed.

Magnus waved to her and spurred the horse, following the wall. It was pitch black and only the strong points held by defenders were somewhat illuminated. Combining fire and air magic, he summoned a small light and dragged it along the wall as he rode. He hoped he would be able to spot anyone trying to come over the wall. He passed one of the towers and saw archers release volleys of arrows far into the night. There was no way they could be accurate in the dark. But at least they kept the invaders away from those parts of the wall. Still, there were long stretches of the wall unsupported by the archers, with only a couple of townspeople observing them for signs of intrusion.

"Have you seen anyone?" Magnus shouted to the man on the horse.

"Nothing here so far, Sir Mage!"

Magnus continued his ride, hoping they weren't throwing all their forces on the eastern part where Fiona was.

"Damn it... I hope she is all right..." Magnus thought, and then some movement and sounds on top of the wall interrupted his thoughts. The faint sound of ladders being set against the wall was unmistakable. He had to admit they were doing it in relative silence. This obviously wasn't their first time doing it. Magnus dismounted. He felt the sweat on the palms of his hands. He was about to do it again... but he had already made the decision.

"Act now, think later... It is not how life should work... but I guess no one asked me for an opinion," Magnus thought, noticing several warriors coming over the wall. He held his breath and waited. The next group came over and landed on the wooden walkway, the boards creaking under their weight. Magnus called upon the energies around himself, feeling them surge from the ground and objects around him and he released a powerful set of lightning bolts that arched towards the warriors.