The Arete - Princess-Consort Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"5th company of the 3rd regiment," she answered proudly, "Sanguine and I are doing really well."

"I'm glad to hear it. Are you taking lands from your company officer?"

"I'd rather return with live with you, if I may?"

"Of course, you may. But with me or with Imogen?" I teased my young corporal.

"Both, ma'am," she blushed, "Now that I'm a full cataphract, we can be married and she can come with me in the spring campaign."

I frowned. "Married sure. But I don't think you should bring her into the field with us."

"Not as a campfollower! She'll be my wife. But she can sew and wash and such out here as easily as she can at the palace."

"As your officer, I'd advise you that a wife is a distraction in camp that will not help your career. But, as your friend," I laid my hand on Kemptrux's swordarm, "I'd further ask you to look at the seamstresses and washerwomen Imogen's age and really see how many look to be her age. This is a hard place we've chosen and I don't doubt Imogen would follow you, but would that be best for her? When the other option is the safety and comfort of palace life with her sister?"

Kemptrux hung her head, but agreed mercifully easily. "I'm still marrying her as soon as we get back though."

"And many happy returns to you both, Kemptrux," I shook her hand and took my leave.

Wandering amongst the cataphracts, nostalgia gave way to melancholia as I surveyed my former life. But I needed to go see my old First Sergeant, since I could.

"Captain Taiglox the Hordesdoom," she greeted me in the most friendly manner she had to give, "come to visit us mere mortals."

"How's the company?" I accepted a beer and took a swig.

"The women are fine, but the leadership," she shook her head, "Your letter was useful, but the damned lieutenant I found to replace you got thrown and broke her damned neck not a week in. Honest freak accident, I swear."

"And the newest one?"

"Off whoring," she spat, "It won't be by my hand, I'll swear to that too, but I won't be surprised when it happens. Too many floggings. Forced retirements. Not enough loot. Too chincy with land. Claims honors for herself. Naked ambition for regimental officer. Won't end well."

I shook my head. "Better luck with the next," I toasted.

We chatted awhile about old times and I left my friend, feeling worse. Through the muck and mud of camp I wandered, heading vaguely toward my own tent, but also feeling the lack of morale permeating the air. It didn't feel like a victorious army. Perhaps because there was no victory?

"You're the Hordesdoom," a campfollower approached me with a couple colleagues as I walked by, lost in my own head, "the three of us can go with you...?"

"I'm a married woman," I declined politely. My being so propositioned had been happening more frequently of late since I'd gained temporary renown, but my marriage gave me an entirely valid excuse for which I was grateful when so approached.

"To a princess," another of the three smiled widely, "miles and miles away behind those high stone walls. We can teach you a few things she'd like when you get back to her."

I shook my head. "I'm afraid she likes me for my faithfulness above my paltry skills in the bedroom." I don't actually know if that's true, but I can imagine the pained look on my dear wife's face if I were to be untrue to her. I'd never hurt her like that.

"A shame," the third complained as she ran her fingers over my armored tricep, but I was already walking away.

Similar episodes happened on my way to my tent - and had been happening since I'd gotten back to camp - but I shrugged them off as well. Instead, I wrote a long letter to Caeli and posted it. I brushed down and rode Savaran. Then I read quietly in my cot for the better part of the day.

The next morning, I reported to Heoldax again, who started chuckling on my entrance. Ser Gharntex showed no expression.

"Have I missed something, Your Highness?"

"Apparently you haven't missed it enough," I swear the stony Crown Princess nearly giggled at her own joke, but I didn't get it. "You know you've had another title bestowed upon you?"

"'Hordesdoom?' Yes. I'm sure it will wane soon." She'd called me that herself though?

"No, no, not that. But a play on it. You're being called 'Ser Taiglox the Whoresdoom.'"

"hWhat, Your Highness?"

"You being the hero of the moment, I guess a few ladies have offered? And you have universally declined those rather generous offers? More than a few ladies actually. Likely dozens or more? So now there's an informal but very real contest to see who can seduce you."

Vostiv broke into giggles behind me.

I shot a reproving look at my squire, not for laughing at me specifically, but for losing her bearing.

"There are wagers, ser," one of the pages spoke up, "and drunken fights about whom might ... succeed and how they might prove their ... success."

"Well that seems like a particularly good use of everyone's time," I scoffed.

"I imagine I needn't worry, but do continue to abstain," Heoldax warned and dry laughed, "Especially now that it's become an encampment-wide challenge."

"I'll fight the urge to host campfollower orgies in my tent."

"Okay, I'll stop joshing you. I don't honestly question your loyalty to my little sister," Heoldax conceded, "On actual business, those tribes that want to become citizens have been sent with welcoming houses and the others are dispersing in the next two days. Our own citizens are repopulating their towns and villages on the other side of the mountains and we're garrisoning a few thousand soldiers among them under Colonel Pacix in preparation and fortification for the spring campaign. We'll break for the palace tomorrow."

Heoldax, her hetaireia, and those of us who resided in the palace rode off separately to comprise the official party the next morning, about 150 strong. The rest of the soldiers disbanded to their native regions.

The day of our arrival, stewards met us a ways outside the gate to take our horses, armor, and weapons, which we exchanged for fine tunics, cloaks, and jewelry from our own wardrobes. At that point, I released Kemptrux so she could go see Imogen, but Vostiv was stuck by my side in the grand procession of dozens of nobles as we marched up the city streets to cheering crowds and in through the thick high castle walls.

Guardswomen and stewards stood at attention as we strode through the training yards and the palace halls to the throneroom.

The Queen sat on the throne and Lucax stood armed and armored behind her with three other hetaireias. High nobles were arrayed throughout the throneroom, but I only recognized Jelvix and Yonjax by sight initially. Then I saw Poumi and my dear Caeli in the balcony.

Heoldax knelt before the throne, so we all followed suit.

"Arise all," We all stood at attention, "General Heoldax, report."

The Crown Princess began a detailed account. She was maybe two sentences in when I saw Caeli running toward us out of the corner of my eye.

One of the guardswomen made a halfhearted attempt to verbally dissuade her, but of course wouldn't lay hands on a princess. I caught a grin from Yonjax that was zero help.

"Tai!" she shouted as she threw her arms around me, "You're back!"

I didn't hug her back or speak, but I couldn't help rubbing my face to the top of her dear head and smelling her hair. My fingernails dug into my palms as I kept my arms firmly at my sides.

"Ser Taiglox," the Queen interrupted Heoldax to address the interruption Caeli caused, "take your wife to your apartments and instruct her on proper court behavior. Also, resume your honeymoon. General Heoldax, continue."

Embarrassed, I bowed and led Caeli out by the hand, swiftly taking her up the short passageways to our rooms and safely inside.

She hugged me tightly around the neck again immediately. This time I hugged her back unabashedly, but I kept my tone stern.

"Caeli, you really shouldn't disturb reports to the Queen like that. There's a proper decorum."

"I know the rules, silly bear," she reproved, "I grew up here. But I've missed you so much! I couldn't just sit waiting through Heo's long boring report, as important as it is," she tossed her head rebelliously and leveraged my shoulders with her little hands to pop up onto her tippity toes to place a quick peck on my lips before hugging me again. "Besides, my mother's not really mad. She was just giving me an excuse for you to leave early."

I shook my head. My sweet princess could really do no wrong within the palace walls.

"Please? C'mon?" Caeli took my hand that time and tried to drag me to our bedroom. Not actually something she could physically do, but I am her bear after all. I followed her very willingly.

"Yes, Caeli." I agreed with my eager princess.

I'd missed her too. Deeply. But I'd pictured our reunion going more slowly. Drinking in one anothers' nakedness as we undressed each other one article at a time. Tender lovemaking gradually bringing her to climax in my arms.

"Help me take my gown off? Please?" she urgently asked me instead. Apparently she'd sent her handmaidens away in anticipation of my arrival.

"Of course, my love." Trying to untie the tight corseted ribbons on the back of a gown is a tricky task however, and her literally bouncing on the balls of her dainty feet made things no easier.

Still, I got her dress off and her underthings as well in short order. Her pretty dark hair was still painstakingly coiffed and her expensive jewelry was still on, but she was otherwise naked as a jaybird.

She pulled herself back onto her tippity toes to kiss me. "I'm sorry. I love you, too. I just can't wait anymore."

"Nor shall you, Caeli." I lifted her onto the bed and laid atop her, still kissing her passionately.

My hands tried to caress her hips and sides, but she found my right hand with both of hers and brought the instrument of her pleasure to her sex.

She had already wet her thighs with her hot moisture. So much was her need that her lovely pussy fairly wept for my absent touch. I'd not disappoint her.

My questing lips went to her graceful neck, kissing, licking, and nipping, but certainly not bruising or breaking her delicate skin. My left hand slipped between her satiny back and the satiny sheet to rub and tickle her back.

Two fingers of my right hand passed her dew covered slit and into her greater heat. Her walls tightened on the two digits, squeezing my knuckles so that any movement was difficult.

Despite her unintentioned and uncontrolled clenching, I managed to rotate and insert deeper, feeling along the inside of her pretty pussy until I found her most sensitive spot.

"Ooohhh, Tai!" Her whole body twitched beneath me as I sent ripples of pleasure through her trembling form, "There, there!"

"I know, dear Caeli, I know," I concurred simply as I touched that place inside her over and over, thrusting my strong fingers into her as she writhed in utter joy beneath me.

Her words became mostly incoherent, "Tai" and "yes" being the most easily understood.

I breathed in her scent. Exertion combined with zanabaq and arousal. I adore her.

Caeli's inner walls squeezed convulsively on my long fingers as her long awaited orgasm raced through her deprived body, finishing with an open-throated scream.

Okay, yes, the scream startled me a bit, but I think she just really needed that release.

After, Caeli's whole self relaxed. Her breathing calmed and she mewled quietly as I continued placing tender caresses and sweet kisses on her hot skin.

Her only objection was when I started to lift myself off her to roll away, "Nuh," she moaned disapprovingly, "Stay on me."

I bit lightly on the shell of her ear and whispered, "Happy to, Caeli."

Still fully clothed, I settled myself over her so that my weight was distributed evenly and wouldn't hurt her. I understood what she wanted, to feel the pressure of my frame over hers, to feel safe and covered and warm.

So I stayed on her, snuggling and whispering loving sentiments to her cute ear.

"Tai, I missed you," she eventually confessed again, quietly.

"I missed you too," I reassured her.

"I know," she kissed my jaw delicately, "I got your letters. Yonjax read them all first to be sure they wouldn't upset me, but she said she gave them all to me."

"Good," I rubbed the side of my face to hers, "Did you understand all of them?" I was proud that her reading had continued to improve even in my absence.

"Mostly, but," she admitted, "I asked Lucax to explain a few terms to me. You're not mad that other people saw them?"

"Not at all," I suppose I should be grateful that Yonjax ensured my wife wouldn't be disturbed by anything she read, since it'd be all the more painful for her to learn when she couldn't help me from so far away. And grateful that Lucax was there to explain anything that wasn't clear or was outside Caeli's scope of experience. "I prefer intimate letters to my wife to be read as widely as possible," I joked.

"You are mad?" she worried aloud to me.

"No," I answered reflexively and yet also honestly. I couldn't be mad at Caeli - even if for some reason I ever wanted to - and it was hardly her choice. "I'm not ashamed of anything I wrote you, darling. I love you. I don't care who reads it."

She hugged me. "Good. Did you really get mistaken for a deserter?"

"I did. It probably didn't help that my horse was geriatric and half-wild or that my hair was braided like a barbarian's and I hadn't washed in weeks through drought-ridden plains."

"Who braided your hair?" Trust to Caeli to key in on hairstyles of all things. My wife's jealousy was adorable, but her question made me think of Rhetroa who'd almost certainly died by blade, fire, or trampling within hours of braiding my hair, which made me sad for a moment.

"A barbarian horsewoman braided it to help me sneak past enemy sentries." I left out Rhetroa's subsequent demise as I'd no desire to sadden my wife as well.

"Oh," Caeli considered, "That's okay then. It's not a regular thing?"

"Besides you, dear Caeli, no woman has expressed any interest in styling my hair for pleasure."

"Good," she paused, "No other woman has...? I mean, I'd understand. You were at war, so..."

"My darling, since the day I first laid eyes on you, no other woman has held any physical appeal for me a'tall," I kissed her cheek, "And you have every right to insist upon fidelity from me."

She hugged me again and was silent for a few moments.

"I haven't either. Been unfaithful, I mean," she spoke up in a rushed manner, "Not that I wanted to. Or that anyone offered."

"I am glad, my love," I pet her pretty hair, loosing it dotingly, "And I would challenge anyone who did 'offer' you such a thing."

"Because you love me?" she crowed cutely.

"Because I love you," I confirmed, knowing that how she wanted to hear that I cared enough for her to fight for her. Which was an easy thing to tell her, since I did and I do.

"Can I do your hair?" she wheedled.

I groaned, "Because I love you."

"Can you be naked first?"

"Yes," I answered immediately and hopped up, "because I really like being naked for you."

Caeli giggled as I unclasped my ridiculous cloak and threw it off into the corner. It was followed quickly by my only nice necklace and bracelet set, my tunic, my leggings, and my fur slippers.

Buck naked, I jumped back into the bed with her, hoping she'd forget she wanted to style my hair.

"Ahem," she subtly reprimanded me as she sat up on the edge of the bed, "We were going to..."

I guess I'm not that sexy.

"Okay." I honor my commitments, no matter how silly.

So, I knelt before her, but facing her. I kissed her pretty feet, her ankles, and the insides of her knees. Her legs opened unconsciously. I kissed the inside of her left thigh, moving up inexorably.

Caeli moaned. "You're diverting me," she stroked my long chestnut hair, "I will not be - ah - sidetracked."

"Are you sure?" I looked up at her cockily and licked long and wet, from the inside of her right knee right up to the top of her upper thigh, tantalizing myself with her pure taste.

"Yes," Caeli moaned again, "I will - oooh," Another long lick, "I will not be so easily dissuaded."

"Alright," I planted a final kiss on the inside of my determined little wife's perfect knee, then faced away from her, still kneeling. "As you will, my love."

For what felt like hours, but was likely only a half hour or so, I held still while the most beautiful woman in the world parted, poofed, flipped, plaited, braided, teased, and poshed my hair in a variety of ways before she eventually satisfied herself with her results. It may have been a full hour.

"Done!" Caeli announced, "Do you want to see it?"

"I'm good," I really didn't care in the most fundamental way, but then I looked up at her.

She was pouting.

I sighed and stood, "Let's go see your masterpiece, huh?"

We walked to the full length mirror, but I still had to stoop a bit to see my piled hair.

"It looks wonderful," I complimented offhandedly. It was symmetrical and complex, and I'm sure represented well the latest fashion in court. Or would at least. Caeli's probably the primary trendsetter for palatial styles.

She leaned in to get a better look at her work in the mirror, so I pulled her into a warm hug from behind, looking at her instead.

"You are exquisite," I complimented with more commitment and inhaled from the crown of her head, "I want to bring you back to bed?"

"Please."

She giggled again as I picked her up and lifted her back to our bed.

Deliberately, I lavished her body with devotion, kissing and touching every inch of her. I re-etched her into my mind wholly, getting the warm homecoming I wanted.

Only after that, after I'd already loved on every part of her, did I return to between her thighs. I found her again to be wet and willing.

I lapped along her inner thighs, her puffy lips, and her slick slit, my nose tickled by her fluffy bush. Easing my tongue into her, I tasted her from her source. So fresh. So intoxicating. Her honeypot is delicious.

Pulling up, I blew on her hot sex to make her shiver, then I dove immediately back into her font.

My tongue teased and twirled, in and out of her center, between her lips, over her hood. Never stopping or building a pattern. Keeping her agitated without giving her more.

"Tai?" she questioned.

She lay with her upper body bolstered by pillows, so she had a clear line of sight to me and my grinning face when I popped my head up.

"Tai!" I could see her cute face too as she huffed at me.

"No," I answered the demand she so inelegantly made.

My wife is my world and I think the world of her, but she is also quite literally a spoiled princess. She'd been denied a small number of specific things throughout her life of course - the last big one being her request to keep me at the palace with her - but always for the greater good. More generally, any innocuous pleasure she desired was always afforded to her as soon as she voiced the desire.

Although my withholding her immediate gratification annoyed her to no end, my not bending to her will also turned her on immensely. Hearing "no" was novel and exciting.

So I kept toying with her. Using fingers and tongue to keep her keyed up while she muttered and moaned, I got to keep tasting her.

Her right hand went to the back of my head, pressing down. Or trying to. My neck muscles are far and away stronger than Caeli's forearm and wrist muscles. I shook my head a touch, still licking as my head shook.

She pulled my hair a little too, made both easier and harder by the braids and plaits still binding my chestnut locks. Again though, I stoically shook my head and kept good-naturedly needling my wife by providing more and more stimulation with no satisfaction. If anything, I enjoyed the slight pain of her insistent pulling on my hair.