The Argive Ch. 136-141

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm really going to miss them," said Astara once they were gone. "I've gotten used to having them around."

"Me too," added Lysandra. "But it sounds like we'll be seeing them sooner rather than later."

Praxis put his arms around the waists of both women. "Don't worry. Our friends will never be far away."

With those words, the group returned to the palace, where Praxis had to contend with a new reality in the coming weeks.

Intense fame.

Word had spread about his fighting formation, and at this time it was spreading throughout the rest of Greece. Three weeks after Agemon had gone home, Astara brought news of visitors at the palace.

"It's the new tyrant of Athens," she announced, shock still registered on her face. "He wants to see you personally, Praxis."

"What for?" he replied. "I don't know anyone in Athens."

"What else for?" said Astara. "He's just like all the others that have shown up. They want to be taught the spear phalanx."

"I suppose he'll get the same answer as the others," said Praxis. "No."

That wasn't any surprise to the women. For now, the spear phalanx formation was a secret that existed within Argos and her allies. With it now being the preeminent fighting formation, Praxis was determined to keep it from being taught to anyone who might disturb the peace.

And that included any Athenian tyrants.

He did end up meeting with the Athenian, who was more than a little disappointed when Praxis turned him down. It could have sparked a threat if not for Praxis' formidable reputation, but in the end the Athenian ended up leaving Argos with his tail between his legs.

"How many more visitors do you think we're going to get?" said Zenais once the Athenian was gone. "We should put a sign up on all the gates into Argos. 'No, you won't be told how to work the spear phalanx. Don't bother asking.' That should do the trick, no?"

"Don't worry, people will still ask," said Lysandra with a giggle.

Praxis chuckled. "We might still look into that sign though. It might save us some trouble. Or we can just set Zenais on them."

"We want to tell them no, not start another international crisis," teased Astara.

Zenais glared at her. "Are you saying I'm too gruff?"

"You do have a certain way about you. You're very blunt and to the point."

"What's wrong with that though?"

Astara grinned. "Nothing at all. I wouldn't change you for anything."

That melted Zenais' indignity and the two women embraced moments later. It was completed by Lysandra, who wrapped her arms around both of them. "Have I told you both lately that I love you? Like sisters you are to me."

Zenais rolled her eyes. "Every single day. We know already."

"Zenais!" chastised Astara. "Be nice!"

Zenais grinned. "She knows I love her too. I might love her a little too much, especially with that incredible body of hers."

"Zenais will never change," laughed Lysandra.

"I sure hope not," said Praxis, who at this point was sitting on their bed. "Nor any of you. I can't tell you how much I love all three of you. You make my life complete."

Astara smiled. "It sounds like someone is trying to get lucky right now."

"Mhmm," agreed Lysandra. "Do you think we should make it happen? We haven't had sex together in about... four hours."

"Four hours?" complained Zenais as she began to rip off her men's chiton. "That's way too long. Horn of Hades, I'm horny again."

All three women descended on Praxis with looks of hunger. Praxis couldn't help grinning as they disrobed and joined him on the bed.

It wasn't the life that he thought he would have, but he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Especially getting the chance to be with such gorgeous women (and to make them cum).

Later that evening, after all three women were sound asleep in their bed, Praxis put his clothes back on and snuck out of their bedroom for a drink of water. He passed by the central courtyard of the palace, where he was surprised to see Phaedra sitting on a stone and looking up at the night sky. Without any words, Praxis soon joined her and sat down on the same stone.

Phaedra turned to look at him and gave her brother a sad smile. "Sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

Phaedra shook her head. "I was just thinking about Father. How I wish he could see this new world we've created. The only thing he knew was Spartan dominance, especially right at the end."

Praxis put his arm around his sister. "I'm sure he knows somehow. I'm sure that he knows we won in the end."

Phaedra gestured to the stars above them. "I like to think that I can talk to him like this. On these quiet nights, I can still hear his voice. I tell him what's happening and what's going on, and sometimes, if I listen really close, I can hear his response."

"What is he telling you now?"

Phaedra smiled. "He's saying how proud of you he is."

That brought a heavy lump to Praxis' throat. It took him a minute to respond, but he still clutched Phaedra even tighter. At that moment, Praxis looked up to the night sky and then back to his sister.

"He's telling me something too," whispered Praxis.

"Oh? What is it?"

"That he loves you very much," said Praxis. "Just like I do."

A single tear fell down her cheek. "I'm so grateful for you, Praxis. So grateful that you've entered my life."

"That makes two of us," he replied. "I don't know what I would do without you. You're the only family I have left."

"That's not true," said Phaedra. "Don't forget about Lysandra, Astara, and Zenais. They are your family too. I already see them as sisters."

"That's the family that we choose," said Praxis. "You're the family that I was born with. And I wouldn't trade it for anything."

Phaedra rested her head against his shoulder. "Thank you, Praxis."

"Of course, Phaedra."

They sat like that for several minutes without saying another word until something occurred to Praxis. Looking at his hand, he still had on it the ring from his parents. Praxis pulled the ring off his finger and handed it over to Phaedra.

"Here, I want you to have this," said Praxis. "Does it look familiar to you?"

Phaedra nodded as she took it in her hand. "This was Father's ring. I didn't know you had it."

"He gave it to me right before he died," said Praxis. "It used to belong to my mother but when I have it with me, I can never forget him. It's a comforting presence, and I've worn it in every major battle since he died. I want you to have it."

Phaedra gave him a shocked look. "Are you sure? He probably gave it to you for a reason, Praxis."

"I wouldn't give it to just anyone," said Praxis with a smile. "But I want you to have it. You're family. And I know you can draw strength from it just like I have."

Phaedra slipped it on her finger, where it was just a little too big for her.

"I might have to make it a necklace," she joked. "Your fingers are too big."

Praxis chuckled with her. "As long as it makes you feel better. A necklace might be the better option anyway. That way, you can always keep him close to your heart."

Her eyes glimmered with tears as she embraced him tightly. "I'll never forget this gift, Praxis. It means the world to me. Just like you do."

Praxis could only smile in return. Even without their father, their future was limitless. As long as Praxis had his sister and his women to count on, how could it be anything other than bright?

Argos had secured her place in the world, and Praxis with it.

Now was the time for peace.

*****

Author's Note: Thank you all for reading this story, and I really hope you enjoyed it. Praxis' story is complete for now, but that doesn't mean there can't be a sequel. If you're interested in reading more, please let me know in the comments below. Thank you!