The Assassin's Bride Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But he had knowingly embroiled himself in another's drama and he was determined to get out of it in one piece. It left only one viable option that he wasn't sure Carina would agree with, and he needed her help to succeed. It was the only way he could control Michael, and cart the three of them to a safer destination.

He had to kill everyone else on board, and sink the boat.

******

Congratulating herself on being able to walk in a straight line, Carina carefully listened for voices or movement. The yacht was quiet, the hour was late.

By now she had discerned the corridors were not under surveillance. Wandering barefoot, she'd fake tripped, and in one instance, genuinely toppled over, and waited long enough to realise no one would come to her aid.

Pondering it, the lack of security made sense to Carina. Carlos hoped to capture Michael and retrieve her, or detain both of them as traitors. He wouldn't anticipate dealing with an enigma like Gavin. Gavin, whose room she'd rather go to. But he was sending her to another man.

Angrily shaking her head, she began to undo her loose plait and padded toward Carlos' suite. It wouldn't matter now if she was intercepted by chance, she found out what she needed to know. There was only one thing left on her agenda, and she wanted to get it over with, and not with a clear mind.

Carlos looked the very picture of fury when he wrenched his suite door open. Registering the visitor, he blinked. Then his eyes widened and his mouth fell ajar.

Carina smiled dizzily up at him and leaned against the frame, her shining, sexily ruffled long hair framed her pretty face. "You didn't say 'goodnight'," she coyly admonished.

Carlos warningly seized her shoulder when she tried to enter. "Why are you alone?" he snapped, peering into the hall behind her. Remembering the man he sent away, he growled at the ceiling.

Taking advantage of his distraction, Carina aptly shrugged his restraining hand away and boldly walked into the suite. "Close the door, Carlos," she demanded.

"You are very bossy tonight, Carina," he said grimly. Watching the door slowly click shut in a very surreal moment, he wondered what the night held in store.

Then he turned and was surprised by Carina standing right behind him. Seeming breathless, she cupped his face and eagerly stood on her toes. After an uncertain pause, Carlos gave in and bent so their lips could meet.

As Carlos kissed her with increasing ardency, Carina slid her hands from his face to his toned arms as they closed around her. Without breaking the kiss, Carlos lifted and carried her to bed.

Before Carina could gauge her bearings, Carlos feverishly kissed down her body, and his head disappeared up her skirt. Panting, she gazed at the ceiling as his fingers tentatively edged her gusset aside. It was weird that she was aroused, because the whole thing was so backward from everything she'd known. Just like when Michael first turned on her.

'Except you agree to this. You're not being forced this time,' a snide voice in her mind commented.

Conflicted, Carina genuinely wasn't sure if her consent made it better or worse. Carlos' muffled groan emitted from between her legs, then he began to lick her.

"Oh!" Carina gasped, as her late boyfriend's brother expertly ate her out.

Carlos muttered softly to himself in Spanish. Carina couldn't hear, but felt every elated word heatedly reverberate against her intimately. "Carlos-!"

Before she could stop him, two fingers slid into her pussy, his tongue continued to work on her. Writhing pleasurably on the bed, Carina couldn't shake a strange sensation. It was the disconcerting awareness of what she was doing, and the realisation that regardless of how things heated up, she would always be conscious of it. Being drunk was a mistake. It was the opposite of distracting - she couldn't control her thoughts.

"Carlos," she said faintly, weakly pushing his broad shoulders. "Oh...Carlos, wait!"

"What?" With his fingers still inside her, Carlos lifted his head, all trace of his controlled demeanour gone. Panting, his eyes flashed with wild passion. "What is wrong, Carina?"

"I...I don't know if I can do this," she faltered, feeling terrible as his face darkened from the rejection.

Without another word, Carlos abruptly retreated and sat at the other end of the bed. Still breathing heavily, he stared at the wall ahead as his mind sparred with his libido. Shakily exhaling, he covered his face with his hands. "You're driving me crazy, Carina."

"I'm sorry," she tearfully whispered, and she meant it.

Though confident at first, the task proved too difficult. Flirting was one thing, but such a deeply manipulative betrayal was too much. She couldn't be callous like Michael. She cared for Carlos, and knew he'd sacrifice his own life to protect her. And the man she truly wanted was in another room.

Recovering, Carlos shook his head. "Don't be sorry. None of this is your fault." He ruefully glanced down at his cock fighting the barrier of his pants. "It's too early. I can be patient."

Carina gratefully nodded acknowledgement, watching Carlos get up to turn the lights out. As darkness encompassed them, Carina slightly shrank back when Carlos returned to the bed.

But as she curled up nervously, his arm merely wrapped about her waist to draw them close together.

"You tasted so good," Carlos breathed.

Spooning Carina, he kissed her neck, then a warm blanket covered them. Carina's teasing words after dinner came back to respectively haunt her.

You're in Carlos' bed. Wasn't that the goal?

Carina eventually managed to fall asleep, uneasily aware of Carlos' erection restlessly nudging her.

********

The bland sandwich and bottle of water sat untouched on the floor, and Michael's dark hair adhered to his perspiring forehead as he determinedly persisted with his task. Lip curled with contempt, his eyes were scornful as his bruised wrist worked against the bind. There was superficial bleeding, but Michael was oblivious to it as he continued to twist and pull.

"No wonder you are so easily infiltrated, fucking idiots," he muttered. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and braced to free his hand in one forceful tug.