The Assassin's Bride Ch. 09

Story Info
All cards are on the table.
14.7k words
4.83
45.4k
23

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/06/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bellie444
Bellie444
1,864 Followers

Hey hey. Sorry for the wait! I commented previously this is the last chapter followed by an epilogue. However, there was too much to wrap up and I didn't want to delay it further. I.e. there will be chapter 10 instead.

Hope you enjoy. As always, interested in votes and feedback :)

***

Carina snuggled into the male bulk by her side. Then her eyes drifted open and focused on the expanse of Carlos' bare chest. At some point in the night, he'd removed his shirt.

"Oh," she breathed, wondering how to extract herself. The midnight-blue cocktail dress gripped her body in a displaced twist, having naturally shifted while she slept.

Carina managed to sneak from Carlos' embrace without disturbing him and stood by the bed, observing his sleeping face; handsome, faintly lined from rough years, but vulnerably peaceful. It almost went against nature to witness calm serenity on the face of a man so dangerous, but it certainly wasn't new to Carina. She generally found herself integrated into the inner circles of lethal, powerful men and privy to their gentler moments.

Carina's attention moved to Carlos' broad chest, gently rising and falling with each breath. He was bulkier than Eduardo; his solid muscle symbolic of the fact he did much of the heavy lifting where it came to their business.

Eduardo and Michael were the charismatic pair; negotiating salesmen. But where Carlos lacked charm, he made up for it with level-headedness. He was an excellent delegator who oversaw the practical aspects of the operation, and his disciplined lifestyle made him more reliable for uglier tasks. When Carlos had to get something done, he was not easily distracted.

"Enjoying yourself?"

Startled to be caught perving, a hot blush filled Carina's cheeks at the mischievous delight on Carlos' face. She'd seen his shirt off in beach settings where he relented to peer pressure from 'The Terrible Three' -- his nickname for her, Eduardo and Michael.

But she had never seen Carlos relaxing in bed, after spending the night together. And now there was no Eduardo, no Michael and no buffering presence to dilute any tensions between them. As far as Carlos was concerned, it was just the two of them together.

"I...I was..." Carina shook her head to recover. Since when did she struggle with a comeback?

"Wow, Carina. I have never seen you blush like a schoolgirl," Carlos teased, folding his arms behind his head as he considered her.

"I am just embarrassed about last night," Carina retorted, mustering some confidence in her voice as she went for the exit. "I will see you at breakfast."

"No. Come here," he softly ordered.

Heart suddenly thumping, Carina slowly turned back and approached the bed. "Why?" she queried, concealing her unease. "I am too hungry to waste time admiring your muscles, Carlos."

Carlos burst out laughing. "Come here, brat."

Pouting, Carina knelt on the bed.

"Closer," he beckoned.

With an impatient huff, she edged close enough to be drawn into a hug.

"This is like a dream," Carlos sighed deeply, tightening his embrace. "You were very naughty last night," he murmured into her hair. "What would you like for breakfast?"

Feeling smothered against the heat of his chest, Carina shrugged. "Eggs, the way I like them?"

"Done."

His hold slackened, and Carina clambered to her feet, pausing by the suite door. "Carlos?"

"Yes?" he answered, still watching from the bed.

Carina frowned as various questions circled her mind. She had to tread carefully. "What are we doing today?"

Carlos gently smiled, reminded of the past when he scheduled everything for their group. "After breakfast, I have some work things to do. The day is yours, but no sunbaking."

"Why not?"

Carlos arched an eyebrow with a look that said, 'you know exactly why.'

And there it was - the start of Carlos' reign. Carina grit her teeth and tried not to look mutinous. "I am not threatened by Gavin."

"Neither am I, but you will respect my wishes."

"If you say so," Carina said sweetly, and forcefully slammed the door behind her.

Things had noticeably shifted overnight. Carlos' usual protective manner had altered to something distinctly flirtatious. There was always affection, but now there was an intimate slant to it. Sexual dilemma aside, Carina realised Carlos might treat her better than Eduardo, but he would also be stricter. She had to get out.

Carina bit her lip and frowned at her door, wondering if Gavin could save her from Carlos.

"I wondered if you'd come back."

With a gasp Carina turned to stare up at Gavin, who unsmilingly walked her into the suite.

"I... What are you doing here?" Carina squeaked, stumbling back onto the bed.

Gavin ignored her question, clearly angered about something. His eyes raked her dishevelled dress of the night before. "Do you know his plans for today?"

"Breakfast... T-Then he has w-work," Carina stammered, completely thrown off by Gavin's sudden appearance and strange mood. If she didn't know better, it would seem he was upset with her.

"What kind of work?"

"They never... He never tells me," she answered, nervously swallowing as Gavin sharply watched her face, his jaw tensed as though on the verge of a confronting question. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I can't be caught here. I'll see you at breakfast," he said curtly, and slipped from the room. "Keep doing what you're doing."

The parting words floated back as the door closed behind him. His tone was quietly scathing, even disgusted.

"Oh!" Carina said indignantly. By the time she opened the door to counter the insult, Gavin had vanished. "Quick bastard," she mumbled.

Rolling the cocktail dress into an angry ball, she threw it across the room and flounced into the shower.

It wasn't fair. Gavin told her to seduce Carlos. Now, it was like he'd lost respect for her because she succeeded, without giving her a chance to explain she didn't even fuck Carlos. Not that she should need to defend herself!

"Men, and their fucking double standards!" she snarled, turning the water to full heat.

Exiting the shower, her foul mood continued as she opened her cupboard to glare at the contents.

"I'm not threatened, but no sunbaking. Seduce him, no, don't seduce him," she mimicked in childish tones, skimming the items.

So, Carlos didn't like her being provocative, and Gavin was irked she got close to Carlos?

She had ways to hit back.

****

Carlos froze with shocked disapproval and Gavin choked on his juice when Carina haughtily entered the dining area. The guarding men gaped, momentarily forgetting the purpose of their presence.

In a transparent white kaftan, Carina was as good as naked. Her firm breasts were clearly visible through the delicately thin fabric; nipples hardening as the material lightly shifted across her skin with movement. Though she appeared nude beneath the sheer covering, closer inspection would reveal she wore the tiniest white G-string. The scant clothing was offset by a pair of outrageously high-heeled white patent stilettos.

Carina's flawless complexion needed no enhancement, and the fresh-faced look was a charming contrast to glossy red lips. With lustrous dark hair tumbling freely across her shoulders, she looked the very definition of 'Sexual Goddess'.

"Good morning Carlos, darling!" she sang, wrapping her arms around the outraged man and pressing a big smooch to his cheek.

With an insolent ruffle that set Carlos' black hair on end, Carin took her seat beside him and smiled at her breakfast, seemingly ignorant of the stunned group of men surrounding her.

"C-Carina," Carlos said hoarsely, oblivious to the red pout-mark on his face. "What the Hell are you wearing?"

"Oh, this old thing?" she laughed, tossing her hair. "I don't even remember where it came from." Dismissing Carlos, she picked up her knife and fork, then looked up at Gavin's gobsmacked countenance.

"Oh, good morning, Gavin," she said innocently, as though just realising his presence.

With an effort Gavin tore his gaze from her incredible breasts; rosy nipples pointing right at him through the see-through shirt-dress. Reminding himself to breathe, he held his tongue and watched the gathering storm on Carlos' face.

"Mm." Carina swallowed her first bite, appearing unaware of the room being at a standstill.

Recovering, Carlos abruptly stood from his seat and seized Carina's elbow. "This is not how you dress for breakfast."

"Carlos!" she admonished, playfully jabbing his hand with her fork. "You're making a scene in front of our guest!"

Clearly incensed, Carlos took a deep breath. "Excuse us, Gavin."

Before Carina could manage another mouthful, she was lifted from her seat and dragged from the room, leaving an awkward silence in their wake.

In the corridor, Carlos pinned her to the wall. "Explain yourself."

"Explain what?" she said petulantly, squirming against his chest.

Carlos caught part of the silky kaftan between his fingers. "This."

"Umm..." Meeting his severe gaze, Carina tried not to giggle at the shiny kiss on his cheek.

As she continued to look cheekily thoughtful, Carlos felt his patience and libido simultaneously slipping. "This is about the sunbaking?" he growled.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Carina slyly answered. "Why would you stock my cupboard with clothes I'm not allowed to wear?"

"I was not expecting to play Host to an outsider, smartass."

"Outsiders were never a problem-"

"Not with three of us guarding you," Carlos grimly interrupted, his eyes dark with anger as he recalled Michael was often tasked with watching over Carina. "Go and change."

Before she could argue, Carlos pinched her jaw to ensure he had her full attention.

"If you refuse, I will spank you in front of the men and the guest you are so Hellbent on teasing. Then I will lock you in your room, until lunch. Am I understood?"

Carina grimaced. That consequence would be very humiliating, and she knew every male in the next room, Gavin included, would enjoy the spectacle.

Mischief aside, she understood the basis of Carlos' ultimatum. Whilst he doted on her enough to tolerate playful disrespect, she was challenging his authority in front of a stranger.

Carlos never compromised on authority and he was not known for being a pushover. In fact, he was distinctly known for being as strong as his word, and more than one unfortunate fool left the world on this lesson.

Whether Carina rebelled or behaved, Carlos would not be disrespected nor back down on his standards of propriety.

"Am I understood, Carina?" he repeated, half-irritated and half-mesmerised by her beautiful eyes.

"Yes," she said sulkily, and her face was released. "Eduardo let me wear what I want," she muttered in a grumbling aside.

"I am not Eduardo. If you act like a child when we have company, then I will treat you like one."

"Fineeee..." Carina tried to loop her arms about Carlos' neck, but he seized her wrists and drew them to her sides.

"Manipulation will not work, either. You can be your bratty self in private, but do not give me trouble in front of Gavin again. Am I clear?"

Glaring at his chest and feeling a rather hefty erection nudge her hip, she resentfully nodded.

"Good. Now, go. And don't you dare do what I know you are thinking about doing," he warned, narrowing his eyes when she looked offended. "I am well-versed in your cheeky ways, Carina. If you come back in a similar outfit, I will follow through with the punishment. Do not test me."

"Fine!" she snapped, peeved that he knew her nature so well.

So much for teaching the men a lesson.

Carina stalked off, ensuring the kaftan caught under one hand to give Carlos an explicit view of her taut behind in a rudely provocative gesture. But her mood was mostly appeased by the fact he was going back to the men with a bright red mouth-print on his face.

Ten minutes later, Carina returned looking sensibly attractive in a knee-length white skirt and sky-blue blouse. With his cheek cleaned of lipstick, Carlos brusquely nodded approval with a glimmer of humour in his eyes that hinted she was forgiven for the makeup transfer.

Gavin had the gall to grin. "That blue is lovely on you," he complimented her, still grinning when she shot him an icy glare.

On this rare occasion, Carlos agreed with Gavin's humour. "She was always a mischievous tease," he chuckled, pinching her cheek. "And she knows I adore her."

Feeling thoroughly humbled, Carina jerked her face away with a scowl and resumed picking at her breakfast.

"What do you have on for today, Carlos?" Gavin asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Business," Carlos replied, sipping his espresso, his amused gaze still on Carina's sullen face.

"I have to say, this is by far the largest leisure-yacht I have ever boarded," Gavin said conversationally, his blue eyes curiously moved about the dining area.

"It was not originally designed for leisure, Gavin."

Gavin nodded politely as his juice was refilled. "I wouldn't be surprised if it contained a weapon's hold," he said casually.

Carlos smiled calmly; his eyes turned hostile. "I would be very surprised if you had not been on a vessel containing one."

"Like you, I am a man of worldly experiences," Gavin beamed, and stretched his arms upward, not noticing Carina's eyes glued to his flexing biceps. "I don't suppose I could pay Michael a visit?"

Carina blinked, not accustomed to hearing Gavin use the phony name.

Carlos sighed dismissively. "I am afraid that is out of the question."

"No problem," Gavin shrugged, finishing his juice. "I might challenge Carina to a game of pool."

Carlos stiffened, and for a moment it seemed he would veto the suggestion. Then he relaxed with a smile Carina knew was fake. "I don't have a problem with that. Watch out, she is quite good."

"I'll enjoy the challenge," Gavin politely replied, and excused himself.

Carina looked up to find Carlos shrewdly watching her. "Be careful," he warned. "You have already pissed me off once today."

Carina looked bored and continued to play with her food.

"I did not enjoy Gavin pointing out the red stain on my face," Carlos lectured. "I know you love pranks, but do not get carried away with them."

"And I thought Eduardo was overbearing," Carina complained, rolling her eyes and pushing her plate away.

Carlos smiled sadly. "We were different men, and I suppose loved you in different ways. We certainly had our disagreements about you over the years."

Carina looked away, remembering what Michael shared about Carlos' conflicts with his brother. The times Carlos protected her from Eduardo's crueller whims.

An uncomfortable blush stole across Carina's cheekbones as she recognised Carlos' drunken prediction when he tried to rape her was manifesting - she was like an inheritance from Eduardo. But seeing Carlos in an authoritative light, as her sole owner, was requiring more adjustment than she expected.

"I thought you were going to tell Gavin to 'fuck off'," she said, casting a searching look his way.

Carlos' dark eyes turned cold. "I was. But I suppose you need entertaining, and it will be an easier way to keep an eye on both of you."

"What business do you-?"

"Do not trouble yourself with that," he interrupted, his hand covered hers. "If you would rather stay in your suite, that is fine."

Carina hesitated. "Is your business to do with Michael?"

Carlos looked away irritably. "Yes, Carina."

"I have a right to see him, Carlos."

"No."

"But-"

"I said 'no', Carina."

She angrily withdrew her hand. "He took your brother, but he took my lover, and much more. So, unless you can tell me Michael imprisoned and repeatedly forced his cock inside you, I think my claim on him might be even greater than yours."

At her sarcastic tone, Carlos turned with such ferocity that Carina inwardly quaked but didn't back down.

"You were always so delicate with arguments," he ground out, rising from the table. "Fine. Let's go."

"R-Right now?" Carina faltered, feeling suddenly weak as Carlos pulled her to her feet.

"What's the matter? You didn't think I would say 'yes'?"

Carina gulped. No, she didn't think he would allow it right away. Now, she was scared of what she didn't know. Would Michael be half-tortured and unrecognisable? Would he be healthily arrogant and mock her? Which would be worse?

Carlos roughly escorted her further below deck, practically carrying her along when she stumbled. But Carina's initial trepidation was steadily being replaced with an anger to match Carlos'.

There was certainly new friction developing between them. Being under Carlos' control was strangely different to the past, when he might purse his lips with disapproval but otherwise not interfere with Eduardo's decisions unless they were outrageous. When he did intervene, it was always in her defence. But now that he was in charge and considered her his woman, he was taming her his own way.

But Carina was wilful, disobedient and spoiled. The dynamic with Eduardo worked, despite their passionate fights, because of their explosive chemistry. Thus far, Carlos had not taken her to bed. He could not bribe or appease or punish her with sex, or a denial of it.

If Carlos pressed her to the wall, ran his hand up her skirt to caress the heat between her legs and threatened not to fuck her brains out after dinner, Carina's temper would have been rattled. Given her emotional state of flux and conflicting feelings about Carlos, she may not feel compelling desire, but she would certainly be startled into obedience.

The two guarding men straightened with quick surprise and stood aside when Carlos appeared with Carina in tow.

"I want to see him alone," Carina hissed, pulling her arm free and returning Carlos' glare. "What are you afraid of?"

The guarding men feigned disinterest, but keenly awaited Carlos' answer.

"As you wish," he quietly snarled. "But later we are going to chat about your attitude." He opened the door first to check Michael was seated on the opposite side.

The moment Carina stepped into the room she felt a wave of anxiety and had to force a deep breath through her lungs. Carlos remained outside with the others.

Michael's shock quickly wore off, his chocolate-brown eyes smouldered with a wicked glint that made Carina's heart ache and skin crawl at the same time.

"You wanted to see me, mi amor?" he said silkily, sitting with straight confidence against the wall, his arms behind his back and ankles cable-tied.

Besides a healing bruise on his face, Michael hadn't changed much. He was the same good-looking, athletic bastard who had been her best friend before deciding to imprison her on an island and force her into his bed...

Carina broke eye contact. "Yes."

"Why?"

Carina shrugged in a lie. She wanted to see with her own eyes that he was alive. She didn't understand why.

"You look good enough to eat, Carina," Michael smiled, and licked his lips. "I can still taste you."

"And I will always hate you!" she spat, infuriated that even with the power shift between them, he was still so damn cocky.

Michael relaxed against the wall. "Did you miss me?"

"No!"

He chuckled. "If you say so. You couldn't wait until I take you off this boat to seduce me?"

"You'll never-"

"Yes, I will."

Inexplicable terror streaked up Carina's spine. Michael wasn't broken or afraid. His demeanour was an unnerving opposite - he spoke with certainty, as though he knew something she didn't.

The uneasy feeling grew; a bizarre sense of danger. Carina felt like she was in a shark cage, facing a sizable prehistoric predator without realising the protecting barrier was made of plastic instead of unbreakable steel.

Bellie444
Bellie444
1,864 Followers