The Band

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Plenty of surgery happened, they needed to make sure everything hurt was fixed and then not missed anything. Plenty of evidence on the guy was left in me and under my nails. I don't have anything besides a damaged kidney so no marathon runs for me. Didn't get knocked up and do work for that so if I ever get to the point of wanting sex again I can have kids.

**

Just sorta trail off there, not really much else to talk about. Could talk about the week in the hospital talking to cops and therapists, physical as well as mental. There was even an argument over my case, the hospital wanted to clean it. I refused to let them because it is a stark reminder to never go anywhere alone.

All of it also falls over me again so I'm crying then turn into the closest person and bury my face. Arms go around me and I'm held while I cry, been a while since I've done that. I guess my therapist was right, I shut down and needed to vent before I burst and do something stupid like suicide. After a while I realize there is a conversation going on, about what happened to me.

Look up at the head attached to the chest I was buried in. I grabbed Woody to cry on, makes sense he came down to the basement with me. Still before I pay attention to the conversation I am going to say something to Woody.

"Sorry about your shirt and not sleeping with you." Silence for a moment then Woody snorts.

"I have a washer, and didn't think you would. Pay better attention Mark is using your story as the third song." Frown and look at Mark.

"Not making it light or nothing, figured we would hit them with something deep. Can't get a whole lot deeper than that."

"Wasn't really that deep, asshole was maybe average." Mark opens his mouth then Paul smacks him on the head and comes closer to kneel before me.

"I've been helping him with it and you don't have to sing it." Sigh and shake my head.

"I'm not broken." Woody squeezes on me so I look up at him.

"Make for a good close on the song. Do you think you could do helpless and then build up to fierce?" Just stare at him for a second not getting it then Mark smacks the table.

"I see what he's saying, wants you to do what it was like while it happened then build up to being the fierce Pinky." Sigh and shake my head.

"Honestly I'm scared shitless most of the time."

"Common for gals who have had that done to them." I totally try and jump over the sofa, except there is no behind it's against the wall.

Do end up in the corner breathing hard. Mom is standing there with a frown, I guess because she scared the shit out of me. Not literally at least but fuck.

"Sorry I forgot about the jumpy, I volunteer at a clinic that helps women that were raped. All of them are afraid of their shadows when they get there. You are pretty far along on the recovering at least what it's called. I am curious on one thing, why bass?" Sigh and move to sit again like a normal person.

"I play bass because my uncle plays double bass in a symphony. He has let me play his when I was a kid and liked it, he showed me how as well so when I went to music class I chose to do bass. In high school I had a double bass, also was asked to join a band so needed an electric. The first one I got was small enough but not that great looking to me. Stickers helped but when we started doing gigs I saved up and got that one."

"Can you play guitar?"

"Sure, I just prefer doing bass." Mom nods and shrugs.

"One of the bands under management could use a guitarist. Can't ask Mark and Andrew has a job." Frown and look at Mark.

"Why can't you ask Mark?" Plenty of sighs down here.

"Related to the producer means the band doesn't trust him, no trust and it doesn't work." Mark says then Mom waves her hand.

"Not to do tours or anything, they need a guitarist for the studio since theirs hurt his hand and can't play for right now. This isn't a huge big time band, one of the new groups. If you are willing a car will pick you up tomorrow." Nod then frown.

"Don't you have stand by people?"

"Oh sure, the band didn't like any of them. At this point we either get you or call around for people tomorrow. Can't not use the studio time allotted and they are particular fucks as my husband put it."

"Well so long as I get paid for it, I only get so much out of the state to recover on."

"You do get paid, I think it's fifty to show up and then if the band can get it's head out of their ass it's another hundred for any days you play with them. Also, hamburgers for you guys and Andrea, got a dinner to attend." Mark and Paul sigh.

"We wanted to practice this and Andrea is a little young to listen to it."

"You three are not exactly old enough either." The guys groan at that, I crack a small smile and Mom is grinning. "Don't worry about it, she will watch TV."

Mom exits the basement so I head for my bass. Takes a while to get the tune right, I can do the helpless easy enough. Just think about while that asshole was on top of me and how I felt. Building up to the angry though that part takes a while because I get angry fairly quickly while thinking about it. Paul has the idea of showing me the lyrics so I can learn those and sing while I play.

Not the best of ideas because I start crying again, and also the best of ideas because I hold to helpless while doing the rape part. Four run through of the song later and I'm not so happy with it, missing something then it comes to me. Run through the song until it gets to the end part then almost whisper the end line and do a solo performance.

Build and build until I'm frantically tearing through the notes and almost shout it. Dad is down here at the time listening and smiling huge at me. Also gives me a hug since I'm going to maybe help him out with his band. I'm not real sure how much help I will be but hell with fifty I can afford to get a nice pair of pants to wear for the gig.

Salvation Army stores are a godsend for broke musicians they just don't carry the nice shit. For nice you need to hit up a regular store. My rape cost me three hundred in clothes, since I'm not going to wear a skirt I can get cheaper for a pair of pants. I got plenty of nice enough shirts but pants are tough to find at Salvation shops.

Once I'm home with my bass I practice more. Been a while since I've actually done a full on practice session. Just run through the chords over and over before settling down and playing classical. Doesn't work that well on an electric bass but the notes jump around a bit more than they do on regular music.

This is mostly because acoustics are set up differently, at least when it comes to bass. That was the hard part for me, taking what I know of a double bass and taking it to an electric bass. What works to get a clear note out of the double doesn't work on electric and vice versa. Drove the teacher and my band mates nuts for a while.

Wake up to banging on my door, oh hell I fell asleep while playing. Well maybe not while playing but I need to get a shower and dressed. Hopping up I get the door and I have a driver standing there, double take at this one, I have what looks like a limo driver.

"Limo?" He nods and grins.

"Absolutely, my boss likes to work with this company because they will call for a limo to do most anything. Not kidding, yesterday I took a receptionist around to get fast food for lunch." Just gawk at him a second.

"Damn, alright well come on in, need to take a shower. Don't ask if you can watch." He nods and follows me in.

"Don't think I'm not bummed that I can't watch or join in. Still better this way, have a girlfriend." Wave my hand and head for my bedroom to get a change of clothes.

Make for a fast shower and don't bother to dry my hair terribly well. It's fairly straight anyway so not a big deal. Just get in, get wet, scrub a little, and get out to dry and get dressed. Come out of the bathroom to find him sitting on my sofa with bass sitting on the coffee table. Groan at that, I didn't put it away and it's still plugged in.

He watches as I put it away then offers to carry the case for me. Well what the hell he's the limo driver and him taking it away is a good way to not have a job anymore. Limo drivers are paid pretty well anyway so he can afford to buy his own. Hell he probably can afford to get a nicer one than I have, I got a low end custom bass.

"You do play guitar right? I was told to come here and pick up a guitarist."

"Yeah, I can do guitar, I prefer bass but I'm stepping up to help out a band produced by the dad of my band mate."

"Oh good, they like to yell if you mess up even if I followed what I was told exactly."

Sounds about right then we are at the limo and I got a white one. Look at him for a moment and he rolls his eyes.

"My black one is down for maintenance so I get to drive around in the virginity stealer. We use these for prom, don't ask me why."

He heads for the trunk and I actually giggle a little. Color me shocked that I giggled but dang, virginity stealer and it's the limo they use to take couples to prom with. I got laid at prom and know plenty of gals who did the same so I suppose it's an apt name. Still amusing that they call it that, then I get in the back of the limo.

Find a champagne bottle in here, not that I want to have any. Not open anyway so I look around and I got sodas so grab one out. He looks back at me when I crack it open and asks for one so I hand him this one and get a second out. Glares at me for a bit since I took a sip first, I just crack the new one and trade.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, I didn't get a limo for prom. Not that I was here for prom anyway but my date owned a car. Do get a bit worried when we head toward out of town. I mean I figured the studio would be closer to the company building if not part of it.

"Don't worry not planning on anything but taking you to the studio. There are three studio's owned by the company we are working for, this one is used by the new bands to not be distracted." Relax a little but not that much, I'm alone with him and he's larger.

Deep down I know if he was going to do anything to me he would have at my apartment. I mean I let him in and went to take a shower. Still there are some who would prefer taking a gal out to the middle of nowhere for their fun. Then we are stopping and there are cars parked out here and there is a studio sign.

Still don't relax, he could tase me or something and drive me elsewhere. Not that anything happens beyond he opens the door and continues on for the trunk. I get my case back when we go inside the studio and find Dad, he smiles and escorts me farther in to where there is the band. There is even a guy sitting there with his hand in a cast and the rest are ribbing him.

As one they look up at us then me and finally my case. Few snorts come out since they know I'm carrying a bass.

"Coop that is a bass player, we need a guitarist." Dad looks at me and I roll my eyes.

"I can play guitar, prefer bass. If you really want me to show off get a double bass." Three slack jaws at that one then the one in the cast chuckles.

"Hell guys, give her a guitar and let her play, if she sucks we need to keep looking anyway." Frown and look up at Dad.

"I was told they are particular."

"Nah, we wanted someone our own age. The guys they brought in were graying and we are not the stones." Tossed hands next to me so shrug and follow the band.

Into the studio playing side we go where I get to look over the song. Hell this is easy enough then get distracted by the bassist wanting to check out my bass. Well what the hell so I pop the case open and hand her over. He looks it over and even strums once and smiles at me.

"Good bass, also looks familiar. Like I've seen somebody playing this before." Look up at him with a frown then I realize.

"Oh hell, opened for you guys in my last band. Had blonde hair at the time." They all look at me with a frown.

"I thought you stopped playing." Nod and shake my head.

"Did stop playing, at least publically. I had to recover from what happened, am in a band again, Coop is Dad to the singer." Cast is swung about.

"Why is your hair pink?"

"My hair is pink because I wanted to be not blonde, it's what that asshole looks for, and well I can put distance between me and the past. I was trying for red but when I did it the first time I had to finish early to catch the bus for my therapist. Grew on me, and well I'm not blonde so I stayed with pink." Plenty of nods to that.

"Makes sense, plenty of bands wouldn't play at that place for two months after. Do you got a gig lined up?" Nod and smile a little.

"Our first gig is battle of the bands, probably because of Coop. He can't sign us but that doesn't mean he can't open some doors." The intercom squawks at us.

"Pinky that was uncalled for, Paul called up management and kept doing it for a couple weeks." The guys look at the window then look at me.

"My name is Andrea but we got an Andrew in the band, he's the guitarist. I got dubbed Pinky and honestly it's not that bad a name. Course Paul started calling Mark, Brain, though honestly geek works better. He's all skin and bone, give him glasses and short hair and you got a geek." Plenty of snorts and the intercom squawks at us again.

"He wears contacts and this is not you playing with the band." My stomach rumbles so I better ask, better to not play on an empty stomach.

"Yes, oh evil lord and master Satan, we will play for you. Quick question, do you got a breakfast shake back there or something?" The guys are laughing now, and I think the technician in there with Coop is doing the same

"We will find something, somebody get her a guitar."

Cast guy gets me a guitar and well dang this is a rather big guitar. Close to on par with my bass so I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I got thin fingers so got an extra good guitar."

"Well I may like your guitar. Since you are not doing anything stay here and turn the page for me."

Gets me a shrug so I go over the first page twice then look around, they are all watching me and remember I need to demonstrate first. With a shrug I adjust my fingers and start playing the song. Honestly it's good I play bass since this guitar has the same idiosyncrasies as my bass. Finish the first page and kick cast guy so he changes the page and keep going.

"Holy fuck you are good." Cast guy says after taking the sheets away, so shrug.

"Not all that different from playing bass on this guitar. I'd have difficulty with a regular guitar at first, have tried before."

"So I could play your bass?" Nod and shake my head.

"I don't want to let you touch it, danger prone apparently. But a bass like that you can play no problem. Started out playing the short regular bass but didn't like how it looked and stickers didn't help so got that one custom made. It's a low end custom but it's a good bass."

Intercom squawks again so we all wave at our evil lord and master Satan then get down to the music. Coop doesn't look so happy but the technician in there with him is grinning. Also get a breakfast shake brought in for me so I make us pause to down that fast. After that we get down to business.

Course business being a misnomer, cast guy is making faces at me while I read the sheet and play. Doesn't affect me, my sense of humor seems to be coming back but I'm also concentrating on the music. Makes the other guys laugh though so we end up doing the song five times. Then we pause for lunch which I like, breakfast shakes are not that filling.

Five times run through isn't all we have done though, started the song at least twenty times so we were going for something like three hours. Most of that time was spent yelling at cast guy. It was funny but also killing off studio time which is expensive. When we head for the buffet the guys all hurry to sit next to me.

"Are you guys all single?" Four nods so frown.

"What happened to that one chick, I forget her name."

"Oh hell she was a groupy, did all of us off and on for about a month then found a different band. You met her about halfway through the month." Shiver a little at that one.

"That was why she flirted with me. Glad I don't go for gals, probably would have caught something from her."

"Nah, she was good about the condoms. We rather think she was married because it was always with a condom and she never stayed the night." Put the sandwich down, not so hungry all of a sudden.

"I don't get that, I mean I do get wanting to fuck a musician, lots of those guys are hunks. The rest of it though." The guys shrug.

"We don't either but when you are single it's at least a chick to fuck." Toss up my hands.

"No wonder most musicians are single." Coop snorts from behind me.

"Good portion of us producers are as well, even with assistants so don't have to go on tour. If you guys are finished eating we got another four hours of studio time. Another band is coming in tonight." Look up at Coop.

"You are getting a little eviler." Coop looks down at me and rolls his eyes.

"Need to keep this studio running so we are slave drivers. Not like it's hard to sit in the studio and play."

Not really no, but it's fun to poke at him. Still he is right on that so we hop up and finish off what we got. If we want to, I lost my appetite with the talk on that groupy. Back into the studio we go and complain about the technician wanting to do one more take of that last song. Still we do the one more take.

After the one more take we move on to a different song. So new sheet and I get about thirty seconds to read the whole thing. Luckily there is no singing, we are just doing the instrumentals. So run through that four times then we kick cast guy out and Coop comes in to change the page for me. Course Coop does the same thing on the next run through of the song.

The guys are laughing hard at the face he made. I mean he went above just making a face, he got his hands involved to give him horns and a goatee. I only cracked a smile and shook my head so the guys are calling me Terminator, which I counter with Pinky. Turns around and now I am Terminator Pinky which actually is better than Pinky.

Finally Coop calls the day done and the guys are packing up. Get offers of a lift that I decline since going home with Coop. Not that I'm not a little tempted, cast guy is handsome and nice, I remember wanting to ask him out when we met. But groupy was there and all over him so figured on he was dating her.

Wish I had known she was a groupy and not a girlfriend. Would have made dealing with after easier, maybe. Heck who knows, if we had been dating he may have been there that day and given me a lift. No sense crying over spilt milk, I am doing well enough anyway. Not that I don't look after him a little longer than maybe should, I guess I'm starting to want to get laid.

Takes a little while but finally we are leaving, Coop had to make sure the tapes made today are labeled and put in the proper canister. No talking on the way out then I notice the band coming in. They are all in a hearse, a nice hearse with all the curtains still on it. Just watch them getting out and well I guess vampire band or something silly.

"I didn't pick them out, but they seem to be a good niche band." Coop says once we are in his car.

"I think you should make Paul and Mark use this car." It's a four door, my bass is in the back seat.

"Wife's car, I had to drop Andrea off at a party today. I got a two seater like theirs." Toss up my hands.

"Men in this city." Coop snorts then looks over at me.

"Are you not going to look at my boys, Woody, or Andrew as dating material?" Oh hell that was not a question I expected.

"I don't know, I mean dating band members is a bad idea, split up and the band takes sides. Get in an argument and there are always groupies around wanting to fuck us so the whole thing turns huge fast. Besides that I'm not real sure I'm ready to date again, I wanted to ask that one out when I met him, but the groupy was around. I didn't know she was a groupy we only talked fast in the hallway. So I'm getting ready to think about getting laid, but the rest of it." Coop nods and shrugs.

emap
emap
237 Followers