All Comments on 'The Bar and Grill Pt. 02'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Was looking forward to this.

Nice follow up. You have become one of my favorites. Keep it up. Looking forward to the next installment on this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Good!

I like your style, the story is developing nicely. I look forward to the next chapters. Thank you for your work!

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Good chapter again.

I'm glad Tim has moved on. Don't let him even think about his ex-wife. The two questions Jammer asked were really good. I hope Tim remembers them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

I think that you caught the heart of the chef in Tim. Often writers will include side details but it just irritates me because it usually doesn't add to the story. I just don't buy it. Here, it works. I feel as though I know Tim.

My final compliment is that I got miffed when I realized that there was going to be another part. I wanted to continue reading it NOW.

Many thanks!

Ttom

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Excellent second chapter.

I am starting to think that food is as primary to ones soul as sex. You have combined the two masterfully. Please continue the story, and please don't stop like Castlestone did with Sophia.

mallahmallahover 13 years ago
Men who can cook

OMG! We have here a LW story where at least one man can cook food that is NOT a STEAK!!! No throwing a chunk of beef on the grill, bbq or whatever euphemism about a effing outdoor stove. The most overused item in LW stories, a man who cannot cook and thinks that using a grill is cooking. Always its a thick steak with baked potato and a garden salad with either bleu cheese or french dressing. Always grilled to perfection. Geezus!

Castlestone did a great job in Sophia about cooking, it is too bad that other authors were and are too effing lazy to research cookbooks and use it as a way to lift a man into the 21st century in which he can cook more than a chunk of beef. Maybe this story will be a catalyst in which those same authors to try adding a new facet to their routine sub stories. The men do not have to be a certified chef, they could learn from their mothers, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, fathers and grandfathers. Or have them spend a semester in cooking classes. Something to add a sense of realism to their stories. Of course no one of those authors will rise to that kind of challenge, because it is too much work for those same authors to research cookbooks.

brujaybrujayover 13 years ago
Outstanding Chapter

I must confess I really enjoyed this chapter with its twists and turns, but I was honestly surprised that there was no further trials and tribulations with Nina. Yes, I'm one of those who enjoys the "eye for an eye" retribution against the offending spouse. Maybe in the next chapter?

Also, try giving Tim a little more native intelligence when it comes to women. He seems too dense and unaware. He seems smart and capable in everything else but.

Keep on writing and the sooner the better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Made me hungry

So I went out and picked some Corn. Yea, I know, it's October but things are late this year.

I also went down to the river and caught a 17" Searun Cuttroat.

Some brown sugar and some Datl-do-it devil drops and I got my dinner.

Good chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!

im liking this story. im hoping the next chapter will be tommorrow, but more likely next week.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Second Chapter Moved Better

I thought Pt. 01 was paced too slowly; this part was more interesting and better paced. As always in a Rehnquist story, interesting characters. Looking forward to Pt. 03.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
A Delicous Story

Interestingly everyone tries to sell him good sense. In my experience the kibitzers usually want to torch the bitch. So far Nicole is almost a complete mystery even though she appears to be in love with Tim we have no other idea about what goes on in her head... Perhaps Jenny will be convincing..

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Good story

It seems he genuinely likes women, which will no doubt stand him in great stead once he realizes his own appeal to the fair sex. He’s hurt and bewildered by the turn of events and he almost desperately wants someone to love who really loves him back the same way. You could call it the normal life dream but, as we all know, it doesn’t quite happen that way, or that quickly.

He is almost desperate for someone to love him but I really hope (I know, it’s just a goddamn story right!) you allow him to grow a pair big enough so that he realizes his true worth so that the next woman he’s with is on his terms rather than hers, or maybe as a true meld of equals (always my favorite way) but certainly not another marriage of convenience for the woman.

“Marry in haste, repent at leisure” seems to describe his circumstances. She married him on the rebound and wanted everything without giving anything, except hot sex when she thought fit.

It’s sad to say that he should have seen something like this coming, especially with the little girls’ attitude and his faithful wife’s ‘moods’.

The whole of his being seems to be greater than the sum of his parts and surely some responsible and moral female will see that. That’s not to denigrate females by the way – just one of those in this story.

Anyway, I liked it, a lot. Rehnquist has a way with words matched by few. I loved Uncle Jack’s diatribe – spot on. Jammers was pretty much the same way.

I like the Nicole character – I don’t think she’s just out to get him although there is that. Jenny – she’s been every superlative as a girl and woman and has a few issues which (as SHE pointed out) make it difficult for her to move on. She wants a ‘fuckbuddy’ rather than a partner, but that’s not what he’s looking for.

Excellent Rehnquist, although the dog has my true sympathies.

I look forward to your next chapter, which should be tomorrow.

I think the highest praise I can give is that my first search this morning was for your chapter 2 rather than WWWM5B – by the way I didn’t find it until about 2 p.m. Central time today.

Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
superb storytelling

pace, characters, plot development, everything top-notch, keep up the good work

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Almost as an aside

You might want to stop giving us so many hints. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This is a good one.

I like all of these characters - the ex, spoiled kids, and all the rest. The pace is pleasant, the dialog easy to follow and believable, and the situations are unusual enough to be interesting without being outrageous. Thanks very much for the effort so far. I check every day for another installment. ikj

machandsomemachandsomeover 13 years ago
Very good

I like this story and was sad when Pt. 2 ended, not because of the story but I want more please keep writing! I will keep reading!

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneover 13 years ago
Cheep Divorce Advice!

Your analysis of why some divorces happen in less than the "official" time limit was enlightning. Thanks,

Story is readable and I have enjoyed the dialog.

W

ohioohioover 13 years ago
Really good!

Just a great pleasure to read--totally absorbing, and without any of the excessively long (for my taste) digressions about food and cooking. Bravo, great job!

Thanks, ohio

SteinermanSteinermanover 13 years ago
Love it!

Like Tony the Tiger says: "Grrrrrrrreat! Fabulous story. This good enough that you should get paid for it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Please - one thing though - don't drag this out between chapters like DS1 is doing. Totally spoils a great story when you can't even remember what the previous chapters were about.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Very enjoyable

A great read. I moved right through it and am ready for more. The dialog between characters is very well written and often very thoughtful. Nicole is a bit of a mystery which is intriguing. We get a nice sex interlude with some great reality coming out of it. He falls in love too easily and neither of them are really ready for that so they just need to enjoy each other and let things work out. Jenny is amazingly wise. I enjoy all of the characters, they all seem to have a special uniqueness. Nice job.

john1946john1946over 13 years ago
Good one

I waited to comment until the second chapter. With you I should have known better. The story just got better. It will be fun to see how the relationships go.

jkneusjkneusover 13 years ago
Excellent

Liked the first part, sort of been through something similar. The "knight in shining armor" and what Jenny says about it tells me she's no idiot. Some more good things our hero needs to hear. (Wish I had 30 years ago!). Very good writing, keep up the good work and am waiting for the rest of this story.

SupaSallySupaSallyover 13 years ago
So True

I know that some of my reactions to my divorce were like this. I didn't want to talk about it, and I certainly didn't want to be patronized by wellwishing friends.

And food became so important. I could spend a whole evening (at home alone) preparing a meal for one and doing a little baking and making soups. I guess food is sensuous and personal and deeply ingrained as a need, like sex.

But I am disappointed that there is no interaction or follow-up on the relationship or story of the ex-wife.

Sally.

thefranzthefranzover 13 years ago
Just great

Another good one! Believable setting, involving characters, crisp dialogue, all in all an exceptional story. The cooking scene with its erotic subtext reminds me of 3113's "Garden of Earthly Delights", which is high praise. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Great Great

First off great first two chapters. This is a prime example of character development without being dry or boring. Made it believable and glossed over non-important details in order to focus on plot. Look forward to reading more of your work.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Uncle Jack

You nailed it with uncle Jack.I mean you fucking nailed it! Most of the men I know are like him. They love their families but,have a low tolerance for bullshit. They see the reality of a situation fairly quickly.But,then again,I do not live in New York or Hollyweird. The lawyer was realistic also.That is the way men talk to each other when something like this happens.I do not remember too many stories that actually tell the truth like this.Is it just me?It is normal to be sad and have doubts,but most men do not over-analyze their fucking FEELINGS.

laguna783laguna783over 13 years ago
The EX WIFE etc

I agree the ex wife was on the rebound but was only out for herself and kids, Tim would have always been second best to her, he was as Jenny said a Knight in shining armour, one who is always in the background, but that like all things in life he can change, he now knows his faults and can change them, I know I used to be one of those who gave everything to his family and never thought of myself, I will not tell you how I changed as this great writer has worked out his own plot, but I can't wait for pt3, so all I can say is yes your story is so close to life its frightning, keep up the great work and hurry up with pt3 your readers are waiting.

grunabonagrunabonaover 13 years ago
*****

Another five star chapter, to say the least.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
It seems that we have a new

sheriff in town. Will Q be able to stave off Rehnquist and remain top gun, or will The Chief Justice put Steele behind iron bars? It has been some time since we have had this sort of quality from several top writers in the same general time frame. I think back to when Longhorn and KK and Joesephus and Blue and Ohio and TheCelt and a few others (And I apologize for not mentioning them, but they know who they are) were taking turns entertaining us readers on a regular basis. Perhaps we are beginning a new Golden Age of good stories on a porn site? We wade through a lot of shit to get to these pearls, and it now seems to be worth it. As far as the comment about more writers researching cooking... won't happen. A person needs to be interested in something to discuss it like Rehnquist does cooking. Manly men grill steaks and drink beer. (No offense, Chief!)In fact, it appears that he'd rather eat than screw, but I could be wrong.

Great chapter, but... I know Nicole is supposed to be the unknown factor here and that is my one small problem with her character and our hero. She has given him nothing. He has no reason to feel anything for her thus far. Our hero loves being in love. I would think twice before marrying a woman that cheated and destroyed her first marriage like his wife had done. Especially so if she is a nurse that cheated with a doctor. Get her a job on a garbage truck if you must marry her! Now he will fall for a woman that is as warm as block of granite? We will need Nicole to change more than a little as cold women don't make the best love interests. This story is really, really well written. Thanks a ton!

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years agoAuthor
Defending my honor

Thanks, HDK, for your more than generous comments. However, I need to make a few things crystal clear, lest I be forced to turn in my card at the next meeting of Manly Men.

First, I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOVE BEER! It is the nectar of the gods, one of the main reasons for living, proof that there really is a God, and He's treated us well indeed!

Second, the only things I love more than my wife, kids, and beer is screwing. Food, truth be told, isn't even in the top ten. Okay, the top five. Well, fourth, but it's still after wife, kids, sex, and beer.

For Tim's position on these, of course, you'll have to read on to Parts 3 and 4, both of which are submitted and should be coming out today and tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years agoAuthor
Oops!

My freudian slip was showing in the last comment. I need to make clear that my love for sex comes AFTER my love of my wife and kids, not before.

Please don't tell her about my mistake!

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Fantastic

Great story and you even know your kitchen. Any chance Nicole could come over to France and work at my place for a while? Seriously though, loved it.

cageyteecageyteeover 13 years ago
Enjoying it a great deal!

Hope there's not too much time between chapters!

gunnycdcgunnycdcover 13 years ago
great story

Rehnquist, you write a great story, please keep this going, I am biting my tongue waiting for the next chapters. Loved it.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
This is the best!

Beyond doubt of of the best stories posted on this site! I give out few 5's but this got one twice! The only complaint is that when I now read a piece of trash, it really stands out as trash!

Don't wait so long between chapters please.

Kindest regards

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story

I like the foreshadowing in terms of feelings he can't find a reason for. Good pace, good dialogue. Keep 'em coming.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Very creative writing and theme

The writing style pulls the reader into the story to where the characters come alive.

In my mind; I have the thought that Nicole and Tim would make a good couple as soon as Tim figures her out, and how to get close to her.

A beautiful series that makes for a reading pleasure, very professionally written. Thanks for the good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
kind of see harry's point from chapter 1

There seems to be this incongruity between tim the man and tim the professional. Everyone tells him he is an emotional doormat and he REALLY is. It is not an image or character that generates much sympathy.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
I liked everything about this . . .

. . . from the old Marine version of a good married life, to the party scene and aftermath, to the cooking tips at the end. You even got the math right on the restaurant pricing methodolgy; I learned the same in casual conversation with a friend named Joe who owned a bar much like the one in your story back when I lived in Dallas. Best Coq a Vin I've ever eaten. I do think working the recipies into your narative presents better.

Now that we know Tim is a knight who knows how to use his lance, I wonder how long it will take Nicole to discover?

Hell of a good story, keep it up Judge.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Thank you!

The chicken skins are great! The story is even better. Others may attempt to guide you along or attempt to figure out where the story may go. I won't. I don't shake the presents on my birthday either. I just open them and do my best to enjoy every aspect of the gift. Your writing is a gift.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Unbelievable! Perfect combination of hot sex and great story! I am so happy to have you back to writing more than just comments. Off to read chapter 3 and anxiously waiting for chapter 4 to post! I love that you're giving Q a run for his money. HDK has it right, it's been too long since Longhorn and KK and Joesephus and Blue and Ohio and TheCelt and a few others entertained us with well written stories!

Now go get started writing your next story!!! No pressure ;)

~S

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 13 years ago
Food Glorious Food!

Great story, great characters, interesting plot... yadda yadda ya.

But I must mention that while reading another story in which extensively rich meals were prepared and served as part of the character development... the food made me queasy. Yes it was all yummy but it wasn't... balanced; not sure what the right word is. Enjoyable though the story was, the food was a bit of a turn off.

Your food, however, creates the same visceral reaction in me that the eroticism creates, only different parts of the anatomy respond, obviously.

All summed up, the erotic factor combined with the salivating food you describe (and you better post the recipe for the chicken skin app.. mmmmmmm!) along with your caliber of writing means you've engaged more senses than any other story I think I've ever read.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Read Chapter, Read Comments, Both Great, write on.

Great Story R.

thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Superb in all respects...

Like every great meal, recipe or not, all the ingredients fit together!

A lesser writer would have him in bed as soon as he met Nicole - and then, bringing in Jenny was excellent timing to appreciate what appears to be a long lead-in to the main course, Nicole - in that he is a "knight" who saves damaged damsels.

Even your first sex scene was unique - I could feel them shivering in 45 degree temperature outside on the front walk while the oven heated inside their pent-up need of their bodies.

Definitely one of my favourite romps...

0649d0649dover 13 years ago

I remember reading your Knox County novel and saying I'd look again to see your latest, and here I am again :) The first chapter had an unusual introduction talking about carrots, which are great food when prepared well, but strange nonetheless to start off a story on that topic. As I went on it gripped me. Your portrayals of different people are amazing, for example where you have the uncle who talks in short gruff sentences when asking for a job, because I feel like I know him already!

It's interesting how you got the uncle to tell him why he kept staying back at work. That is a very interesting detail that you have picked up and written, and frankly it's genius that you have these small details emphasised.

It also highlighted how divorce is actually a stigma amongst many people even nowadays. Even I who am not committed nor divorced feel a stigma about getting divorced. I hate the idea and I'm sure I'd hate getting divorced for real. It wouldn't matter what the reason would be but on a sub-conscious level I'd feel like a failure, even if that was not true.

Your story has been enthralling thus far. The first chapter seems absolutely small compared to the first one, even if they are the same size. Perhaps it's because you had the hero go through much more issues in the second chapter, and it is very engaging. I'll be finishing off reading your story pretty soon!

sanity_breachsanity_breachover 13 years ago

You leave me with the feeling of being hungry and horny and for a broke college kid, this does NOT help my situation. But I just cant stop reading this story. I got on expecting a quick read, get off, and go on to messing around on facebook. But this story has caught my attention and now at 7 in the morning I am going to read this until its done. I can not wait to read your other work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Words of Wisdom Are Imparted!!!

Rehnquist :The Bar and Grill Pt. 02

Each piece of writing you create has very important life messages that your characters share with your readers in a clear meaningful way so that the message and meaning are understood and totally comprehensible yet it is done sensitively and with passion yet with a mutual respect that is shared not only in words but in the action between the characters. You also have characters whose traits standout whether it be a gruff, retired marine, a single, well to do, young, jock lawyer, a georgous, young female, or timid, insecure, young woman who each impart your messages for the good will of the main character. Your characters are rich, vibrant, and easily identifiable and likable by the readers because of the messages and sensitivity they share in their dialogue. It pulls the reader into the web your have created in such a way they can't stop reading until they reach the end and they for the most part are satisfied and have of course learned from the messages you have imparted in your writing. This chapter is simply great and mirrors that which I have already stated here.

Take care!

Simple_Me

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Keep going -

It is a real pleasure read - and fewer of the editing issues than some of your other work - a real pleasure thank you

bkdarkcambkdarkcamover 12 years ago
excellent

great job keep it up cant wait to see the next chapter

DelicoseDelicoseover 11 years ago

I haven't read all the comments but I thought I should bring this up. Jenny said, "That's the problem with knights. They put their own happiness ahead of everyone else's."

Shouldn't be: "They put everyone else's happiness ahead of their own."

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

This is getting more intriguing. Love the storyline.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago
Now I get it.......

whew.....I was kind of wandering a bit in CH 1 but this CH really pulled it all together for me, especially Uncle Jack's observations. Cannot wait to find time to read on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
thought out very well.

Though eluding the sexual content normally found in these stories, I was able to very much enjoy a well done first two parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
so far, so good

In reading some of your previous stories you seem reluctant to skewer deserving cheaters....David didn't hold back.....she still deserved more retribution....but it always seems to be the lawyer ( you ) , who recommends not.....it's time you learned to punish, at least a little, Rehnquist. Be a spuned man and not a lawyer for once. Actually, I like your stories. I just think you need to give more pain to those blatent cheaters . Show your dark side for once. It will be cathartic.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
5 more stars!!

I commented, after Ch. 1, that I hoped we had seen the last of Nina. I see why the author brought her back - to see if Tim had heeded Uncle Jack's and Jennie's advice. Yes the new Tim had - he was going to bet on a woman who would be a better mate. In real life, he might have gotten Nina to change and he probably still loved her (Perhaps more than he loved Nicole at the time.). Again, in real life, I could understand either choice. But concentrating on Nicole makes for a better story.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Holy crow!!

I don't know how I could make such a mistake. My previous comment was made after I read Pt. 2 and Pt. 3.

WillyVVWillyVVover 9 years ago
I watched for a minute, trying to fathom her thoughts and read her reaction.

I watched for a minute to fathom her thoughts and read her reaction.

I was as successful as I'd been with Nicole from day one.

WVV

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Some may not agree

I find so far that this is a pretty well balanced realistic story that doesn't go over the top and the characters going ballistic.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
Poor proof reading.

You wrote: That's the problem with knights. They put their own happiness ahead of everyone else's.

Should have been worded: That's the problem with knights. They put their own happiness SECOND TO or AFTER everyone else's.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

"I know you don't believe this now, but I will always love you.” – Not only do I not believe it, I don’t believe she EVER loved him! As Uncle Jack said, if she loved him she would have made the girls respect him, would have respected HIS moods, would have talked with him about what she was going through BEFORE hitting him with a fait accompli.

Jammer’s right – IF she did want to come back, why would he expect her and the brats to treat him any better than before?

“It was early on a Saturday morning in mid-November………But this particular Sunday morning, I was hungrier than hell” – Which is it, Saturday or Sunday?

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Additional Thought

Not to sound like a knee-jerk BTB'er, but I DO hope to see some misery come Nina's way before the story is over!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
G*d he's great!

Oh Renquist, where have you gone? We miss you dearly!

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
these are real people

not just characters in a fictional drama. Real enough for the reader to care about (some of) them.

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
A great story

So far I'm really enjoying reading your story. There are some well developed, multi-dimensional characters. Some times there are too many details and descriptions for my taste (maybe you're trying to make it long), but they don't mind. It 's still a great story. There are some really good moments, and some thrue pieces of wisdoms. Going to the next part right now. I have me hooked.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. A great love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

I'm giving this five stars because I read the entire story, and it should be judged as a whole rather than by the chapters.

One of the best!

mower9527mower9527almost 7 years ago
Bartender, I'd like another!

another very good chapter/section of a great read.

notdumnotdumover 6 years ago
GREAT!!

Great read

SunloverSunloveralmost 6 years ago
Great story

Great story with excellent plot. Very well written and hard to put down. Loved it.

PilotshopPrincessPilotshopPrincessover 5 years ago
Keep it going!

This is one of those stories that you put everything else off to finish. Cannot believe publishers aren’t trying to schmooze you yet, but they will. Then you’ll leave us. Make sure you let us know where to find you when they do!

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
Great

I've said it before, sort of.... You write GREAT STORIES.......

Ditto on PilotshopPrincess comment........ Excellent Job, Thank You 5*****+

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
you got this sentence backwards

That's the problem with knights. They put their own happiness ahead of everyone else's.

obviously, should be "They put everyone else's happiness ahead of their own."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Characters

These people are so real to me that when Jenny comes to Tim’s house, I just kept thinking, Aren’t you going to feed Ernie?!

Great job, of course. What makes a story really soar are characters.

Kappa

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Great

Wonderful story characters. They really make you feel their emotions. 5 Stars!!!

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Five

I am engaged when I read your stories. Not many authors here engage me. Very well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And You Even

Got it right calling them "...some chiles of some kind...", unless you've some connection with the south they're usually called peppers.

A story told in the vein of so many of Q's stories, perhaps where he began his quest. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Jenny got it in one, Timmy is your classic white knight and they can be really sweet. They can also be really irritating to the point that unless you intend to love them back, it's best to not have sport sex with them. First, they simply cannot handle it. They will get emotionally involved. If this is real life he will get pissy when Jenny doesn't return his phone calls. They are nice guys but their self esteem is way to tied into relationships.

PartlyPartlyover 3 years ago
Question

Is it bad to enjoy the food / cooking parts with Nichole and what’s his name more than the Jenny show?

Asking for a friend.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Oh man

This guy has bad luck with divorced women with kids

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Interesting story, as far as the ex, women (most) what the heck do they want? More sex, less sex, compliments. First wife 13 years 2 girls, wanted to take a break, wanted to go out and have fun without me then asked if it didn't work out could she come back? That while I was sitting there crying cause she was breaking up the family. Even left the girls with me. Guess we all have out priorities, true story. True life LW. good writing

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Good story pretty close to mark on women, go figure and ditto on my remarks from a few months back!

My next door neighbor, the wife, good person, hates her husband of 24 years. The husband, I like him to he helps me out with things I can't do anymore. He complains a lot about the wife, go figure, I get along with both. You know what they say: Their ain't no accounting for the people some people marry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More outstanding character development. Authors should study this one.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Not as emotionally charged as the first chapter nor did it 'grab' you like the first. Still, a solid addition to the story. Giving us some background and laying the foundation in the furtherance of the story. While this is Literotica, I found the sex scenes to be distracting. I wanted to more of the story. Go figure.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 pages that ought to have been reduced to 2. Not enough food information for a legitimate recipe, a mediocre sex scene stretched over 2 pages. The only useful information here is that Tim is a sad sack and codependent. Gee, that's a shock.

HOW, is this nearly 5 stars? I swear to God, the readers here or the score interfering devs are easily impressed. Extremely so.

Starsong

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is maybe a 5 page story bloated out to 4 chapters. You all are so easily impressed. All it takes a guy who stands up to a cheating woman. It's really pathetic.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Making this guy code dependent with the woman really really detected from your story. I would suggest that you totally avoid that theme of going forward.

This is a really good story but you need to contents it a little bit, You're using 4 words when 3 would do that sort of thing.

That said this is a really good story

You're a good writer and I'm really enjoying your work so please keep it coming.

I would do pay some mind if it takes above because there's several good points in there that will help Boost the quality view writing by a level of magnitude.

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

Why are all your male characters such fucking pussies?

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

I guess its the third time around on this story previous comments still stand and I still love the story, getting lots of cooking tips. Been learning to cook the las t three years since the wife passed, she was a great cook. Have found all my spices and herbs aren't good any more they are all over ten years old. Time to restock. There was one passage in the story after his encounter with the former queen of the prom

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Posted a partia; love the story. Has problem with one passage after his sexual encounter with Jenny. The passage went:

"The point is," Jenny continued, "you deserve to be happy, too. That's the problem with knights. They put their own happiness ahead of everyone else's. You shouldn't do that, Tim. You don't need to do that. You deserve to be happy, too."

Shouldn't this have read about Knights: "They put every on else's happiness above their own"? rather than "they put their own happiness about everyone else's?" That's it. Still a great story though.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

👍 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Good, but.....

You have his character "fishing" to much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@xhristianj

"Why are all your male characters such fucking pussies?"

Probably the same reason you are such an unenlightened asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've been enjoying this series so far, the food parts are fun as well.😋

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A lot of pretty (and petty) harsh critics here lately. I think I’ve read every story this author has posted here at least twice, some of them more than that. And for my money Rehnquist is one of the top five authors to post on Literotica. For whatever reason, he hasn’t posted anything here in over ten years and that’s our loss. But I would almost bet money that most, if not all, of the people ripping this story don’t stop reading at this chapter but go on to read the rest of the story. Even though they don’t like it. Hmm. People are strange.

Dee

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This comment cracked me up is unenlightened asshole the same as being a Heterosexual Male? You see when you read about a guy who is so blatantly codependent in an almost pathological way it really does get on your nerves if your a GUY. I mean for all those beta male wannabe lesbians out there they probably love this little guy with his 6 inch peepee. Like seriously did we really need to know about Stumpy's lack of appendage but obviously it fits the narrative of a cuckold little bitch.

@xhristianj

"Why are all your male characters such fucking pussies?"

Probably the same reason you are such an unenlightened asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Seriously, the cooking shit is a waste of time and is taking a lot away from what could be a really good story

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine11 months ago

I love the series. And since I worked as a chef for several years, I especially enjoy the restaurant / food parts of the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Amazing resurrection of creativity and self as well as an improbable romance.

Both within and outside of the narrative

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Peanuts, not so much a good thing in today's allergy filled word.

Also, his choice of dog would suggest homosexuality.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous