The Battered Lamp Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kyle froze, turning around. His mother had seized a fistful of Christy's brown hair, hauling the unmoving witch up. The sinuous dagger was at Christy's throat, right beneath the half-gold, half-silver necklace she now wore. It was a snake biting its own tail.

Ouroboros.

The same type of necklace that had immobilized Aaliyah when she was captured by the witches weeks ago.

"Mom?" Kyle gaped.

"You have such a pretty wife," his mom purred, her voice cruel. "I would hate to have to kill my daughter-in-law, Kyle."

Kyle left the groaning Makerah behind, striding towards his mother, peering into her dark eyes. "Are you still under Burke's spell? Fight it. Like you did in Burke's office. You know Christy. She's been my girlfriend for months. You cannot harm her. Let her go and I can save you."

"Stop right there, Kyle," she hissed.

"Your mother is under my power," Rashid declared. "I knew you would try such trickery. I was ready for your duplicity, Kyle."

Kyle fixed the Sultan of the Hidden People with angry eyes. "Release my mother! Now!"

"Or what?" the Sultan sneered. "You'll kill me."

"There is no one between us. I could cut you down in two steps."

"And then I would kill your wife," his mother declared. "You wouldn't want her pretty blood on your head."

"Surrender Kyle. The terms I offer are still in place. Submit to my rule and I shall allow your wife Aaliyah to rule the Jann. She may keep the rest of your harem in her household. You shall have the privilege of living in my palace, as my honored guest, for the reminder of your natural life. You shall not be harmed. I will even permit you the companionship of Christy."

"It seems like a fair deal," his mom purred. "You have always been a good boy that listened to me when I took you in. Put your sword down, and I won't kill her."

Aaliyah, I wish me and Christy were back with you.

His wish went unanswered. He was surrounded by the sapphire walls of the throne room.

Fear roiled through Kyle, mixing with his anger. He wanted to charge up at Rashid and cut the smug, old man down. He hated the triumph burning in the Sultan's eyes. He could end all of this. He could charge up there and slice the smug, evil bastard open. He just had to be strong. As hard as granite. As unyielding as the mountains.

I just have to let Christy die.

He turned to his mother, staring into her beautiful face. There was another way he could save his wife. His mother was dominated by Rashid. She was practically dead anyways. He had mourned her once, he could do so again.

It's probably not even my mother. It's just a trick. Probably a Si'lat whore masquerading as my mother, a construct of water, or a spirit trying to trick me.

He would save his wife.

Kyle raised his sword over his head.

His mother stared at him without fear.

Kyle's sword fell from his fingers. He couldn't kill his mother. He couldn't take the chance that it wasn't her buried in those dark-brown eyes. He fell to his knees. His resolve snapped, shattering within him.

"I surrender."

Christy's hazel eyes found his, tears brimming in her dark depths. I failed you, Christy. I failed us all. His shoulders slumped, his head lowered. All his strength seemed to bleed out of him. It was all over. He had lost it all.

"I'm such a fool."

A shadow fell over him. Makerah staggered up, blood sheeting down his body, a wild look in his eyes. He grasped Earthbones, holding it over Kyle's head. More shame flooded Kyle. His enemy wielded his weapon.

"What are you doing, Makerah?" Rashid demanded.

"Executing him." Makerah's voice was thick and wet, blood bubbling at his lips. "He cut me! He almost killed me!"

"Put the sword down!" Rashid stood up, swelling with power.

"No!" Makerah raised Earthbones up high. Kyle stared up at the blade, glinting gold and silver.

"Stop this!" bellowed Rashid. "I made a promise to him. He surrendered. He shall be staying as my prisoner."

"He is too dangerous!" snarled Makerah, spitting blood.

"And his wives and harem are even more dangerous! They will want blood if we kill him. They have the strength of force that can wipe us out. Kyle is the only hostage against their retribution. I cannot let you kill him."

"You cannot stop me, Father!"

"Do it!" hissed Faiza. "Cut him down! He deserves it for all he's done!"

"This is my throne room, and you shall obey me!"

"He hurt me!" screamed Makerah.

Water coalesced in the room, great homunculi bursting to life, surging with Rashid's anger.

Makerah sliced Earthbones down at Kyle.

Kyle stared at death hurtling down towards him. A part of him wanted to die. He had only imprisonment to look forward to. Dying at Makerah's hands seemed cleaner.

But hope flared inside him. As long as he lived, there was always a chance.

Earthbones was Kyle's sword. He had claimed it. He reached out, summoning it to his hand. The blade disappeared out of Makerah's grip in a whirl of gold. Makerah stumbled, off-balanced by the sword's disappearance.

It reappeared in Kyle's hand.

The homunculi surged forward, seizing Makerah in watery grasps, hauling the maddened Marid away as he cursed and yelled. Kyle seized his sword for a moment, preparing to rise. His mother tightened her grip on Christy, pressing the dagger into his wife's throat.

Kyle dropped the sword a second time. "You won, Rashid."

"No! You have to kill him!" his mother hissed as two watery homunculi seized Kyle's shoulders, pinning him to the floor. He didn't fight.

His mother let Christy go, standing up with grace and striding towards Kyle, murder in her eyes.

"Stop!" Rashid barked. "You will not harm him."

"Give me this one thing, my husband," his mother hissed. "Let his death be your bridal gift to me!"

"I have already made you Sultana. Kyle's death was not part of our agreement." Rashid stared at Kyle's mother. "You will submit to me, wife, or a prison can be found for you as well."

The possessed Faiza faced the Marid Sultan for a moment. "I shall be an obedient wife," his mother purred, throwing the dagger to the floor. "I apologize. My mistress has been greatly wronged by these two mortals. I let that cloud my mind."

"Hecate will just have to be patient. He is mortal. One day he shall die." Rashid faced his homunculi and commanded, "Fit him with a sapphire collar and take him and his wife to their new apartment."

The sapphire collar was cold around his neck. The water homunculi, their grip clammy, dragged him through the palace. A third carried the immobile form of his wife cradled in its arms. The corridors were lined with Marid witnessing his humiliation.

"So this is the mortal that thought he could defeat our great sultan," sneered a richly dressed courtier, his beard oiled.

"What a deluded fool."

Kyle hung his head. Every derisive word and sneering insult stabbed into him. Marid doused the flicker of hope he had felt when Makerah had attacked. He was beaten. He sank into his thoughts, not even hearing their jeering insults any longer.

"Greetings, Kyle Unmei," an older, plainly dressed Marid said, waiting at a sapphire door. "I am Abu Bakir, your custodian. He opened the door. "This entire wing is constructed of sapphire."

A smaller, sapphire room lay behind the door. The homunculi squeezed through, their bodies flowing around the frame as they dragged him through. Once the door was closed behind him, the jailer walked to the other door and opened it. A short, diamond hallway led to a diamond door. Through that door was a small, diamond room.

"Your quarters are made entirely of diamond, surrounded by sapphire. These doors shall only be opened one at a time."

Kyle understood. There would be no opening for him to contact Aaliyah or for a Djinn to teleport him out of his cell. It was a prison designed to hold powerful beings. The constructs pulled him into the diamond room.

"This is your apartment," the jailer declared, throwing open the last, diamond door. "If you ever need anything, I will be in here. Your every want will be provided for. We have brought many comforts from your world to let your stay be in comfort."

He bowed.

"Thanks," Kyle muttered.

He was thrown into his cell, landing on a rich, woven carpet. Christy was set beside him. One homunculi remained, standing before the door of the cell. Though it was hard to call such a richly appointed room a cell. A large bed draped with a silk canopy rested in one corner, shelves full of books lined the walls, and a pile of cushions were strewn before a flat screen TV and an Xbox. On a small, dark table sat a platter of dates and cheese.

It was almost like a home, but there were no windows. Kyle ripped off the sapphire collar and threw it against the diamond wall. Next, he pried the ouroboros from Christy's neck. Her amber amulet, the focus of her magic, had been taken. Kyle had never seen her without it.

"Kyle!" she gasped able to move again. She hugged him tight. "What are we going to do?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Khoshilat Maqandeli, The Hidden Realm

Aaliyah stared in disbelief at the emissary.

"Kyle wouldn't have gone to surrender!" Fatima declared, her voice hot. "He's not weak like that!"

The emissary did not struggle as Lois and Mindy held him tight, the concubine's fingers digging into the meat of the Marid's arms. Aaliyah wanted to rip the oiled beard from the smug emissary's face. I need to be calm. I need to be the Sultana.

Kyle! My love! What is going on?

She waited, controlling her fear. But her husband didn't answer her.

"But if they really have your mother," Fumi said. "I can see Kyle wanting to save her."

"Kyle was convinced it was Faiza," Britney stated. "She knew things about you and Kyle's childhood. Small details. They seemed genuine."

Aaliyah trembled, forcing herself not to fall apart. She couldn't be weak. Without Kyle, someone needed to be in charge. She was his first wife. She was the leader of his harem. She had to be strong for him.

"Then let's attack!" hissed Fatima. "We have the Ifrit and the concubines. Let's attack Sahabah right now, end Rashid, and save our husband from his idiocy!"

"We can't be rash," Fumi said, putting an arm around Fatima's shoulders. "We have to think this through."

"There isn't time to think!" Fatima knocked Fumi's hand away. "It is time to act."

"Kyle did not take the time to think," Britney said. "And now he has surrendered to them. We cannot make his mistake. We need to gather information, make a plan."

"Exactly," Fumi nodded.

"Fuck plans! Kyle needs our help!"

"Does he?" Fumi fixed her sightless eyes on Fatima. "What if he went to rescue her? He took Christy. She can teleport."

"Then they would be back by now!"

Aaliyah grasped that idea. "Yes. Our husband would not surrender himself. He isn't weak. He would want to save your mother, Fatima."

"That's our master!" Chyna exclaimed.

"Then why didn't he take me?" Fatima demanded, her face falling. "She's my mother, too!"

"Because he is a fool," Britney muttered.

Fumi hugged Fatima. "I'm sure he thought this was the best way."

"Lois, Mindy, take the emissary to the sapphire cells," Aaliyah commanded, clapping her hands. "Then we need to make plans in case something happens to Kyle."

The butt of Fatima's spear slammed into the ground, sparks flaring. "Nothing will happen to my bit gro! He will save our mom and come back to us."

"That is what I hope..." Aaliyah's voice faltered.

"Always plan for the worst," Britney stated. "You can hope for the best, but you must be prepared with contingencies. If Kyle was planning a surgical strike, he should have been back by now. Something may have gone wrong. We need to figure out our next step."

"Yes," Aaliyah nodded, flashing Britney a grateful look. "That is what we shall do."

"Who made you the boss, Aaliyah?" Fatima demanded.

"I am Kyle's first wife." She forced herself to be strong. To be the Sultana. "In Kyle's absence, it falls to me to lead us. So, we are going into the war room, and we shall make plans in the event Kyle is captured or...killed."

Fatima recoiled. "He can't die..." Tears brimmed in her eyes. "He can't!"

Fumi hugged Fatima tighter. "He won't. But...we need to plan for the worst. But our husband is strong. He will survive. Believe in him."

A Jann courtier walked up. "Sultanas," he bowed. "Another emissary from the Su...Rashid has arrived. He demands an audience with you."

Fear clutched at Aaliyah's throat. "We shall receive him in the throne room." She didn't know how she kept her voice from cracking.

She wanted to run away as she marched to the throne room. She wanted to hide beneath her bed and wait for Kyle to come home. She didn't want to face Rashid's messenger. There was nothing good in this. Kyle had failed.

He may even be dead.

Aaliyah sat upon the tourmaline throne. She felt so small.

The emissary strode in, carrying a bundle wrapped in blue silk. He was young and fit, an oiled, black beard twisted into a pair of points beneath his chin. He knelt before her throne. "Sheikha Aaliyah binti al-Jann Unmei, I greet you in the name of our great sultan, Rashid ibn al-Marid."

Aaliyah nodded.

The emissary uncovered his bundle, setting it on the floor. Earthbones. Kyle's sword. Aaliyah's stomach roiled. Her husband had surrendered or been killed.

"What are your master's words?"

"Your husband has surrendered and knelt to Rashid. He shall dwell in comfort in Sahabah with his wife, Christy. No want of his shall be found lacking. Rashid wishes you to know that he is merciful to his fallen enemy. But Kyle's comforts depend solely upon you, Sheikha."

"I am no Sheikha," Aaliyah corrected.

"Sultan Rashid acknowledges that you have a claim to the Sheikdom of the Jann. He will allow you to rule your people in peace. So long as you and Kyle's other wives support Rashid as Sultan, your husband shall continue to live as an honored guest."

"An honored prisoner," hissed Fatima. "This is bullshit!" Her spear flashed into her hand and she strode past Aaliyah's throne.

"What are you doing?" Aaliyah demanded.

"I'm going to get the Ifrit, and then I'm going to storm Sahabah and rescue my idiotic brother."

"What if the Marid kill Kyle before you can free him?" Fumi demanded, striding out to seize her arm.

Fatima froze in her grasp, biting her lip. She glanced at Aaliyah and her thoughts burned clearly in the Djinn's mind. I wish Kyle and Christy were back with his Harem, so we can have sex!

Aaliyah had to grant the wish. However, her powers couldn't reach out to Kyle. They have him imprisoned within Diamond and Sapphire, Aaliyah thought to Fatima. Rashid is not stupid. Calm yourself, my sister-wife. We must pretend to capitulate so that we can strategize on how to free our husband.

Fatima closed her eyes, then ripped free of Fumi's grasp, striding back to join the harem.

"We agree to Sultan Rashid's terms," Aaliyah declared.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sahabah, The Hidden Realm

"Can I speak with you in private, my loving husband?" Faiza purred, rising up from Makerah's form. She had just healed his wounded, broken son.

Rashid had mixed feelings about that. His Unbound son was useful, but he was also a threat. His insolence today had reached a new level. Perhaps it is time to break his chain and let him die?

"What do you want to talk about?" Rashid asked his wife.

She gave him a sweet smile--he didn't trust it. But her figure was lush beneath her skirt, her stance inviting. Last night had been the most vigorous, passionate night Rashid had ever experienced. He had no idea his body had such stamina or that he could take such delight in the flesh of a woman.

She was intoxicating.

I need to be more careful than ever.

Her hand drifted down between her breasts, pressing the material tight against her lush mounds, then continued sliding down across her stomach. "Doesn't every new bride yearn for her husband's bed?"

Rashid's cock hardened. He swallowed. He couldn't find a reason to deny her request, or his bodies desires. "Very well, my love." He didn't love her, but he did love that lush body. "I'm sure after such a stressful afternoon you are in need of comforting."

"Greatly, my husband. My brutish son unnerved me. I need to find solace within your arms."

Rashid rose, sweeping from his throne, Faiza following along behind him, his servants trailing at a respectable distance. He used a small door at the back of his throne room that opened on to a hallway leading to his private apartments.

This afternoon had gone almost perfectly. As long as he kept the knife to Kyle's throat, his wives would be cowed. They were only women. They had no business interfering in men's affairs. Aaliyah would meekly accept the Sheikdom of the Jann while the Ifrit would have no choice but to remain cowed. Sahabah's defenses could hold, if only barely, against the Ifrit alone.

And now he would taste his victory in the arms of his enemy's mother.

"You seem happy, my lord husband," Faiza purred.

"I have crushed your son."

"So well." Her voice was throaty, thick with lust. "You proved how much stronger you are than my son."

Rashid walked faster. He had to take this woman. His blood boiled through his veins.

He threw open the doors to his apartment, waving the servants to stay outside as Faiza swept in, her hips rolling. She flashed him a smoky glance as she passed, her hand brushing the front of his pantaloons; his cock throbbed beneath her touch.

She walked to his bed, her silks falling to the floor. She was dark and beautiful, her skin flawless. She looked over her shoulder at him, the profile of her round breast and hard nipple peeking out. Rashid's mouth watered.

"You were so strong today. Let me worship your strength with my body." She stretched out on the bed, her legs parting. She strolled a finger through her damp bush, twirling her pubic hair with one hand. "See how excited your prowess has made me, my husband. Feel how wet I am."

His clothes vanished into mist, his cock thrusting hard before him. He moved to her, crawling across the bed. He kissed her dusky thigh, her hands cupping his face as his beard slid up her leg. She shivered, spreading her legs wider, pulling his lips to her pussy.

Her tart excitement filled his nose.

She shuddered as he licked her, savoring her juices. "My strong husband!" she gasped. "So wise and wonderful!"

He licked harder, spurred on by her words, his tongue sliding through her petals. She tasted divine. No wine or candied date had ever tasted so delicious. He drank more of her ambrosia, her hips writhing beneath the pleasure of his mouth.

"So wise!" she moaned. "And yet you allowed my son to live."

He pulled away, looking up at her. "You know why I let him live."

She pulled on his beard, drawing him up her body. "Because you're afraid, my lord? Which is so foolish because you're so strong."

Her legs wrapped around his hips, pulling him tight, bringing his hard cock to the opening of her pussy. He slipped in, groaning as her tight, spongy flesh engulfed him. He shuddered as inch after inch of his cock slipped into her depths.

"My strong husband!" she gasped. "Afraid of a few women!"

"I am not afraid," he groaned, his hips thrusting hard.

"Then kill him." Her hand stroked his face. "For me, my love. I'll be ever so grateful."

Her pussy pulsed and writhed about his cock. New delights blossomed inside Rashid. He wanted to say yes. To let the boy die for all the trouble he had caused.

But Rashid was not an idiot.

"He lives! That is my will!" he pumped harder, savoring every bit of her flesh.

"Please, husband. Give me this one little thing."