The Beast

Story Info
Two young women scared out of their wits- Then what?
8.3k words
4.76
5.5k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I've been hiking for about an hour, pausing now and again to focus my camera on what might end up being a good image. I change to my 150mm f4 lens and take a few shots of a beautiful stand of trees nearby. Even though my digital camera always produces color pictures I'm thinking in B&W for this shot. The light is delicate and dreamy, low key, mostly dark with some shafts of sunlight shining down through the foliage to illuminate the forest floor. This is exactly why I'm a photographer.

As I'm squeezing off a third shot, a commotion grabs my attention. I can't see anything, but I distinctly hear female voices screaming not too far away. There's also another sound I can't make out, but the noises are getting closer to me by the second.

Going into photojournalism mode, I take a couple of steps back, bring the viewfinder to my eye and wait. All of a sudden, from the other side of the trail, a blond woman in her early twenties runs out of the bushes. Seeing me, she swerves and runs in my direction. My finger is very active on the shutter as she approaches- in obvious distress. I can't help but notice that she is completely naked. Despite my surprise, the photojournalist's code is to shoot first, and ask questions later.

Seconds later, another young woman, this one with light brown hair and, coincidentally, also completely nude emerges from the bushes. She trips and falls to her hands and knees just as the most enormous...

Wait, wait, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, perhaps I should take a moment to fill you in on who I am and why I'm here.

I'm 22, 5 foot 11 (almost), and my weight fluctuates right around 170 pounds most of the time. I've got blond hair, at least it used to be blond. It's been getting darker the past 5 years or so. I run and love to play volleyball and soccer.

My family's not rich but my parents had enough money to raise me pretty well on the south side of Elgin. I earned consistently high grades in high school, and did very well on my SAT's, so I was accepted into a good school with a partial scholarship.

I'm a photographer. Actually, I'm starting my 4th year at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in the Fall studying photojournalism.

I've been selling some of my work for the past 6 years or so, mostly portraits and landscapes. I've even done a few weddings to help pay the bills- profitable, but oh so boring. My dad works in Chicago and when I was about 14, he'd take me in to town occasionally. I loved walking through downtown and along the lakefront. The people, all so busy with their lives. They almost never noticed me with my camera taking candid pictures of them. So many expressions on their faces, so many silly or funny things happening to them. So many stories. I was also fascinated by the architecture. My pictures are mostly about the light as it bounces off surfaces and reflects onto others. I've gotten pretty good at seeing. That's really the trick to photography. It's amazing how many people look, but don't see.

It's early June and I had driven the 25 minutes or so down to Lake Shelbyville from my apartment in Sullivan, Illinois. I was walking the shoreline trail at Wolf Creek State Park- one of my favorite spots. It's pretty early in the season, before the schoolkids are out for the summer, so the park is still largely deserted. Everywhere you look there is wildlife in evidence. Deer, squirrels, ducks, geese, swans, egrets, frogs and little fish in the shallows. The leaves on the trees are starting to change from their spring yellow green to their summer blue green. I told you; photographers see these things.

So- that's enough about me for now. Back to the story. Okay?

Where was I? Oh yeah, the second nude woman, the dark haired one, remember her? well, she's on her hands and knees struggling to get to her feet when an enormous white BIRD charges out of the brush- wings spread at least 8 feet- making a terrible noise and bites her right on the ass. Screaming, she gets up and dashes forward toward us. My camera is set for 3 frames per second, and I'm using all of them.

I recognize the bird as a swan, but it is absolutely huge. It runs out to within 6 feet of us and stops abruptly. I am terrified but glued to the spot. I can hear the girls behind me gasping and moaning and shrieking. The bird is making a loud screeching/trumpeting sound. He stands there staring at us for a couple of seconds, then turns its head left and right before turning and dashing back into the bushes.

There is silence for about 5 seconds before we all start talking at once.

Me: "What the hell was that? Are you okay? My god, that was the biggest bird I've ever seen. I nearly peed myself. Where are your clothes?"

Blond: "Oh, my god that was so scary- he just came out of nowhere- my heart is beating so fast, I'm going to have a heart attack- what the hell was it? - What are we going to do?"

Brunette: "That fucking animal is going to DIE- I told you this was a bad idea Julie- My ass is killing me- am I bleeding? - Who are you and why don't you just mind your own business?"

After a long pause, I pull my brain together enough to blurt out, "Seems to me that you two might be in need of some help. I can see that you left literally everything behind, which presumably includes your clothes, your wallets, your car keys and your phones."

The blond, staring darts at her friend says, "No, no, really, you're right, we could use some help. Thank you, but we're a little freaked out."

"I think we all are," I observe.

About then the brunette realizes she's naked and does a hasty job of using her arms and hands to cover her naughty bits and turns away from me. The look in her eyes shows she realizes it's a bit late. I look down at the bright red mark on her left butt cheek. The blond sees her and does her own version of the cover-up move.

"Love to stand here and chat", the brunette says, "but we should move off the trail. Some cyclists are coming this way."

"Over here," I say, pointing, "there's a thick stand of small trees just there. I'm Ted, by the way."

"Do we trust him?", the brunette asks her friend.

The blond looks me up and down appraisingly, "He looks safe, and there ARE two of us."

As we turn to head into the thicket, the blond turns to look at me again. "Teddy, is that you?"

"Um, what? That's my name, but, wait, Julie? Holy shit it is you?"

"You two know each other?"

"Uh, yeah," Julie stutters, "Teddy and I were neighbors Elgin. He and his folks used to come over to swim in our pool on hot days when we were kids. We moved out of that neighborhood about 10 years ago- has it been that long? You really grew up."

"Just Ted is fine- never really liked Teddy. Yeah, those were fun afternoons. You've grown a little too. Why are you guys here? Where are your clothes?"

The stand of small trees we're standing in have trunks that are 2 to 3 inches in diameter. They're closely spaced so we can see out fine, but I'm pretty sure no one can see us here in the shade from the brightly lit trail. The bikes, there are three of them, roll past, not in much of a hurry.

"This is my friend Simone," Julie answers, "and we were going to do some sunbathing, you know, as nature intended."

Simone interjects, "And just as we were getting settled, that THING, was that a swan? that THING came rushing out of the bushes at us, screaming at us. We barely got out of there with our lives, let alone our clothes. Look at my ass- I'm bleeding, for Christ's sake."

"You said something about maybe helping us," Julie notes, "Any ideas about what we can do?"

"Well first, you're safe, at least for now. Second, I have a shirt that I can donate to one of you." I said as I started skimming off my old Van Halen t-shirt. Sorry I didn't bring two. You could have my shorts, but I went commando this morning. Wait, I did bring a small towel here in my pack."

"I'll take the shirt, my tits are bigger than yours," Simone says.

"I guess I'll take the towel then," Julie replies, "It's enough to hold in front of me."

"This shirt's pretty short, not really something I could wear in public, but under the circumstances, thanks."

I continue, "Third, I think I could arm myself with a stick or something and see if I can scare him off long enough to grab your things. Who knows, maybe he's moved off by now."

By this time, both girls have given up on their concentrated attempts at modesty. Julie's B-cup breasts are completely uncovered. Her left nipple has a small gold ring pierced through it, and she has another identical one in her belly button. She is loosely holding the towel in front of her blond nethers. Simone's ass is completely bare, and she is only half-heartedly covering her dark, nicely trimmed bush with her hand, as we look around for a suitable stick. "How's this?" she asks.

"Let me see." I pick it up. "It'll do. Now how do I get to your encampment? Is there a trail or something to where I'm going?"

"Not really, that's why we like it. When you get into the bushes, go toward the biggest tree you see. Our spot is just to the left, or south, of it. It's not far- unless you're being chased by that fucking CREATURE."

"So, you've done this before?"

"A couple of times, but we've never been attacked before. It's usually so peaceful."

"Good luck, my hero." Julie mock-swoons, kissing me lightly on the cheek being careful not to touch me with her breasts.

"We'll be here when you get back."

"You'd better be, that camera's expensive and there are a few shots on it I'd like to look at more closely."

I practice waving my stick back and forth as I walk toward an uncertain future. I turn and shrug just before entering the bushes. I can't see them, but I hear muted applause."

All is quiet as I press on. The bushes are about head high and thick, but with spaces between where one can get through without scratching oneself too badly. Some have white flowers on them, some yellow. I see the tall tree and angle toward it. Small birds twitter around me and I can hear myriad flying insects buzzing, paying no attention to me.

As they had said, I see a small clearing ahead, just grasses and flowers on sand, near the tree. As I make for it, I hear loud rustling sound coming from my left. Then that haunting, terrifying honking scream as my adversary bursts out of the brush. He comes right at me. I'm terrified but hold my stick out in front of me. He sees the stick and tries to outflank me by coming around from my right. I swing the stick to meet him. His cries seem to get louder, and I am wondering what the hell I had volunteered for.

For some reason, in that moment, my brain gives the swan a name- Zeus. It seems respectful for some reason. My mighty foe should have a sturdy name.

As I am contemplating this, Zeus unfolds his wings, leaps up off the ground and comes at me from above. I catch my heel on something and am down in a flash with this unearthly creature coming down on top of me. I kick at him and hold him off for a few seconds until he comes down and bites me hard just above my elbow. "Christ," is all I can come up with. I kick at him again and put enough distance between us that I am able to abandon my stick and get to my feet.

I start running, heedless, through the brush, with very little idea of direction. Every time I look back, Zeus is on my tail weaving in and out of the bushes.

Before I know it, I am out of the bushes and on the trail. I quickly look right and left but can't see my new friends. I just keep running into the woods on the other side hoping they will hear me. Zeus ceases his pursuit at the trail, so I stop and try to catch my breath. Looking around, I realize I had come out onto the trail about 30 yards south of where I had gone in.

After a few seconds, a lone jogger goes by with a friendly, "Are you okay?" He hadn't seen Zeus.

"Yeah man, thanks."

The girls are right where I had left them, looking disappointed. They don't seem very concerned with covering their naughty bits. Julie sees my arm first, "Oh, god, you got bit too?"

"Yep," I answer, "He came at me from the air. He's much better at close quarters combat than I am. must be protecting something nearby to have that much at stake. He's risking his own life to protect something. Probably a nest with eggs. We might not get in there for weeks."

Simone observes, "Without my keys we can't open or drive the car or get into my apartment, and Julie lives about 3 hours away, north of Chicago."

"Without clothes, we'll have to be very careful even getting to the car. We might have to wait until dark."

"We can't wait until dark. That's like 8 or 9 hours from now."

"I've got a water bottle and an energy bar." I volunteer. "Maybe I've got something more in the car- or I could drive to some fast-food place and pick us up some burgers."

"Burger sounds great. Where are you parked?"

"I got here early so I parked down near the lake across from the bathrooms."

"We'd never get to the car without being seen and probably arrested."

"How about one of you put on both the shirt and towel, go with me to the car, take off the clothes, and I'll bring them back for the second of you."

"A plan, but I sure don't want to be naked and alone in either the car or the woods here and I don't want to leave my stuff here."

"I can go to the car by myself and see if there's something else to wear in it. My car's pretty clean, so I doubt it, but who knows?"

"It would take you an hour or more to do the round trip. Not my favorite plan."

"Well, what else do you suggest?"

"We could try doing a 3-on-1 attack on the swan," Julie interjects.

"Easy for you to say, you haven't been bit by that THING yet," offers Simone.

"We should try at least once more, and unless you've got a better plan."

"I shrug my shoulders again and say, "I'm game for one more go."

"Can we have some water and split that energy bar before we do this?"

"Sure," I reply, fiddling in my pack.

As we begin passing the bottle back and forth, Julie volunteers, "This is going to sound weird, and I'm not sure why I'm telling you this, but I've loved being naked my whole life. Clothes bind and restrict me, and I'm less concerned about what other people think than my comfort. I love wearing lingerie and skimpy bathing suits. I have one of those Wicked Weasel suits that is like three postage stamps connected by string. The closer I am to being naked, the more turned on I get."

"Right now, I am actually very aroused. Just the thought that someone might find us like this. I used to get that way when you came over to swim at our house in Elgin. I'd be in the most daring suit my mom would allow and you usually wore one of those Speedo models that were like a small bag of nylon to hold your marbles in. You'd get an erection when you looked at me- yes, I could tell, and that turned me on even more. I'd have to get into the water so I could rub myself."

"I remember that suit. It was a very skimpy lime green two-piece with ties at the hips. Your nipples were visibly hard most of the time. I was fascinated. I knew that you knew I had an erection. You'd look at my face, then your gaze would wander down. At first I was mortified and spent most of the time in the water, but I came to like it and got bolder."

"Teddy, um, Ted, of course you can say no, but you said you're a photographer and I was wondering.... Would you like to take some pictures of me? I mean artistic ones. I'm not looking for gynecological studies."

"Wow, really, yeah, I'd like that. I can't guarantee I won't get an erection though."

"Too late, "Simone says.

"Is this a good spot to shoot?" Julie asks.

"We could make some beautiful exposures here. Bad pun, sorry. I mean that the lighting is low key and mysterious."

"Actually, that was a terrific pun, way above a groaner."

Simone says, "I can't believe you're doing this."

"I think we can trust him; he did face death for us already. I want to see every shot and approve them before you use them for anything, and I'd like to have some of them for myself."

I say, "Done, how do you want to start?"

"Direct me. If you suggest anything I'm not comfortable with, I'll tell you."

I had her step behind some tree trunks near a faint shaft of light. I position her so I can see one breast, her hips, her arms and most of her face. Only her eyes are hidden. I take three bracketed shots. "Smile for me." Three more clicks. "Smile really big like you're really having fun." I can see her beautiful white teeth and I make 3 more exposures.

At first, all of the shots exclude enough of her face that it would be difficult to recognize her. I start more modest but start revealing more of her as we go. I have her push her butt up against the space between two trees and lean over just enough to part her outer lips. "Right there." I comment as I take three more shots.

I play with the light to make a series of nearly non-objective shots. She is now moving herself to poses that I wouldn't have thought of. "Remember I get to see these before you do anything with them," she says.

"Simone, come over here," Julie asks.

"I don't think so."

"C'mon, don't you trust Ted by now?"

"Not sure that I trust myself."

"C'mon."

Simone steps over, "Okay, what do you want me to do? Nothing kinky."

"Move over there behind those really small saplings, face away from each other and lean up against each other back-to-back. Like this," I show them. "Now face away from the camera." Snap, snap, snap.

"Bend from the waist touching only butts only. A little more, THERE." Snap snap.

"You do know my butt still hurts, right?"

"It's called suffering for your art," Julie comments.

We spend a total of about 20 minutes taking pictures before Simone says, "Guys, this has been fun, but it's only a distraction from our priority. Let's try that 3-on-1 attack thing."

"Yeah," I say, "I could keep shooting for the rest of the day. That was a great idea, Julie. Thank you, ladies, for your cooperation. Maybe we could do it again someday."

"I still get to veto any shot I don't like," Julie reminds me.

"Of course."

Julie whispers to me, "I loved being naked in front of your camera. It was a both a letting go and a taking charge at the same time. I felt seen, sexy and important at the same time. I'm voting for doing it again soon."

"Should we all get sticks?"

"Julie, what are you going to do about being naked? You can't hold a stick and a towel at the same time."

"I was thinking I could tie the towel to my stick to make it scarier for, what did you call him, Zeus?"

"I could do the same with my shirt, but I think I'd rather wear it. Maybe I can tie to my stick once we get close to the clearing."

We get ready and I walk down to the path to make sure the coast is clear. I signal and they appear. We look at each other and Julie goes first, "It's now or never."

Once into the bushes, Simone takes off her shirt and ties it to the stick. I watch her do this and decide. I take off my shorts and tie them to my stick. "Wow, I didn't expect you to do that," Julie remarks, "you look great naked, except for those crazy tan lines."

"I'm getting even more turned on." Julie whispers to me. "Let's get this over with."

We march ahead in triple file, about 8 feet apart. As we approach the tree, we hear the swan revving up his honking scream. Zeus comes out and we frantically wave our clothes at him. He stops, looks back and forth at us, then makes a squealing sound unlike anything we'd heard.

"I think we've got him," Simone comments.

Just then, a second white swan, this one smaller than Zeus, but just as pissed off appears. They both charge us. Now its 3-on-2. We thrust and parry and keep them at bay for what seemed like half an hour but was probably less than 5 minutes.