The Beginning of Us Pt. 01

Story Info
The story of Emma and Bella , and their rekindled romance.
781 words
4.42
2.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bella was busy arranging books on the shelves of her small but cozy bookstore, her fingers brushing against the spines of the novels as if they whispered their stories to her. The faint scent of paper and ink filled the air, mingling with the smell of freshly brewed coffee from the café next door. The bell above the door jingled, announcing the arrival of a customer, but Bella was too absorbed in her task to look up immediately.

As Bella glanced up from her work, her eyes locked onto the woman who had just entered the bookstore. Time seemed to freeze as she recognized the familiar face, the fair complexion, and the gentle curve of a smile she had once known so well.

"Emma?" Bella whispered, her heart pounding in her chest.

Emma looked up, her own eyes widening with surprise and recognition. "Bella? Is that really you?"

For a moment, they just stared at each other, the years that had separated them melting away. Then, as if drawn by an invisible force, they moved closer, embracing each other tightly. The warmth of their bodies was a reminder of the past, a time when they had been inseparable.

As they pulled away, both women smiled, their eyes shining with unshed tears. "It's been so long," Emma murmured, her voice soft and hesitant.

"I know," Bella replied, her own voice barely audible. "I never thought I'd see you again."

Before they continued catching up, Emma explained her visit to the bookstore, "I actually came here to find a book related to civil law, 'The Comprehensive Guide to Civil Law', for a case I'm working on. I never expected to find you here."

They spent the next hour catching up, the years falling away as they laughed and shared stories of their lives since high school. They had both changed in so many ways, and yet, there was still a connection between them that seemed to defy the passage of time.

When Emma mentioned her marriage to Matt, Bella couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. She remembered the nights they had spent together as teenagers, the secrets they had shared, and the love that had blossomed between them.

As the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a warm golden light through the bookstore window, Bella took a deep breath and asked, "Do you remember the time we went skinny dipping in the river during that scouting camp?"

Emma's cheeks flushed a delicate pink, and she smiled. "Of course, I do. That was the first time we kissed."

Bella nodded, her heart racing at the memory. "I've missed you, Emma," she confessed, her voice barely more than a whisper. "I've missed us."

Emma reached out, her fingers brushing against Bella's hand. "I've missed you too," she admitted, her eyes filled with longing.

As they sat there, hands entwined, it was clear that the love they had shared as teenagers had never truly disappeared. It had simply been waiting, buried beneath the weight of the years, for a chance to resurface and bloom once again.

"We should do something," Bella suggested, her voice filled with hope and excitement. "We should go on an adventure together, just the two of us. Like old times."

Emma hesitated, but the sparkle in Bella's eyes was contagious. "Alright," she agreed with a smile, her heart swelling with anticipation. "Let's do it."

As they continued to chat, Emma suddenly glanced at her watch and gasped. "Oh no, I'm going to miss my train! I didn't realize how late it's gotten."

Bella's eyes widened with concern. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Emma. We got carried away with our conversation."

Emma smiled reassuring ly. "Don't worry, it was worth it. But I really must go now."

"Wait," Bella said urgently, grabbing a pen and a piece of paper from the counter. "Let's exchange phone numbers so we can plan our trip."

Emma nodded, quickly jotting down her number and handing it to Bella. Bella did the same, handing her slip of paper to Emma.

"Call me later, okay?" Emma said, smiling warmly.

"I will, I promise," Bella replied, her heart aching at the thought of parting from Emma so soon.

With a final embrace, Emma rushed out of the bookstore, the bell above the door jingling as she left. Bella watched her go, clutching Emma's number tightly in her hand, already looking forward to their adventure together.

As the door closed behind Emma, Bella felt a sense of hope and excitement that she hadn't experienced in years. With her heart still pounding, she returned to her books, but her thoughts remained with Emma and the possibilities that lay ahead.