The Betrayal Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't want to hear it, Neha," her mother told her. Trying to sound disinterested. She was comfortable. They both had enough. Why make anything more complicated than that.

"I told him. About father," Neha continued. Asha kept her hands busy and her head down. "He was very sympathetic."

"Yes, most people are," her mother said. It didn't change anything in her mind. She sliced another stem off of a rosebud and placed it inside the vase with a lotus plant. Her mother often brought budding flowers home to watch them blossom over the week.

"Why don't you try going out with him, just once?" Neha asked.

"Neha-" Her mom clicked her tongue.

"Please? We could have him for dinner tomorrow. I'll cook everything," Neha offered, leaning against the door.

"Have him over? Why? Do we need any more gossip around us?!" Her mother told her.

"There's nothing wrong with getting to know someone," Neha told her.

"Neha, I didn't attend university like you. What ever will we talk about?" Asha said after a moment.

"Mom, you don't have to worry about that," Neha said. "I'm telling you. He's very kind. I know that you will enjoy his company."

"Why is this so important to you? Can't you see that we are doing fine on our own?" Her mother said. "Marriages are work."

"Mom, you would be able to socialize again, get out of the house more," Neha replied.

"I like having a private life," her mom told her, defensive. Neha just stared at her; arms crossed.

"Just give him a chance, Mom. Please?" Neha asked. Asha was all done assembling the arrangement. She reached for a blossom and her fingers brushed the petals, deep in contemplation. Her hand dropped and she met Neha's expectant gaze.

"Ok, Neha. One dinner," Asha told her, with a slight smile. Neha jumped up and down and clapped. For a moment, she felt genuine happiness for her mother, but it was tarnished by guilt within seconds. She was helping her mom get out of her shell but for her own benefit. It left a pit inside of Neha's stomach.

"I'll tell him tomorrow," Neha told her. Her gaiety was slipping away and she tried to compensate by filling her mind with ideas for what to cook the following evening.

~

The table was adorned with a colorful tablecloth and linen set that they hadn't used in years. Neha was surprised. Her mother had dressed up more than she was expecting, in an embroidered salwar kameez, brighter colors than she had worn in ages. Her hair was pulled back into a clip. And, even make up!

Neha set the floral arrangement on the table. Most of the buds were still knotted tightly shut, except for the lotus. It was cracking open ever so slightly. Neha smiled and set out a few tealights. Her mother gave her a chastising look when she saw them.

"Is that really necessary?" Her mom asked. That's when there was a knock on the door. Neha shrugged and shot her a mischievous smile. Neha waltzed around the corner and opened the door, Hari held two golden boxed in his hand and was wearing a button up with slacks. His beard was shiny and his hair slicked back.

His eyes were alight with things he couldn't say. Neha welcomed him inside. As he walked past, she risked running her hand along his back. He didn't say anything, instead looking over his shoulder and raising an eyebrow. 'Do you really want to play this game?" his look said, a grin beginning to spread across his lips.

Neha shut the door. She could hardly contain the whispers of adrenaline that coursed through her. Hari was invited to sit at the table with her mother while Neha plated the meal. She gave them a little extra time than necessary, hoping that her mother would warm up to having company again.

When she brought the food out, her mother gave her a knowing look. She was well aware that Neha shouldn't have taken that long, but she seemed in good spirits, regardless. Hari asked many questions. How long had she owned the shop? Does she enjoy working by the Embassy with all the tourists milling around? Did she have any plans for expansion or opening up other shops? He was good at opening people up.

It was all very professional and Neha could see her mom relaxing. Talking shop was familiar, and effortless for her. Negotiating with herself about whether she was ready to date again after losing Neha's father was not. When they switched subjects, both Asha and Hari talked about Neha's studies and how she was progressing.

"Your home is quite pleasant. So spacious," Hari praised. "It can be difficult to attain flats of this nature in this part of town," he continued. Asha sipped her chai and nodded.

"Yes, my husband left it to us after his passing," her mother told him. "We are very fortunate to call this our home for as long as we have and not have to worry."

"What did he do, if you don't mind me asking?" Hari asked. Neha was surprised that he was choosing to talk about her father so soon. Her mother didn't say anything.

"I apologize," Hari said immediately. "I didn't mean to offend you."

"No- I. Thank you. I just haven't talked about him for some time," Neha's mother said.

"I understand," Hari told her.

"He was always busy," Neha added, trying to break the tension. To her surprise, her mother recovered and chimed in.

"He was in investments. He was good at using money to make more," Asha divulged. They switched subjects again but there was still something in the air after the brief conversation.

Before Neha knew it, dinner was over and they were all helping clean up the table. Neha could tell that her mother was impressed by Hari's willingness to help. That was uncommon.

"Is it possible to use your restroom?" Hari asked. Asha was busy in the kitchen. Neha told her that she would show him where it was. Her mother nodded absent-mindedly. Neha walked him around the corner to the end of the hall. Her breath caught when he pulled her too him.

His hands on her shoulders, lips on hers. Heat rose in her cheeks. She didn't dare make a sound. She wrapped her arms around him as his hands descended to her hips. He backed up through the open bathroom door. She shut the door behind them.

"Do you think I made a good impression?" he asked. She nodded, barely hearing him. She wanted to ask him why he had brought up her father when he leaned in for another kiss, pushing the issue far from her mind. His hands gravitated to her hips again, tugging at the fabric, pulling it up.

They locked eyes as his fingers made contact with her panties. It was as if he were testing her. Will you make a sound? Whatever he saw in her eyes must have been satisfactory, because he guided her to the wall. Turned her around, pressed her against the cold marble.

Her hands cemented against it while he fumbled with his belt. She felt him jerk the panties to the side and pressed his cock against her opening. She opened her legs, pushed back against him. She gulped down her moans and focused on remaining still. They didn't have long. He didn't waste a second. She was filled to the brim with his rigid prick, trying not to slip as sweat gathered on her hands.

His hands were on her ass, stretching it apart. He wanted the view, to see her take all of him. The combination of seeing her take it and feeling her cunt submit was key to making him cum within a minute. His last few thrusts were staggered as his jaw unlocked and a river of gratification scorched through him.

Neha still didn't make a sound, even when his nails dug into her ass and his cock ignited against her. He slid out of her and let her panties snap back into place across her soiled cunt. He rinsed himself off in the sink and one last kiss, tracing her chin with his thumb.

"Stay in here a little longer," he instructed. "I'll tell her you gave me a tour of the rest of the house and needed to grab something."

Neha merely nodded. Her thoughts weren't lining up. He seemed to know that answer to everything while she was still reeling from the magnitude of their passion. The door shut and she braced herself against the counter. Her chest was heaving.How was she supposed to act normal around him in front of her mother after that?

Neha steadied her breathing and stared at herself in the mirror. She smoothed out her hair and her dress, telling herself that she looked perfect. Her mother wouldn't know a thing. She cleaned off her thighs with a towel, tossing it in the wicker basket as she walked out the door. Hari didn't stay much longer. After he was gone, Neha rushed to her mother.

"So, what did you think?" Had her mother heard them in the bathroom?

"He's very charming," her mother mused. Neha inferred that nothing was amiss and her heart caught back up on the beats it had missed.

"So, you'll see him again?" Neha asked. Her mother scoffed, and looked at her with playful annoyance that only her daughter could cause.

"I don't know yet. I have grown rather comfortable with being alone," her mother divulged.

"And that never bothers you?" Neha asked.

"There are times," her mother admitted. "But I've always had you." Neha felt another pang of shame. "He's a quality suitor but I just don't know about dating again, Neha."

Neha didn't push her any further. Instead, she wiped down the table and counters, trying to busy her with cleaning. Maybe her mother wasn't interested, and they would have to come up with a new plan? She tried to scrub the uncertainty out of her mind.

~

Within a couple of days, the blooms in the vase were completely open and filling the house with gentle scents. Asha was changing the water in each fixture when Neha had come home. Neha had, for the most part, backed off from urging her mother to date Hari.

She thought it would come off as too suspicious. There was nothing left to do but wait. She couldn't stop thinking about Hari fucking her in the bathroom. It sent shivers of excitement through her skin and caused the wetness between her legs to return. They hadn't met after class in days. So, she had only interacted with him when class was in session like anyone else. He was very careful, barely sparing her a glance or extra attention unless most of the students were occupied with their schoolwork. It was a game where Neha tried to anticipate when he'd shoot a look in her direction. Every glance sent her body through a spiral of lust. She wanted to stay after and be with him, but they had agreed that until she has any updates, that it was best to lay low and avoid doing anything too risky.

When, Neha came home and saw her tending to flowers, she sighed. Her mother seemed content. There was no reason to think that she'd want to upend her life with the commitment of marriage. Neha was heading to her room when her mother called her name.

"Yes, mother?" Asha didn't look at her at first. She kept her attention on the dynamic blooms.

"I was wondering if you could send word to Hari that I'd like to have him over again or ... See him again?" Neha was stunned. Her mother's back was still to her.

"Yes, well I can also just tell him how to contact you," Neha suggested.

"That would be fine," her mother agreed. Asha walked around the table and met her daughter's eyes with a fleeting glance. She was nervous but was ready to take a chance on Hari. That much was clear. Neha practically skipped to her room at the prospect that she would be able to see him after class the next day.

~

"She wants to see you again," Neha reported to him. Hari's eyes glinted at the prospect. He sat at the desk next to her. He pulled both legs into his lap. She stared at him confused as he pulled her flats off. He rubbed into her heels and she gasped with pleasure.

"What else did she say?" He asked her.

"Just that you can contact her directly from now on," Neha relayed, closing her eyes and allowing her head to fall back over the side of the chair. Her sleek black hair pooled into the seat behind her. Hari enjoyed watching her arch with contentment, her breasts buoyant and on display.

He moved his thumbs along her soft feet and they curled in his hands. Her lips closed around a sigh. He moved on to the other foot and her toes wiggled with excitement. He chuckled and rolled her other heel between his hands.

"I know this hasn't been easy for you," he said after a while. Neha's eyes flickered open. There was a relaxed curve to her eyes, as if she were sleepy.

"What do you mean?" She asked, sluggish amidst the movements of his dutiful fingers.

"I know that you have doubts about what we are doing," he said. Neha sat up a little, but he motioned for her to relax again. "It's ok to have doubts. I understand, of course she's your mother."

"Sometimes, I worry," Neha admitted.

"Just think about how happy we will be, and your mother will to. With more credibility, she'll be able to live the life she deserves."

"I know. It's only a matter of time. I just have to keep telling myself that," Neha said. Hari smiled at her willingness. She leaned in, placing a hand on his chest. Her lips were victorious on his. They were closer than ever.

~

Neha sat at the table as her grandparents gushed about Hari who had just left. Asha still looked unconvinced that marriage was an acceptable option. After meeting the parents, the next step was Hari asking them for her hand in marriage. Asha's mother couldn't stop pointing out details she like about him.

"A professor?! Asha, what more could you ask for?" Her mother went on. Neha fought the urge to smile. She should have gotten them involved sooner. They were a dynamic duo of encouragement.

"He's a worthy suitor in my eyes," her father announced.

"Yes, why are we just meeting him now?" Her mother asked, reproachful.

"He wasn't a suitor until recently," Asha argued.

"Of course, he was!" Her mother argued. Asha didn't say anything. Her fingers picked at the embroidered borders of her kameez. Neha hadn't ever seen her mother so embarrassed.

"I didn't want to rush anything," Asha reiterated.

"Rush anything? You've been widowed for a long time, dear," her mother told her with a pat on her hand. She sounded as if she was trying to comfort her but didn't possess the ability. Asha looked exasperated but knitted her lips together, remaining silent.

"We thought you would catch the attention of a laborer but this defies all expectation," her father stated.

"Yes, how lucky you are to have a daughter at university looking out for your best interests. I dare say, Neha. You may have found her a perfect match," Asha's mother applauded.

Neha smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. They were all so excited for her mother, but she felt selfish and deceptive.

"And so polite. It makes me so hopeful to know that he is educated the next generation," Asha's mother continued. "And the way he was with Neha? So courteous and respectful."

Asha had noticed that as well. She was quite surprised to meet a man that was unbothered not only by her widowhood but by the fact that she had a child. It left her conflicted. Would having a father-like figure in Neha's life, even this late, help her succeed in life?

"You've needed a husband for some time," her mother told her. "If you push him away, there's no guarantee you'll get another offer."

"I have survived this long without one," Asha told her, defiantly.

"But no place in society." her mother's voice was crisp. "You've become a shut in and this man is offering you a way out. True happiness awaits you. As one can only find in a blessed marriage."

"As always, dear. We respect your decision," her father said. Asha could hear what was left unsaid. But we will always bring this up if you let this opportunity pass you by.

"Well, don't take long child. I want to write the dates on our calendar as soon as you come to your senses."

"He still has to ask first," Asha told her.

"Asha, it's obvious he is very enamored with you. Why are you considering passing up your second chance?"

Asha didn't answer. Instead, she started to put everything in order in the house. Her parents left not long after, but she couldn't escape everything they had told her. Was she avoiding true happiness? Both for herself and Neha? The days passed. She had arranged to see Hari later that week.

She couldn't keep trailing him along if she didn't actually want to marry him. It was either time to tell him that she wasn't ready or say yes when he asked her hand for marriage. Asha picked up a framed photograph. Neha's father smiled back at her. He would want them to be happy. She set the photograph down with a sigh, knowing what she had to do.