All Comments on 'The Bike Ride Which Led to Love'

by island_man

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
reader1000reader1000over 2 years ago

Nicely done. Light and enjoyable with a bit of a tour of Malta as well. But "dimples" on the butt cheeks rather than "pimples" I think. The Danish shaft drive bike also intriguing and will check that out. Thanks.

island_manisland_manover 2 years agoAuthor

You’re right reader1000, definitely slip of the finger (oops)… yep they are beautiful bikes!

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

I loved this story. Now I have to look up your earlier ones! I’m a sucker for a well-described setting, so yes, I did look up the places! You made me feel like I was there with your vivid description. The characters are interesting, too, and they seem like people that I’d like to meet. 5*

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Well done 5 stars

Aussie1951Aussie195110 months ago
AGAIN

What is it with you? You must’ve had a bad childhood when you’re younger, This is the second story of your I’ve read with a similar ending where they both got married and decided not to have any children. Clearly you’re not into having any of your characters having children. I’m too scared to read another one of your stories just in case it’s the same scenario I think I’ll give the rest of your stories a miss…I’m certain you won’t lose any sleep over my comments…

island_manisland_man6 months agoAuthor

Hi Aussie1951, thanks for your comments. :-)

I actually had a superb childhood. I have two lovely daughters who I adore. The characters in my stories are very much figments of my imagination and in this case I just used the 'no children' excuse to reflect what is going on much today, really.

In this story, it is used to provide the two characters who have a love of cycling, to be able to explore a bit more of the world without being tied down (as usually happens) when people have kids.

There is no doubt that children will be a bit of a (happy) problem when they are young.

And actually I was thinking of adding another chapter where an unexpected pregnancy occurs...

Again, thank you for your comments.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userisland_man@island_man
I have been reading and writing on this site since 2005! Wow! I have recently found a stash of text files which comprise roughly 300 pages of stories... hopefully I will have time and strength to finish them! Lately, due to health problems, I had to take a step back from jot...